PDA

View Full Version : A Sign to Look for Tonight that Would Bode Well for the Spurs

Harry Callahan
06-15-2014, 08:26 AM
.....Dwayne Wade's lack of movement continues.

I know he's hurt, but he has no desire to move with his man on D. He's pointing out switches so he can stay in one place and not run. That is his way to save energy for the offensive end.

Wade is also falling a lot as he drives the ball - a lot of the time the bailout call is not happening as it did in previous years. He is having a difficult time keeping his balance and getting up off the floor when he falls down.

This has been the case for almost the entire series.

I think his knees are so bad now even the shots (painkillers, HGH) are not enough now.

I don't feel sorry for him at all. I've seen too many games where he gets 15-20 FTs in the past.

The Spurs just have to continue to exploit him tonight. If they do, there is an excellent chance we get to buy some new gear on Monday.

Mel_13
06-15-2014, 08:28 AM
Kawhi and Danny make it halftime with less than 3 fouls apiece.

xmas1997
06-15-2014, 08:44 AM
And this year Manu is NOT hurt for a change.

Jimcs50
06-15-2014, 08:55 AM
Not playing in Summer helps

soxxx
06-15-2014, 09:17 AM
I think the Spurs whip the Heat the same way the Heat whipped the Thunder the in game in 2012.

therealtruth
06-15-2014, 10:03 AM
.....Dwayne Wade's lack of movement continues.

I know he's hurt, but he has no desire to move with his man on D. He's pointing out switches so he can stay in one place and not run. That is his way to save energy for the offensive end.

Wade is also falling a lot as he drives the ball - a lot of the time the bailout call is not happening as it did in previous years. He is having a difficult time keeping his balance and getting up off the floor when he falls down.

This has been the case for almost the entire series.

I think his knees are so bad now even the shots (painkillers, HGH) are not enough now.

I don't feel sorry for him at all. I've seen too many games where he gets 15-20 FTs in the past.

The Spurs just have to continue to exploit him tonight. If they do, there is an excellent chance we get to buy some new gear on Monday.

I think the key for us is not bailing him and Lebron out with free throws.

ElNono
06-15-2014, 10:03 AM
Had one or more 30+ pts quarters...

therealtruth
06-15-2014, 10:06 AM
I think the Spurs whip the Heat the same way the Heat whipped the Thunder the in game in 2012.

The Spurs need to come in locked in and focused on their shots so they can blow the game open early. The Heat struggled dealing with deficits at home. They'll fold on the road.

EVAY
06-15-2014, 11:17 AM
Getting out of the first quarter with less than 2 fouls on Leonard and Green.

DPG21920
06-15-2014, 11:19 AM
Kawhi and Danny make it halftime with less than 3 fouls apiece.

MEL

DPG21920
06-15-2014, 11:23 AM
One thing I wrote about is number of FGA. The Spurs offense is the best in the league and clearly a level above MIA's. If they get the same or more FGA, then they are very, very tough to beat. Obviously FT's even things up, but basically, if SA doesn't foul or turn the ball over too much, MIA will always struggle to win (assuming the Spurs don't shoot incredibly bad).

It's not just about getting more shots; it's about the fact the Spurs offense creates more high percentage looks than any other offense. If that's the case, it only stands to reason that getting more shots results in a higher probability of a win for an offense of SA's caliber.