PDA

View Full Version : Feels like a huge Trap game....

poop
06-15-2014, 09:16 AM
Anyone else feel like this game 5 is a total trap game? I know the spurs can and should win, and they have been playing godlike bball and miami looks beat...but its like damn everyone seems to be planning the parade and talking about next year already like its already over. Miami had few extra days of rest, and its still the freakin miami heat with a prime lebron james...for as much as weve written them off already, i could EASILY see them winning tonite. Spurs still win the series, but tonite just feels like it could be a trap imo.

Gummi Clutch
06-15-2014, 09:17 AM
it is.

InRareForm
06-15-2014, 09:19 AM
The first half will tell all imo.

DesignatedT
06-15-2014, 09:21 AM
It's a close out game. It's going to be tough, as long as the spurs come out with the right attitude the series should end tonight. The spurs are so focused right now.

SpursFan86
06-15-2014, 09:21 AM
Lucky for us, we're not the ones preparing for the game and playing tonight.

You think this Spurs team feels comfortable and is getting ready for a parade? After last year? Fuck no. We might lose tonight, but it shouldn't be because of a lack of energy or focus.

gee
06-15-2014, 09:23 AM
It's a close out game. It's going to be tough, as long as the spurs come out with the right attitude the series should end tonight. The spurs are so focused right now.

Spurs9
06-15-2014, 09:26 AM
http://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000038224585-0iixkc-original.gif

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-15-2014, 09:32 AM
Have you been watching the series? The Spurs have comprehensively outplayed the Heat, and their determination and confidence is writ large, not to mention their far superior execution and teamwork.

It'll be tough if Kawhi gets in foul trouble or we have a spate if injuries, but otherwise I think we party tomorrow night.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-15-2014, 09:33 AM
...and I will now go and sacrifice 2 kangaroos and a possum to expiate the jinx! :lmao

703 Spurz
06-15-2014, 09:45 AM
Since the actual team doesn't think like us shit-whistlers on this site, it makes no difference. I could have already pre-ordered championship gear. It has no bearing on what is actually going to happen the rest of the way.

I don't even know how it could be considered a trap game. Win the series by winning this game. Just fucking do it.

biskvito
06-15-2014, 09:46 AM
Motivation-wise I think the Spurs have the edge. How that will translate in game we will know in some hours....

FromWayDowntown
06-15-2014, 09:51 AM
The Finals put away games always seem the hardest and the Spurs have struggled in those games at home -- Game 6 against the Nets felt out of reach for long stretches until the last, late push; in a more similar situation to this one, the Spurs played an extremely complacent Game 6 against Detroit in 2005 and lost; and even in Game 7 in 2005, the Pistons held a late lead until a last spurt. The Spurs haven't fared well in this situation even though they've won 2 of 3 and I doubt there will be any late heroic runs against this Miami team if the Spurs play without their best effort, aggression, and urgency in the early stages of Game 5.

ironman2886
06-15-2014, 10:03 AM
Anyone else feel like this game 5 is a total trap game? I know the spurs can and should win, and they have been playing godlike bball and miami looks beat...but its like damn everyone seems to be planning the parade and talking about next year already like its already over. Miami had few extra days of rest, and its still the freakin miami heat with a prime lebron james...for as much as weve written them off already, i could EASILY see them winning tonite. Spurs still win the series, but tonite just feels like it could be a trap imo.
The Spurs players aren't planning the parade. People need to stop confusing fans' confidence and cockiness as if the Spurs' team think like the fans.

r0drig0lac
06-15-2014, 10:03 AM
if Spurs continue to swing the ball at some point the defense miami stops responding and the game will be a blowout

MarCowMar
06-15-2014, 10:35 AM
Every game we delay putting these Heat down increases the chance of something going wrong. Sprained ankle, flu, food poisoning--whatever.

Send these annoying super friends back to South Beach.

spurraider21
06-15-2014, 10:41 AM
No such thing as a trap game at this stage

MultiTroll
06-15-2014, 10:57 AM
The Finals put away games always seem the hardest and the Spurs have struggled in those games at home -- Game 6 against the Nets felt out of reach for long stretches until the last, late push; in a more similar situation to this one, the Spurs played an extremely complacent Game 6 against Detroit in 2005 and lost; and even in Game 7 in 2005, the Pistons held a late lead until a last spurt. The Spurs haven't fared well in this situation even though they've won 2 of 3 and I doubt there will be any late heroic runs against this Miami team if the Spurs play without their best effort, aggression, and urgency in the early stages of Game 5.
Excerpts from Manus interview:

We know we’re in a very good position, but we have to think we have to take it now, instead of thinking there are more chances. We can’t think about any other chance, because it can be counterproductive.

We haven’t changed the way we play, everybody knows their role on the team and that’s been like that for a while; perhaps it’s Tony now that gives up a bit more of his game, because he’s the one that has the ball more in his hands during the regular season. I don’t necessarily have that problem, I handle the ball in very specific situations. So that’s the way we have to attack. Do we want to be champions or just be a footnote in the newspapers? We want to be champions, so that’s the way we have to attack.

But what happened last year will help us to make sure we have no distractions. < end Manu excerpts.

The way i see it coming down is Spurs will not suffer letdown like previous closeouts.
Real dangers are Parker going Enrique ball hog with Popped giving him sacred cow status and allowing. It's plain as day Parker can go into this mode. No coincidence that Kawhi blows up when Parker no longer does dribble dribble dribble hork.

None other then legit Hall of Famer Bob Horry saying of all the Spurs, Parker was the only one who sought the limelight. :rolleyes
If all, including Parker keep up the team ball i think we roll the Heat.
If the Heat play out of their minds and win, then we can tip our cap to them. But no farking gifts like last year!

Budkin
06-15-2014, 11:04 AM
If the Spurs play the way they did in Miami I feel like they'll close it out tonight.

Manu20
06-15-2014, 11:10 AM
Trap game? Would you rather have the series tied at 2-2? Spurs are in a great position....IMO it ends tonight for the Heat..

The Reckoning
06-15-2014, 11:14 AM
people seem to forget the spurs had rest as well

florige
06-15-2014, 11:18 AM
Not really. This team seems to have a little more of a chip on their shoulder than previous teams. First you have Duncan pretty much guaranteeing a victory before the series even started which is totally out of character of Duncan of all people. And the look Duncan had on his face after that game 2 debacle. I have personally never seen Duncan so pissed off after a loss. I think this team truly believes they are the better team. Not to say teams of the past didn't, but the difference I see in this years team verses teams of the past is they never take the foot off the gas unlike previous teams. I guess you can credit that extra little added motivation on how last year ended. Not taking nothing away from Miami, but we hand wrapped them a championship. I think this team wants to show everyone thats exactly what happened. They close these fools out tonight then there will be no question as to who should had been the champ last year.

spot2180
06-15-2014, 11:26 AM
I am more nervous about this game than the last one. It will be a bit like Game 2, I'm afraid. Lebron will get the ball in the back court so Kawhai can't get up into him like he has been doing. That means Lebron on the ft line and Kawhai in foul trouble. This game will hinge on the Spurs' bench.

Fpoonsie
06-15-2014, 11:31 AM
Game 4 alleviated any concern in my mind that this team might lack focus.

If SA loses tonight, it will simply because they were outplayed/Lebron went God-mode again.

Horry Hipcheck
06-15-2014, 12:06 PM
Lucky for us, we're not the ones preparing for the game and playing tonight.

You think this Spurs team feels comfortable and is getting ready for a parade? After last year? Fuck no. We might lose tonight, but it shouldn't be because of a lack of energy or focus.

This. Fans assume players think like they do. They do not.

Capster
06-15-2014, 12:19 PM

WTF???? Spurs got this! They are a great team and will come out and take Game 5!
:lobt2:http://alamocitytimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/MEME-LeBron-study.png

TampaDude
06-15-2014, 03:56 PM
Yeah...it's a trap all right...for the Heat. It ends tonight.

Darius McCrary
06-15-2014, 03:58 PM
Ugh you just made me throw up all over my keyboard. Thanks for the reminder.

Baam
06-15-2014, 03:59 PM
Should be close tbh, but I expect the Spurs to have a shot to win it at the end. Miami will definitely change their defensive scheme...

therealtruth
06-15-2014, 06:00 PM

This is a different Spurs team. We haven't seen a Spurs team that goes on the road and blows out the defending champs two games in a row. This year in the playoffs they've played some of their best basketball in game 5. I'm hoping for more of the same. They need to put the Heat on their heels from the tip.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-15-2014, 07:03 PM

Good points, but this is a different team. I say that after we weather the initial storm, we crush them tonight, and if we don't it'll be Tuesday.

poop
06-15-2014, 07:16 PM
I was afraid of this.

FromWayDowntown
06-15-2014, 07:16 PM
Not the quality start they needed. This one's gonna be a bitch.

therealtruth
06-15-2014, 07:31 PM
The Heat are basically putting everything into the start. The Spurs just need to just whether the storm and toughen up mentally. They have more than enough to win. The game isn't won in the first quarter.