PDA

View Full Version : Texas Men Sue Pope Ratzinger Over Sex Abuse

Nbadan
08-16-2005, 03:57 PM
Texas Men Sue Pope Benedict Over Sex Abuse Letter
Seminary Student Indicted On Child Sex Abuse Charges
UPDATED: 1:35 pm CDT April 27, 2005

HOUSTON -- Three Houston-area men used a letter written by Pope Benedict XVI while he was a cardinal as the basis for a lawsuit against the Catholic Church.

The men claim that they are victims of the church's sex scandal and that a letter written by then-Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger is proof that he conspired to keep claims of sex abuse secret.

In a Houston federal courtroom, the men's attorneys told Judge Lee Rosenthal Tuesday that the now-pope tried to cover up sex crimes against children in the Catholic Church.

"We believe, actually, that the current pope, when he was head of the congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, actually was actively involved in that conspiracy," plaintiffs' attorney Daniel Shea said.

NBC5 (http://www.nbc5.com/news/4422285/detail.html?rss=chi&psp=nationalnews)

More...

Q Dana, this just came in -- lawyers for the Pope have asked President Bush to grant him immunity as a head of state concerning a church sex abuse lawsuit in Texas in which the Pope is named as a defendant. Reitzinger is named as an individual in the lawsuit, not as a cardinal or Pope, and was successfully served with the lawsuit earlier this year. Is President Bush inclined to grant him the immunity in that?

MS. PERINO: As you know, I've been sitting here. That breaking news just happened, so I'll have to get back to you.

WhiteHouse.gov (http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/08/20050816.html)

Sueing the POPE over child-molestation, what's next? Charging Bill Cosby with molesting women while they are wined up?

Spam
08-16-2005, 04:05 PM
In Texas we believe in justice...so we demand it!!

MaNuMaNiAc
08-16-2005, 11:50 PM
The Pope is just a regular person. Fuck inmunity, if this whole thing is true, he should fucking go down for it!

Trainwreck2100
08-17-2005, 01:47 AM
If these guys wat better media attention they should go to Aruba.

GopherSA
08-18-2005, 10:28 PM
Dan, is there any traditional group you do not hate?

Kiss my Catholic behind, Dan.

Clandestino
08-18-2005, 10:34 PM
dan hates everyone and everything!

whottt
08-18-2005, 10:39 PM
http://www.rnw.nl/informarn/assets/images/hamas.jpg
We're traditional...Dan doesn't hate us!

Dan doesn't realize it...but he's the most extremist right winger on this forum.

Nbadan
08-18-2005, 10:56 PM
Dan doesn't realize it...but he's the most extremist right winger on this forum.

There is some truth to that statement, but not the way Whott's delusional mind portrays it, you see what many people don't realize is that the Neo Cons are just liberals who found it politically expedient to portray themselves as Conservatives, or CINO, Conservatives in name only. Remember when traditional liberals loved interventionism, federalism, and unbridled spending - remind you of anyone?

Jelly
08-18-2005, 11:05 PM
I heard this one guy say he was suing the Catholic Church because he wasn't molested. Says he grew up feeling unwanted, inadequate and unattractive.