PDA

View Full Version : Tired Of High Gas Prices At The Pump? Wait Till You See Your Home Heating Bill

Nbadan
08-16-2005, 07:15 PM
Natural gas prices may see 58 percent leap this winter
PHIL ROONEY , Staff Writer

If you're experiencing sticker shock at the gas pump this summer, just wait for your winter heating bill.

A 58 percent increase in natural gas prices is projected during the November through February winter season, according to a spokesman for MidAmerican Energy. Aquila wasn't projecting prices that far in advance, but spokesman Matt O'Reilly said August costs are about about 12 percent above last year.

Natural gas for the November through February period was trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange last week at $10.34 per mmbtu - the measurement unit used to purchase natural gas - compared to $6.53 last year, according to Matt Reinders, a spokesman for MidAmerican Energy. That's a 58 percent increase.

At the same time, September natural gas was trading at $9.59 per mmbtu, compared to $5.54 at the same time last year, Reinders said. That's a 73 percent increase for the shorter period.

"That's just a snapshot of one day," Reinders said. "It is still where we're at at this moment."

ZWire (http://www.zwire.com/site/printerFriendly.cfm?brd=2703&dept_id=555106&newsid=15042369)

Don't think that electric heater is gonna save ya either because CPS converts expensive gas into electricity.

Clandestino
08-16-2005, 07:19 PM
luckily i love a cold house! i hate heaters... nose gets all dry, eyes itch... if i get cold i'd rather wear more clothes...

spurschick
08-16-2005, 07:20 PM
It's all about the fireplace :spin

cecil collins
08-16-2005, 07:33 PM
I assume because its colder up here, I can't do that. One year when I was extremely poor, and just moved away from my parents, I went a cold winter without using the heater. Our pipes froze, and so did I. I used a toaster to keep my hands from going numb. I hope I never have to do that again.

Clandestino
08-16-2005, 07:35 PM
yeah, in texas, you can do that most every day during the winter.. the very first day i showed up in germany, our place had no heater...well, it was out.. it was snowing outside, cold as fuck...plus i had just come texas... we put on all our clothes and had to turn on the oven... even the dog was shaking!

SWC Bonfire
08-17-2005, 08:18 AM
Maybe this will convince more houses switch from heating oil, and Diesel prices will drop some (they are similar products and production is sometimes switched to make one or the other.)