PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker's interview with NBA TV, post-game..

Malik Hairston
06-16-2014, 02:15 AM
When asked about Leonard winning MVP, he said he followed Duncan's example of unselfishness which allowed TP to take over and win MVP in 2007..he said as the veteran PG, he put his ego aside and encouraged Kawhi to exploit the mismatches..

Credit to TP for playing a great team-oriented series, playing his role perfectly, tbh:toastthe SpursTalk perception of Tony's ego took a hit tonight:lol..

freetiago
06-16-2014, 02:28 AM
Hes still the best quitter in team history tbh and tonights performance was proof

but he played a great all around series and was a very good candidate for FMVP if this game was tossed out
people were looking at his assist totals and thinking he was disappearing but he took exactly what the defense gave him and didnt force anything
drew the double team all series 30 ft away from the basket and made the simple pass which opened up the offense
scored 19 pts on 50% shooting somehow while doing that

apalisoc_9
06-16-2014, 02:31 AM
Tony was legit the whole series...

Props. He's slowly becoming a good leader.

Brazil
06-16-2014, 09:53 AM
:tu

MI21
06-16-2014, 10:10 AM
TP2 all grown up :cry

703 Spurz
06-16-2014, 10:12 AM
Good to hear. There was a thread here that said he was going to do his best to ruin it for everyone else. I'm glad that wasn't reality.

MannyIsGod
06-16-2014, 10:19 AM
When asked about Leonard winning MVP, he said he followed Duncan's example of unselfishness which allowed TP to take over and win MVP in 2007..he said as the veteran PG, he put his ego aside and encouraged Kawhi to exploit the mismatches..

Credit to TP for playing a great team-oriented series, playing his role perfectly, tbh:toastthe SpursTalk perception of Tony's ego took a hit tonight:lol..

I thought Tony was really good tonight. When he couldn't get it going early he deferred to Manu quite heavily because Manu was hot. Then in the 2nd half Tony prevented a Heat run by matching them and scoring something like 10 straight points.

Tony didn't have an amazing series, but he wasn't bad by any stretch. This team man, so good.

it's me
06-16-2014, 10:20 AM
Meh ..... he tried to hero-ball every time he had the opportunity. Spurs still win the ship with COJO as starting PG this year as far as I'm concerned. TP was a non-factor. Congrats for the title and moving out of the way though.

lefty
06-16-2014, 10:21 AM
:lmao like he had the choice
TP is not Alpha, KL came and told him to GTFO :lmao

UZER
06-16-2014, 10:38 AM
I think Tony was just running on fumes this year. I'm just glad he made it to the finish line.

I'm looking for him to come back big next year, with Kawhi as his new sidekick.

ChumpDumper
06-16-2014, 10:52 AM
Meh ..... he tried to hero-ball every time he had the opportunity. Spurs still win the ship with COJO as starting PG this year as far as I'm concerned. TP was a non-factor. Congrats for the title and moving out of the way though.http://www.upload.ee/image/2501318/must-not-facepalm.jpg