PDA

View Full Version : NBA: The 2014 Spurs Are Just A Team That Hit Their Stride...

Buddy Mignon
06-16-2014, 08:35 AM
and that's it. No need in trying to compare them to any great teams of the past because they haven't accomplished anything great. You beat a team you were supposed to beat. You were favored... no surprises here. Not only that... you dont have any great players on your team... not 3, not 2, not 1. So settle down and enjoy this title and stop making asses of yourselves again.:wakeup

ezau
06-16-2014, 08:37 AM
Boiled down:

Duncan>Kobe

Let us proceed

midnightpulp
06-16-2014, 08:37 AM
This team would have Shaq in cardiac arrest by halftime.

Buddy Mignon
06-16-2014, 08:40 AM
Hey... is Kiwi inhaling that cigar? What a tool...lol

Buddy Mignon
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqOmbv0CYAAFKGi.jpg

dg7md
This team is an all-time great one that has a style that would send a lot of great teams into duress. Don't sleep on this team, it's not a fluke that we won how we did — that is the game we play.

ChumpDumper
06-16-2014, 08:44 AM
http://www.extremehealthradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Dangers-of-Excessive-Salt-Intake.jpg

Buddy Mignon
06-16-2014, 08:46 AM
This team is an all-time great one that has a style that would send a lot of great teams into duress. Don't sleep on this team, it's not a fluke that we won how we did — that is the game we play.

Its a good thing I don't have a short memory. This is the exact same team that blessed us with the biggest choke job in sports history last season. Now you claim its a great team. Name one great player on this team, and I will show you role player numbers. Every great team had great players. From my Lakers, to the Bulls, to the Pistons, to the Celtics, to the Sixers. This Spurs team is the best assembled team of losers. And you have to give them credit for finally winning.

midnightpulp
06-16-2014, 08:47 AM
I'm glad Luva is back to normal. We held hands last night as a great foe was defeated, but today is the start of a new NBA season. Lakers vs. Spurs banter shall now resume.

Byron Scott :lol

Buddy Mignon
06-16-2014, 08:49 AM
I'm glad Luva is back to normal. We held hands last night as a great foe was defeated, but today is the start of a new NBA season. Lakers vs. Spurs banter shall now resume.

Byron Scott :lol

What do you mean?

midnightpulp
06-16-2014, 08:50 AM
Its a good thing I don't have a short memory. This is the exact same team that blessed us with the biggest choke job in sports history last season. Now you claim its a great team. Name one great player on this team, and I will show you role player numbers. Every great team had great players. From my Lakers, to the Bulls, to the Pistons, to the Celtics, to the Sixers. This Spurs team is the best assembled team of losers. And you have to give them credit for finally winning.

And the biggest redemption in sports history.

(I still think the '84 Lakers were the biggest choke in NBA history, though. The Spurs choked for 28 seconds, while Magic choked for 3 games).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ1bd2g3p1Y

How was the stomach feeling after that collapse, Luva?

dg7md
06-16-2014, 08:51 AM

It was not the biggest choke job of sports history. :lol How many sports do you watch? Teams often lose leads late into the quarter, it was just made a lot worse because it was in the Finals.

Yes, it was a choke, but it was a myriad of reasons, not one particular player is to blame. Coaching played the biggest factor, with missed freebies being a problem.

One great player? Tim Duncan. The future great player out of this? Kawhi Leonard — this guy will be a huge star in the league going forward, his ceiling is limitless.

Great players do not assemble the greatest teams, there is no doubt that this team could give fits to the greatest teams listed in history. I'm not saying they are the best team of all time, nor are they in the top 5 — but this team has to be carefully considered one of the best championship teams out of the last few decades. They're so unique, dynamic, electric — that is because it's assembled that every player could take over a game and not just rely on the same few names... Which recent title-winning teams have so many options on offense?

ezau
06-16-2014, 08:53 AM

Duncan:

5 rings
3 FMVPS
2 MVPS

Kobe:

5 Rings
2 FMVPs
1 MVP

Boiled down:

Duncan>Kobe

Let us proceed

Buddy Mignon
06-16-2014, 08:54 AM
And the biggest redemption in sports history.

(I still think the '84 Lakers were the biggest choke in NBA history, though. The Spurs choked for 28 seconds, while Magic choked for 3 games).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ1bd2g3p1Y

How was the stomach feeling after that collapse, Luva?

Luva was young back then... I cried.

Buddy Mignon
06-16-2014, 08:55 AM
Duncan:

5 rings
3 FMVPS
2 MVPS

Kobe:

5 Rings
2 FMVPs
1 MVP
4 AS MVP's
2 Gold Medals
1 High School State Title

Boiled down:

Duncan<Kobe

Let us proceed

midnightpulp
06-16-2014, 08:56 AM
What do you mean?

Byron Scott is the favorite to coach you next year.

Buddy Mignon
06-16-2014, 08:58 AM
Byron Scott is the favorite to coach you next year.

:lmao

100%duncan
06-16-2014, 09:00 AM
:lmao Naruto :lmao

Ginobili3
06-16-2014, 09:23 AM
:lmao Naruto :lmao
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFeljiX1DcGe6l8Kmdl4pD4RKT_QpRG TUAzSosfigFx6sHm6-OHA

ezau
06-16-2014, 09:23 AM
It's no shame that Kobe is ranked lower than Duncan at this point. Duncan has more FMVPs, MVPs, playoff double-doubles, and playoffs minutes. Duncan is a Top-5 all time playing for one of the greatest dynasties in recent memory. No shame losing against a superior player if I were Kobe.

ohmwrecker
06-16-2014, 09:56 AM
You would think that Luva would be immune to the salt at this point, considering the amount of balls he's had in his mouth.

BanditHiro
06-16-2014, 10:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy46iOwWQiE

Spurs going for the back to back tbh

RsxPiimp
06-16-2014, 10:21 AM

Shaq-Kobe 3 peat team would run a train on this spurs ass I feel.

spurraider21
06-16-2014, 11:53 AM
and that's it. No need in trying to compare them to any great teams of the past because they haven't accomplished anything great. You beat a team you were supposed to beat. You were favored... no surprises here. Not only that... you dont have any great players on your team... not 3, not 2, not 1. So settle down and enjoy this title and stop making asses of yourselves again.:wakeup
of course a great team will be favored against everybody. nothing surprising about that

Arnold Toht
06-16-2014, 11:55 AM

That was their last chance at a title in their 3 year window, and they capitalized on it. I mean, the next Spurs championship will be won in Seattle.

Clipper Nation
06-16-2014, 11:55 AM
Shaq-Kobe 3 peat team would run a train on this spurs ass I feel.
Nah, the Shaq/Horry Lakers wouldn't stand a chance :lol

Koolaid_Man
06-16-2014, 12:10 PM
Hey... is Kiwi inhaling that cigar? What a tool...lol

:lmao:lmao:lmao

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Dude ain't smoked a cigar in his life....looks like a retarded kid in training :lmao

RsxPiimp
06-16-2014, 12:56 PM
Nah, the Shaq/Horry Lakers wouldn't stand a chance :lol

:lmao

SpursDynasty
06-16-2014, 01:12 PM
What exactly is the end goal in all of professional sports? A championship. Stats don't matter once you get there, get over it, the trophy belongs to the Spurs.

This is the greatest team in NBA history. The same team that dethroned the threepeat Lakers in 2003 and now have dethroned the back to back four consecutive Finals Heat and even knocked off the reigning MVP Durant's Thunder along the way. No team has done anything like this before. Pop, Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili have ruled two different eras.

Cry Havoc
06-16-2014, 01:34 PM
This team would have Shaq in cardiac arrest by halftime.

I think the 96 Bulls would probably still take us. However, we'd be by FAR the best team they've ever played against. 7 hard fought games.

LeBron and Wade got completely smashed, what would we do to the eternally inferior combination of Malone/Stockton? That series would have been a sweep and we could have won a couple of games by 40.