PDA

View Full Version : KD butthurt about Kawhi and Spurs

webshad
06-16-2014, 12:36 PM
This guy really wants to play for the spurs system.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2098643-kevin-durant-believes-kawhi-leonard-is-product-of-spurs-system

Apparently Kevin Durant isn't all that impressed with Kawhi Leonard. Tweets have since been deleted.

webshad
06-16-2014, 12:37 PM
He is even lucky to get an MVP, LBJ was the real MVP this year.

Darkwaters
06-16-2014, 12:38 PM
He is even lucky to get an MVP, LBJ was the real MVP this year.

I'm going to go with Dwyane Wade. He was fabulous for the Spurs.

BTW, whats with the retarded spelling of his first name?

Mugen
06-16-2014, 12:40 PM
:lol that Pizza faced beta is just mad cuz Whi Whi won "Da Real MVP" this season tbh

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-16-2014, 12:41 PM
Somebody has their panty in a twist.

GoSpurs99
06-16-2014, 12:41 PM
I wonder what KD thinks of Jordan, Pippen, Koby, Shaq and Dwyane in the triangle system?

spursparker9
06-16-2014, 12:42 PM
Well, he can ask Scott Brook to start a system as well.

SupremeGuy
06-16-2014, 12:44 PM
Kawhi is going to tear him up next year, tbh. Kawhi isn't the type of person you should give extra motivation to, he looks like he'll take that shit personally and remind you of it every time he plays you.

SouthernFried
06-16-2014, 12:46 PM
I like Durant. One of the best pure shooters around. Has the same release as Dirk. Good guy.

Having said that, he's too soft for Kawhi...who will own him next time around.

buttsR4rebounding
06-16-2014, 12:47 PM

One of the most overrated coaches in the league IMO. Between him and Westbrook I just don't see it happening for OKC.

webshad
06-16-2014, 12:47 PM
Kawhi is going to tear him up next year, tbh. Kawhi isn't the type of person you should give extra motivation to, he looks like he'll take that shit personally and remind you of it every time he plays you.

I doubt the Spurs will be motivated next year. They don't seem like a bunch of greedy guys.

Spur|n|Austin
06-16-2014, 12:48 PM
:lol

Horse
06-16-2014, 12:51 PM
Biggest pussy "superstar" since dirk

G-Dawgg
06-16-2014, 01:11 PM
Lost a bit of respect for Durant. If he was truly the classy guy people think he is, he would have been more congratulatory towards Kawhi as many NBA players were towards him and the Spurs via twitter. However by making that comment he comes off as phony and a sore loser.

DocDoc
06-16-2014, 01:11 PM

I think that is the source of the pain.

r-nice
06-16-2014, 01:14 PM
I think that is the source of the pain.

Yep, he wishes they had a system.

Chinook
06-16-2014, 01:18 PM
I like Durant's comments a little more after sleeping on them. He knows Kawhi is now officially his rival. The KD/LBJ debate is over. It's going to be fun watching these two go at it for another decade.

will_spurs
06-16-2014, 01:23 PM
Durant is a MVP with no achievements. Only thing OKC did this year was reach the WCF. He's just butthurt that his team sucks so bad.

And I'd agree with Chinook: despite Durant getting the MVP this season, it's quite clear that Lebron is a VASTLY superior player. They don't really belong in the same conversation. Durant is now looking in the rearview mirror to see who's hot on his trail.

TheGoldStandard
06-16-2014, 01:23 PM
Forever a #2

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-16-2014, 01:32 PM
I could see someone make the reverse argument, that if you stuck Leonard on a dysfunctional mess like the Pacers you would still end up with a dysfunctional mess. But Pop saw enough to carve out a pretty big role in that system and challenged him to fill it. I'm sure that somewhere within all the hoopla some one has lauded him properly for filling it just right. It takes amazing maturity to step up the way he did, but even more so to step up without overstepping in the process. His foul trouble in the first two games would be the only sign I ever saw of him pushing too hard at any time this postseason.

Phenomanul
06-16-2014, 01:38 PM
What exactly did he tweet?

Arcadian
06-16-2014, 01:40 PM
:lmao There is sooooo much butthurt about the Spurs right now... One need only to peer into the NBA forum to see this.

Pako
06-16-2014, 01:41 PM
Agreed..

I like Durant. One of the best pure shooters around. Has the same release as Dirk. Good guy.

Having said that, he's too soft for Kawhi...who will own him next time around.

G-Dawgg
06-16-2014, 01:41 PM
Better argument... you put Popovich on the Pacers and they win the NBA championship.

Mikeanaro
06-16-2014, 01:44 PM
Lol, and Pizza Time is just an NBA product, just a great shooter who needs to flop and look to the refs everytime something goes wrong.
BTW he fell like a bitch in front of Kawhi, broke his own ankles in clutch time dude you will never win the real thing... fake MVP.
He believes the NBA owes to him what a spoiled brat, I remember Lebum doing the same childish moves when he was in cleveland.

BillMc
06-16-2014, 01:49 PM
KD can't have it both ways. Either Leonard's pretty good or, if it were the "system", then I'd suggest his team gets one. Oh, wait Scotty Brooks has no system and if he did Westbrook wouldn't follow it anyway.

webshad
06-16-2014, 01:51 PM
KD can't have it both ways. Either Leonard's pretty good or, if it were the "system", then I'd suggest his team gets one. Oh, wait Scotty Brooks has no system and if he did Westbrook wouldn't follow it anyway.

Yup.

Strategic
06-16-2014, 02:09 PM
There's no "I" in basketball, only an "all"! I'll take organized basketball over street ball every day.

FromWayDowntown
06-16-2014, 02:27 PM
Had Kawhi never been put into a system and allowed to develop in a structured situation that allowed him to gain big game experience while still fairly raw as a player, the likelihood that he'd be what he is after 3 years with the Spurs is pretty small. He's obviously an incredible worker and has grown each year as a player (which has allowed him to comfortably increase his role in the Spurs' system over time), so I think his improvement from Draft Day 2011 to the end of the 2014 season would have been significant no matter where he went. But the perfect circumstance of ending up with the Spurs and having time to grow without the pressure of being much more than the third or fourth most important guy has been helpful to not skipping steps. That window of development has, ironically, also allowed the Spurs to fine-tune the system to fit things that Kawhi does well.

If you trade Paul George and Kawhi, I don't think there's any doubt that George would be the better player (he's arguably a better player at this moment anyway) but Kawhi's on his way and clearly has a great chance to be a star player in the league.

If that makes him the product of the system, I guess that's a compliment.

Skull-1
06-16-2014, 02:29 PM
There's no "I" in basketball, only an "all"! I'll take organized basketball over street ball every day.

Amen.

Durant has been Westchimped. What a prick.

baseline bum
06-16-2014, 02:38 PM
What exactly did he tweet?

Durbeta deleted it, but here was his tweet right after Kawhi was named Finals MVP

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqQOXnoIYAA2xG5.jpg

Oh, Gee!!
06-16-2014, 02:38 PM
no system=no rings. OKC should try it one day.

Malik Hairston
06-16-2014, 02:40 PM
Durant may be accurate in what he's saying, up for debate, but actually tweeting that is embarrassing and soft as fuck, tbh..

Pizzaface pussy..

baseline bum
06-16-2014, 02:46 PM
Durant may be accurate in what he's saying, up for debate, but actually tweeting that is embarrassing and soft as fuck, tbh..

Pizzaface pussy..

I don't like the tweet though, as it reads like a shot at Brooks and I want that guy there long-term.

G-Dawgg
06-16-2014, 02:54 PM
I think Kawhi is a better defender than Paul George even though his steals stats are less. He's a better team and man to man defender in my opinion. Also, he a much better rebounder. His offense is behing Paul George right now for the simple fact that he's not a main option. Kawhi will be at least as good as Paul George next year...

Phenomanul
06-16-2014, 02:55 PM
Durbeta deleted it, but here was his tweet right after Kawhi was named Finals MVP

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqQOXnoIYAA2xG5.jpg

Thanks... :wow

siraulo23
06-16-2014, 02:56 PM
Had Kawhi never been put into a system and allowed to develop in a structured situation that allowed him to gain big game experience while still fairly raw as a player, the likelihood that he'd be what he is after 3 years with the Spurs is pretty small. He's obviously an incredible worker and has grown each year as a player (which has allowed him to comfortably increase his role in the Spurs' system over time), so I think his improvement from Draft Day 2011 to the end of the 2014 season would have been significant no matter where he went. But the perfect circumstance of ending up with the Spurs and having time to grow without the pressure of being much more than the third or fourth most important guy has been helpful to not skipping steps. That window of development has, ironically, also allowed the Spurs to fine-tune the system to fit things that Kawhi does well.

If you trade Paul George and Kawhi, I don't think there's any doubt that George would be the better player (he's arguably a better player at this moment anyway) but Kawhi's on his way and clearly has a great chance to be a star player in the league.

If that makes him the product of the system, I guess that's a compliment.

I thought it was impossible but pop changed the offense so much from last season to this year, where everyone thrived including kawhi

remember when people were questioning pop that SFs in his system will always take a backseat role and wait in the corner, well he finally did it

and props to parker for allowing to happen as well, im sure it was tough to swallow but he learned from the best about sacrifice (td)

BillMc
06-16-2014, 02:57 PM
I don't like the tweet though, as it reads like a shot at Brooks and I want that guy there long-term.

Yep, the longer OKC keeps Brooks the better for SA. I'm terrified of them finding a real coach.

BillMc
06-16-2014, 02:58 PM
Was it the "system" that stripped Westbrook at the end of Game 6 against the Spurs?

cd98
06-16-2014, 03:01 PM
Surprised to see Durrant talk that way about Leonard. There is nothing about "system" in the way Leonard defended Durrant or Lebron one-on-one. As far as scoring, the system is designed to get open jumpers, but you still have to make them. Leonard scored in a system. Well so does Durrant. He has a system designed to get him tons of shots when he can get the ball away from Westbrook.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-16-2014, 03:04 PM
As an Oregon football fan, I've always heard this crap. Oregon wins big, "it's the system, Mariota isn't good, they're a gimmick." Some people, like Durant, suffer from a major inferiority complex when others have success, so the "system" is the scapegoat to make those with success seem not so good. Kawhi is that good, but haters will refuse to accept that.

Whisky Dog
06-16-2014, 03:05 PM
Put Paul George on the Spurs and what would happen?

Well, that depends on if George is willing to sacrifice shots, touches, and minutes for the good of the team. If he's willing to do the dirty work, play defense against the elite SFs and guards night in and out, and find his niche without plays ever being called for him on offense then he might be successful with the Spurs.

If he isn't willing to do those things and make those sacrifices he wouldn't work out. Kawhi is a special kind of young individual who is willing to do those things and he's become a special player on the court because of it.

smaka
06-16-2014, 03:36 PM
Forever beta :cry

2centsworth
06-16-2014, 03:43 PM

Beyond a shadow of a doubt? Kawhi's wingspan makes him physically more gifted. Love Paul George, but I'll take 2nd-team all-nba defensive team, elite rebounding and a growing offensive game. In Paul George's dreams.

Biernutz
06-16-2014, 05:45 PM
I don't get it...These tweeters post something like a drunk sending e-mails to their boss. Then they have a
"o" shit moment and think if I just delete it it will go away.......and I always love it when it is out there forever
and there is no do overs. Maybe this is the real Kevin coming out .........Like a jealous bitch ex....

BatManu20
06-16-2014, 05:54 PM
Just salty is all.

xtremesteven33
06-16-2014, 05:56 PM
If Durant and Leonard were to switch teams right now who would be the better team. Spurs or Thunder?

UZER
06-16-2014, 06:08 PM
Pop said he never even called a play for Kawhi this year. He told him to go make his own plays.

Durant just sounds like a whiny bitch.

Skull-1
06-16-2014, 06:10 PM
Was it the "system" that stripped Westbrook at the end of Game 6 against the Spurs?

Jenks
06-16-2014, 06:23 PM
OKC has a pretty good system too

http://media.winnipegfreepress.com/images/TNMH106-424_2014_192400_high.jpg

So you want me to just run out of control towards the basket, and you'll blow the whistle?

Biernutz
06-16-2014, 06:36 PM
If Durant and Leonard were to switch teams right now who would be the better team. Spurs or Thunder?

Who asked to chose between the two?

thiste
06-16-2014, 06:48 PM
The problem is, even if Kawhi has a breakthrough season next year (which I absolutely think he will), he'll never get much more than 20 points per game in this system. So KD will continue to think that Kawhi is a lesser player when he might actually be seriously closing in.

therealtruth
06-16-2014, 06:50 PM
System basketball always wins over isolations. I don't see how the Thunder don't get that. Their role players would be much better in a system.

Snaq O'Meal
06-16-2014, 06:55 PM
Fuck Durant. Plays like the following are not part of any "system":

http://giant.gfycat.com/CorruptClassicCommongonolek.gif

skulls138
06-16-2014, 07:12 PM
What a dummy. Hes doing so much damage with one little tweet. Right there hes showing that he values individual over team. And now the Spurs have motivation for next year and we havent even had the parade yet.

Skull-1
06-16-2014, 07:18 PM
Fuck Durant. Plays like the following are not part of any "system":

http://giant.gfycat.com/CorruptClassicCommongonolek.gif

Posterized Durant and Ibaka on the same play! Lmao!

Strategic
06-16-2014, 07:36 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSs0isN4hlbNHQVXSjaeMkwS2cYnYD3f FHBed_ARqchO7dyDD7zDQ Mister Unknowledgeable?

james evans
06-16-2014, 07:38 PM
this is the guy the nba wants us to believe is classy. fuk kevin durant. flopping mutha fuka

KL2
06-16-2014, 07:41 PM
KD will always be a beta bitch, the guy doesn't play defense, it was obvious when their defensive MVP was injured, SA's offensive rating of 120 without MVbaka on the floor :lmao

Durant has peaked, he's a manufactured superstar and will only go as far as the refs take his team. Leonard is still developing, he hasn't come close to peaking.

Pop doesn't even call plays for him, everything Leonard is getting out there is the result of his hard work.

100%duncan
06-16-2014, 07:49 PM
Your system is getting to the freethrow line and shooting it. Replace Kawhi in your spot, OKC's basically the same team right? :lol

jARS mEsH sEt
06-16-2014, 07:59 PM
OKC has a pretty good system too

http://media.winnipegfreepress.com/images/TNMH106-424_2014_192400_high.jpg

So you want me to just run out of control towards the basket, and you'll blow the whistle?

:lmao

jARS mEsH sEt
06-16-2014, 08:00 PM
KD will always be a beta bitch, the guy doesn't play defense, it was obvious when their defensive MVP was injured, SA's offensive rating of 120 without MVbaka on the floor :lmao

Durant has peaked, he's a manufactured superstar and will only go as far as the refs take his team. Leonard is still developing, he hasn't come close to peaking.

Pop doesn't even call plays for him, everything Leonard is getting out there is the result of his hard work.

I like making fun of Durbeta as much as the next guy but he's only a manufactured hyperstar in that the refs elevate him to the level of Lebron. He's a legitimate superstar. There are only 2 hyperstars in the league, Lebron and Durant, and Durant needs ref help to get to that level.

myhc
06-16-2014, 08:26 PM
That's disappointing. Lost respect for KD. He's one of the few guys who was tolerable on that team. Fuck him.

TheGreatYacht
06-16-2014, 09:09 PM
Fuck this bitch. Fuck his acne infested forehead. Fuck his cornball hair. Fuck his fat, swollen elbowed mom. Fuck Paul George. Fuck Paul George's gay catfish. Fuck Paul George's vacuum nose. KAWHI THE REAL MVP LEONARD

cd021
06-16-2014, 09:18 PM
Work with couple of Heat and Laker fans both mention the system like its an enchanted forest. Duncan's great, Parker is great and Ginobili's greatness doesn't warrant an asterisk because NBATV boils down the Spurs to "the system"

KL outplayed everyone save for LBJ in games 3,4, & 5.

Durant can continue to rack up the regular season awards. Finals MVP means you were the best on the biggest stage.

cd021
06-16-2014, 09:20 PM
KL going hard at this clown next year.

TampaDude
06-16-2014, 09:27 PM
Wow...and I actually liked KD...he's from DC and all, too. If those tweets are real, I just lost a lot of respect for him. :nope

PublicOption
06-16-2014, 09:35 PM
Pretty good for a guy who is in a system. Just think if Pop allowed him to be a ball hog. He would avg 30 a night and probably have just as many rings as KD. 0.

look_at_g_shred
06-16-2014, 09:51 PM
Boiled down
Leonard 1
Salty nigga 0

skulls138
06-16-2014, 09:53 PM

Pop doesn't even call plays for him, everything Leonard is getting out there is the result of his hard work.One thing Kawhi showed that I dont see with Durant or Lebron for that matter is that he was putting his head down and driving to the basket, hes not waiting til theres a nice clean open lane, hes just going for it with passion and determination. Kind of reminds me of Ginobili tbh.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
06-16-2014, 10:00 PM
You can tell Durant is salty. Probably has something to do with the cumstains Kawhi left all over his hipster glasses.

AaronY
06-17-2014, 02:53 AM
Durant is a MVP with no achievements.

rofl. that comment annoyed me too, but Jesus buddy

will_spurs
06-17-2014, 03:19 AM
rofl. that comment annoyed me too, but Jesus buddy

True, I should have said with no rings.

Only time he made it to the big stage, he got punked in 5 games by the player he's trying to measure up to.

DJR210
06-17-2014, 03:40 AM
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m174/12gs210/crying_zps65539167.jpg

:cry :cry :cry

AusEM
06-17-2014, 04:14 AM
Put Paul George on the Spurs and what would happen?

Well, that depends on if George is willing to sacrifice shots, touches, and minutes for the good of the team. If he's willing to do the dirty work, play defense against the elite SFs and guards night in and out, and find his niche without plays ever being called for him on offense then he might be successful with the Spurs.

If he isn't willing to do those things and make those sacrifices he wouldn't work out. Kawhi is a special kind of young individual who is willing to do those things and he's become a special player on the court because of it.

I followed the Pacers these playoffs and saw three things:
1) Paul George was the first player to abandon the system. Maybe Indy's system was crap, but as soon as they went down George started playing hero and stopped trusting his teammates.
2) He does not have the capability to impose his will. He can score a lot if his shot is falling, but he is not a leader. Maybe because he is young.
3) The announcers kept praising every little thing he did, and blamed all of Indiana's problems on the other players.

If there is any doubt about Kawhi being better than George simply remember that George became "great" because he played well against LeBron in the ECF last year. Kawhi has done that twice in the NBA finals, and won (could have even won both). Also, in the regular season game in SA this year Kawhi owned LBJ.

Arc
06-17-2014, 04:23 AM
not sure if posted, but fuck kd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtE3_voC3qU

Capt Bringdown
06-17-2014, 08:11 AM
KD:
"I don't always show my sore feelings, but when I do, I use twitter to make envious, passive-aggressive criticisms of players who have achieved more than me."
Stay butthurt, my friends."

tholdren
06-17-2014, 09:35 AM
Biggest pussy "superstar" since dirk
no, lebron came after dirk...

its the jersey, its cleveland, its the ac, its the sleeve, its cramps, its boston,

ray saved his ass. people need to get over the fact that he's a freak of an athlete but the biggest softest bitch in the league.

BillMc
06-17-2014, 09:37 AM
Somebody should do a "Kawhi Leonard, you're the real MVP" caption from a Durant's MVP speech.

TampaDude
06-17-2014, 09:38 AM
no, lebron came after dirk...

its the jersey, its cleveland, its the ac, its the sleeve, its cramps, its boston,

ray saved his ass. people need to get over the fact that he's a freak of an athlete but the biggest softest bitch in the league.

So, what you're saying is, Ray Ray misses that corner 3 in Game 6 and Kang is 1-4 in the big show? Isdatwhatchoosayin?

100%duncan
06-17-2014, 09:39 AM
Dirk led his team to a 'ship, shitting on the whole NBA. Durant, durant hhmmmm he slipped.

Arc
06-17-2014, 09:40 AM
http://i.imgur.com/FrCbuEo.jpg

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-17-2014, 09:43 AM
Wow...and I actually liked KD...he's from DC and all, too. If those tweets are real, I just lost a lot of respect for him. :nope

Same here. Its hard watching from the sideline seeing a team that eliminate you win a championship and the player on the other side of the ball winning the MVP trophy.

KD is probably piss b/c the Spurs have Pop and OKC has Brooks and his let Westbrook run wild offense.

TampaDude
06-17-2014, 09:47 AM
Dirk led his team to a 'ship, shitting on the whole NBA. Durant, durant hhmmmm he slipped.

Heh...yeah, what Dirk and the Mavs did to the Lakers in 2011 was so beautiful to watch...what a beatdown!

I kind of felt like the Spurs were on a mission like the Mavs were that year. I was wondering what could possibly stop us from winning it all. Apparently, nothing could. :hat :lobt2:

tholdren
06-17-2014, 09:54 AM
So, what you're saying is, Ray Ray misses that corner 3 in Game 6 and Kang is 1-4 in the big show? Isdatwhatchoosayin?

That, and lebrons a bitch and his crack whore mom slept with possibly the ugliest human on the planet; delonte west,

spurspokesman
06-17-2014, 09:55 AM

For obvious reasons lol

gameFACE
06-17-2014, 10:00 AM
Spurs got over the mental OKC hump from 2012 playoffs and from this season's 0-4 series. I can't wait to see the Spurs slap them around next season. And it WILL happen. Acne's lack of defense, Westbrook chucking and Ibaka getting his mug slam dunked on. Oh yeah!

TampaDude
06-17-2014, 10:05 AM
That, and lebrons a bitch and his crack whore mom slept with possibly the ugliest human on the planet; delonte west,

SupremeGuy
06-17-2014, 10:13 AM
Boiled down
Leonard 1
Salty nigga 0

KD:
"I don't always show my sore feelings, but when I do, I use twitter to make envious, passive-aggressive criticisms of players who have achieved more than me."
Stay butthurt, my friends."

http://i.imgur.com/FrCbuEo.jpg

webshad
06-17-2014, 10:22 AM
lol

Prime Time
06-17-2014, 10:31 AM
Kawhi Leonard earned a ring and Finals MVP over Kevin Durant.

Holy shit, is this real life?

Prime Time
06-17-2014, 10:33 AM
But yeah, Durant is a bitch for tweeting that. Now I officially despise every player on OKC's roster. Kawhi has a ring, Durant has a framily plan. No need to whine about it.

100%duncan
06-17-2014, 10:33 AM
But yeah, Durant is a bitch for tweeting that. Now I officially despise every player on OKC's roster. Kawhi has a ring, Durant has a framily plan. No need to whine about it.

Durant has acne

UZER
06-17-2014, 11:55 AM
Durant likes toytles

BatManu20
06-18-2014, 11:10 AM
KD Apologizes (not really)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2098643-kevin-durant-believes-kawhi-leonard-is-product-of-spurs-system?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national2

FkLA
06-18-2014, 11:18 AM
The dude doesnt get it. Regardless of whether he has a point about Pop/the system or not, the fact that he would feel the need to praise it by discrediting Kawhi is weak.

Kidd K
06-18-2014, 11:25 AM
Hard to like Durant after those comments. He's essentially acting elitist because he plays in the dribble n' chuck "system", while Kawhi is operating on a team that actually has. . .gasp. . . a plan to play basketball.

Durant would be noticeably worse if he didn't get that ref help. His teammate would be borderline Brandon Jennings chucker status without it.

Should not be running his mouth. Kawhi is going to go the extra mile to lock his ass down next year after those salty ass comments.

Edit: Just read his so-called "apology". Sounds like even more of a douchebag now. Westbrook has rubbed off way too much.

TheGreatYacht
06-18-2014, 11:29 AM
I can't believe people on here actually had respect for Durant in the first place

He's single handily destroyed "defense" because of his his bitch made flopping antics, and flailing his arms to draw fouls

Durant - free throws = inefficient Tayshaun Prince

Atari Tim
06-18-2014, 11:32 AM
The Future 1
The Acne 0