PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Woj on Dan Patrick show discussing LeBron's future

NBA Playoffs
06-16-2014, 01:35 PM
DP: I was told, if someone was leaving it would be Bosh in a SnT. Do they recruit or abandon ship?

Tough question. Biggest problem for LeBron is where does he go? Where is the ready made team that he leaves Miami for? I know many will say Cleveland. Cleveland is about going home, not about winning titles. He doesn't want to lose 2-3 years waiting on a young group in Cleveland. I still think they all sign back up. Most logical is to opt in this year because next summer you have more options: New York, he can wait to see what Wade looks like. That's the most logical thing. They may opt out and get their deals. Riley will not help anyone with a sign and trade, especially LeBron. He'll have to take salary cap space. One team to watch is Houston. Houston is going after Carmelo. They can create space. Will it appeal to LeBron to go play with Howard and Harden? I don't know that it would but Houston will try to be in the mix. ... His preference would be to stay in Miami but he knows he can't do it alone. In the end, I think he trusts Riley and Spoelstra will help him figure out a way and he'll trust the track record in Miami and I do think he re-ups there.

Thread
06-16-2014, 01:52 PM
I hope he chooses unwisely like in "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade."

tee, hee.

King Emmanuel
06-16-2014, 01:53 PM
I hope he chooses unwisely like in "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade."

tee, hee.

lebrons ur only hope if you dont want us to repeat

Thread
06-16-2014, 01:57 PM
lebrons ur only hope if you dont want us to repeat

No. My only hope is that Pop is reckless and fails to see the sparkling & clear path before him. That happened last June. It won't happen again.

DMC
06-16-2014, 02:00 PM
No. My only hope is that Pop is reckless and fails to see the sparkling & clear path before him. That happened last June. It won't happen again.

Are the Spurs moving up on your 2nd favorite team list or is your hatred for their longevity (jealousy considering your condition) enough to drive a wedge between your senses and reality?

ducks
06-16-2014, 02:27 PM
bobcats
he could get all the credit getting them on the map
Houston he would be like running to harden and howard

lefty
06-16-2014, 02:37 PM
lol Lebron will not leave Miami for shitholes

Sportcamper
06-16-2014, 02:37 PM
LeBron will opt out & join the Lakers…It is the only decision that makes sense…
#6 to LA :toast

Malik Hairston
06-16-2014, 02:41 PM
Lebron isn't leaving Miami, tbh..

spurraider21
06-16-2014, 02:46 PM
he doesn't really have anywhere better to go... he just has to hope miami doesnt give Wade a contract that pays him like a star

NBA Playoffs
06-16-2014, 02:47 PM
Lebron isn't leaving Miami, tbh..

Maybe not this year, but if Wade and Bosh both opt in and cap fuck the Heat, he will leave next year.

NBA Playoffs
06-16-2014, 02:48 PM
he doesn't really have anywhere better to go... he just has to hope miami doesnt give Wade a contract that pays him like a star

They already did, Wade is owed 41 million more.

spurraider21
06-16-2014, 02:50 PM
They already did, Wade is owed 41 million more.
true. i didn't realize they had 2 player options

Chinook
06-16-2014, 03:02 PM
true. i didn't realize they had 2 player options

Theirs are the final three that contain both ETOs and POs, I believe.

Everyone should opt in this year and see what happens. Under no circumstances should the Heat want Wade to sign on for a $65M/4 deal, so even though he's not worth his money, it's best for the long-term future of the club to let him play out his contract or trade him. Bosh can get a near-max deal ($15-17M/year) in either 2014 or 2015, so he should opt in and get his cash this year first. James, as you said, has no where to go this year, but he would have some options next year. It would be foolish to reup with Miami long term if Wade also does so.

Clipper Nation
06-16-2014, 03:02 PM
"The Los Angeles Clippers? Well, a source said James and his wife, Savannah, love Los Angeles. LeBron James also is close with Clippers point guard Chris Paul and he admires coach Doc Rivers."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/despite-disappointing-finals-loss--heat-may-remain-lebron-s-best-option-next-year-071421653.html

:downspin:

Chinook
06-16-2014, 03:03 PM
"The Los Angeles Clippers? Well, a source said James and his wife, Savannah, love Los Angeles. LeBron James also is close with Clippers point guard Chris Paul and he admires coach Doc Rivers."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/despite-disappointing-finals-loss--heat-may-remain-lebron-s-best-option-next-year-071421653.html

:downspin:

Yeah, but too bad Paul is taking up $21.4 Million a year to choke away games left and right.

NBA Playoffs
06-16-2014, 03:04 PM
Marc Spears is no Wojo

Seventyniner
06-16-2014, 03:06 PM
Yeah, but too bad Paul is taking up $21.4 Million a year to choke away games left and right.

That and the Clips are capped out, so if Riley won't ever do a sign-and-trade with LeBron, it can't happen.

I can't imagine one of LeBron or Paul playing mostly off the ball either.

Chinook
06-16-2014, 03:11 PM
That and the Clips are capped out, so if Riley won't ever do a sign-and-trade with LeBron, it can't happen.

Riley better not be an asshole about that after Lebron carried him to two more rings. Then again, Riley doesn't know how to build a team without multiple top-20 players, so I guess he knows there's no way the Heat could even make the playoffs if James leaves, no matter what they got back in a S&T.

Yeah, the Heat need a point-guard, but they need one who can run the second unit, not one to get the ball out of James' hands. I don't see Paul and James as being able to coexist.

spurraider21
06-16-2014, 03:17 PM
Clips have no substantial room until offseason of 2016 at the earliest

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-16-2014, 03:17 PM
lol Lebron will not leave Miami for shitholes

You never know. Kobe was willing to go to Colorado for one.

NBA Playoffs
06-16-2014, 03:21 PM
You never know. Kobe was willing to go to Colorado for one.

:lmao

Thread
06-16-2014, 03:26 PM
Are the Spurs moving up on your 2nd favorite team list or is your hatred for their longevity (jealousy considering your condition) enough to drive a wedge between your senses and reality?

I've never dispensed my acumen according to my hatreds. It's my religion.

You're there, right there on the cusp of something not seen since the Celtics & Yankees in the last century. You have a system--a near fool proof system. Couple that with an alarming lack of talent in the NBA and if handled correctly could be something else again.

Clipper Nation
06-16-2014, 03:36 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Mc3Z1r6.jpgPERIOD

Choke Paul is already a pussy who's afraid to be aggressive or shoot at all most nights as it is, so he'd probably love to take a back seat, tbh....

spurraider21
06-16-2014, 03:53 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Mc3Z1r6.jpgPERIOD
care to elaborate on how this comes to fruition? sign and trade? what pieces involved? which offseason are we referring to?

UZER
06-16-2014, 03:56 PM
Man we gotta go through this shit again.

Clipper Nation
06-16-2014, 03:58 PM
care to elaborate on how this comes to fruition? sign and trade? what pieces involved? which offseason are we referring to?

Stop Philo-ing and deal with it, Taylor :downspin:

spurraider21
06-16-2014, 03:59 PM
that's what i thought. just driveling nonsense.