PDA

View Full Version : crazy census lady

cantthinkofanything
06-16-2014, 01:39 PM
some car was parked outside of our gate yesterday when we were leaving to go somewhere. she was about to crawl through the gate before I opened it with the remote. she then quickly walked up to my window (her car was parked right in the middle of the driveway on the outside). she handed me an envelope saying I received the same in the mail and was supposed to respond to it. it was some kind of employment census. I told her I was in a hurry and couldn't talk now. she got offended and said she had authority to collect this information blah blah blah. Now my dog in the back seat is going nuts growling and barking at her. she finally backs away and give me a card and tells me to call her the next day.

but what the fuck was she doing trying to crawl through the gate of my property? I'm wondering if I would have gotten in trouble if the dogs would have gotten to her?

Avante
06-16-2014, 02:18 PM
Fuck that boring shit, lets talk some track.

Trayvon Bromell is just a freshman at Baylor and is histories only sub10.00 100m teenager. If the kid keeps his head on straight (appears to be a...thank you God...type) he could leave Baylor as the greatest NCAA 100m man ever.

Blake
06-16-2014, 04:38 PM
Seems to me she's trespassing if she crawls through your closed gate.

I had a census dude come to my house a couple of years ago. Apologetically aggressive. I almost wanted to keep avoiding him just to see how far he'd go.

CosmicCowboy
06-16-2014, 05:20 PM
She is probably robbing your house right now.

The 10 year census is over and all government employment census information is done by phone.

Blake
06-16-2014, 05:21 PM
She is probably robbing your house right now.

The 10 year census is over and all government employment census information is done by phone.

There are other census polls apparently besides simple population.

CosmicCowboy
06-16-2014, 05:38 PM
There are other census polls apparently besides simple population.

Still have reading comprehension issues I see. I explicitly stated employment census like to OP. Government employment census for individuals are done by phone. Try to keep up.

Blake
06-17-2014, 01:46 PM
I could be a dick here, but I'll just post this and walk away.

The nationwide*American Community Survey (ACS)*is a critical element of the Census Bureau's reengineered decennial census program. During previous decennial censuses, most households received a short-form questionnaire, while one household in six received a long form that contained additional questions and provided more detailed socioeconomic information about the population.The*2010 Census*will be a short-form only census and will count all residents living in the United States as well as ask for name, sex, age, date of birth, race, ethnicity, relationship and housing tenure - taking just minutes to complete.

The more detailed socioeconomic information once collected via the long-form questionnaire is now collected by the American Community Survey. The survey provides current data about all communities every year, rather than once every 10 years. It is sent to a small percentage of the population on a rotating basis throughout the decade. No household will receive the survey more often than once every five years.

https://www.census.gov/history/www/programs/demographic/american_community_survey.html

Blake
06-17-2014, 01:49 PM
Why did I get an American Community Survey?

Your address was selected as a part of a sample and represents thousands of other households like yours. We randomly select about 3.5 million addresses each year to participate in the survey.

Do I have to answer these questions?

ACS Sample Mail-in Form

Yes. You are legally obligated to answer all the questions, as accurately as you can.The relevant laws are*Title 18 U.S.C Section 3571*and*Section 3559, which amends*Title 13 U.S.C. Section 221.

http://www.census.gov/acs/www/about_the_survey/why_were_you_selected/

Blake
06-17-2014, 02:01 PM
Do you want to verify that the phone call or visit is legitimate?

If someone has contacted you about the American Community Survey and you'd like to verify that the phone call or visit is legitimate, you can call your Census Regional office. You can find contact information for your regional office at*http://www.census.gov/regions/.

http://www.census.gov/acs/www/about_the_survey/survey_is_legitimate/

cantthinkofanything
06-17-2014, 02:09 PM
This is from the hand delivered letter which she says I should have previously received in the mail:

A Census Bureau representative, who will show an official identification card, will call on you within the next week or so. The representative will ask questions concerning the ages, employment status, and occupations of the members of your household as well as other related information. We are conducting this survey under the authority of Title 13, US Code, Section 182.

Later on...
For this reason, your participation in this voluntary survey is extremely important to ensure the completeness and accuracy of the final results.

The survey had selected my address among 55,000 and it's for the Current Population Survey. Looks like it's used for the employment numbers.

Blake
06-17-2014, 02:33 PM
But I was just told that employment surveys are done by phone.

Blake
06-17-2014, 02:36 PM
Meh, i might as well be a dick about it.

cantthinkofanything
06-17-2014, 02:39 PM
But I was just told that employment surveys are done by phone.

shit...maybe it's some kind of scam where they are sending old people around to try to steal time from people.