PDA

View Full Version : if OKC blows up

testies
06-16-2014, 02:17 PM
who competes with us? not being cocky, i just dont see any team bar OKC that can beat us

webshad
06-16-2014, 02:18 PM
probably the rockets and clippers

ChumpDumper
06-16-2014, 02:19 PM
Depends on what teams do in the offseason. Rockets and Mavs could make moves.

BigJoeD
06-16-2014, 02:20 PM
If you don't have a bench you cant beat SA. This team just wears you out by shuttling in fresh players.

The_Game
06-16-2014, 02:21 PM
Why would they?

Clippers, Warriors will be threats.

cd98
06-16-2014, 02:25 PM
Hard to know how good teams are until after draft and free agency. Spurs roster will probably have changes, so will other competitors in the West.

testies
06-16-2014, 02:27 PM
clippers can only beat us with insane amount of ref cooking

cp3 is shut down by kawhi

blake cant penetrate on splitter and duncan that well

that leaves unathletic wing man having to beat us, plus a very very shit bench being shat on by our bench

Oh, Gee!!
06-16-2014, 02:34 PM
Warriors are the next best team after the Thunder imo, so them. Maybe rockets after that?

houston spurs fan
06-16-2014, 02:36 PM
Carmelo or Love to Rockets perhaps. Morey one of the best GMs in game. Look for them to be super active and they have chips to trade...

xmas1997
06-16-2014, 03:22 PM
The Spurs are the champs so teams will now gear up to beat them because they are the "standard" now.
The Heat are history, and should have been history last year tbqh.

Chinook
06-16-2014, 03:34 PM
Houston is still beating themselves right now. Depending on the moves they make, they could easily take out the Spurs in a series if they can toughen up mentally. I don't think GS has a chance unless they make another huge move. Portland is in that position as well. That's about it. LAC doesn't scare me and won't so long as they let Paul control the offense so much. Phoenix is too young and Dallas is too old. Memphis is built to have a very low ceiling, as it Indiana.

The_Game
06-16-2014, 03:35 PM
Houston is still beating themselves right now. Depending on the moves they make, they could easily take out the Spurs in a series if they can toughen up mentally. I don't think GS has a chance unless they make another huge move. Portland is in that position as well. That's about it. LAC doesn't scare me and won't so long as they let Paul control the offense so much. Phoenix is too young and Dallas is too old. Memphis is built to have a very low ceiling, as it Indiana.
So you only see okc as a threat then

xmas1997
06-16-2014, 03:38 PM
I just wish the Spurs could get Kevin Love without having to lose significantly important players in the process like Green, Splitter, and Diaw.

Mel_13
06-16-2014, 03:41 PM
I just wish the Spurs could get Kevin Love without having to lose significantly important players in the process like Green, Splitter, and Diaw.

Love is an All-NBA player in his prime. Minnesota isn't going to trade him for table scraps.

xmas1997
06-16-2014, 03:44 PM
Love is an All-NBA player in his prime. Minnesota isn't going to trade him for table scraps.

Of course not, but three draft picks in a loaded draft and some talent stashed over seas might be some nice enticement to go along with those table scrapes.

Mel_13
06-16-2014, 03:46 PM
Of course not, but three draft picks in a loaded draft and some talent stashed over seas might be some nice enticement to go along with those table scrapes.

Not if those three draft picks are #30, #58, and #60.

Chinook
06-16-2014, 03:46 PM
So you only see okc as a threat then

Sort of. As it stands right now, I don't even really consider them a threat. But that's because as it stands right now, the Spurs beat them convincingly. That's why off-seasons exist (and why they're my favorite times of each year). If the Thunder can acquire Pau Gasol, all of the sudden, I'd consider them the favorites in the West. If Houston gets Love, they'd be right up there.

The Warriors and Blazers would need more than just one move, like GS trading Bogut and using that money to acquire Asik AND a legit backup guard, or Portland finding a way to bring in at least two bona-fide bench players including a guard who can actually run the offense.

Dallas could move into the second tier in the West with some minor moves, but they don't have enough upside to really beat the Spurs. Even if Phoenix could trade for Wade (and work they medical magic with him), they're still way too green and unproven in the playoffs to pick them. And I very openly refuse to consider Memphis a good team.

Chinook
06-16-2014, 03:47 PM
Not if those three draft picks are #30, #58, and #60.

:lol That really would be a poor package.

Mel_13
06-16-2014, 03:53 PM
:lol That really would be a poor package.

Yeah, some of these posts make me think of those insurance commercials with the old ladies where one of them says: "that's not how this works, that's not how any of this works".

Chinook
06-16-2014, 03:57 PM
Yeah, some of these posts make me think of those insurance commercials with the old ladies where one of them says: "that's not how this works, that's not how any of this works".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEBdkzelVWY

:lol

Mel_13
06-16-2014, 03:58 PM
:lol

That's the one.

The_Game
06-16-2014, 04:00 PM
Sort of. As it stands right now, I don't even really consider them a threat. But that's because as it stands right now, the Spurs beat them convincingly. That's why off-seasons exist (and why they're my favorite times of each year). If the Thunder can acquire Pau Gasol, all of the sudden, I'd consider them the favorites in the West. If Houston gets Love, they'd be right up there.

The Warriors and Blazers would need more than just one move, like GS trading Bogut and using that money to acquire Asik AND a legit backup guard, or Portland finding a way to bring in at least two bona-fide bench players including a guard who can actually run the offense.

Dallas could move into the second tier in the West with some minor moves, but they don't have enough upside to really beat the Spurs. Even if Phoenix could trade for Wade (and work they medical magic with him), they're still way too green and unproven in the playoffs to pick them. And I very openly refuse to consider Memphis a good team.
Wouldn't say convincely as okc were far off forcing a game 7

Chinook
06-16-2014, 04:03 PM
Wouldn't say convincely as okc were far off forcing a game 7

To each their own. The Spurs overcame a second-half deficit without their top scorer and in general shut down OKC's offense for the first two and final two games without having to exert much effort. If it weren't for the gimmicky Ibaka return, I think the Spurs may have swept the Thunder.

admiralsnackbar
06-16-2014, 04:04 PM
Why would the Thunder blow it up? They were clearly our hardest match-up, and are just a few moves from dominance... even with Westbrook's erratic play. They only need to make some small changes, and Sam Presti is obviously up to the task. Scotty Brooks, however...

The_Game
06-16-2014, 04:26 PM
To each their own. The Spurs overcame a second-half deficit without their top scorer and in general shut down OKC's offense for the first two and final two games without having to exert much effort. If it weren't for the gimmicky Ibaka return, I think the Spurs may have swept the Thunder.

True but still went to OT

Ibaka bring hurt certainly hurt okc odds at winning.

r0drig0lac
06-16-2014, 04:43 PM
Not if those three draft picks are #30, #58, and #60.then three all stars

Chinook
06-16-2014, 04:44 PM
True but still went to OT

Ibaka bring hurt certainly hurt okc odds at winning.

I think him coming back threw off the Spurs' gameplan. Had he never gotten hurt, I think the Spurs still in Game One and Two (OKC would not have had the FT disparity they got in middle games), and Pop would have made his big adjustment in Game Three.

Mugen
06-16-2014, 04:45 PM
:lol the title of this thread is messed up tbh, I don't think it was unintentional in which case OP isn't as retarded as I originally thought

Dingle Barry
06-16-2014, 04:52 PM
Pau to the Thunder would be pretty scary.

Mr. Body
06-16-2014, 04:56 PM
Why in the world would the Thunder blow it up? They were an Ibaka injury from possibly beating us. WIth some tweaks and additions they're in fantastic shape.