PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Kobe salty about Klinnsman's comments and Duncan's 5th

spurraider21
06-16-2014, 03:50 PM
http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2014/06/16/kobe-bryant-laughs-off-jurgen-klinnsmans-criticsm-on-contract-extension/

“Kobe Bryant, for example—why does he get a two-year contract extension for $50 million?” Klinsmann recently told New York Times magazine (http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/08/magazine/how-jurgen-klinsmann-plans-to-make-us-soccer-better-and-less-american.html?_r=0). “Because of what he is going to do in the next two years for the Lakers? Of course not. Of course not. He gets it because of what he has done before. It makes no sense. Why do you pay for what has already happened?”

Bryant smiled when those words were read back to him.
“I thought it was pretty funny. I thought it was pretty comical actually,” Bryant said. “I see his perspective. But the one perspective that he’s missing from an ownership point of view is that you want to be part of an ownership group that is rewarding its players for what they’ve done while balancing the team going forward. If you’re another player in the future and you’re looking at the Lakers organization, you want to be a part of an organization that takes care of its players while at the same time planning for the future. Jurgen is a coach, a manager. He’s not a GM or owner of the franchise. When you look at it from that perspective, it changes a little bit. But you probably could have used another player as an example.”

Instead, Bryant appeared more bothered about a certain rival named Tim Duncan tying him for NBA championships after the San Antonio Spurs beat the 2014 Finals against the Miami Heat. Duncan appears in great position to win a sixth ring next season to eclipse Bryant.

“If you ask me if I’m okay with Tim doing it, I’m not,” Bryant said. “I’m not okay with that.”

Clipper Nation
06-16-2014, 03:51 PM
So much for Capri's excuse that "Tim's not Kirby's rival, he's Shaq's rival" :lmao

Koolaid_Man
06-16-2014, 04:01 PM
He's not..he's being a competitor...he said the same shit last year....one thing for sure though is that the entire CLipper organization is clearly not Kobe's rival :hat

CitizenDwayne
06-16-2014, 04:14 PM
Don't really see that as salty. Of course he's irked that the guy he's feuded with for most of his NBA career has now tied his championship count. It's a real shame he'll never be able to ring again. Dude was truly great.

Mugen
06-16-2014, 04:16 PM
:lmao Eat shit, Kirby. Because boiled down, it's

Duncan - 5 (& Counting)

TOSB Bryant - 3.5

MultiTroll
06-16-2014, 04:30 PM
Typical passive aggressive bullshyte from Kobme.

Thebesteva
06-16-2014, 05:58 PM
Kobe doing work on lakers salary cap

DPG21920
06-16-2014, 06:04 PM
Kobe thinks Laker fans are truly stupid - it's a slap in the face. He's trying to claim his contract doesn't limit LA and basically using the average fan's lack of knowledge to win them over.

Malik Hairston
06-16-2014, 06:08 PM
Kobe thinks Laker fans are truly stupid - it's a slap in the face. He's trying to claim his contract doesn't limit LA and basically using the average fan's lack of knowledge to win them over.

:lol it's true, tbh..

Greatest media manipulator in sports history, I've always said..

UZER
06-16-2014, 06:12 PM

Duncan - 5 (& Counting)

TOSB Bryant - 3.5

Revisionist acting like Kobe 3peated by himself, ignoring the giant gorilla in the room.

Malik Hairston
06-16-2014, 06:15 PM
Klinnsman is that dude, tbh, already leading team USA to victory today, too..

Koolaid_Man
06-16-2014, 06:16 PM

No he doesn't...let Kool take you on a journey into the mind of Kobe....see I go into the mind whereas Spur fan be trynna take people into the ass of their superstar....:lol follow me...

Kobe won 5 titles without a paycut...in his mind the Onus is on the Laker brass and not him....so what is he doing? he's challenging them to go out and break the bank...it's their profit margins they should be worried about and not Kobe's....if they're willing to pay him 25 per then he see's no reason they won't go out and spend another 15-20 per for two more stars....basically pay whatever penalty is before you but field a winner...what Spur fan fail to realize is we don't win like the Spurs....Kobe's had 9 coaches during his career and his core team of players has changed often whereas Duncan has played in stability his whole career...the Lakers go out and buy champions whereas the Spurs manipulate players to take less...and convince them that it's noble...put the onus back on the teams and force them to put a winning team on the floor...

Koolaid_Man
06-16-2014, 06:18 PM
and Kobe can get away with that because he's in the LA market....it's chess not checkers ok DPG...your limited in knowledge just like height....but it's ok because:

T0HLAKm1_1Q

DPG21920
06-16-2014, 06:18 PM
Ya ^ You are one of the idiots Kobe thinks is an idiot :lol

:lol not understanding how the salary cap works

Koolaid_Man
06-16-2014, 06:20 PM
Ya ^ You are one of the idiots Kobe thinks is an idiot :lol

:lol not understanding how the salary cap works

I don't have time to read up on it...I can get one of my Asian friends to brief me....I'm too busy but I will say this....we can blow past the salary cap....we'll take a small hit and bounce back...we don't have to manipulate our stars and sucker them in with emotion to get them to take less...

leemajors
06-16-2014, 06:21 PM

:lol

DPG21920
06-16-2014, 06:23 PM
I don't have time to read up on it...I can get one of my Asian friends to brief me....I'm too busy but I will say this....we can blow past the salary cap....we'll take a small hit and bounce back...we don't have to manipulate our stars and sucker them in with emotion to get them to take less...

No, you can't.

Clipper Nation
06-16-2014, 06:25 PM

Didn't you lose an ELE bet with Frizzle? :lol

DMC
06-16-2014, 06:28 PM
Kobe isn't OK with anyone else getting a ring because he's a competitor, but he's also a greedy motherfucker and what he cannot fuck or eat he shits on.

Koolaid_Man
06-16-2014, 06:29 PM
No, you can't.

sure we can go past the cap...it's a soft cap...repeater penalties? no problem we pay

DPG21920
06-16-2014, 06:31 PM
Kobe was right about one fan :lol

Koolaid_Man
06-16-2014, 06:32 PM
Kobe was right about one fan :lol

quote it or he didn't say it :hat

Koolaid_Man
06-16-2014, 06:33 PM
and if he had a said it he would have been talking about the illegals from Mexico...not Kool

Clipper Nation
06-16-2014, 06:34 PM
quote it or he didn't say it :hat

"I just … I don't understand … the city here … for me not trying to bite my tongue and not calling them dumb, which I kinda just did."

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/20780545/kobe-bryant-to-critics-shut-up-let-us-work

Thebesteva
06-16-2014, 07:07 PM
Didn't you lose an ELE bet with Frizzle? :lol

Yup. He PM'ed me and said its all good, I told him I'd honor it. He said its ok, he doesnt care. He's celebrating over Lebron LOSING. 2-5 in the finals PERIOD

KaiRMD1
06-16-2014, 08:16 PM
Boiled down:

TOSB Kobe: Done
TOSB Duncan: Still going strong

IrisHockey
06-16-2014, 08:20 PM
Meh neither are top 5

SupremeGuy
06-16-2014, 08:22 PM
lol sidekick killing the team

Thread
06-16-2014, 08:25 PM

Duncan - 5 (& Counting)

TOSB Bryant - 3.5

No, Mugs, no.

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 5

midnightpulp
06-16-2014, 08:27 PM
No, Mugs, no.

All that matter is that the count is 5=5.

DMX7
06-16-2014, 08:35 PM

poeticism707
06-16-2014, 08:40 PM
:rollin:rollin:rollin

I knew it was only a matter of seconds before Kirby commented about his superior,

TD, winning his 5th.

Could have started a thead poll about how soon it would come.

Per par.

No diss,

Kirby is a greater player than people give him credit for,

but he anyone who thinks he has 5 Alpha Rings is delusional.

Kobe has 2.5 ish Alpha Rings.

Almost the same as Lebron.

HI-FI
06-16-2014, 08:41 PM
no shocker. It takes a certain type of person to rape a chick or be this bitchy all the time.

Clipper Nation
06-16-2014, 08:43 PM
No, Mugs, no.

No, Dale, the shitbag was sent one-way to San Bernardino last June. That's it and that's all.

Strange Love
06-16-2014, 08:43 PM
Kobe is insufferable.

Koolaid_Man
06-16-2014, 08:56 PM
That was bad even for him. A new low from the wannabe leader of the short bus.

C'mon kooltard, do the world a favor kill yourself...it will literally be the first and only time you could have a positive impact on the world.

proof that you can't live without me..I appreciate bro....

Franklin
06-16-2014, 08:57 PM
Kobe still earns more than Timmy (or anyone) though. Kobe had a choice to make between asking for less so as to give his team more flexibility to work with in the offseason (which could possibly put this team back in contention immediately since LA is a big market, an attractive destination for big names) and taking the maximum amount of money possible, and he chose the latter. Even a prime Kobe couldn't win championships with Nick Young being the 3rd best player on his team tbh, he knew that but he still took money over rings. Nigga has nary room to complain tbh.

midnightpulp
06-16-2014, 09:04 PM
Kobe still earns more than Timmy (or anyone) though. Kobe had a choice to make between asking for less so as to give his team more flexibility to work with in the offseason (which could possibly put this team back in contention immediately since LA is a big market, an attractive destination for big names) and taking the maximum amount of money possible, and he chose the latter. Even a prime Kobe couldn't win championships with Nick Young being the 3rd best player on his team tbh, he knew that but he still took money over rings. Nigga has nary room to complain tbh.

Rogue

Koolaid_Man
06-16-2014, 09:19 PM

There was no negotiation...they offered he accepted end of story please don't blame Kobe....

Mugen
06-16-2014, 09:19 PM
No, Mugs, no.

:lol Dale, even If I concede that, Tim's got Kirby beat in every other category that matters. I'm doing you a favor by only citing the ring count tbh.

ezau
06-16-2014, 09:33 PM
Kobe is realizing that legacy-wise, Duncan>Kobe

Thread
06-16-2014, 09:38 PM
:lol Dale, even If I concede that, Tim's got Kirby beat in every other category that matters. I'm doing you a favor by only citing the ring count tbh.

Then you need to make such an equation. You have the bag until at least next June.

- Pappy

Thread
06-16-2014, 09:40 PM
Kobe is realizing that legacy-wise, Duncan>Kobe

& of course Duncan doesn't have to answer for last June. I don't understand why he can dish it, but, he can't take it.

Thread
06-16-2014, 09:45 PM
Kobe is insufferable.

Duncan ain't no angel. He gave one away last June and he plays for the pink team.

Thread
06-16-2014, 09:45 PM
no shocker. It takes a certain type of person to rape a chick or be this bitchy all the time.

Your Neal accomplished both as well. You've nary room.

ezau
06-16-2014, 09:51 PM
& of course Duncan doesn't have to answer for last June. I don't understand why he can dish it, but, he can't take it.

But the Laker reality is this: Duncan>Kobe

ezau
06-16-2014, 09:53 PM
Duncan ain't no angel. He gave one away last June and he plays for the pink team.

Duncan redeemed himself, which resulted to: Duncan>Kobe

HI-FI
06-16-2014, 09:57 PM
Your Neal accomplished both as well. You've nary room.
good to see you around.

Thread
06-16-2014, 09:59 PM
Duncan redeemed himself, which resulted to: Duncan>Kobe

Please. He was never indicted. Sure, I handed up one, but, nobody outside this room gave a shit. Duncan never said a word until this June about last June. Then acted like he was denied by unknown forces not named the Heat, when in reality he fucked himself in association with his coach. And of course Media let it go and took the angle of (revenge) but it does not stand the litmus test and any fool can see that, ez.

Thread
06-16-2014, 10:01 PM
good to see you around.

Good to be back and to be so obviously missed & wanted. I'm frankly humbled.

ezau
06-16-2014, 10:02 PM
Please. He was never indicted. Sure, I handed up one, but, nobody outside this room gave a shit. Duncan never said a word until this June about last June. Then acted like he was denied by unknown forces not named the Heat, when in reality he fucked himself in association with his coach. And of course Media let it go and took the angle of (revenge) but it does not stand the litmus test and any fool can see that, ez.

Cully, it's over. Duncan catapulted himself to top-five all time great status by ringing yesterday. The Kobe reality is this: Duncan>Kobe. Let us proceed Cully by taking your loss like a real man.

Thread
06-16-2014, 10:10 PM
Cully, it's over. Duncan catapulted himself to top-five all time great status by ringing yesterday. The Kobe reality is this: Duncan>Kobe. Let us proceed Cully by taking your loss like a real man.

I don't do the top-five shit, ez. I have never have. I do the ring count, you know that. You have the bag until at least next June. You had your opportunity last June and fucked it up. Have some patience until next June.

DMX7
06-16-2014, 10:12 PM
If you watch the video, Kobe is making the Duncan comment in a very "tongue in cheek" manner.

ezau
06-16-2014, 10:15 PM
I don't do the top-five shit, ez. I have never have. I do the ring count, you know that. You have the bag until at least next June. You had your opportunity last June and fucked it up. Have some patience until next June.

So Horry is better than Kobe and Duncan because of ring counts. Okay.

DPG21920
06-16-2014, 10:15 PM

Kobe has a tape and plays for the pink team.

Thread
06-16-2014, 10:16 PM
Kobe has a tape and plays for the pink team.

But, he was never forced at the trophy case to give one back.

spurraider21
06-16-2014, 10:17 PM
I don't understand how you see a player averaging 15-10 and winning a championship, and proceed to call him a tired old shitbag... it makes no sense, especially when we have a guy in his mid 30's nursing injury after injury, and can't even play while still believing he's the best player in the league

I know there' the trolling aspect, but Cubby claims he doesn't troll. be real

Thread
06-16-2014, 10:17 PM
So Horry is better than Kobe and Duncan because of ring counts. Okay.

If you believe that then concoct a concession and pimp it.

DPG21920
06-16-2014, 10:18 PM

Yes he did. He's not undefeated in the finals. He's given back two.

Thread
06-16-2014, 10:19 PM
I don't understand how you see a player averaging 15-10 and winning a championship, and proceed to call him a tired old shitbag... it makes no sense, especially when we have a guy in his mid 30's nursing injury after injury, and can't even play while still believing he's the best player in the league

Because that was the agreement, 21. I didn't hear a discouraging word at +5, 28 seconds left Game 6 last June.

Duncan has the bagPERIOD

Thread
06-16-2014, 10:20 PM
Yes he did. He's not undefeated in the finals. He's given back two.

There you go acting the ass again. You don't even believe your shit. You're just looking up my moomoo.

DPG21920
06-16-2014, 10:21 PM
Nope. Tit for Tat. It's a long fall from your high horse. Kobe gave away 2 and has a tape. I've everything covered and my team is the last one standing.

spurraider21
06-16-2014, 10:22 PM
Because that was the agreement, 21. I didn't hear a discouraging word at +5, 28 seconds left Game 6 last June.

Duncan has the bagPERIOD
The shitbag was well deserved after getting swept by your Suns in '10. It was well deserved in '11 when Memphis took our lunch money, and Gasol outplayed Duncan. Hell, even after a terrific finals performance when he was the Spurs leading scorer and rebounder, and they blew it, I'll disagree but understand. But after coming back this strong all season and winning a chip, I just don't see it.

J.T.
06-16-2014, 10:25 PM
Kobe should "get over himself" as Pop would say and take on a 2013 Tracy McGrady role at the end of the Spurs bench. Him and Duncan can get #6 together while history can remember it was Duncan's career dominance and longevity that made it all possible

DMC
06-16-2014, 10:28 PM

Tim is an indian giver though, because he took it back yesterday.

Mugen
06-16-2014, 10:29 PM
Boiled down, Tim was leading his championship team in minutes during the playoffs, while a certain player was leading his lottery team to fishing excursions in mid-April.

Only one of those behaviors sound like the doings of a Tired Old Shitbag tbh.

Now let us proceed.............

Duncan - 5

Vanessa's Bag Holder - 3. 5

DMC
06-16-2014, 10:29 PM
Kobe should "get over himself" as Pop would say and take on a 2013 Tracy McGrady role at the end of the Spurs bench. Him and Duncan can get #6 together while history can remember it was Duncan's career dominance and longevity that made it all possible

Tracy, like Oden, didn't get shit for that legriding. Two washed up faggots who left how they came. I am assuming Oden won't be back next season.

ezau
06-16-2014, 10:39 PM
If you believe that then concoct a concession and pimp it.

Boiled down:

Duncan>Kobe

Let us proceed

J.T.
06-16-2014, 10:40 PM
Tracy, like Oden, didn't get shit for that legriding. Two washed up faggots who left how they came. I am assuming Oden won't be back next season.

Well, the thing with those two is they were signed to fill legitimate needs on the 2013 Spurs and 2014 Heat. The Spurs had just jettisoned Stephen Jackson recently and were looking for more depth at the small forward position. Everyone knows the biggest hole on the Heat is size down low. The thing with McGrady and Oden is age (probably for both, since Oden looks like he went to high school with Tim Duncan at this point) and injuries have just destroyed who they used to be. In the end they were just feel-good stories that would have made the victory sweeter. However, as we know, the 2013 Spurs and 2014 Heat failed to win the title, so there are no happy endings for those guys.

In McGrady's case, he was always going to be a human victory blunt. Everyone knows the Spurs make you earn your minutes if you crack the rotation, and getting signed right before the playoffs starts pretty much gets you the bench cheerleader gig for keeps.

100%duncan
06-16-2014, 10:45 PM
TOSB Duncan: 5
Mr. Can't Walk:5

LkrFan
06-16-2014, 10:45 PM
No, Dale, the shitbag was sent one-way to San Bernardino last June. That's it and that's all.

T-hixYFUVvI

Kool Bob Love
06-16-2014, 11:30 PM
No, Mugs, no.

June 15, 2014 change everything.

Ashy Larry
06-16-2014, 11:36 PM
Kobe's contract = iceberg

Lakers = Titanic

Thread
06-17-2014, 12:12 AM
June 15, 2014 change everything.

Not the bag, Lovey. That stays in TX..

UZER
06-17-2014, 12:18 AM

Don't forget he got hurt, then threw his teammates under the bus..."#amnesia"

TDMVPDPOY
06-17-2014, 12:57 AM
timmy beat a scrub and prime lebron

wtf did the rapists beat besides been told to go the bathroom and know ur role

DMC
06-17-2014, 07:47 AM
Kobe's contract = iceberg

Lakers = Titanic

Except the Titanic had some good looking people on it and didn't intentionally hit the iceberg.

DMC
06-17-2014, 07:48 AM
Not the bag, Lovey. That stays in TX..

Not hardly Dale. Tired old shit bags don't win championships. To say otherwise is demeaning the ring itself. If you don't want to sign for the package, we can ship it to Lebron.

Killakobe81
06-17-2014, 07:50 AM
Lakers were not winning anyway.
Wish Kobe took less, but Lebron Durant were just pipe dreams.
No one else is worth that money (not even Kobe) so why not backpay Kobe?

Thread
06-17-2014, 08:22 AM
Not hardly Dale. Tired old shit bags don't win championships. To say otherwise is demeaning the ring itself. If you don't want to sign for the package, we can ship it to Lebron.

I will not be bullied, D. The bag stays near the Alamo.

- "Make sure you're right.........then go ahead."

- Davy Crockett

DMC
06-17-2014, 01:51 PM
I will not be bullied, D. The bag stays near the Alamo.

- "Make sure you're right.........then go ahead."

- Davy Crockett

Davy died at the Alamo.

Raven
06-17-2014, 01:59 PM

still deluded :lol

Thread
06-17-2014, 01:59 PM
Davy died at the Alamo.

I'm warnin' ya right now...."I'm a screamer." - "Tim Duncan"

DMC
06-17-2014, 02:04 PM
I'm warnin' ya right now...."I'm a screamer." - "Tim Duncan"

"I'm not ok with that" - Kobe Bryant