PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Should/Would Pop attempt a "Henderson?" Just grist for the "Mills."

Thread
06-16-2014, 04:12 PM
The Celtics would execute the maneuver again & again. Showcase a player in advantageous conditions, then turn around and trade him for a choice 1st rounder and reap the reward. They did so with Gerald Henderson in the '84 Finals, then traded him to Seattle for what turned out to be Len Bias stretched out on a coroner's table, toe tagged.

Patty Mills strikes me as such sucker bait.

Arnold Toht
06-16-2014, 04:13 PM
That was their last ring. They'll never do it again.

Koolaid_Man
06-16-2014, 04:14 PM
The Celtics would execute the maneuver again & again. Showcase a player in advantageous conditions, then turn around and trade him for a choice 1st rounder and reap the reward. They did so with Gerald Henderson in the '84 Finals, then traded him to Seattle for what turned out to be Len Bias stretched out on a coroner's table, toe tagged.

I wish we woulda pulled a Henderson on Gasol in 2010.....:lol but yeah Pop won't pay him...he's gonna try and brain wash the kid to take less....:lol

Thread
06-16-2014, 04:15 PM
I wish we woulda pulled a Henderson on Gasol in 2010

We tried, but, nobody would fall for it. They'd line up 4 deep for Boston's horseshit.

Koolaid_Man
06-16-2014, 04:17 PM
We tried, but, nobody would fall for it. They'd line up 4 deep for Boston's horseshit.

:lmao

Koolaid_Man
06-16-2014, 04:17 PM
You think we can find a sucker for Nash....we could sell it as an expiring

06-16-2014, 04:33 PM

Knowing that even if the Lakers fail to win a single playoff game for the rest of the century, you're still gonna take this shit to the grave with ya::

Kobe: 5
Duncan: 4
Plz keep making your predictions. Work your black magic.

midnightpulp
06-16-2014, 08:56 PM

Hmmm. I thought Patty would've gained your respect and fear after reigning down hellfire on Miami as Parker looked like he'd just been told he has a week to live.

Thread
06-16-2014, 09:43 PM
Hmmm. I thought Patty would've gained your respect and fear after reigning down hellfire on Miami as Parker looked like he'd just been told he has a week to live.

Just idle meanderings, Midst, talkin' a little treason. Though it could be tool in a such stocked draft. & it is along the lines of what Pop did in acquiring Leonard.

midnightpulp
06-16-2014, 09:48 PM
Just idle meanderings, Midst, talkin' a little treason. Though it could be tool in a such stocked draft. & it is along the lines of what Pop did in acquiring Leonard.

Mills is an FA, so we can't trade him for anything.

We have to pay him or let him go.

Do it, Mitch?

Thread
06-16-2014, 09:50 PM
Mills is an FA, so we can't trade him for anything.

We have to pay him or let him go.

Do it, Mitch?

Moot point then. I didn't know. Who else would you have for a potential "Henderson?"

midnightpulp
06-16-2014, 09:59 PM
Moot point then. I didn't know. Who else would you have for a potential "Henderson?"

Danny Green. But he's turning into one of the best perimeter defenders in the league, so I wouldn't give him up.

Beyond him. No one really. Every player from 1 to 8 is pretty vital to the team.

Picking Bird's pocket using Hill was our "Henderson," I suppose.

Dick Jones
06-16-2014, 10:15 PM

But the scales of justice struck hard on your Lakers, too. As penance for quitting against Houston in 86, your Magic was stricken with those AIDS after sodomizing with another man.

DMC
06-16-2014, 10:31 PM

Goddamn Dale, you're one salty fucker. Act like someone already.

DMC
06-16-2014, 10:31 PM
And no, the Spurs have a history of not blowing up a winning team. In fact, if anything... they hold on to guys longer than they should.

DMC
06-16-2014, 10:32 PM

Circa 2007

Thread
06-16-2014, 10:51 PM
But the scales of justice struck hard on your Lakers, too. As penance for quitting against Houston in 86, your Magic was stricken with those AIDS after sodomizing with another man.

Your punishment was Jordan.

tee, hee.

Dick Jones
06-16-2014, 11:07 PM
Your punishment was Jordan.

tee, hee.

A shared punishment. But you got the plague of those AIDS

IrisHockey
06-16-2014, 11:09 PM
Meh Pistons weren't going to ring again anyway after 1990. They at least got to push DK's shit in

jag
06-16-2014, 11:10 PM

:lol holy shit

Thread
06-17-2014, 12:17 AM
A shared punishment. But you got the plague of those AIDS

You got Horry'ed after watching CWEBB get Horry'ed.

ha, ha.

Franklin
06-17-2014, 03:51 AM
Spurs should be looking to dump Splitter's contract imho. They need $ to keep those players who're useful

chunticakes
06-17-2014, 04:58 AM

:lol

dg7md
06-17-2014, 05:02 AM
I get the joke, but Magic doesn't have AIDS, he is HIV positive. It's not even a good joke, it's a serious, deathly virus.

LkrFan
06-17-2014, 05:47 AM

:rollin :lmao :rollin

midnightpulp
06-17-2014, 06:34 AM
:rollin :lmao :rollin

That's wrong, Lkrfan. :lol

LkrFan
06-17-2014, 07:03 AM
That's wrong, Lkrfan. :lol
My bad - shit was funny. :lol

Thread
06-17-2014, 08:19 AM
Spurs should be looking to dump Splitter's contract imho. They need $ to keep those players who're useful

- "Careful."

- "John Coffee" - "The Green Weiner"

He made some nice passes in his own right. You've painstakingly trained and developed him to the point of ROI.

Buddy Mignon
06-17-2014, 10:40 AM
I wish we woulda pulled a Henderson on Gasol in 2010.....:lol but yeah Pop won't pay him...he's gonna try and brain wash the kid to take less....:lol

We did, but Stern objected. I can't wait until Sterling plays his hand.

Buddy Mignon
06-17-2014, 10:43 AM

Magic looks better than Robinson. That fucker looks like he's been living in prison.

Thread
06-17-2014, 10:49 AM
Magic looks better than Robinson. That fucker looks like he's been living in prison.

Frankly he's unrecognizable.

Cry Havoc
06-17-2014, 11:48 AM
- "Careful."

- "John Coffee" - "The Green Weiner"

He made some nice passes in his own right. You've painstakingly trained and developed him to the point of ROI.

Barely. :lol When you don't have any other options, the ones you do have become mighty costly.