PDA

View Full Version : We all know Duncan is special, but just how special??

Ibleedslvrnblk
06-16-2014, 08:33 PM
I was bored and looking at the Duncan draft and then the 96,98,99 drafts. Some crazy stuff stood out to me and I began to realize just how lucky we are as fans and to have him a Spur...

I am only looking at first two rounds of each draft..

1996 draft - A draft that had Kobe Nash Camby and Iverson. Only 4 players (roughly) from that draft were still playing this season..Kobe Nash Jermaine O'Neal, and Fisher. Three of those players were massively hurt this season.

Duncan draft - This draft was awful....Keith Van Horn Billups and mcgrady.....no one but Billups plays still. But the prize TD still strong...

1998 draft - The Kandyman draft! Bibby Vince Dirk Pierce to name a few. Only 4 played this season and well did nothing except Dirk...

1999 draft - The birth of Manu - this draft was packed! Brand Francis Odom Marion Metta Baron Davis AK47....roughly 4 set foot on the floor this year...

So what am I getting at here??? It takes a special player to play this long in the league. Timmy has outlasted players who were drafted two years after him and were supposed to be stars for a long time. Only Dirk contributes and means what TD means to this team and league. We have been blessed with one in a million, someone who has not faded off to the bench, someone who can play and give it their all. Not decimated by injury or forgotten, but a warrior a star a Spur....

Take a moment and think about that and take a look at the drafts. How lucky and fortunate we are...