PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: The Kobe Reality

ezau
06-16-2014, 09:59 PM
As hard as Kobe fan boys want to spin this, Duncan has just catapulted himself to Top 5 All-Time Great territory when he rang yesterday. Kobe needs to at least win another MVP award just to tie Duncan at this point. This is Kobe reality and this is how it's going to be for Kobe fan boys until something miraculous happens next season. :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

LkrFan
06-17-2014, 06:58 AM
As hard as Kobe fan boys want to spin this, Duncan has just catapulted himself to Top 5 All-Time Great territory when he rang yesterday. Kobe needs to at least win another MVP award just to tie Duncan at this point. This is Kobe reality and this is how it's going to be for Kobe fan boys until something miraculous happens next season. :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

Here is some reality for your ass:

If you go with head to head Lakers vs Spurs Phil vs Pop

2001 Western Conference Finals Lakers won, 4–0
2002 Western Conference Semifinals Lakers won, 4–1
2003 Western Conference Semifinals Spurs won, 4–2
2004 Western Conference Semifinals Lakers won, 4–2
2008 Western Conference Finals Lakers won, 4-1

Phil >>> P;) p

100%duncan
06-17-2014, 06:59 AM
Thank you for the championship.

The curse lives on.

Clipper Nation
06-17-2014, 07:11 AM

Phil >>> P;) p
Phil was indeed the greatest.... who else could have won all those rings in spite of a brick-chucking role player who thought he was the best player on the team?

Killakobe81
06-17-2014, 07:48 AM

Fine with me. Duncan is a great player, much like Lebron if they have/will past Kobe that is no insult. All are great players. Tim is a great player to be surpassed by.

scanry
06-17-2014, 07:52 AM
ezau still hasn't come to grips with his new found confidence and 5 might i add.

Killakobe81
06-17-2014, 08:02 AM
ezau still hasn't come to grips with his new found confidence and 5 might i add.

It's funny but I dont see the need for SPur fan to keep the Kobe stuff going.
I get why Kool is doing his thing Duncan just caused a shift in the dialogue erasing 5>4 ...

But Spur fan should be reveling in the possiblity of ending another dynasty.
Pop and Tim deserve bonus credit for ending the runs of the two best teams since MJ ...

Thread
06-17-2014, 08:34 AM

It wasn't enough for him. I know what he want(ed):::for Kobe to launch that from 23 ft+, clank it and the Celtics to go to the end.

Uh, uh.

scanry
06-17-2014, 09:39 AM
Kobe or Duncan is on First Take right now.

100%duncan
06-17-2014, 09:41 AM
Kobe or Duncan is on First Take right now.

recap it for me later please. thanks

scanry
06-17-2014, 09:48 AM

Scream & A as usual goes with Kobe.

Skip goes with Tim.

100%duncan
06-17-2014, 09:49 AM

Skip goes with Tim.

Ehhh shoulda expected that :lol

Thread
06-17-2014, 09:50 AM

Skip goes with Tim.

That way they get two bites at the apple & "we" cite it. They ain't stupid in CT.. Just predictable.

spurraider21
06-17-2014, 01:11 PM

Phil >>> P;) p
phil > pop
triangle > pops system

and yet Duncan has more mvp's and finals mvp's.

Thread
06-17-2014, 01:26 PM
phil > pop
triangle > pops system

Pop understands the principle & power of "attrition." "You're" in control. While Phil is playin' hand jive twixt the coasts Pop is risen.

spurraider21
06-17-2014, 02:29 PM
Pop understands the principle & power of "attrition." "You're" in control. While Phil is playin' hand jive twixt the coasts Pop is risen.
This is all new from you... It's clear you are reaching for something new now that it's 5:5... it's sad. You never played the system card until now

Thread
06-17-2014, 02:39 PM
This is all new from you... It's clear you are reaching for something new now that it's 5:5... it's sad. You never played the system card until now

It wasn't confirmed until the day before yesterday. Last June cited it. This June confirmed it. You want me to do what you do when the Lakers strike precisely=you want me to deny it, stonewall it, piss on it. I won't do it, 21. I'm not you guys. It's my religion.

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

IrisHockey
06-17-2014, 02:41 PM
It wasn't confirmed until the day before yesterday. Last June cited it. This June confirmed it. You want me to do what you do when the Lakers strike precisely=you want me to deny it, stonewall it, piss on it. I won't do it, 21. I'm not you guys. It's my religion.

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

Did you become a legend in your own time my friend?

Thread
06-17-2014, 02:43 PM
Did you become a legend in your own time my friend?

Damn, Shockey, I so wanted you to fire up the stove at the end of these Finals. I was in a boilin' mood:::shorts, 5-4, the bag, etc. Alas, the stove is forsaken & cold.

IrisHockey
06-17-2014, 02:48 PM
:cry I know.. this was the worst possible result.. BD is dead on top of that

Clipper Nation
06-17-2014, 02:50 PM
Damn, Shockey, I so wanted you to fire up the stove at the end of these Finals. I was in a boilin' mood:::shorts, 5-4, the bag, etc. Alas, the stove is forsaken & cold.
Yep.... not even the bag is left, that got shipped one-way to Kirby's house last June. You've nary a scintilla of material left.

tee, hee.

Thread
06-17-2014, 02:51 PM
Yep.... not even the bag is left, that got shipped one-way to Kirby's house last June. You've nary a scintilla of material left.

tee, hee.

Congratulations on #5, sweetheart.

IrisHockey
06-17-2014, 02:53 PM

If we're not careful it'll be #6 come 2015... fuck FUCK FUCK FUCK

Clipper Nation
06-17-2014, 02:54 PM

Congratulations on 48.5 & 7.

Thread
06-17-2014, 03:04 PM
If we're not careful it'll be #6 come 2015... fuck FUCK FUCK FUCK

& CN would be happier than Duncan at Boy's Town.

kobe4life
06-17-2014, 04:22 PM
God has more points than that closet homo will ever have. God has the led the league in scoring while closet Homo has never ever been close. God has more all-star game mvps than close homo. God will go down a legend while nobody will talk about closet homo 20 years from now.

DMC
06-17-2014, 07:04 PM
It wasn't enough for him. I know what he want(ed):::for Kobe to launch that from 23 ft+, clank it and the Celtics to go to the end.

Uh, uh.

How about that win in 56? That was a way out.

Kidd K
06-17-2014, 07:25 PM

Skip used stats, Smith tried to use some emotional point of view while conceding the facts/accomplishments/results side of it to the Duncan side. So basically he admitted Duncan was better without actually saying that.

The argument he used for Kobe was one he apparently heard from some random Detroit radio host, and as you can probably imagine due to the source, it was a poor argument that was missing historical accuracy. Basically the jist of it was, hilariously, that Kobe traveled a "harder path" to get to 5 rings. LOL. Because ringing 5x with Phil Jackson, and 3x with best/2nd best (behind Duncan, not him) player in the league in Shaq, with the richest team in the NA with no budget limit that draws free agents more than any other while receiving OKC-esque ref assistance, is somehow a "hard road".

Even more of a joke is what things he used to claim made his road hard. He claimed he "had to deal with a lot of team changes and still managed to win", citing having to "deal with" Shaq leaving as a major obstacle to overcome. Also brought up various off court and locker room drama surrounding him, and coaching changes, while saying Duncan's Spur life was drama-free.

Of course, 100% of Kobe's drama was due to Kobe. He ran coaches and players out of town, raped girls, etc. Duncan never did that shit so of course it's drama free. :lol That's like patting a fire fighter on the back when he set the fire himself.

Skip also called Duncan the most boring player in the NBA. Fan vote was like 54% in favor of Duncan being the better all timer. The gap should be way bigger, but I guess 54% is big considering how popular Kobe is and how much ESPN has been trying to ram "Kobe is GOAT" down viewers' throats for a decade.

kobe4life
06-17-2014, 08:21 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ God is better than Duncan you fucking dumbass. God dealt with so much adversity trying to win titles while half of Duncan's title teams were carried by other players such as Parker, the mentally handicapped Kawhi. Also Duncan choked a lot during title runs I still remember Horry having to bail out that homo back in '05 during the Pistons series after he choked at the freethrow line. God never choked during his title runs and it was him carrying guys to the finish line while the closet Homo had to be carried by a lot of guys to win the title.

Brunodf
06-17-2014, 08:30 PM

Phil >>> P;) p
Grass is green:rolleyes

DMC
06-17-2014, 08:52 PM
All kidding aside, you know KB is done because he's not been in a playoff game in 2 years, not made it past the 2nd round in 4 years and still hasn't threatened to quit. The money was well spent, he shut up like a good whore and swallowed what he was given to swallow.

kobe4life
06-17-2014, 08:55 PM
All kidding aside, you know KB is done because he's not been in a playoff game in 2 years, not made it past the 2nd round in 4 years and still hasn't threatened to quit. The money was well spent, he shut up like a good whore and swallowed what he was given to swallow.

Yeah I can't wait to see God make you look really stupid next year. This guy has been out for two years due to bs injuries but the silver lining that comes from this is that he has been well rested with no additional miles on his body. I expect him to be an MVP candidate next year due to being well rested and in great shape.

DMC
06-17-2014, 08:57 PM
Yeah I can't wait to see God make you look really stupid next year. This guy has been out for two years due to bs injuries but the silver lining that comes from this is that he has been well rested with no additional miles on his body. I expect him to be an MVP candidate next year due to being well rested and in great shape.

With big muscles and a fantastic smile.

scanry
06-17-2014, 09:02 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ God is better than Duncan you fucking dumbass. God dealt with so much adversity trying to win titles while half of Duncan's title teams were carried by other players such as Parker, the mentally handicapped Kawhi. Also Duncan choked a lot during title runs I still remember Horry having to bail out that homo back in '05 during the Pistons series after he choked at the freethrow line. God never choked during his title runs and it was him carrying guys to the finish line while the closet Homo had to be carried by a lot of guys to win the title.

Rogue, give it a rest man. The Great Satan & God stichk is just shitty and could be better served on one of your Chinese forums.

Franklin
06-17-2014, 09:06 PM
Rogue, give it a rest man. The Great Satan & God stichk is just shitty and could be better served on one of your Chinese forums.
I, just like most of your guys, have been wondering whose troll kobe4life is tbh :lol

kobe4life
06-17-2014, 09:07 PM
Its obvious I'm not rogue since we are both logged in right now.

ezau
06-17-2014, 09:44 PM

Phil >>> P;) p

I never said Pop>Phil. I just said Duncan>Kobe. And yes, Phil is no doubt the greatest, but I'm just happy we have POP.

ezau
06-17-2014, 09:45 PM
Fine with me. Duncan is a great player, much like Lebron if they have/will past Kobe that is no insult. All are great players. Tim is a great player to be surpassed by.
Killakobe81 pure class as usual:toast

ezau
06-17-2014, 09:47 PM

Kobe never spits. Nevah!:lol

ezau
06-17-2014, 09:51 PM

Uh, uh.

Cully, you built the 5>4 dynasty. Now it's time for the Duncan>Kobe run.

Thread
06-17-2014, 09:54 PM
Cully, you built the 5>4 dynasty. Now it's time for the Duncan>Kobe run.

You'll have to wait at least a year. If you hadn't fucked up last June you'd have it knocked.

Next time you're up 5, with the ball, 28 seconds left, you'll know better.

ezau
06-17-2014, 09:55 PM
You'll have to wait at least a year. If you hadn't fucked up last June you'd have it knocked.

Next time you're up 5, with the ball, 28 seconds left, you'll know better.

Nope. The dynasty starts now.

Duncan:

5 rings
3 FMVPS
2 MVPS

Kobe:

5 Rings
2 FMVPs
1 MVP

Boiled down:

Duncan>Kobe

Thread
06-17-2014, 09:57 PM
Nope. The dynasty starts now.

Duncan:

5 rings
3 FMVPS
2 MVPS

Kobe:

5 Rings
2 FMVPs
1 MVP

Boiled down:

Duncan>Kobe

You ain't fit for a dynasty. You gave one back a year ago. Just because Media let you off the hook don't mean squat with me...

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 5

ezau
06-17-2014, 10:01 PM
You ain't fit for a dynasty. You gave one back a year ago. Just because Media let you off the hook don't mean squat with me...

Accept defeat like a man, Cully.

Duncan:

5 rings
3 FMVPS
2 MVPS

Kobe:

5 Rings
2 FMVPs
1 MVP

Boiled down:

Duncan>Kobe

midnightpulp
06-17-2014, 10:01 PM

Cul, did this year's Spurs run stress you out like last year?

Or did you know it was over when Timmy said, "We'll do it this time" and just accepted 5 was going to happen?

Thread
06-17-2014, 10:02 PM
Accept defeat like a man, Cully.

Duncan:

5 rings
3 FMVPS
2 MVPS

Kobe:

5 Rings
2 FMVPs
1 MVP

Boiled down:

Duncan>Kobe

It will have to wait for at least another year. In the meantime:::

Thread
06-17-2014, 10:04 PM
Cul, did this year's Spurs run stress you out like last year?

Or did you know it was over when Timmy said, "We'll do it this time" and just accepted 5 was going to happen?

No. Like I said I called this 12 months ago. Hell, you won it last year. Sure Media acted like it didn't happen that way, but, a blind man could see it. The only chance I stood is if Riley had planned his way out of it. No. He stood stock still in rapt hopes that the Spurs wouldn't be there at the end. That I didn't figure. I thought he'd learned his lessons. I was mistaken.

midnightpulp
06-17-2014, 10:04 PM
It will have to wait for at least another year. In the meantime:::

How many times do you have to catch yourself from typing in 4?

tee, hee.

Clipper Nation
06-17-2014, 10:05 PM
You gave one back a year ago.
You've nary room. Your Kirby gave a 24-point lead back in 2008.

midnightpulp
06-17-2014, 10:06 PM
No. Like I said I called this 12 months ago. Hell, you won it last year. Sure Media acted like it didn't happen that way, but, a blind man could see it. The only chance I stood is if Riley had planned his way out of it. No. He stood stock still in rapt hopes that the Spurs wouldn't be there at the end. That I didn't figure. I thought he'd learned his lessons. I was mistaken.

How come media won't touch Riley?

Thread
06-17-2014, 10:07 PM
How many times do you have to catch yourself from typing in 4?

tee, hee.

Surprisingly rarely. It's deep in my psyche from the anticipation. + I hadn't typed the 5-4 in months due to my absence during my hiatus.

Thread
06-17-2014, 10:09 PM
How come media won't touch Riley?

Too much $ now. It's topsy turvy. Nickels & dimes during the 60's thru the '90's. Now it's into millions & billions. You can't fuck with that. It has to be micro controlled & centrally dispensed at those figures.

Clipper Nation
06-17-2014, 10:10 PM
Too much $ now. It's topsy turvy. Nickels & dimes during the 60's thru the '90's. Now it's into millions & billions. You can't fuck with that. It has to be micro controlled & centrally dispensed at those figures.

No wonder Media gives your Kirby a pass for The Rape, The Quits, & 48.5.

Thread
06-17-2014, 10:12 PM
No wonder Media gives your Kirby a pass for The Rape, The Quits, & 48.5.

Though they did take a TO to run to Lowe's, get some heavy duty hemp rope, drag Sterling out into the street & lynch him in broad daylight. He's about past ripe now. They could cut him down. They've had their fun.

Clipper Nation
06-17-2014, 10:15 PM
Though they did take a TO to run to Lowe's, get some heavy duty hemp rope, drag Sterling out into the street & lynch him in broad daylight.

& at the end of the day, he'll be gone soon and you'll still be stuck with Fredo.

tee, hee.

Thread
06-17-2014, 10:16 PM
& at the end of the day, he'll be gone soon and you'll still be stuck with Fredo.

tee, hee.

Perhaps, but, he'll always be hanging from that tree on this site.

Let us proceed...

Clipper Nation
06-17-2014, 10:20 PM
Perhaps, but, he'll always be hanging from that tree on this site.

Let us proceed...

& Fredo will be hanging around the bar with Chazz, discussing "scouting."

ha, ha.

ezau
06-17-2014, 10:34 PM
Hit the link and see why Duncan>Kirby

http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/DuncanInfo/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming

Thread
06-17-2014, 10:35 PM
Hit the link and see why Duncan>Kirby

http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/DuncanInfo/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming

I don't do links cept from Farmer John:::

ezau
06-17-2014, 10:36 PM
I don't do links cept from Farmer John:::

No revisionist history this time around, Dale:

Duncan:

5 rings
3 FMVPS
2 MVPS

Kobe:

5 Rings
2 FMVPs
1 MVP

Boiled down:

Duncan>Kobe

TampaDude
06-17-2014, 10:56 PM
THE FACTS:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqQS_YFIcAAFoUJ.jpg

BOILED DOWN:

DUNCAN > KOBE

TampaDude
06-17-2014, 11:02 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2100273-has-tim-duncan-surpassed-kobe-bryant-as-generations-best-superstar

kobe4life
06-17-2014, 11:51 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2100273-has-tim-duncan-surpassed-kobe-bryant-as-generations-best-superstar

Dumbass in that picture you posted above you have to factor in also the all-star game MVP's. If you put up the all-star game mvps than God easily passes up Duncan.

elmanutres
06-18-2014, 12:26 AM
Dumbass in that picture you posted above you have to factor in also the all-star game MVP's. If you put up the all-star game mvps than God easily passes up Duncan.

winning an all star game is a meaningless achievement. Being an mvp in the all star game is a meaningless achievement. The all star game is just a show. If you win it, it doesn't matter. The achievements on the pic above are the ones with meaning.

100%duncan
06-18-2014, 02:25 AM
Skip used stats, Smith tried to use some emotional point of view while conceding the facts/accomplishments/results side of it to the Duncan side. So basically he admitted Duncan was better without actually saying that.

The argument he used for Kobe was one he apparently heard from some random Detroit radio host, and as you can probably imagine due to the source, it was a poor argument that was missing historical accuracy. Basically the jist of it was, hilariously, that Kobe traveled a "harder path" to get to 5 rings. LOL. Because ringing 5x with Phil Jackson, and 3x with best/2nd best (behind Duncan, not him) player in the league in Shaq, with the richest team in the NA with no budget limit that draws free agents more than any other while receiving OKC-esque ref assistance, is somehow a "hard road".

Even more of a joke is what things he used to claim made his road hard. He claimed he "had to deal with a lot of team changes and still managed to win", citing having to "deal with" Shaq leaving as a major obstacle to overcome. Also brought up various off court and locker room drama surrounding him, and coaching changes, while saying Duncan's Spur life was drama-free.

Of course, 100% of Kobe's drama was due to Kobe. He ran coaches and players out of town, raped girls, etc. Duncan never did that shit so of course it's drama free. :lol That's like patting a fire fighter on the back when he set the fire himself.

Skip also called Duncan the most boring player in the NBA. Fan vote was like 54% in favor of Duncan being the better all timer. The gap should be way bigger, but I guess 54% is big considering how popular Kobe is and how much ESPN has been trying to ram "Kobe is GOAT" down viewers' throats for a decade.

Thank you :lmao

KaiRMD1
06-18-2014, 02:32 AM
It's funny but I dont see the need for SPur fan to keep the Kobe stuff going.
I get why Kool is doing his thing Duncan just caused a shift in the dialogue erasing 5>4 ...

But Spur fan should be reveling in the possiblity of ending another dynasty.
Pop and Tim deserve bonus credit for ending the runs of the two best teams since MJ ...

:toast ol' sport

Venti Quattro
06-18-2014, 03:28 AM
It's a hard time to be a Lakers fan these days. Kobe might miss the playoffs next year, which will dent his win-loss record. It's like the Great Depression stopped above the Lakers locker room. But hey the Kings are NHL Champs, UCLA is still the best school in California and Germany is winning the World Cup. Life goes on.

midnightpulp
06-18-2014, 03:39 AM
It's a hard time to be a Lakers fan these days. Kobe might miss the playoffs next year, which will dent his win-loss record. It's like the Great Depression stopped above the Lakers locker room. But hey the Kings are NHL Champs, UCLA is still the best school in California and Germany is winning the World Cup. Life goes on.

Dodgers seemed to have gotten their heads out of their asses and the Giants have lost 4 straight.

scanry
06-18-2014, 06:52 AM

Homerism aside, Berkley & Stanford easily tops UCLA Vent.

spurraider21
06-18-2014, 04:16 PM
Homerism aside, Berkley & Stanford easily tops UCLA Vent.
yep, not to mention CalTech

Thebesteva
06-18-2014, 04:53 PM
yep, not to mention CalTech

Boils down to

Turkey 1.5
Armenia 0

spurraider21
06-18-2014, 04:54 PM
Boils down to

Turkey 1.5
Armenia 0
Turkey is 0-1. They tried and failed.

Thebesteva
06-18-2014, 04:58 PM
Turkey is 0-1. They tried and failed.

Pity post tbh

spurraider21
06-18-2014, 05:07 PM
Pity post tbh
why, did you start another thread?

TVI
06-18-2014, 07:09 PM
This has to be one of the dumbest fucking comments I've read on this subject yet.

kobe4life
06-18-2014, 07:12 PM
You also have to factor in God's scoring titles along with him being only the 4th player to have 30,000 are more points in NBA history. These accomplishments put him ahead of Duncan.

TVI
06-18-2014, 08:36 PM
Phil >>> P;) p
“I’ve never seen a better coach than Gregg Popovich.” - Jerry West (a.k.a "The Logo")

LkrFan
06-18-2014, 08:46 PM
“I’ve never seen a better coach than Gregg Popovich.” - Jerry West (a.k.a "The Logo")

It's well documented: Logo does NOT like Phil Jackson. -10 points son. :lol

Clipper Nation
06-18-2014, 08:52 PM
Have the Lakers hired Byr:loln Sc:loltt yet, Yovani? :lol

LkrFan
06-18-2014, 10:23 PM
Have the Lakers hired Byr:loln Sc:loltt yet, Yovani? :lol
:lol

N:(t yet

Johnsyounger
06-19-2014, 04:05 PM
Kirby got robbed of an MVP or 2. But Kings got robbed in 2002. Tammy did it with less, way less.

Boiled down Tammy>Kirby. Its not really even close tbh.....

Thread
06-19-2014, 06:01 PM
Kirby got robbed of an MVP or 2. But Kings got robbed in 2002. Tammy did it with less, way less.

Boiled down Tammy>Kirby. Its not really even close tbh.....

Fine. You hold that. Me? I'm dancin' naked with who brung me:::

ezau
06-19-2014, 10:56 PM
Fine. You hold that. Me? I'm dancin' naked with who brung me:::

Here you are again with your revisionist history bullshit. It's Duncan>Kobe now. Let us proceed Cul.

scanry
06-19-2014, 11:40 PM
The shit bag is firmly attached to Kobe like cancer. Ain't an achilles torn 36 year old nicca goinna beat cancer.

I was watching the Bad Boys Pistons documentary on NBA TV today and realized Isiah retired the moment he tore his achilles. Dude was just 32 though. However the game was so mentally draining in those days and no wonder David Stern wanted to go away from the physical play. BTW watching SGs going ISO after ISO makes me appreciate Pop's system all the more.

If the league follows Pop, he'll reach cult status in a year or two.

DMC
06-20-2014, 08:58 AM

Phil puts fine parts together and makes them work, like a mechanic. Pop is the craftsman who finds raw material and crafts from it a fine part, custom made to fit into the machine he's built. Phil never accepted the challenge of developing a player or a team. He's only signed on to teams that were built to win already.

Thread
06-20-2014, 09:37 AM
Here you are again with your revisionist history bullshit. It's Duncan>Kobe now. Let us proceed Cul.

The shit bag is firmly attached to Kobe like cancer. Ain't an achilles torn 36 year old nicca goinna beat cancer.

Boiled down:::

LkrFan
06-20-2014, 10:16 AM
Phil puts fine parts together and makes them work, like a mechanic. Pop is the craftsman who finds raw material and crafts from it a fine part, custom made to fit into the machine he's built. Phil never accepted the challenge of developing a player or a team. He's only signed on to teams that were built to win already.

Not that I disagree, but explain the 57 wins and game 7 of the ECF birth he led them to while MJ was playing baseball. Their SG that year? Pete Myers.

This is also another reason why Pip is the greatest SF in NBA history - at least in my eyes.

No one can tell me they would not have beaten Houston that year if they got by the Knicks.

Pop is a great coach, I still have to pay homages to Phillip Jackson.

Clipper Nation
06-20-2014, 10:28 AM
Not that I disagree, but explain the 57 wins and game 7 of the ECF birth he led them to while MJ was playing baseball. Their SG that year? Pete Myers.

This is also another reason why Pip is the greatest SF in NBA history - at least in my eyes.

No one can tell me they would not have beaten Houston that year if they got by the Knicks.

Pippen isn't the greatest SF ever, but he did carry Air JaundicePERIOD :lol

Gummi Clutch
06-20-2014, 10:30 AM
:toast ol' sport
bringing the hammer down on ST again I see :toast

jjktkk
06-20-2014, 10:49 AM

This.

jjktkk
06-20-2014, 10:52 AM

Jacksons a great coach, but maybe he didn't want the trouble of developing younger players, role players, etc... No shame in that.

LkrFan
06-20-2014, 10:54 AM
Pippen isn't the greatest SF ever, but he did carry Air JaundicePERIOD :lol

:lol

Pip is the greatest most versatile defender I've ever seen. I bet he would lock LeBron down. Easily. LeBron can't post him up: his back to the basket game ain't good enough (neither is his footwork). Can't blow by him. Pip's speed, lateral quickness, 7'4" wingspan and hops would cancel out many of the advantages LeBron enjoys against weak defenders.

Clipper Nation
06-20-2014, 11:07 AM
Pip is the greatest most versatile defender I've ever seen. I bet he would lock LeBron down. Easily. LeBron can't post him up: his back to the basket game ain't good enough (neither is his footwork). Can't blow by him. Pip's speed, lateral quickness, 7'4" wingspan and hops would cancel out many of the advantages LeBron enjoys against weak defenders.
Boiled down:::Dad Killer would be too scared to guard LeBron (and get torched), so it'd be up to Alpha Pippen to do it for him :downspin:

LkrFan
06-20-2014, 11:20 AM
Boiled down:::Dad Killer would be too scared to guard LeBron (and get torched), so it'd be up to Alpha Pippen to do it for him :downspin:
:lol - no arguments here son

ezau
06-20-2014, 11:29 AM

Nope, nope. It's Duncan>Kobe now. Let us proceed.

DMC
06-20-2014, 02:15 PM

Scotty Pippen is all that. MJ is a bit overrated because of it, and Scotty one of the most underrated players ever.

Infinite_limit
06-20-2014, 02:34 PM
Scotty Pippen is all that. MJ is a bit overrated because of it, and Scotty one of the most underrated players ever.
As a Bulls fan, Scottie simply didn't have the clutchness or consistent offensive game to be a TOP5 player for an extended period of time. IMO, playing against Jordan in practice helped his defense reach GOAT class but it also stunt his offensive game. Overall it probably helped him become a more well rounded player which helped he become a Point-Forward later in his career

Pippen missed key free throws. Granted he took few last second game winning shots but he made few of them as well. And of course the Kukoc vs Knicks episode.

So in conclusion I just can't put Pippen as greatest SF. I'd take Grant Hill in his prime over Scottie for example. But in those "Building a Best Team" discussions Pippen is ideal because he doesn't have to dominate the ball or even touch it to make an impact.

Thread
06-20-2014, 03:39 PM
Pippen played scared because he was scared. There would be instances and extended time frames where he'd function, but, even when he was with Jordan he'd become incapacitated for stretches of time.

& the parallel is James Worthy for the Lakers.

KaiRMD1
06-20-2014, 08:22 PM

Everytime I see this, all I see is Duncan>Kobe
:toast

DMC
06-20-2014, 08:39 PM
And Dale knows it too, because Tim is still a contender....

Thread
06-20-2014, 09:07 PM
Everytime I see this, all I see is Duncan>Kobe

Of course. I expect nothing different. But, alas, you fucked up last June. Don't be mincin' around your old dad looking for mercy. Watch your P's, keep close tabs on your Q's & perhaps this time next year I'll be making the pilgrimage out to Los Angeles with the bag.

Thread
06-20-2014, 09:09 PM
And Dale knows it too, because Tim is still a contender....

[contender] is a means to the end. Without the end, it ain't worth a plug nickel.

By God, the next time you're up 5 at 28 seconds in a close out you'll know better.

KaiRMD1
06-20-2014, 09:14 PM
Of course. I expect nothing different. But, alas, you fucked up last June. Don't be mincin' around your old dad looking for mercy. Watch your P's, keep close tabs on your Q's & perhaps this time next year I'll be making the pilgrimage out to Los Angeles with the bag.

Kobe<Duncan

Thread
06-20-2014, 09:16 PM

Crawl, motherfucker, get your panties off & crawl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KaiRMD1
06-20-2014, 09:44 PM
Duncan, motherfucker, is better than Kobe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DMC
06-20-2014, 11:13 PM
[contender] is a means to the end. Without the end, it ain't worth a plug nickel.

By God, the next time you're up 5 at 28 seconds in a close out you'll know better.

Next time you have a crippled chucker at your desk you won't dump your entire franchise in his lap, nor will you hire Mike D over Phil... then you can stick around and chew fat with the group instead of being a fucking reclusive twat all post season again.

Just kidding.. you will.

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

Splits
06-20-2014, 11:16 PM

Without 6, 5 doesn't exist.

ezau
06-20-2014, 11:17 PM

Dale, take it a like a man. It's Duncan>Kobe after June 14, 2014. Let us proceed.

Thread
06-20-2014, 11:58 PM
Without 6, 5 doesn't exist.

My ass. They're stand alone entities. They've no relation to one another. They're not linked.

Thread
06-20-2014, 11:59 PM
Dale, take it a like a man. It's Duncan>Kobe after June 14, 2014. Let us proceed.

You fucked up last June. I told you then that there would be no turning back. By God, I mean't it, Ease.

Kool Bob Love
06-21-2014, 12:00 AM

I'll take 6 if the gods of basketball give Duncan 6 with the repeat. Give and take remember?

Thread
06-21-2014, 12:07 AM
I'll take 6 if the gods of basketball give Duncan 6 with the repeat. Give and take remember?

6 is not voluntary. It's compulsory. The give/take regimen does not apply.

scanry
06-21-2014, 02:14 AM
I think the majority of the Spurs fans have found peace from last year. I'm not saying they'll be content with 5, but if 6 happens, it's a bonus. Unlike Kobe, our franchise player is not a sociopath. He'll retire happily next year without overstaying his visit. Kobe on the other hand though giving the Lakers a 15% discount from his last contract was a way to reload. Boy was he wrong.

Thread
06-21-2014, 07:30 AM
I think the majority of the Spurs fans have found peace from last year. I'm not saying they'll be content with 5, but if 6 happens, it's a bonus. Unlike Kobe, our franchise player is not a sociopath. He'll retire happily next year without overstaying his visit. Kobe on the other hand though giving the Lakers a 15% discount from his last contract was a way to reload. Boy was he wrong.

It was 20% and based on 25/6/6 and your Duncan ain't no angel. He moved his boyfriend in over there and conducted a homosexual affair with him while hiding behind his wife's skirts for years. Then when she blew the whistle on his gay ass the whore she is took the money and shut her mouth.

& daddy, last June is forever.

UZER
06-21-2014, 07:55 AM
I was impressed. He handled it well. Waited a few days before speaking which was wise. He's got two in this LeBron Time. That is an indisputable fact. I don't do the "We've been to the Finals 4 times." thing though. Though this is going to be pounded in by ESPN, thru the auspices of Cowherd and the affiliates along the line.

You fucked up last June. I told you then that there would be no turning back. By God, I mean't it, Ease.

6 is not voluntary. It's compulsory. The give/take regimen does not apply.

Is it still horseshit?

Thread
06-21-2014, 07:57 AM
Is it still horseshit?

Absolute horseshit. There is no second place. You either ring, or, you're 1 of 29.

UZER
06-21-2014, 08:47 AM
Absolute horseshit. There is no second place. You either ring, or, you're 1 of 29.

Dammit Dale, everyone knows that here. You think youre preaching gospel with that?

You saw the end coming. You saw 5-5 in your sleep. Now youre hanging on to 6 like you went to Polk High.

Thread
06-21-2014, 08:51 AM
Dammit Dale, everyone knows that here. You think youre preaching gospel with that?

You saw the end coming. You saw 5-5 in your sleep. Now youre hanging on to 6 like you went to Polk High.

I don't have to hang onto it. It's there. It will always be there. You fucked up. I told you then.

I've no sympathy for you. The next time you're up 5 at 28 seconds in a close out you'll act accordingly.

UZER
06-21-2014, 08:58 AM
I don't have to hang onto it. It's there. It will always be there. You fucked up. I told you then.

I've no sympathy for you. The next time you're up 5 at 28 seconds in a close out you'll act accordingly.

Yawn

Kool Bob Love
06-21-2014, 11:42 AM

http://youtu.be/Jfmg5vzotLE

Thread
06-21-2014, 12:00 PM
Yawn

Well, shit, you're up 5 with 28 seconds left and you fucked it up. I'm supposed to act like I don't see it? Please. If that happened to me you'd harangue me into the grave.

Lettin' Bosh take your cookie like that & then he ate it.

LMAO!!!

UZER
06-21-2014, 12:53 PM
Well, shit, you're up 5 with 28 seconds left and you fucked it up. I'm supposed to act like I don't see it? Please. If that happened to me you'd harangue me into the grave.

Lettin' Bosh take your cookie like that & then he ate it.

LMAO!!!

It did happen "to you" in the 84 finals. Nobody ever brings that up but you. You're chasing windmills.

ezau
06-21-2014, 12:55 PM

Come on, Dale, stop playing around. It's Duncan>Kobe now and deep in your heart you know this.

Infinite_limit
06-21-2014, 01:07 PM
Kobe's contract while Duncan was battling for Championships will be the lasting image of the two

Thread
06-21-2014, 01:25 PM
It did happen "to you" in the 84 finals. Nobody ever brings that up but you. You're chasing windmills.

They bring it up all the time, but, there is no equating the two. Ours was never in the case. Your's was.

Thread
06-21-2014, 01:25 PM
Kobe's contract while Duncan was battling for Championships will be the lasting image of the two

Duncan giving one back will be an image as well we'll hold onto.

Clipper Nation
06-21-2014, 01:31 PM
Though you deflect whenever Kirby giving Daddy's ring away to the enemy is brought up.

UZER
06-21-2014, 01:32 PM
They bring it up all the time, but, there is no equating the two. Ours was never in the case. Your's was.

:lol you're a lost cause man.

Thread
06-21-2014, 01:37 PM
Though you deflect whenever Kirby giving Daddy's ring away to the enemy is brought up.

We got skunked. Yours was in the fucking case last June and you had to go and get it and give to the Heat.

Thread
06-21-2014, 01:38 PM
:lol you're a lost cause man.

Your capitulation is duly noted.

DMC
06-21-2014, 06:19 PM

Didn't you learn anything from Kenny Rogers? You never count money at the table. You did, you were wrong, now you act as if an event undid itself. The game wasn't over, the series wasn't over, we just had a 5 point lead with obviously enough time left to give up 5 points. Hell we gave up 13 points to TMac in just a few seconds.

Spurs have given up 5 point runs in less time than 28 seconds before. Why is this one not just a 5 point run?

Thread
06-21-2014, 07:01 PM
Didn't you learn anything from Kenny Rogers? You never count money at the table. You did, you were wrong, now you act as if an event undid itself. The game wasn't over, the series wasn't over, we just had a 5 point lead with obviously enough time left to give up 5 points. Hell we gave up 13 points to TMac in just a few seconds.

Spurs have given up 5 point runs in less time than 28 seconds before. Why is this one not just a 5 point run?

It was in the case, D. Christ, you fucked up. So what. We all fuck up. It's a wound, an open gash that was never sutured, but, it's closed, the scar tissue rough and jagged. We all have wounds in our lives. Yours just happens to be from regular life & 6.

You're just fortunate you did it to yourself. They didn't do it to ya. They couldn't beat you the best day of their lives and they knew it. And you knew it. That's why last Sunday was imminent and matter of temporal exhaustion. That is not your redemption, but, your salvation. That keeps you from "taking up the gun and turning it on yourself."

spurraider21
06-21-2014, 08:03 PM
6 was a disaster, but what better course of redemption than to return to the big dance, only to utterly destroy the 2 time champs?

End of the day Cub, it's 5:5, with all the tiebreakers going to Tim, who has never held his team back in the same manner Kobe has been doing.

You can keep harping on 6... You can keep bringing up Pop's system even though you never resorted to such before, but you know it's all a big coverup from 5-5... As you always say, all that matters is making the playoffs and winning your last game. Kobe has nothing on Duncan and you know it

DMC
06-21-2014, 08:35 PM
It was in the case, D. Christ, you fucked up. So what. We all fuck up. It's a wound, an open gash that was never sutured, but, it's closed, the scar tissue rough and jagged. We all have wounds in our lives. Yours just happens to be from regular life & 6.

You're just fortunate you did it to yourself. They didn't do it to ya. They couldn't beat you the best day of their lives and they knew it. And you knew it. That's why last Sunday was imminent and matter of temporal exhaustion. That is not your redemption, but, your salvation. That keeps you from "taking up the gun and turning it on yourself."

The psychology you're trying to use to establish this schtick is pedestrian; Make a false statement, claim it doesn't matter just so you can establish that statement for posterity. Nuh uh. If you go back to last June you'll see my take on it and it's accurate and has been my stance consistently. The game was lost in OT. We never had it in the bag. It was tough, sure, but we didn't give it back regardless how it felt to you or anyone else.

Clipper Nation
06-21-2014, 08:41 PM
We got skunked.

& that's because your Kirby lodged this:::

Kirby's averages from the 2004 Finals:
2004: 22.6 ppg, 4.4 apg, 2.8 rpg, 1.8 steals, .6 blocks, 3.6 turnovers, 38% shooting

Daddy's averages from the 2004 Finals:
2004: 26.6 ppg, 10.8 rpg, 1.6 apg, .6 blocks, 63.1% shooting

Daddy tried to put that trophy in the case, but your Kirby chucked it across enemy lines at a 38% clip. Christ almighty!

Thread
06-21-2014, 08:52 PM
The psychology you're trying to use to establish this schtick is pedestrian; Make a false statement, claim it doesn't matter just so you can establish that statement for posterity. Nuh uh. If you go back to last June you'll see my take on it and it's accurate and has been my stance consistently. The game was lost in OT. We never had it in the bag. It was tough, sure, but we didn't give it back regardless how it felt to you or anyone else.

I remember. But, you cocooned then and you remain ensconced there. 28 seconds and up 5. It was over. But, your coach knew better and fucked it up. D, you obviously need what you're selling. God bless ya, son. I've never been there. I never had to go to the case and give one back. It'd probably kill me.

Clipper Nation
06-21-2014, 08:55 PM
But, your coach knew better and fucked it up.

& your shooting guard knew better and lodged this beaut:

Kirby's averages from the 2004 Finals:
2004: 22.6 ppg, 4.4 apg, 2.8 rpg, 1.8 steals, .6 blocks, 3.6 turnovers, 38% shooting

Daddy's averages from the 2004 Finals:
2004: 26.6 ppg, 10.8 rpg, 1.6 apg, .6 blocks, 63.1% shooting
You're light one that was supposedly destined to go in the case, all because of your Kirby. Your regrets are your own.

midnightpulp
06-21-2014, 09:01 PM
I remember. But, you cocooned then and you remain ensconced there. 28 seconds and up 5. It was over. But, your coach knew better and fucked it up. D, you obviously need what you're selling. God bless ya, son. I've never been there. I never had to go to the case and give one back. It'd probably kill me.

http://millercards.net/im_ia_large/ia339.jpg

Thread
06-21-2014, 09:03 PM
6 was a disaster, but what better course of redemption than to return to the big dance, only to utterly destroy the 2 time champs?

End of the day Cub, it's 5:5, with all the tiebreakers going to Tim, who has never held his team back in the same manner Kobe has been doing.

You can keep harping on 6... You can keep bringing up Pop's system even though you never resorted to such before, but you know it's all a big coverup from 5-5... As you always say, all that matters is making the playoffs and winning your last game. Kobe has nothing on Duncan and you know it

I admire his system. I wish we had that system and it worked like it works for you.

& I called the ball last June for this June. It was me, bub. I ain't like you guys. The truth is the truth. I didn't repudiate the Spurs last June because I hate them like you'd a done if the tables were turned. No. I saw what had transpired and immediately cited it. And I wasn't alone, by God. But, I was alone to call it last June. Now, NOW everybody calls it this June. Yeah, the motherfuckers. And I'll tell ya why. That way they got two bites at the apple. First bite was a clean bite, an exclusive bite for Miami. They waited until this June to get the second bite by permitting the Spurs to expectorate they're umbrage for what befell them last June. Well, fuck me. I said all that a year ago. I was first. And by God I was exclusive.

Now, as to the 5-5, I told you guys last June before the Finals what the rules were. You had the stars aligned and dotted all the i's and the t's and I was preparing the Caddy for the trip to L.A.

"You're driving there with what?" - Girl

"I haven't got time, Katie. This is something I have to do. I made promises. I have to go. Now make me a goose liver sandwich and pipe the fuck down."

28 seconds later, hat in hand I pulled the Caddy back in the garage, grabbed the goose liver and headed for the CPU.

The bag stays where I chartered it. And that is just the way it's gonna be.

Now,

Let us proceed...

midnightpulp
06-21-2014, 09:11 PM
I admire his system. I wish we had that system and it worked like it works for you.

& I called the ball last June for this June. It was me, bub. I ain't like you guys. The truth is the truth. I didn't repudiate the Spurs last June because I hate them like you'd a done if the tables were turned. No. I saw what had transpired and immediately cited it. And I wasn't alone, by God. But, I was alone to call it last June. Now, NOW everybody calls it this June. Yeah, the motherfuckers. And I'll tell ya why. That way they got two bites at the apple. First bite was a clean bite, an exclusive bite for Miami. They waited until this June to get the second bite by permitting the Spurs to expectorate they're umbrage for what befell them last June. Well, fuck me. I said all that a year ago. I was first. And by God I was exclusive.

Now, as to the 5-5, I told you guys last June before the Finals what the rules were. You had the stars aligned and dotted all the i's and the t's and I was preparing the Caddy for the trip to L.A.

"I haven't got time, Katie. This is something I have to do. I made promises. I have to go. Now make me a goose liver sandwich and pipe the fuck down."

28 seconds later, hat in hand I pulled the Caddy back in the garage, grabbed the goose liver and headed for the CPU.

Now,

Let us proceed...

Just doesn't have the same ring to it without Duncan at 4.

It feels forced now. Desperate. The words feel limp entering the ear, where they once had punch.

Thread
06-21-2014, 09:12 PM
Just doesn't have the same ring to it without Duncan at 4.

It feels forced now. Desperate. The words feel limp entering the ear, where they once had punch.

Sure, it ain't 5-4, but, I abide the rules. You fuckers won't.

spurraider21
06-21-2014, 09:18 PM
You change the rules at your convenience, and it loses it's effect. The simplicity of 5-4 annoyed even the most disciplined of fans... But lodging the system feels really forced especially considering the lakers resounding lack OC success outside of Phil's system

Thread
06-21-2014, 09:24 PM
You change the rules at your convenience, and it loses it's effect. The simplicity of 5-4 annoyed even the most disciplined of fans... But lodging the system feels really forced especially considering the lakers resounding lack OC success outside of Phil's system

Phil's was not a system, it was an offensive set. This is old ground, but, I'll trod it again, you stubborn thing, you:::Pop's system is all encompassing, from the negotiating table, to the PR room, to the locker room, to the court, to the executive offices, on & on. What, what the fuck do you want me to do, repudiate it like you did our back-to-back? No. Absolutely not. If I do that then I'm like you guys. I ain't like you guys. The truth is the truth. I have no control over it. I just see it and state it. I don't hide from it like you fellows do. I'd admire it though it was something I did not want and I loathed. If you can't see the freedom in that then I feel sorry for you.

spurraider21
06-21-2014, 09:28 PM
Phil's was not a system, it was an offensive set. This is old ground, but, I'll trod it again, you stubborn thing, you:::Pop's system is all encompassing, from the negotiating table, to the PR room, to the locker room, to the court, to the executive offices, on & on. What, what the fuck do you want me to do, repudiate it like you did our back-to-back? No. Absolutely not. If I do that then I'm like you guys. I ain't like you guys. The truth is the truth. I have no control over it. I just see it and state it. I don't hide from it like you fellows do. I'd admire it though it was something I did not want and I loathed. If you can't see the freedom in that then I feel sorry for you.
When the lakers got their last two, they deserved itPERIOD. You won't find a post of mine saying otherwise. I never brought up a system to deme grate the achievements of the individuals. It's just fascinating that you've waited until Duncan-5 to lodge the system card even though you never had before.

Thread
06-21-2014, 09:46 PM
When the lakers got their last two, they deserved itPERIOD. You won't find a post of mine saying otherwise. I never brought up a system to deme grate the achievements of the individuals. It's just fascinating that you've waited until Duncan-5 to lodge the system card even though you never had before.

Because it never worked, 21.

The acquisition of Leonard and his development was the catalyst for me to cite the system. I cautioned my fellows a year ago that he was going to be a problem. The rendering of Diaw was another catalyst that Pop mined over the course of two seasons. The belief in Splitter and the delivery by him cannot be discounted. The Socialistic approach to money and playing time is how Socialism performs in a vacuum. These are crops of Pop's system and the harvest extracted.

DMC
06-21-2014, 10:36 PM
It was 20% and based on 25/6/6 and your Duncan ain't no angel. He moved his boyfriend in over there and conducted a homosexual affair with him while hiding behind his wife's skirts for years. Then when she blew the whistle on his gay ass the whore she is took the money and shut her mouth.

& daddy, last June is forever.

So is it about winning your last game or is it about your personal life...or about your regular season stats? Make up your feeble mind.

DMC
06-21-2014, 10:39 PM
What is "deme grate"? Do you mean "denigrate" or are you using some fancy Latin terms?

spurraider21
06-21-2014, 10:48 PM
What is "deme grate"? Do you mean "denigrate" or are you using some fancy Latin terms?
Probably typed it wrong and my phone went haywire with the spell check tbh

Clipper Nation
06-21-2014, 10:50 PM
Once again, you're being chickenshit. This "system" excuse you're lodging is just a desperate shield 'twixt you & the shit sandwich.

Let us proceed....

DMC
06-21-2014, 11:26 PM
Probably typed it wrong and my phone went haywire with the spell check tbh

I thought I learned some new legal term.

DMC
06-21-2014, 11:27 PM

lol didn't see this.

In a nutshell: "Your team only won because you have a gimmick, but I won't mention it".

spurraider21
06-22-2014, 12:00 AM
I thought I learned some new legal term.
Sorry to disappoint. When I start late august I can pm you with updates if you wish

Thread
06-22-2014, 12:06 AM
lol didn't see this.

In a nutshell: "Your team only won because you have a gimmick, but I won't mention it".

No, you're wrong. I envy that system, wish we could successfully institute such a system. I salute you for it.

& it is indeed comical that a bevy of teams say they're going to run such a system in the aftermath of the Finals. Right now. Just like that With a snap of thumb and middle finger, viola!!! It is a testament to the system and to it's creator that it looks that easy to install. He stayed with it, rebuilt it, refined it and he can now reap the awards commensurate with that work. Years it took. And the stars align for the second time in 12 months. You've not only crested the prime of your system, but, the rest of league is suffering a depression with it's standard bearer the Heat in utter chaos.

I'll be arriving in L.A. just about a year from now with the bag.

DMC
06-22-2014, 12:23 AM
No, you're wrong. I envy that system, wish we could successfully institute such a system. I salute you for it.

& it is indeed comical that a bevy of teams say they're going to run such a system in the aftermath of the Finals. Right now. Just like that With a snap of thumb and middle finger, viola!!! It is a testament to the system and to it's creator that it looks that easy to install. He stayed with it, rebuilt it, refined it and he can now reap the awards commensurate with that work. Years it took. And the stars align for the second time in 12 months. You've not only crested the prime of your system, but, the rest of league is suffering a depression with it's standard bearer the Heat in utter chaos.

I'll be arriving in L.A. just about a year from now with the bag.

Then I digress, though the bag thing sits with you. Take it where you like.

It's like Kimbo Slice thinking he can fight MMA if he trains for 6 months, and gets destroyed by an undercard guy because the washed up fighter he was to fight was injured. You're spot on though, teams cannot just change their culture because of what the Spurs did. If the Spurs won several games in a few years doing it, sure... but the Spurs haven't been THAT successful with this iteration until recently, and surely teams can see that the Heat waltzed to the Finals with almost zero competition. The Mavs took the Spurs to the wire as an 8th seed, so it's not like the Spurs are unbeatable. Also, superstars and controversy sell tickets and copy. No LA fans want to see a quiet star with a group of foreigners passing the ball around like the Globetrotters. They want heavy stats, MVPs, scoring titles... and a championship. They want the super team concept, and franchise owners give fans what they want. One LA team though needs to consider the game itself, and play the right way. I see the Lakers doing that before the Clippers, even though I don't know anything about the new owner.

The Spurs have the ability to change with the times, with the rules, and they have a coach and GM who you can't just clone and drop into an office in downtown Manhattan. Finally, they also don't have the media or fan pressure to make sudden changes that eventually hurt the team's chances.

Biernutz
06-22-2014, 12:46 AM
what really happened in LA

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/kobe3_zps24fc4581.jpg

ezau
06-22-2014, 02:07 AM

:lol Why would that be? Duncan redeemed himself to unequivocally put himself in the Top 5 All-Time list last June 14, 2014. Don't forget that date Dale.

ezau
06-22-2014, 02:11 AM

Now,

Let us proceed...

Until Kobe wins a ring, MVP, or Finals MVP, Duncan>Kobe. Let us proceed Cub.