PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Dwayne Wade

xellos88330
06-16-2014, 11:48 PM
That dude wasn't trying to play basketball. He was trying to bait for fouls every time he went for a shot. If he would have shot it first to begin with, it would have made it more effective. I have never seen that dude use the same pump fake and attempt to step into the defender so much in my life. It was ridiculous!!! Perhaps it isn't because I don't watch the Heat enough, but man.... that shit was painful to watch.

Thoughts on why he was doing this? Hurt? Needing ref help? Attempting to cause foul trouble???

Malik Hairston
06-16-2014, 11:50 PM
He's always been great at drawing fouls, but he's at the point where he doesn't have the confidence to beat defenders with his athleticism anymore, so he's relying on veteran moves like head fakes, etc..

IrisHockey
06-16-2014, 11:57 PM
He went from rejecting that nigga Tyson Chandler at the rim years back to getting rejected by soft Splitter..

xellos88330
06-17-2014, 12:22 AM
He's always been great at drawing fouls, but he's at the point where he doesn't have the confidence to beat defenders with his athleticism anymore, so he's relying on veteran moves like head fakes, etc..

I understand that just fine, but why was he trying to bait virtually every time he caught the ball by using the pump fake. He drew a few of them, but it wasn't nearly enough when the better alternative would have been to just pass the ball and stop wasting shot clock, or put up the shot to make the fake more effective.

Thread
06-17-2014, 12:30 AM
He didn't want to fight for it. He wanted it handed to him, for the Spurs to roll over. When that didn't happen he was almost relieved, he could surrender to his baser instincts to "quit" to not "resist." And perhaps if it hadn't been the Spurs to show up there he could have Bogarted his way to a triple. But, not against the Spurs, they were already lit from last June. Bad matchup for the Heat.

Thread
06-17-2014, 12:31 AM
I understand that just fine, but why was he trying to bait virtually every time he caught the ball by using the pump fake. He drew a few of them, but it wasn't nearly enough when the better alternative would have been to just pass the ball and stop wasting shot clock, or put up the shot to make the fake more effective.

Because he had the back-to-back in his pocket and most importantly, he had the kicker from '06 sans James on the mantle at home.

Red Hawk #21
06-17-2014, 12:35 AM
Me and my coworkers were having this same discussion earlier. It was pathetic watching him trying to pump fake and jump into people. Dude wasn't even trying to score but rather to get some cheap call and get to the FT line. Fucking pathetic. This dude should have been working hard on his 3point Shot, his post moves and floaters years ago. Instead he continued to attack with reckless abandon and now it has caught up to him big time.

Buddy Mignon
06-17-2014, 12:36 AM
Because he had the back-to-back in his pocket and most importantly, he had the kicker from '06 sans James on the mantle at home.

James feels that thorn in his side, too.

Thread
06-17-2014, 12:40 AM
James feels that thorn in his side, too.

Yep, it's between them. Just human though, natural, like Smith sittin' on that TnT set with Barkley and Charles doesn't have it.

Thread
06-17-2014, 12:42 AM
Me and my coworkers were having this same discussion earlier. It was pathetic watching him trying to pump fake and jump into people. Dude wasn't even trying to score but rather to get some cheap call and get to the FT line. Fucking pathetic. [[[[[[This dude should have been working hard on his 3point Shot,]]]]]] his post moves and floaters years ago. Instead he continued to attack with reckless abandon and now it has caught up to him big time.

Absolutely!!! It was glaring.

ElNono
06-17-2014, 12:43 AM
I'll be shocked if he walks away from the $20m he's due next season, tbh...

Although if there's a guy that can pull it off, it's Pat Riley...

Malik Hairston
06-17-2014, 12:44 AM
He didn't want to fight for it. He wanted it handed to him, for the Spurs to roll over. When that didn't happen he was almost relieved, he could surrender to his baser instincts to "quit" to not "resist." And perhaps if it hadn't been the Spurs to show up there he could have Bogarted his way to a triple. But, not against the Spurs, they were already lit from last June. Bad matchup for the Heat.

Do you make the 10-year old boys fight for it, tbh?..

Franklin
06-17-2014, 03:54 AM
Just to live up to his namesake imho. It's hilarious that people put a guard who can't shoot on the top10 all time list of shooting guards, tbh. Even the prime D-Whistle was no more than a rich man's Rajon Rondo tbh.

Mori Chu
06-17-2014, 04:32 AM
He never learned how to shoot, and now it's costing him as his wheels give out. He will never get it back.

LkrFan
06-17-2014, 05:30 AM
43.8% in the Finals. Outplayed by Danny Green. I put the fact that they could only muster one win squarely on his shoulders.

Been telling y'all he ain't shit without FTAs. Pop knew it. Then he exposed his punkass.

Jacob1983
06-18-2014, 02:54 AM
Wade is a mere mortal without help from the refs.