PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Evaluating the super teams

ambchang
06-17-2014, 07:16 AM
As much as people like to talk about the demise of the Heat (which I think is premature), we should look back and see how successful the super team was by comparing them to other super teams.

97-99 Rockets
Years together: 2
Finals appearances: 0
Titles: 0
HoFers (Likely): 3. Hakeem, Barkley, Drexler/Pippen
Comments: First of many failed superteams. Added in first edit.

03-04 Lakers
Years together: 1
Finals appearances: 1
HoFers (Likely): 4. Shaq, Kobe, Malone, Payton
Comments: one of the most epic fails

08-12 Celtics
Years together: 4
Finals appearances: 2
Titles: 1
HoFers (Likely): 3. Pierce, Garnett, Allen. Rondo isn't there yet
Comments: It was built as a collection of mercenaries, and it did what they were expected to do.

08-12 Lakers
Finals appearances: 3
Titles: 2
HoFers (Likely): 2. MVPau, Kobe.
Comments: The best 4th quarter in elimination game FT shooting team of the bunch. Tough to beat.

12-13 Lakers
HoFers (Likely): 4. MVPau, Kobe, Dwight, Nash
Comments: THE most epic fail in NBA history

10-14 Heat
Finals appearances: 4
HoFers (Likely): 3. Lebron, Wade, Allen. Bosh is a maybe, around Rondo level.
Comments: I'd say they are the most successful of all super teams. 4 finals appearances in 4 years.

13-14 Nyets
HoFers (Likely): 3. Pierce, Garnett + a couple of allstars
Comments: Looked a lot better on paper than on the court. Added in first edit.

Killakobe81
06-17-2014, 07:45 AM
LOL 2008-2012 Lakers as a "SUPER" TEAM.
I know that win was a life changer but your meter has been stuck on stupid since yall rang.
I Also dont see the 2012-2013 as a super team either you can check with DPG and El but I only predicted a WCF. They failed to even do that but dont know how a "SUPER TEAM" that wa snot even favored to win a title (heat were the clear Vegas favorites) could be a "super team". DO agree they failed miserable, but only basketball idiots and blind homers had that team was winning a title.
YOu dont seem like a hoops moron I actually think you are one of the brighter posters but what a shitty take. And I know you troll but your best jobs are the ones not so blatantly bailing.
And why take the time to troll when your topic was actually pretty good.

Although I know all recent champs get overrated, I do believe that the Spurs of 2014 deserve epic praise. Not a SUPER team but one of the BEST teams we have seen. Heat were a great SUPER team but lack of depth and age struck them down. Tha is no knock on the SPurs because they had the talent, depth and hoops IQ to punish them for it.

TDMVPDPOY
06-17-2014, 09:00 AM
i dont know how u can say miami is successful what they played in the pathetic easts playoffs...

the teams they face in the eastern playoffs should be cakewalks for them, yet they get pushed to +4 games by the likes of hawks, and whoever, there only challenge was the pacers who are all hype

while the wests u see teams sweeping +50 win teams in any round, put those teams in the easts and they be sweeping those bottom feeeder teams who have no business being in the playoffs...

100%duncan
06-17-2014, 09:14 AM
08-12 shouldn't be there. MVPau isn't superteam.

Gummi Clutch
06-17-2014, 09:15 AM
LOL 2008-2012 Lakers as a "SUPER" TEAM.
I know that win was a life changer but your meter has been stuck on stupid since yall rang.
I Also dont see the 2012-2013 as a super team either you can check with DPG and El but I only predicted a WCF. They failed to even do that but dont know how a "SUPER TEAM" that wa snot even favored to win a title (heat were the clear Vegas favorites) could be a "super team". DO agree they failed miserable, but only basketball idiots and blind homers had that team was winning a title.
YOu dont seem like a hoops moron I actually think you are one of the brighter posters but what a shitty take. And I know you troll but your best jobs are the ones not so blatantly bailing.
And why take the time to troll when your topic was actually pretty good.

Although I know all recent champs get overrated, I do believe that the Spurs of 2014 deserve epic praise. Not a SUPER team but one of the BEST teams we have seen. Heat were a great SUPER team but lack of depth and age struck them down. Tha is no knock on the SPurs because they had the talent, depth and hoops IQ to punish them for it.
calm down, he meant super in terms of talent. He is right, no need to get salty.

FkLA
06-17-2014, 09:24 AM
08-12 Lakers arent a superteam. The MVPau trade was sketchy but the rest of the pieces were acquired over time. They dont fit the mold of the other superteams that formed overnight. The 12-13 Lakers otoh are absolutely one despite what Killa says.

Also I lol'd at Bosh possibly making the HOF. Unless something drastic changes I dont see how he would even sniff it tbh.

100%duncan
06-17-2014, 09:28 AM
imo a super team should be considered as a team who acquired 3 or more superstar in one night thus not including MVPau era

ambchang
06-17-2014, 12:52 PM
Not sure how you can say 08-12 Lakers were not super teams. Pau was acquired through very questionable venues, they had 2 guys with 12+ WS, and a bunch of other guys who contributed greatly (Odom, Ariza/Artest). Fantastic team that was bought instead of built.

Johnsyounger
06-17-2014, 01:27 PM
Forgot the 2014 Nets :lmao

spursparker9
06-17-2014, 01:32 PM
08-12 shouldn't be there. MVPau isn't superteam.

Killakobe81
06-17-2014, 04:01 PM
08-12 Lakers arent a superteam. The MVPau trade was sketchy but the rest of the pieces were acquired over time. They dont fit the mold of the other superteams that formed overnight. The 12-13 Lakers otoh are absolutely one despite what Killa says.

Also I lol'd at Bosh possibly making the HOF. Unless something drastic changes I dont see how he would even sniff it tbh.

I just never thought that team was title material ... (2013 Lakers) in fact I said WCF was the ceiling 2nd round loss probably. If the criteria is built on one night I guess they are not but I thought they we were overrated. Too many bought the hype. Here and in Lakers nation I had been disturbed by our lack of speed and athleticism since we let both Ariza and even shitty Shannon Brown leave tbh

baseline bum
06-17-2014, 04:06 PM
There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 2 guests)
baseline bum, Kobe_5_Duncan_4

:lol

whitemamba
06-17-2014, 04:11 PM
As much as people like to talk about the demise of the Heat (which I think is premature), we should look back and see how successful the super team was by comparing them to other super teams.

03-04 Lakers
Finals appearances: 1
HoFers (Likely): 4. Shaq, Kobe, Malone, Payton
Comments: one of the most epic fails

08-12 Celtics
Finals appearances: 2
Titles: 1
HoFers (Likely): 3. Pierce, Garnett, Allen. Rondo isn't there yet
Comments: It was built as a collection of mercenaries, and it did what they were expected to do.

08-12 Lakers
Finals appearances: 3
HoFers (Likely): 2. MVPau, Kobe.
Comments: The best 4th quarter in elimination game FT shooting team of the bunch. Tough to beat.

12-13 Lakers
HoFers (Likely): 4. MVPau, Kobe, Dwight, Nash
Comments: THE most epic fail in NBA history

10-14 Heat
Finals appearances: 4
HoFers (Likely): 3. Lebron, Wade, Allen. Bosh is a maybe, around Rondo level.
Comments: I'd say they are the most successful of all super teams. 4 finals appearances in 4 years.

:lmao at that being a super team

Fpoonsie
06-17-2014, 04:15 PM
:lol

:lol :lol

ambchang
06-17-2014, 04:22 PM
Forgot the 2014 Nets :lmao

Good point, will update post.

Also forgot about that Hakeem/Barkley/Pippen Rockets team.