Big Empty
06-17-2014, 11:18 AM
wow, those are the first words ive ever agreed with that hes said lol

Darius McCrary
06-17-2014, 11:18 AM
OWNED

will_spurs
06-17-2014, 11:19 AM
The day has finally arrived when I have to agree with something SAS said.

ohmwrecker
06-17-2014, 11:21 AM
Everybody says dumb shit. Just look around here. We're all guilty of it. What troubles me is the horrible, gutless bullshit that people have gotten away with on the internet with complete anonymity on message boards and comment sections have been bleeding over to social media were your identity is exposed. It's all fun and games when you don't have to take responsibility for your words, but ultimately, we have to remember to be kind and humble in our real life dealings with our fellow humans, or we are doomed as a society.

06-17-2014, 11:39 AM
Everybody says dumb shit. Just look around here. We're all guilty of it. What troubles me is the horrible, gutless bullshit that people have gotten away with on the internet with complete anonymity on message boards and comment sections have been bleeding over to social media were your identity is exposed. It's all fun and games when you don't have to take responsibility for your words, but ultimately, we have to remember to be kind and humble in our real life dealings with our fellow humans, or we are doomed as a society.:tu

Ron Swanson
06-17-2014, 11:57 AM
Everybody says dumb shit. Just look around here. We're all guilty of it. What troubles me is the horrible, gutless bullshit that people have gotten away with on the internet with complete anonymity on message boards and comment sections have been bleeding over to social media were your identity is exposed. It's all fun and games when you don't have to take responsibility for your words, but ultimately, we have to remember to be kind and humble in our real life dealings with our fellow humans, or we are doomed as a society.

Well said.

itzsoweezee
06-17-2014, 11:59 AM
SAS destroys KD, and deservedly so.

By the way, the Thunder are Westbrook's team now. KD is Russell's running mate, not the other way around.

WildcardManu
06-17-2014, 01:06 PM
Don't like SAS much, but he dropped the hammer on KD's salty ass.

TE
06-17-2014, 01:41 PM
SAS with the truth bombs wow...Skip's response was more politically correct

Dex
06-17-2014, 01:49 PM
http://s.quickmeme.com/img/23/23c02c7a587b46642d5f4c2a8f09f5ce316ebdab911c8020b2 83fe714813548b.jpg

BlackSwordsMan
06-18-2014, 07:17 AM

all my posts have been good

Captivus
06-18-2014, 07:37 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/20140601/5045575/lance-stephenson-blowing-on-kevin-durant-o.gif

TampaDude
06-18-2014, 07:39 AM

:toast

SupremeGuy
06-18-2014, 08:09 AM
http://s.quickmeme.com/img/23/23c02c7a587b46642d5f4c2a8f09f5ce316ebdab911c8020b2 83fe714813548b.jpg:rollin

Knoxxx
06-18-2014, 09:02 AM

Truth of course but you would have been assailed on ST 3-4 years ago for posting such drivel! There may yet be hope for us!

True test: post a thread along these lines and see if someone says BNSFs shouldn't start threads and/or cusses you out. :-)

ST posters have grown up a lot the last few years and in my opinion it functions awesomely as a "self" moderated board. The experiment succeeded!

Knoxxx
06-18-2014, 09:03 AM
all my posts have been good

Mine too! And I never pad my post count! (closing in on 2000...)

100%duncan
06-18-2014, 09:12 AM
142>565 :lol

fake ass mvp :lmao

salty beta

Blake
06-18-2014, 09:13 AM
What's outstanding about that tweet is that Pop has flat out said the Spurs currently run zero plays for him in the system. All his points come on his own.

Blake
06-18-2014, 09:20 AM
It's all fun and games when you don't have to take responsibility for your words, but ultimately, we have to remember to be kind and humble in our real life dealings with our fellow humans, or we are doomed as a society.

humble?

I think we need to be less thin skinned as a society.

Poolboy5623
06-18-2014, 09:23 AM
What's outstanding about that tweet is that Pop has flat out said the Spurs currently run zero plays for him in the system. All his points come on his own.

Which is a lie...they don't run many plays for kawhi, but to say he has NO plays run for him, is not true.

Poolboy5623
06-18-2014, 09:24 AM

Which is a lie...they don't run many plays for kawhi, but to say he has NO plays run for him, is not true.

Gummi Clutch
06-18-2014, 09:32 AM
humble?

06-18-2014, 09:34 AM

Gummi Clutch
06-18-2014, 09:35 AM

mudyez
06-18-2014, 09:47 AM

Blake
06-18-2014, 09:50 AM

CIA Pop!

Gummi Clutch
06-18-2014, 09:52 AM
Well, that maybe true, but Pop was recently heard stating in an interview, that the Spurs offensive system doesn't particularly add plays for Kawhi Leonard. All his production comes from himself.

Blake
06-18-2014, 09:53 AM
Oh look what these guys are doing. How fun.

06-18-2014, 09:56 AM

06-18-2014, 09:56 AM
Oh look what these guys are doing. How fun.

tholdren
06-18-2014, 09:57 AM
humble?

Exactly... Although I think KD = pre-teen girl, I also think he is entitled to his opinion. Again, he's ignorant for saying what he did, even though stats show KL outshot/outplayed him during the playoffs...

I AM ALMOST MORE DISAPPOINTED HE DELETED HIS TWEETS. Why? Because other people, or you, were too sensitive to handle an OPINION? Thanks children of the 90's 2000's and their parents. You made society suck.

wildchild
06-18-2014, 10:21 AM
Leonard is responsible for Leonard's MVP putting up three consecutive amazing performances in the Finals.

KD and the media should remember that Spurs system is unique but not magic, Richard Jefferson and others guys played in the same system and they didn't fit or their games failed.

Give Kawhi credit for his effort, work ethic, his ability to rise up under intense pressure, and determination to be better every game every season.

Leonard in his own system
http://cdn.fansided.com/gif/Kawhi_Leonard-1.gif

UZER
06-18-2014, 10:23 AM
System or not, Kawhi didn't slip during the seasons most important possession.

DPG21920
06-18-2014, 11:20 AM
SAS stole my tweets

ohmwrecker
06-18-2014, 12:08 PM
humble?

Being humble is not being thin skinned.

Blake
06-18-2014, 12:30 PM
Being humble is not being thin skinned.

If Durant doesn't want to be humble, so what?

Only a thin skinned pussies want/demand humility to make our society a better place.

Jenks
06-18-2014, 12:57 PM
If Durant doesn't want to be humble, so what?

Only a thin skinned pussies want/demand humility to make our society a better place.
Yeah, that Durant's showin you how to be a real man's man, with faggy little passive aggressive jabs on twitter.

ohmwrecker
06-18-2014, 01:12 PM

Pretty funny coming from you.

letmk
06-18-2014, 01:46 PM
The Tweet comment is unnecessary and immature. Is there some truth to it? Definitely. If it comes from a OKC sports writer, who is pondering the team's future and not wasting KD and Westbrooks' talents, it'd be perfectly okay. But KD, as a player who just got beat by the Spurs in WCF, has to show some respect and humility.

As a player, acknowledging another player's achievement can only make yourself stronger as well as respectful among fans. KD is entitled to be frustrated, but he needs to grow over this. Look at what LeBron had been through back in Cavs days. At least Westbrook look like the best players in many of their games. LeBron had nobody --- MoWilliams was supposed to be #2 guy!

Blake
06-18-2014, 01:49 PM
Yeah, that Durant's showin you how to be a real man's man, with faggy little passive aggressive jabs on twitter.

If he still believes what he wrote, then it's pussy of him to remove the tweets

Blake
06-18-2014, 01:50 PM
Pretty funny coming from you.

How so

Atari Tim
06-18-2014, 02:18 PM
I never knew salt caused acne.

ErnestLynch
06-18-2014, 02:20 PM
This reminds me of the 'Brady is a system quarterback' threads on the old ESPN forums...

UZER
06-18-2014, 02:34 PM
Durant can say what he wants. It just comes across as sour grapes after that team just knocked you out of the playoffs. If anything, Durant is a product of the NBAs free throw system.

But stand by your opinion and expect backlash. Don't delete the tweets, fake apologize, then play the victim.

After all, it's only basketball.

Kyl3
06-18-2014, 02:44 PM
Durant: "This the last time I’m gonna talk about this. I did not hate on Kawhi Leonard , quite honestly If you knew me or been around me, you would see how excited I was for such a young humble guy. But this world loves conflict I see. I really gave major props to coach pop and the whole staff for putting those guys in great positions to be successful. I’ve realized u can’t say anything about a champion so if I hurt anybody’s feelings I apologize(I really don’t) but u get my drift"

letmk
06-18-2014, 02:51 PM
Durant: "This the last time I’m gonna talk about this. I did not hate on Kawhi Leonard , quite honestly If you knew me or been around me, you would see how excited I was for such a young humble guy. But this world loves conflict I see. I really gave major props to coach pop and the whole staff for putting those guys in great positions to be successful. I’ve realized u can’t say anything about a champion so if I hurt anybody’s feelings I apologize(I really don’t) but u get my drift"

Is this really what he wrote? I guess he still doesn't get it, at all. It's not that what he said is that outrageous. It's that as a player who just got beat by the opponent, it's not a positive way to think of your team and a successful team. If he already retires like Barkley, sure he can say it.

Kyl3
06-18-2014, 03:00 PM
Is this really what he wrote? I guess he still doesn't get it, at all. It's not that what he said is that outrageous. It's that as a player who just got beat by the opponent, it's not a positive way to think of your team and a successful team. If he already retires like Barkley, sure he can say it.

That was the quote from NBC Sports.
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/18/kevin-durant-on-besmirching-kawhi-leonard-i-apologizei-really-dont/

Red Hawk #21
06-18-2014, 07:05 PM
Props to SAS and Skip, they had several points I agreed with.

rasuo214
06-18-2014, 07:08 PM
If this gives Kawhi the extra motivation needed (not sure if he even needed it) then thank you KD.

spurraider21
06-18-2014, 07:11 PM
yes i'm sure the lob to start the 2nd quarter was NOT a play called for him :lol. pop blatantly lies to the media all the time and has made it clear he never discusses actual gameplan

SupremeGuy
06-18-2014, 07:16 PM
On NNL they dropped truth bombs in the form of stats. Kawhi completely out defended AND shot KD in the playoffs. He required less assists and shot better in every form of the way. Basically showed that KD needed the system more than Kawhi. It totally shat on KD, and it was awesome.

ezau
06-18-2014, 09:43 PM
SAS just took a giant dump on Durant:lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-18-2014, 09:57 PM

Amen to that. :toast

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-18-2014, 10:00 PM
KD didn't say anything so bad... part of Leonard's success is down to our system! I hardly think Durant is saying Leonard's success is *only* down to the system.

BTW, PG would be great in our system. ;)