06-17-2014, 01:38 PM
we did look better without him tbh

we overcame huge deficit in methlahoma when he never checked back

and in the heat series too

i hope he becomes a 20 minute guy

spursparker9
06-17-2014, 01:39 PM
Future HOF.

One of 5 current point guards in the NBA who will be HOF.

I put CP3, Rondo, Westbrook, Nash as the other 4 who will be HOF.

Of course there could be more current PGs who would be HOF. Eg: D.Rose(if he recovered from injury), Kyrie (he got the talent), Curry (some say best shooter), J.Wall (got the talent also)

Right now, Tony's achievement and Resume makes him ahead of all other current PGs.

ducks
06-17-2014, 01:40 PM
he will be better next year he will be fresh first summer in 4 years with a break
also if he only plays 20 minutes that will take a toll on manu come playoff time
mills is not a point guard he is a guy who shots first
he is what this team needs though

06-17-2014, 01:40 PM
Top 5 DOA :)

ducks
06-17-2014, 01:42 PM
chris paul has no title
deron Williams has no title
westbrook no title
steve nash no title
tp has 4 of them

Spur|n|Austin
06-17-2014, 01:44 PM
Is he playing summer ball for France?

spursparker9
06-17-2014, 01:44 PM

Don't think so. But not sure about Boris.

ducks
06-17-2014, 01:54 PM
boris needs to play so he does not get a gut

Johnny RIngo
06-17-2014, 01:58 PM
Parker's declining play is definitely a problem for the Spurs going forward. Can't keep depending on Duncan/Ginobili to bail him out. Those two will be 39 and 37 next year. Duncan's longevity is amazing but even Kareem reached a point where he looked done.

spursparker9
06-17-2014, 02:03 PM
Parker's declining play is definitely a problem for the Spurs going forward. Can't keep depending on Duncan/Ginobili to bail him out. Those two will be 39 and 37 next year. Duncan's longevity is amazing but even Kareem reached a point where he looked done.

I think its still early to say. Being 32, it is normal for him to regress a little but the poor play from Tony could be due to playing for the Euroleague last off-season and not having the opportunity to rest.

We had see that the off-season rest did help Manu this season. So it could help Tony's too.

06-17-2014, 02:04 PM
I'm sure he'll be back in 2013 form with a summer of rest

baseline bum
06-17-2014, 02:08 PM
I don't think it changes things too much, considering Parker has been a lock for the HOF for years now. Now if they won last year on his two huge shots in Game 6 it would have elevated his stature significantly, since everyone would remember his shot under LeBron to put Game 1 away, his three on LeBron to tie Game 6, and his turnaround in the lane to take the lead that would have been viewed as the title winning shot.

Malik Hairston
06-17-2014, 02:12 PM
I don't think it changes things too much, considering Parker has been a lock for the HOF for years now. Now if they won last year on his two huge shots in Game 6 it would have elevated his stature significantly, since everyone would remember his shot under LeBron to put Game 1 away, his three on LeBron to tie Game 6, and his turnaround in the lane to take the lead that would have been viewed as the title winning shot.

He also played at a superstar-level last year, too, which is extremely rare for a PG in the playoffs as a top option..if he and the Spurs could have finished the job, that run would have been massive for his legacy(I doubt Tony gives a fuck, to be fair:lol)..

will_spurs
06-17-2014, 02:47 PM
Parker's declining play is definitely a problem for the Spurs going forward.

Indeed, there might come a time 6-7 years down the road when the opposing team FINALLY doesn't put their best defender on him, doesn't design their whole defense in order to contain him or doesn't double-team him every chance they get.

I'm sure that's ample time for the Spurs to figure out a solution, though... :lol

it's me
06-17-2014, 02:53 PM
Indeed, there might come a time 6-7 years down the road when the opposing team FINALLY doesn't put their best defender on him, doesn't design their whole defense in order to contain him or doesn't double-team him every chance they get.

I'm sure that's ample time for the Spurs to figure out a solution, though... :lol

LOL ........... Bobby Gibson says hi.

EVAY
06-17-2014, 02:55 PM

He has already said that he doesn't plan to play for the national team this summer. I expect that will give him some much needed rest.

Ginobilli just said today that he doesn't know if he will play for Argentina or not, or at least has not notified the Argentinian coach what his decision is, if he has made it.

Kawhi is trying out for the Team USA. I wonder if Johnny Ringo and others will trash him as much as they have trashed Tony for playing for his country.

Mills and Baynes are planning on playing for the Australian team.

Don't know about Diaw or Bellinelli or anyone else.

Mugen
06-17-2014, 02:56 PM
Outside of Magic & maybe Isiah, there really hasn't been a PG with a better career than TP tbh.

EVAY
06-17-2014, 03:01 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention…TP is a for sure HOF'er. This title may add to it, but that was going to happen with or without this title.

Posters on this site who trash TP are exposed as fools.

hitmantb
06-17-2014, 03:02 PM
Outside of Magic & maybe Isiah, there really hasn't been a PG with a better career than TP tbh.

Only Magic is indisputably better.

4 rings + 1 FMVP > Isiah's 2 rings + 1 FMVP, or Nash's 2 MVPs, Robertson's 1 ring and 1 MVP, or Stockton/Paul's all-star MVP (lol).

You can not say anyone else is clearly better when it comes to achievements. We use the achievement argument to defend Duncan, we need to do the same for Parker.

Even this year he drew a ton of defensive resources and ultimately tired out James for the Spurs.

Johnny RIngo
06-17-2014, 03:49 PM
Kawhi is trying out for the Team USA. I wonder if Johnny Ringo and others will trash him as much as they have trashed Tony for playing for his country.

Kawhi's 22. Not 31 like Parker was last summer.

Also, Kawhi had an amazing Finals and still turned down the US national team last summer in order to heal up.

Tony played like trash in the Finals. Was obviously fatigued/injured and STILL decided to play in a meaningless international tournament right after. Tony's ego was obviously bruised after sucking hard in the final two games against the Heat and had to give himself a pick-me-up by playing some crappy Euro teams over the summer.

It obviously affected his play. Was terrible against the Mavs(which is probably why that series went 7 games). Missed the closeout game against the Blazers. Missed the closeout game against the Thunder. He's extremely fortunate Manu had a comeback year. If 2013 Manu showed up this year, we wouldn't have made it out of the first round.

ontheraise
06-17-2014, 03:55 PM
He has already said that he doesn't plan to play for the national team this summer. I expect that will give him some much needed rest.

Ginobilli just said today that he doesn't know if he will play for Argentina or not, or at least has not notified the Argentinian coach what his decision is, if he has made it.

Mills and Baynes are planning on playing for the Australian team.

Don't know about Diaw or Bellinelli or anyone else.

Diaw will play for sure

T Park
06-17-2014, 03:56 PM
we did look better without him tbh

we overcame huge deficit in methlahoma when he never checked back

and in the heat series too

i hope he becomes a 20 minute guy

Go drown your head in battery acid you fucking twat.

06-17-2014, 03:59 PM

Also, Kawhi had an amazing Finals and still turned down the US national team last summer in order to heal up.

Tony played like trash in the Finals. Was obviously fatigued/injured and STILL decided to play in a meaningless international tournament right after. Tony's ego was obviously bruised after sucking hard in the final two games against the Heat and had to give himself a pick-me-up by playing some crappy Euro teams over the summer.

It obviously affected his play. Was terrible against the Mavs(which is probably why that series went 7 games). Missed the closeout game against the Blazers. Missed the closeout game against the Thunder. He's extremely fortunate Manu had a comeback year. If 2013 Manu showed up this year, we wouldn't have made it out of the first round.

And Manu's lucky Tony was playing like an MVP in 2013 or we wouldnt have made it out of the first round. :rolleyes

will_spurs
06-17-2014, 04:12 PM

And put the Spurs up by 5 with 28 seconds to go. And watched other players lose this series. And went to the Euro. And won that tournament. And was named the MVP of the tournament. And came back to the Spurs and had a great regular season. And lead the Spurs in scoring and assists in the regular season. And was named to the All-NBA 2nd team. And ensured the Spurs had the HCA for the whole playoffs. And lead the Spurs in scoring and assists in the playoffs. And got a ring. And shit in your mouth until all you were left with was shit for brains.

EVAY
06-17-2014, 06:53 PM

jeezuz h. christ, man! Do you never quit?!!!!

Tony did not have an MVP level performance in these finals, but he STILL led the team in points per game and assists per game in these finals. Last year Kawhi HAD to sit out because he knees were in such bad shape, and he was awfully young for that much wear and tear on his joints. So this year Tony is going to rest up and Kawhi is going to play for his national team. I happen to think that those are good decisions for BOTH players, but you still can do nothing more than trash one of the best contributors to this team over the last few years we have had.

Kawhi ABSOLUTELY deserved the Finals MVP this year (but with Diaw and Manu close behind). Tony didn't. But he didn't play like trash in this year's finals OR last year's finals.

ducks
06-17-2014, 06:56 PM

tp got diaw to play aggressive over seas and told him they need him and started with those passes
then told pop what he did over there

yes I prefer he did not but without tp playing over there would diaw been as good as he was this year

ducks
06-17-2014, 06:59 PM
no title for john stockton

ducks
06-17-2014, 07:00 PM
oh by the way Duncan played for his country to

Brazil
06-17-2014, 07:00 PM
And put the Spurs up by 5 with 28 seconds to go. And watched other players lose this series. And went to the Euro. And won that tournament. And was named the MVP of the tournament. And came back to the Spurs and had a great regular season. And lead the Spurs in scoring and assists in the regular season. And was named to the All-NBA 2nd team. And ensured the Spurs had the HCA for the whole playoffs. And lead the Spurs in scoring and assists in the playoffs. And got a ring. And shit in your mouth until all you were left with was shit for brains.

Will going raw into dat dingo ass tbh

tesseractive
06-17-2014, 07:08 PM
Only Magic is indisputably better.

4 rings + 1 FMVP > Isiah's 2 rings + 1 FMVP, or Nash's 2 MVPs, Robertson's 1 ring and 1 MVP, or Stockton/Paul's all-star MVP (lol).

You can not say anyone else is clearly better when it comes to achievements. We use the achievement argument to defend Duncan, we need to do the same for Parker.

Even this year he drew a ton of defensive resources and ultimately tired out James for the Spurs.
I love me some Tony Parker, ok? But anyone who thinks it's a tough call between Tony and Isiah either never saw Isiah play, or didn't understand what they were seeing. It's depressing to think anyone could even wonder about this.

Kidd K
06-17-2014, 07:10 PM
He's a HOFer for 4 titles, FMVP, and his success with Team France.

As far as GOAT PG list, I'm not sure we can put him above Isiah. Maybe not Stockton either, but one could argue that point. I would say he probably has to be put in the top 5 though since I can't think of a 5th that's either much better or slightly better and with similar accolades.

Magic
Oscar
Isiah
Stockton
Parker?

DMC
06-17-2014, 07:12 PM
I cannot imagine a HOF PG being better on the bench than on the floor in a Finals series. I know Tony is a HOFer, but he didn't play like one this time around and that's a big deal at his age.

Old School 44
06-17-2014, 07:15 PM
chris paul has no title
deron Williams has no title
westbrook no title
steve nash no title
tp has 4 of them
and don't forget...
Patty Mills has 1
Corey Joseph has 1
:lol

bobcatfan4life
06-17-2014, 07:17 PM
The better question is if he's the best point guard of his generation.

Old School 44
06-17-2014, 07:30 PM
The better question is if he's the best point guard of his generation.
Durant just tweeted "It's the system. What do you think Russ would do in THAT SYSTEM?"

ducks
06-17-2014, 07:32 PM
and don't forget...
Patty Mills has 1
Corey Joseph has 1
:lol
you forgot speedy

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
06-17-2014, 07:39 PM
Not to take anything away from Tony, but the ring-count argument is a double-edged sword. Steve Kerr, Ron Harper and Derek Fisher have 5. Were they better than Tony?

Skull-1
06-17-2014, 08:12 PM
Johnny Ringo pwning the homers! :toast

hitmantb
06-17-2014, 08:54 PM
You need at least one MVP or FMVP to be in the all time great conversation.

Stockton (most overrated player in NBA history)/Paul have none, to me they are just stat padders.

Nash with two MVP's and a Horry hip-check away from a ring, if you put him ahead of Parker I at least see an argument.

Ironically the offensive system he and D'Antoni started was perfected by the Spurs and we ended up winning a title with it. So if you put him ahead of Parker I am OK with it.

dbreiden83080
06-17-2014, 09:21 PM
Some people will never put him at the top of the list of point guards in the league today and to be honest that's fair is he as talented or productive as Chris Paul night in and night out no. But at the end of the day I am sure Tony would not trade his career for anybody's. He is going to make the Hall of Fame and been a part of four very very special teams. These are memories that will last him a lifetime

dbreiden83080
06-17-2014, 09:23 PM
In terms of all time this is easily the list of point guards that have to be ahead of Tony though

Magic Johnson, Isaiah Thomas, John Stockton, Jason Kidd. After that you can probably debate just about anybody else..