PDA

View Full Version : Next season Parker will be fresh

testies
06-17-2014, 06:44 PM
Good or Bad?

He won`t play for french NT

that means he will start hitting his jumpers and layups.. On one side that is good, but that might start shifting our offense on being too Parker centric since he will try to create his own shot all the time, and the historic ball movement of this season won`t be seen again

Maybe if Pop puts a minute cap in Parker like this season? Even if hes doing great, play him 20 minutes only so the opposition is always facing a fresh up tempo Spurs

Zach Lowe said we won because we pushed the tempo on every play with mills and leonard etc running the floor, Heat were winded and tired

Parker on form means Parker centric offense. That is bad

ducks
06-17-2014, 06:52 PM
this coming season I think he will defer to leonard more and pop said calling plays for him
there less plays for tp,manu and Duncan

tp in the past was a one man fast brean when he is not tired they may push it more
tp according to some experts is the best point guard in the nba
according to some here they think he is worse then George hill

EVAY
06-17-2014, 07:03 PM
I think it is definitely good for us that TP will be fresher.

Pop is on record as saying that he NEVER called a play for Leonard in the Finals; whatever Leonard got came out of the flow of the offense and/or his own creation.
That didn't keep him from scoring in the finals; it shouldn't keep him from scoring any time.

One of the things that people seem not to recognize is that Tony is running the plays that Pop calls; he almost always gives the ball up to Tim and then starts running - either the loop play or a drive and cut back to see how the defense reacts. Depending on what happens, Tim then gives the ball to another offensive player or back to Tony who then looks for another offensive set to run.

Pop is unlikely to put a minutes cap on Parker as much as he is likely to make sure he is running the offense as Pop wants it to be run.

At 32, Parker is less likely to be initiating a fast break than Leonard is. And if Leonard starts it, he can finish it. Lots of transition points available for the taking.

Uriel
06-17-2014, 07:34 PM
MVParker will be back. :toast

ducks
06-17-2014, 07:36 PM
I think it is definitely good for us that TP will be fresher.

Pop is on record as saying that he NEVER called a play for Leonard in the Finals; whatever Leonard got came out of the flow of the offense and/or his own creation.
That didn't keep him from scoring in the finals; it shouldn't keep him from scoring any time.

One of the things that people seem not to recognize is that Tony is running the plays that Pop calls; he almost always gives the ball up to Tim and then starts running - either the loop play or a drive and cut back to see how the defense reacts. Depending on what happens, Tim then gives the ball to another offensive player or back to Tony who then looks for another offensive set to run.

Pop is unlikely to put a minutes cap on Parker as much as he is likely to make sure he is running the offense as Pop wants it to be run.

At 32, Parker is less likely to be initiating a fast break than Leonard is. And if Leonard starts it, he can finish it. Lots of transition points available for the taking.

I agree people bash tp but pop tells him what to run or he is benched

Mal
06-17-2014, 07:54 PM
He`ll be fresh. Enough time to heal any injuries and do some workout.

lil'mo
06-17-2014, 08:11 PM
I think the Spurs discovered gold late this season, partly by accident, but mostly out of necessity. I don't see Pop going away from what worked so flawlessly in these playoffs and especially the Finals. We'll mix it up all year but when it comes to winning time next year - I can legitimately see the Spurs steamrolling the playoffs.

Dex
06-17-2014, 08:25 PM
Parker was NOT 100% for probably half of these playoffs. He never looked quite the same after leaving Game 6 of the Portland series.

That being said, he switched hats from being the scorer to the facilitator, something that all of the TP haters insist he is incapable of doing.

Parker proved the haters wrong and helped earn the Spurs #5 in the process. :smokin

soxxx
06-17-2014, 08:26 PM
Parker will be fine. He played better in 2012 and 2013 but what did that get the Spurs?

Heres to 2015!

cd021
06-17-2014, 09:30 PM
He should be back in the 18ppg range. Hopefully without the nagging injuries.