PDA

View Full Version : Clippers CN's wet dream

StrengthAndHonor
06-18-2014, 02:10 AM
The Los Angeles Clippers are reportedly exploring the possibility of creating enough cap space to sign LeBron James should he explore leaving the Miami Heat.
The Clippers could create cap space by trading away DeAndre Jordan and Jamal Crawford, while unloading Jared Dudley by attaching a future first round pick.

James is close friends with Chris Paul and those two would form a new Big 3 along with Blake Griffin.

There have previously been reports that the Heat could be amenable to a sign-and-trade if Griffin were to be traded.
James may elect to opt-in for the 14-15 season, which would allow him to have more options while seeing if the Heat can make one more run as currently constructed.

StrengthAndHonor
06-18-2014, 02:13 AM
Quite honestly, I would rather trade Paul. They can have anyone else but Griffin and Jordan since decent big men are a rare commodity. But no way this happens, and if this must happen, Griffin has to go. I don't know about giving up Blake for Lebron though.

#1. This would render Cp3 useless unless Lebron fully adjusts his game allowing CP3 to continue handling the ball.
#2. It's a lateral move. Cp3 + Lebron would bring nothing. Lebron + Griffin though would be an entirely different duo.

Jacob1983
06-18-2014, 02:42 AM
Why would you trade Jordan? He's a great rebounder. Chris Paul is an overrated pussy.

midnightpulp
06-18-2014, 02:42 AM
Lebron is a high enough IQ player that I think he can adapt to playing with a ball dominant PG. And after the throttling he got in the Finals as the result of ball movement, I could see Lebron demanding to play in a system that isn't ball dominant and he would work with Rivers and Paul on how to maximize their respective passing abilities. Lebron understands ISO ball is shit.

I don't want this to happen of course, because Lebron to the Clips=GG NBA.

ezau
06-18-2014, 02:56 AM
Laker fans would absolutely jump off the cliff is this happens:lol. Lakers had a chance to sign Lebron, but they chose to give their cap room to Achilles:lol

RsxPiimp
06-18-2014, 03:23 AM
:lolm Bron is staying in Miami. Pipe dream Clipper fans. Bill Simmons trolling Doc Rivers tbh :lol

100%duncan
06-18-2014, 03:28 AM
I don't want this to happen of course, because Lebron to the Clips=GG NBA.

pretty much this. oh pls no

StrengthAndHonor
06-18-2014, 03:55 AM
:lolm Bron is staying in Miami. Pipe dream Clipper fans. Bill Simmons trolling Doc Rivers tbh :lol
How's the coaching search coming along?

Laker fan base decided which cornerstone #7 pick are they going to pair with Kobe for a much awaited playoff run next season?:lol

scanry
06-18-2014, 07:05 AM
If i were the Clippers, I'd rather trade CP3 for Lebron and sign Patty Mills. Lebron, Blake & DeContract would be scary.

scanry
06-18-2014, 07:06 AM
How's the coaching search coming along?

Laker fan base decided which cornerstone #7 pick are they going to pair with Kobe for a much awaited playoff run next season?:lol

Damn. I always though S&H was a Laker fan. :lol

The Batman
06-18-2014, 07:07 AM
If i were the Clippers, I'd rather trade CP3 for Lebron and sign Patty Mills. Lebron, Blake & DeContract would be scary.

Riley won't help LeBron with a snt.

scanry
06-18-2014, 07:10 AM
Riley won't help LeBron with a snt.

He'll have to if he doesn't opt in?

The Batman
06-18-2014, 07:11 AM
He'll have to if he doesn't opt in?

Riley is a sleazeball. He won't do it out of spite.

scanry
06-18-2014, 07:17 AM
Riley is a sleazeball. He won't do it out of spite.

That i agree. I think he'd rather rebuild than having another broken down player like Chris Paul.

Clipper Nation
06-18-2014, 07:22 AM
:lol Scurred

Captivus
06-18-2014, 07:39 AM
Still missing one thing...3 PT shooting.
Kmon LAC! FOCUS!

baseline bum
06-18-2014, 07:44 AM
The Los Angeles Clippers are reportedly exploring the possibility of creating enough cap space to sign LeBron James should he explore leaving the Miami Heat.
The Clippers could create cap space by trading away DeAndre Jordan and Jamal Crawford, while unloading Jared Dudley by attaching a future first round pick.

James is close friends with Chris Paul and those two would form a new Big 3 along with Blake Griffin.

There have previously been reports that the Heat could be amenable to a sign-and-trade if Griffin were to be traded.
James may elect to opt-in for the 14-15 season, which would allow him to have more options while seeing if the Heat can make one more run as currently constructed.

Clippers would have to salary dump Jordan, Crawford, Dudley, and Reddick.

dg7md
06-18-2014, 07:47 AM
Why would LeBron want to go to the West where the competition is at its best? He can stay in the East and continue to rack up stats while getting easy trips to the Finals.

Clipper Nation
06-18-2014, 07:54 AM
Why would LeBron want to go to the West where the competition is at its best? He can stay in the East and continue to rack up stats while getting easy trips to the Finals.
He would also continue to lose in the Finals with a lazy, complacent and bad supporting cast, which would only hurt his legacy.... out West, the tougher competition would give him a hungrier and more tested team to work with, tbh....

dg7md
06-18-2014, 08:04 AM
He would also continue to lose in the Finals with a lazy, complacent and bad supporting cast, which would only hurt his legacy.... out West, the tougher competition would give him a hungrier and more tested team to work with, tbh....

Fair points for sure, but I think that the Heat are a few pieces away from being legit if they run into an opponent that plays similar styles as them. I do think LeBron would have way more trouble averaging his numbers in the West, so that might hurt his legacy as well. Continuing to lose in the Finals might be worse though.

However, I must say if your Clips find a way to get Bron, they are instant favorites... Paul/Griffin/James? That is crazy.

Clipper Nation
06-18-2014, 08:08 AM
Fair points for sure, but I think that the Heat are a few pieces away from being legit if they run into an opponent that plays similar styles as them.
When Wade opts in, they'll have no way to get those pieces, tbh....

Calispursfan11
06-18-2014, 08:11 AM
As predicted by OP, CN on this thread in seconds like flies on shit.

scanry
06-18-2014, 08:17 AM
When Wade opts in, they'll have no way to get those pieces, tbh....

There's no ifs or when, Dfraud will opt in on June 25.

Dick Jones
06-18-2014, 09:03 AM
Quite honestly, I would rather trade Paul. They can have anyone else but Griffin and Jordan since decent big men are a rare commodity. But no way this happens, and if this must happen, Griffin has to go. I don't know about giving up Blake for Lebron though.

#1. This would render Cp3 useless unless Lebron fully adjusts his game allowing CP3 to continue handling the ball.
#2. It's a lateral move. Cp3 + Lebron would bring nothing. Lebron + Griffin though would be an entirely different duo.

Are you retarded?

Dick Jones
06-18-2014, 09:06 AM
:lmao Blake for LeBron being a lateral move.....it's been a while since I had such a good laugh.

Thread
06-18-2014, 09:09 AM
:lmao Blake for LeBron being a lateral move.....it's been a while since I had such a good laugh.

Though frankly arguable. If not for Bosh last June James would be a laughing stock.

Clipper Nation
06-18-2014, 10:14 AM
I've been Blake's biggest defender on here and even I think that's a retarded take.... the one thing that would give me pause is that Blake hasn't even reached his prime yet, but in a vacuum, anyone who thinks Blake for LeBron is a "lateral move" is retarded :lol

Gummi Clutch
06-18-2014, 10:20 AM
Lebron sucks, the spurs rule, get over it.

Kool Bob Love
06-18-2014, 10:35 AM
Laker fans would absolutely jump off the cliff is this happens:lol. Lakers had a chance to sign Lebron, but they chose to give their cap room to Achilles:lol

They did. :lmao

It would have been the typical jerry buss laker comeback. Thank gawd it ain't happen. :tu

Dick Jones
06-18-2014, 11:19 AM
I've been Blake's biggest defender on here and even I think that's a retarded take.... the one thing that would give me pause is that Blake hasn't even reached his prime yet, but in a vacuum, anyone who thinks Blake for LeBron is a "lateral move" is retarded :lol

Yeah it's less a knock on Blake, more the simple fact that trading any basketball player for LeBron isn't a lateral move. I understand everyone loves to knee-jerk after wins and losses, but losing one series doesn't change LeBron's status as the current best player in the world by a pretty wide margin. Just like winning doesn't magically catapult Leonard into top 10 player status, although i'm sure some Spur Fan would stupidly argue otherwise.

Buddy Mignon
06-18-2014, 11:27 AM
Lebron sealed his fate with his ESPN special. He took his talents down to Miami... and that's where he'll remain. When its all said and done... 2/5 will be his legacy.

mercos
06-18-2014, 11:42 AM
I'd be surprised if Lebron left Miami. At this point, the only place I see him going to if he leaves is Cleveland.

Horse
06-18-2014, 12:44 PM
Not even lebron could break the clipper curse

Mugen
06-18-2014, 12:51 PM
On one hand, it'd be GG NBA if this ever happened.

On the other hand, LakerFan might collectively just kill themselves in a mass self-immolation on Figueroa.

On the other other hand, the Spurs just rang so I could not care less what happens in the NBA since they ain't ever takin' this title away from my Boys in Black :cry

oh crap
06-18-2014, 01:29 PM
:lmao lebron's only legacy saving move is to join a new pair of superstars. won't happen anyways, but it's pretty amusing to see how desperate he is.

Malik Hairston
06-18-2014, 01:35 PM
:lmao lebron's only legacy saving move is to join a new pair of superstars. won't happen anyways, but it's pretty amusing to see how desperate he is.

What makes you think Lebron is even trying to go there?..

ezau
06-18-2014, 09:32 PM
They did. :lmao

It would have been the typical jerry buss laker comeback. Thank gawd it ain't happen. :tu

Jim Buss is actually the Spurs' MVP since 2013, tbh. Thank God for him:lol

Thread
06-18-2014, 09:34 PM
Jim Buss is actually the Spurs' MVP since 2013, tbh. Thank God for him:lol

He's also the reason Kobe has 5 and not 3.

spurraider21
06-18-2014, 10:01 PM
He's also the reason Kobe has 5 and not 3.
he's also the reason for 2 seasons and counting without a postseason win

spursparker9
06-18-2014, 10:45 PM
Tbh, Lebron will stay in Miami till the end of his career. He can't take what the media will say about him if he keep abandoning teams and switching teams.

Thebesteva
06-18-2014, 10:46 PM
This is not CN's wet dream. His wet dream is Lebron delivering a pizza with a hole in it to his house

scanry
06-18-2014, 11:51 PM
CN's wet dream will be if the King gets traded to the Clippers for Choke Paul.

Thread
06-18-2014, 11:57 PM
...or, his ma sits on his face.