PDA

View Full Version : OT: If you hate baseball, this is the slowest time of the year in sports.

Jacob1983
06-18-2014, 02:51 AM
If you hate baseball and or are just not a fan, this time has to suck for you. No basketball, hockey, or football. If you like soccer, NASCAR, UFC, golf, or tennis then I guess you can satisfy your sports curiosity. Baseball is number one right now until August when football players try to lose the weight they put on in the winter and spring.

DAF86
06-18-2014, 02:53 AM
Dude, get with the times and watch the biggest sports event in the World.

Jacob1983
06-18-2014, 02:55 AM
The World Cup? I have been watching some of it. Been trying to get interested in association football since last year. Takes a lot of time and dedication. You also have to deal with soccer haters in Texas which is always fun.

Franklin
06-18-2014, 03:25 AM
Baseball is like Gone with the Wind imho, it seems boring at first but once you get into it, you'll appreciate it more than anything and be totally absorbed in it tbh.

midnightpulp
06-18-2014, 04:02 AM
Baseball is like Gone with the Wind imho, it seems boring at first but once you get into it, you'll appreciate it more than anything and be totally absorbed in it tbh.

Rogue

Strange Love
06-18-2014, 04:34 AM

Agreed.

Unless your team just sucks monkey balls.

I actually have some fun shit that I can watch such as the remainding season of the F1 season, Indycar, NASCAR and MotoGP.

TE
06-18-2014, 04:44 AM
Rangers ball is a chore to watch tbh imo fwiw.

:cry

dg7md
06-18-2014, 05:11 AM
Baseball is fine, but it really isn't worth dedicating to until August/September, which is when the NFL kicks off so it's almost moot. Baseball has some merit late summer, but otherwise it all doesn't really matter until the postseason time starts.

Clipper Nation
06-18-2014, 07:25 AM
:lol 0-0 ties
:lol More corrupt than Stern
:lol Third-world lawn game
:lol S:lolccer

Thread
06-18-2014, 07:47 AM
I've been enjoying the D'Backs. It's on TV here so it's a treat. They got beat by a grand salami last evening. It was like somebody died in the announcing booth. LMAO!!!

BlackSwordsMan
06-18-2014, 07:58 AM
There's always MMA IMO

scanry
06-18-2014, 08:04 AM
Used to watch soccer, but them 0-0 ties did it tbh.

BTW i heard Qatar the oil rich and honor rich country is spending $200 Billion for the 2022 Cup. In contrast, South Africa spent $2.7 billion and Brazil spent $14 Billion for the 2010 & 2014 World Cups respectively.

By 2023, their oil deposits are projected to deplete. Lefty the terrorist, weigh in on this sh!t man.

Kool Bob Love
06-18-2014, 08:32 AM
Baseball fucking sucks. Anyone who watches that poverty sport needs to be slap. Srs

Thread
06-18-2014, 08:38 AM
Baseball fucking sucks. Anyone who watches that poverty sport needs to be slap. Srs

You feel froggy, jump. Go time.

mavsfan1000
06-18-2014, 08:41 AM
Lol Wimbledon and the US Open is where it's at.

Franklin
06-18-2014, 08:49 AM
F1 has been no fun to me since Schumacher's first retirement, tbh.

06-18-2014, 09:47 AM
Good thing I like baseball, bad thing I'm a Tigers fan.

Gummi Clutch
06-18-2014, 09:53 AM
baseball the shitty sp:lolrt

lefty
06-18-2014, 09:54 AM
If you hate baseball and or are just not a fan, this time has to suck for you. No basketball, hockey, or football. If you like soccer, NASCAR, UFC, golf, or tennis then I guess you can satisfy your sports curiosity. Baseball is number one right now until August when football players try to lose the weight they put on in the winter and spring.
Or one can go out and enjoy summer, instead of having to be stuck in front of his TV to watch baseball because other leagues have entered the offseason

MeloHype
06-18-2014, 09:57 AM
:tu

Bill_Brasky
06-18-2014, 10:01 AM
Baseball can be good, but holy shit they play way too many games. What do those guys get, like a month of rest before they're already back at it again? Dial it the fuck back is all I'm sayin.

Xevious
06-18-2014, 10:01 AM
I like playing baseball, but watching it is a fucking chore. Plus the MLB season has too many goddamn games.

Gummi Clutch
06-18-2014, 10:09 AM
Or one can go out and enjoy summer, instead of having to be stuck in front of his TV to watch baseball because other leagues have entered the offseason
there's a man in your sig.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-18-2014, 10:26 AM
The World Cup is the biggest sporting event in the WORLD. The Last Finals had like 1.3 billion viewers.

So this year that hardly will be the case. WC, NBA Free agency, NFL Preseason and Season. Set until next summer. By the Cowboys season is over (midseason), NBA will be back on.

Kidd K
06-18-2014, 11:18 AM
No football? ESPN talk about that shit 365 days a year. FFS they have more football shows (which are also longer) than basketball ones even during the peak of basketball season and the dead center of the football offseason. lol

Anyway, NBA has free agency and draft bullshit coming up at least. Plus there's more to life than sports too. Hit up some chicks or some video games or something bro.

spurraider21
06-18-2014, 11:21 AM
i've tried, really can't watch baseball. i'll keep up, scoreboard watch, stats/standings, etc... but can't watch it and its especially terrible on the radio. at least this summer we have the Cup to keep us busy until NFL preseason

Cry Havoc
06-18-2014, 11:24 AM
I enjoy the WC but man, it makes Stern look like a straight and narrow kind of dude. Shit's so corrupt it's closer to WWE than sports at times.

lefty
06-18-2014, 11:26 AM
hat poverty sport

baseball the shitty sp:lolrt
Baseball

Is not a sport

Clipper Nation
06-18-2014, 11:27 AM
Baseball

Is not a sport
lol soccer

lol illegal immigrants everywhere jizzing up a storm because Brazil and Mexico tied 0-0

lefty
06-18-2014, 11:58 AM
:lol baseball
:lol "sport"
:lol standing around for 10 hours
:lol 10 hour games
:lol fat be@ners with oily skin and mustache
:lol steroids
:lol barely move and need steroids
:lol players hit the ball a couple of times during a game, but need steroids for that
:lol fat
:lol spitting
:lol manager dressed like his players; imagine Terry Stotts wearing basketball uni, a headband, and carrying a loaded 45 , or Bellichick wearing a helmet
:lol play by play announcer and fans who jizz when someone finally hits a ball, because nothing happened during the previous 9 hours
:lol Joe Buck
:lol fake intense voice
:lol pretends he gives a fuck, just wants his paycheck
:lol fans sleeping during the game, because no shit is happening
:lol fans walking around, going to a restaurant and coming back to the game, because nothing is happening and they have all day
:lol fat fucks
:lol catching a ball with their glove is the most exciting part of the game for fat fans
:lol "let's go to the ball game " song
:lol still living in the 50's
:lol "God Bless America" song in the middle of a WS game, because the national anthem wasn't enough
:lol 'Muricaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa propaganda
:lol AIDS buying a baseball team
:lol so called athletes who get "injured" http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mlb/photos/1302/most-bizarre-injuries-in-baseball/1/
:lol Reliever
:lol worst role ever; even worse than punter
:lol does nothing for 8 innings, then when he comes in looks pumped with his theme song playing
:lol paid to play 1 inning

Clipper Nation
06-18-2014, 11:59 AM
:lol players hits the ball a couple of times during a game, but needs steroids for that
:lol manager dressed like his players; imagine Terry Stotts wearing basketball uni, a headband, and carrying a loaded 45 , or Bellichick wearing a helmet
:lol play by play announcer and fans when someone finally hits a ball, because nothing happened during the previous 9 hours
:lol fans walking around, going to a restaurant and coming back to the game, because nothing is happening and they have all day
:lol catching a ball with their glove is the most exciting part of the game for fat fans
:lol "God Bless America" song in the middle of a WS game, because the national anthem wasn't enough
:lol so called athletes who get "injured" http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mlb/photos/1302/most-bizarre-injuries-in-baseball/1/
:lol does nothing for 8 innings, then when he comes in looks pumped with his theme song playing
All that and yet baseball STILL shits on soccer :lol

TDMVPDPOY
06-18-2014, 12:02 PM
dont forget cricket, same shit as baseball...standing on the field for half the day waiting for the ball to fall into ur direction...

yet these clowns down here get paid more then athletes who participate in more exciting entertaining sports...

TampaDude
06-18-2014, 12:18 PM

Yeah, at least we have the World Cup for awhile...then what? I get to watch the hapless Rays flounder in the cellar of the AL East for three more months? :lol

ElNono
06-18-2014, 12:22 PM
Yeah, at least we have the World Cup for awhile...then what? I get to watch the hapless Rays flounder in the cellar of the AL East for three more months? :lol

basketball worlds after that.. with your favorite PG Paddy Mills... also summer league starts soon, IIRC...

TampaDude
06-18-2014, 12:24 PM
basketball worlds after that.. with your favorite PG Paddy Mills... also summer league starts soon, IIRC...

Cool...BTW I love the shirt in your sig. :hat

vma16
06-18-2014, 12:29 PM
:lol players hit the ball a couple of times during a game, but need steroids for that
:lol play by play announcer and fans who jizz when someone finally hits a ball, because nothing happened during the previous 9 hours

Damn... I like baseball but this is funnny

IrisHockey
06-18-2014, 01:15 PM
I've been enjoying the D'Backs. It's on TV here so it's a treat. They got beat by a grand salami last evening. It was like somebody died in the announcing booth. LMAO!!!

What was more devastating, Jose Mesa blowing that save or the Sandman blowing it in 01, game 7 of the world series nonetheless?

Thread
06-18-2014, 01:17 PM
What was more devastating, Jose Mesa blowing that save or the Sandman blowing it in 01, game 7 of the world series nonetheless?

By then I was no longer a compatriot. They'd moved off the Lake.

IrisHockey
06-18-2014, 01:20 PM

:lmaowow... some truthbombs dropped by the Algerian nigga...

:lol some fatboys are paid to throw for just 1 OUT, much less one fucking inning:lol..

Trainwreck2100
06-18-2014, 02:05 PM

You forgot
:lol fatass dh paid to sit on his ass the entire game where he only has to appear 4 times a game and reaches base 1/3 of the time

Mugen
06-18-2014, 02:15 PM
World Cup has been great so far tbh, especially the USA game.......

Malik Hairston
06-18-2014, 02:38 PM
I was a big MLB fan growing up, tbh, particularly during the steroids era..shunning players like Bonds really killed the game for me, tbh, it was much more exciting watching juiced batters and pitchers..

Trill Clinton
06-18-2014, 02:39 PM
damn lefty came through and crushed the buildings. baseball is boring as fucc to watch but i like to play...i'm a natural hitter.

but yea, why do the managers wear uniforms like the players???

IrisHockey
06-18-2014, 02:44 PM
:lol I was a pretty good hitter growing up but due to lack of athleticism, couldn't field for jack shit... played DH in the local leagues.. wasn't fat though

JoeTait75
06-18-2014, 02:44 PM

Thank God. Them moving off the Lake, I mean.

Clipper Nation
06-18-2014, 02:46 PM

You're still a Cleveland fan, Culb. It's chickenshit to pretend otherwise.

Thread
06-18-2014, 03:03 PM
Thank God. Them moving off the Lake, I mean.

Nonsense. That stadium was fine, seated 80,000. The new one was/is just another toy for the politicos like (light rail) here. Christ, McDonald's doesn't ask us for money to build another restaurant. They just build it and keep all the money. We have to help pay for these stadiums and they keep all the money.

DAF86
06-18-2014, 03:07 PM
:lol lefty just destroyed this thread. Anything from this point onwards is irrelevant.

Phallusy
06-18-2014, 09:56 PM
dont forget cricket, same shit as baseball...standing on the field for half the day waiting for the ball to fall into ur direction...

yet these clowns down here get paid more then athletes who participate in more exciting entertaining sports...

Baseball pretty much IS CRICKET! (minus the gay ass tea breaks.) Just good ol' America stealing something from the Brits and making it their own. Similar to making gridiron football out of rugby football, stealing American from the Indians, etc... Imagine if baseball paused for tea; I'm sure they had the idea of a "7th inning tea break" or some shit like that.

Mark in Austin
06-19-2014, 12:25 AM
It's why I think the NBA should push back it's season. It should start Christmas Day. That's when people start paying attention. Before that it is NCAA & NFL. NBA could dominate the summer.

Floyd Pacquiao
06-19-2014, 12:40 AM
Baseball is boring as shit. I dont even like soccer but i watched the U.S game and it was pretty damn enjoyable.

InRareForm
06-19-2014, 01:28 AM
baseball = zzzzzz

Infinite_limit
06-19-2014, 02:00 AM
I grew up on Baseball. My favorite sport as a child and even up until the past 5 years.

But I'm now 30 years old and investing 2.5-3 hours almost daily on a TV event is comical. They made matters worse by increasing the number of Playoff teams. When I was a child: 4 Playoff teams. That's it. 4 total

Now there are 6 division winners & 4 Wild Card teams. So the 162 game season got even more pointless. My interest in Baseball has nearly bottomed out, as has NBA over the past 3 seasons (As I've started watching UEFA Champions League which is Godly). MLB & NBA are simply sports with pointless Regular Seasons that occur for half a year, not to mention the ridiculous amount of advertisement per telecast. Give me a 47 minute Half, piss and drink/smoke at Halftime and then another 47 minute commercial-less Half. And then i'm on my way. 3 hours? What sort of loser has that amount of time.

My good friend has season tickets to Baseball and I wonder if it's worth it. He has to spend 30+ minutes in each direction driving. He can't drink & drive. He's gonna drop 40+ bucks on food for himself & date. Just seems like a waste of time to me for something that occurs 3-4 times a week if not more.

Jacob1983
06-19-2014, 02:17 AM
I think the reason why a lot of Americans hate baseball or think it's boring is because of the current culture and mentality in America. We are all about instant gratification. We want to be entertained and amused quickly and often. Watching baseball and being a fan take patience and dedication. Some people don't want to put forth an effort into that shit so they hate. Football is like an HBO show. It's only a small number of months each year and it's a weekly sport. It's easier to follow and watch. Hockey and basketball are more like shows on CBS, FOX, NBC, and ABC. They start in the fall and end before summer.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-19-2014, 02:31 AM
All that and yet baseball STILL shits on soccer :lol

:lol I'm a fan of both.. but how can you shit on a "third world sport" when the real third world sport took football's actual name :lol...

Every country in the world strives to be in the World Cup = third world sport
Being most popular sport in world = third world sport

and fuck the haters that hate on beisbol...

ezau
06-19-2014, 02:32 AM
There's MMA and Tennis for me. But basketball is the best :cry

usdane
06-19-2014, 02:33 AM
Between the World Cup, Wimbledon and Tour de France I am plenty entertained. I highly recommend Tour de France; especially the mountain stages.

Infinite_limit
06-19-2014, 03:29 AM
I think the reason why a lot of Americans hate baseball or think it's boring is because of the current culture and mentality in America. We are all about instant gratification. We want to be entertained and amused quickly and often. Watching baseball and being a fan take patience and dedication. Some people don't want to put forth an effort into that shit so they hate. Football is like an HBO show. It's only a small number of months each year and it's a weekly sport. It's easier to follow and watch. Hockey and basketball are more like shows on CBS, FOX, NBC, and ABC. They start in the fall and end before summer.
You are correct to an extent but my patience and need for gratification didn't decrease as I aged, it grew. I just can't spend 162 games X 3 hours = 486 hours/a season Which comes out to 20 days of my life I'll never get back.

Let's take Soccer out of the equation because 'No Commercials' is Un-American. Ultimately I can watch every single second of my teams NFL season. It's not realistic with Baseball unless you are 12 years old with nothing else to do.

And why would I want to invest all that time when with 10 playoff teams, I only have to watch the Final 6 weeks. As a 30 year old, Baseball makes for great background noise. I can take care of business while getting hundreds of replays of anything worthwhile.

lefty
06-19-2014, 02:15 PM
I grew up on Baseball. My favorite sport as a child and even up until the past 5 years.

But I'm now 30 years old and investing 2.5-3 hours almost daily on a TV event is comical. They made matters worse by increasing the number of Playoff teams. When I was a child: 4 Playoff teams. That's it. 4 total

Now there are 6 division winners & 4 Wild Card teams. So the 162 game season got even more pointless. My interest in Baseball has nearly bottomed out, as has NBA over the past 3 seasons (As I've started watching UEFA Champions League which is Godly). MLB & NBA are simply sports with pointless Regular Seasons that occur for half a year, not to mention the ridiculous amount of advertisement per telecast. Give me a 47 minute Half, piss and drink/smoke at Halftime and then another 47 minute commercial-less Half. And then i'm on my way. 3 hours? What sort of loser has that amount of time.

My good friend has season tickets to Baseball and I wonder if it's worth it. He has to spend 30+ minutes in each direction driving. He can't drink & drive. He's gonna drop 40+ bucks on food for himself & date. Just seems like a waste of time to me for something that occurs 3-4 times a week if not more.
Yup :lol

At least with soccer you just have one break

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, too many commercial breaks

How the fuck does an NFL game telecast last 3 hours ? :lol

And, save for the NFL where each week counts, those leagues have pointless and long regular seasons

whitemamba
06-19-2014, 06:04 PM
Everyone knows my hate for this fat filled sport. I don't even watch espn this time.

resistanze
06-19-2014, 06:18 PM
lefty with the truth nukes :lol