PDA

View Full Version : Spurs - Will they repeat?

cantthinkofanything
06-18-2014, 01:56 PM
When this current lineup is at its best, I don't think I've seen a better Spurs team. Assuming everyone returns, will they repeat/ They are obviously capable of doing so but will they have the determination and drive to put themselves in the Finals again?

Spur|n|Austin
06-18-2014, 01:58 PM
The pain from a horrific Finals loss the previous year will no longer be fueling them, though I think if the complete roster comes back, then why the hell not!?

They will have the fuel of knowing that it's Pop, Tim, and Manu's last year in the association.

cantthinkofanything
06-18-2014, 02:03 PM
The pain from a horrific Finals loss the previous year will no longer be fueling them, though I think if the complete roster comes back, then why the hell not!?

They will have the fuel of knowing that it's Pop, Tim, and Manu's last year in the association.

I hope you're right. My biggest concern is a let down after the combined last year's devastation and this year's win. Along with the joy, you could feel the relief among many on the team. Just hope they can have the same fire. Even if it's not their last year, they all need to say that it is. Maybe say that Pop has cancer and needs one more good year. Something like that.

Spur|n|Austin
06-18-2014, 02:05 PM
I hope you're right. My biggest concern is a let down after the combined last year's devastation and this year's win. Along with the joy, you could feel the relief among many on the team. Just hope they can have the same fire. Even if it's not their last year, they all need to say that it is. Maybe say that Pop has cancer and needs one more good year. Something like that.

Yikes :lol

Franklin
06-18-2014, 06:06 PM
You got banned from NBA forum, right?

xmas1997
06-18-2014, 06:59 PM
I hope so.

cantthinkofanything
06-18-2014, 07:01 PM

No.

Gummi Clutch
06-18-2014, 07:55 PM
No.
then why do you only start basketball threads here?

Nbadan
06-19-2014, 01:59 AM
Everything bounced right for the Spurs this year..no serious injuries to their key players and Pop was able to regulate the playing time of the big three in the regular season annnnnnnnnnnddd....still have the best record in the West....another year older the big three are gonna have to stay relatively healthy for the Spurs to have a chance to repeat....team-ball is cool, but without Tim, Tony, Manu and Kawhi you could play 6 on 5 against other teams and your still gonna lose....

cantthinkofanything
06-19-2014, 09:25 AM
then why do you only start basketball threads here?

what are you...fucking Avante or something?

I think there's decent discussion on the Spurs here without so much over analysis.
And LOL at whoever mentioned getting banned from the NBA thread. Is that even possible?

Gummi Clutch
06-19-2014, 09:39 AM
what are you...fucking Avante or something?

I think there's decent discussion on the Spurs here without so much over analysis.
And LOL at whoever mentioned getting banned from the NBA thread. Is that even possible?
It was just out of curiosity, and I guess thats a good enough reason.

I think the spurs will repeat barring injuries. OKC will never be the same, Houston keeps beating itself and will for a while, Clippers don't have what it takes, Portland a couple of years away, Golden State if they add Love might be the only team that has a chance.

We'll have to see the rest of the moves this offseason tbh.

cantthinkofanything
06-19-2014, 09:42 AM
Everything bounced right for the Spurs this year..no serious injuries to their key players and Pop was able to regulate the playing time of the big three in the regular season annnnnnnnnnnddd....still have the best record in the West....another year older the big three are gonna have to stay relatively healthy for the Spurs to have a chance to repeat....team-ball is cool, but without Tim, Tony, Manu and Kawhi you could play 6 on 5 against other teams and your still gonna lose....

LOL. Yes, without Tim, Tony, Many, and Kawhi...I agree it would be tough.

Blake
06-19-2014, 09:49 AM

I hope so.

xmas, you don't even post in the NBA forum.

Spur|n|Austin
06-19-2014, 11:13 AM
xmas, you don't even post in the NBA forum.

He may post under one of his other usernames, you never know..

xmas1997
06-19-2014, 03:19 PM
Why not?
They are the ONLY ones with a chance to repeat, obviously.

cantthinkofanything
06-19-2014, 03:32 PM
Why not?
They are the ONLY ones with a chance to repeat, obviously.

http://media.giphy.com/media/AkCPVE5wsqAy4/giphy.gif