PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: Webber turned his back and the sound of that horn, by god.

midnightpulp
06-18-2014, 10:06 PM
Cubby's been a good sport so I'm rewarding him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYQDsZljAOY

Thread
06-18-2014, 10:11 PM
Yep, that horn blaring makes it so dramatic. And the way Horry looks down after the shot when he comes to mid court. No game face, just a boyish response.

ezau
06-18-2014, 10:15 PM
How long has it been Laker fans? Stay thirsty:lol

Thread
06-18-2014, 10:19 PM
How long has it been Laker fans? Stay thirsty:lol

4 years ago last nite. Seems like 20 years ago now. I remember driving around town when were down 3-2, flying back from Boston. I thought it was over, you know me. And I saw this sub compact on the highway with two Lakers flag in those little white holders. I tried to catch up to lend support, but, I lost them in the traffic.

IrisHockey
06-18-2014, 10:21 PM
4 years ago last nite. Seems like 20 years ago now. I remember driving around town when were down 3-2, flying back from Boston. I thought it was over, you know me. And I saw this sub compact on the highway with two Lakers flag in those little white holders. I tried to catch up to lend support, but, I lost them in the traffic.

Meh never really thought the Celtics were going to win that series on LA's turf

midnightpulp
06-18-2014, 10:23 PM

You flew to Boston for the game?

I thought you never left your barca and CPU?

Bulaien999
06-18-2014, 10:26 PM
You flew to Boston for the game?

I thought you never left your barca and CPU?

Its his religion

Thread
06-18-2014, 10:29 PM
Meh never really thought the Celtics were going to win that series on LA's turf

From "11 Rings" By Jackson

[[[Midway through the third quarter, the Celtics pushed their edge up to 13, and I decided to step out of character and call two time-outs. This time I couldn't sit back and wait for the players to come up with a solution: I needed to shift the energy immediately.

The trouble was, Kobe wanted to win so badly that he'd abandoned the triangle and reverted to his old gunslinging ways. But he was pressing so hard that he was missing his shots. I told him to trust the offense. "You don't have to do it all by yourself." I said. "Just allow the game to come to you."

This was a classic example of when it's more important to pay attention to the spirit than the scoreboard. Soon after, I overheard Fish formulating a plan with Kobe to have him get back inside the offense when Fish came off the bench and returned to the floor.]]]

midnightpulp
06-18-2014, 10:32 PM
From "11 Rings" By Jackson

[[[Midway through the third quarter, the Celtics pushed their edge up to 13, and I decided to step out of character and call two time-outs. This time I couldn't sit back and wait for the players to come up with a solution: I needed to shift the energy immediately.

The trouble was, Kobe wanted to win so badly that he'd abandoned the triangle and reverted to his old gunslinging ways. But he was pressing so hard that he was missing his shots. I told him to trust the offense. "You don't have to do it all by yourself." I said. "Just allow the game to come to you."

This was a classic example of when it's more important to pay attention to the spirit than the scoreboard. Soon after, I overheard Fish formulating a plan with Kobe to have him get back inside the offense when Fish came off the bench and returned to the floor.]]]

Derek Fisher

I'm glad he's over there in New York. A thorn is our side far too long.

Thread
06-18-2014, 10:33 PM
Derek Fisher

I'm glad he's over there in New York. A thorn is our side far too long.

Absolutely. I'd cited this very moment many a time on this Board, unawares of this book until a fortnight ago.

KaiRMD1
06-18-2014, 10:45 PM
That was such an awesome shot but at the same time heart breaking. FnRobert Horry, that was a sick shot. Do you think Webber ever got over it? Fuck that, it was Divac's fault

Thread
06-18-2014, 11:55 PM
That was such an awesome shot but at the same time heart breaking. FnRobert Horry, that was a sick shot. Do you think Webber ever got over it? Fuck that, it was Divac's fault

No. It's was Webber's fault. All he had to do was stay out there, but, he was always fuckin' around losing focus. And he'll die with the answer because Media has never asked him why he walked away from Horry.

Sean Cagney
06-18-2014, 11:59 PM
Derek Fisher

I'm glad he's over there in New York. A thorn is our side far too long.I am thrilled and even more happy about the fact we retired that guy, fitting. He was a huge thorn in our side though like Battier was at times and both are retired at our expense. A few Spur killers out there gone now! I hope Ray Allen retires too now.

Thread
06-19-2014, 12:03 AM
I am thrilled and even more happy about the fact we retired that guy, fitting. He was a huge thorn in our side though like Battier was at times and both are retired at our expense. A few Spur killers out there gone now! I hope Ray Allen retires too now.

.4 enabled me to invent the bag. & without the bag I'm wandering around AZ Central with my dick in my hand.

baseline bum
06-19-2014, 12:24 AM
I mean I have always hated the Lakers, but I was rooting hard for them in that series. No way I wanted Webber or Divac hoisting a Larry O'Brien. It would have cheapened it, the same way Nash holding it would have. Thank god for 0 & 46, a gift that keeps on giving and only gets better with time.

Sean Cagney
06-19-2014, 12:42 AM
I mean I have always hated the Lakers, but I was rooting hard for them in that series. No way I wanted Webber or Divac hoisting a Larry O'Brien. It would have cheapened it, the same way Nash holding it would have. Thank god for 0 & 46, a gift that keeps on giving and only gets better with time.

I used to diss Webber back then and call him soft to everyone around and laugh at him, around that time I was not a FAN AT ALL! When they lost that game I called my friend and laughed my ass off.

100%duncan
06-19-2014, 12:51 AM
What a clutch player. This gives me chills tbh

~O~
06-19-2014, 01:26 AM
If you look at after the is finished, there's a sick performance of Robert Horry in the NBA finals Spurs @ Pistons. I remember that back when I was in middle school Robert Horry was a killer.

Thread
06-19-2014, 04:13 AM
^& I always thought there was quite a bit more to glean from Horry at the end, but, it was like there was a black ball out on him like there was for Kingman in baseball. That's frustrating for fan and player.