PDA

View Full Version : Patty Mills

jkid12456
06-18-2014, 11:33 PM
:greedy:greedy:greedy:greedy:greedy:greedy:greedy: greedy:greedy:greedy:greedy:greedy:greedy

DarrinS
06-18-2014, 11:35 PM
Hope he stays

baseline bum
06-18-2014, 11:41 PM
No fucking way he's leaving after emceeing the celebration. We gave him a huge ovation on the river and the Dome was chanting his name when he first stepped on stage.

Spurs 4 The Win
06-18-2014, 11:52 PM
No fucking way he's leaving after emceeing the celebration. We gave him a huge ovation on the river and the Dome was chanting his name when he first stepped on stage.

I honestly thought most of the night was aimed at getting him to return, we let him ride with Duncan, then Duncan defelcted the question about his future to Patty, questioning his (seemed kinda scripted to me from Ellio t). Patty was holding the trophy on the boat... Then he emceed and told a personal story about everyone, and really made him the center of attention for a while, I thought it was well planned out tbh /CIA Pop

Btw, i think its clear Duncan is returning by the way Ellio t and crew were talking about being back here next year to celebrate another :lobt2:

Ron Swanson
06-18-2014, 11:52 PM

I got that feeling, too. After hearing him talk about the players and how they're more than just teammates, he genuinely feels like he belongs here.

benfti
06-19-2014, 12:13 AM
I reckon what he might lose from salary he may make up for in endorsements if he stays anyway.

shit ton of Patty Mills HEB ads next year

Mikeanaro
06-19-2014, 01:10 AM
DONT GO PATTYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crc21209
06-19-2014, 01:56 AM

I thought the exact same thing. Sure he could make more money elsewhere, but could he find any better guys to hang around and a team who will contend again next year like this one? Doubt it. Come back Patty!

Sean Cagney
06-19-2014, 01:59 AM
He had better damn stay.. I don't want some bum backup next year after Tony, he was our fire starter.

tony77
06-19-2014, 02:43 AM
I thought the same thing

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-19-2014, 05:52 AM
I reckon what he might lose from salary he may make up for in endorsements if he stays anyway.

shit ton of Patty Mills HEB ads next year

He will get a lot of endorsements from Australian companies seeing that the socceroos are already out of the World Cup.

MarioSpeedwagon
06-19-2014, 06:05 AM
Maybe they can get him to stay for one more year. Like give him a contract with player options after each year, so that he'd still get paid if he gets injured but can opt out next year and become a starter somewhere if he wants. Can't blame a guy for eventually wanting to be a starter in this league

buttsR4rebounding
06-19-2014, 07:11 AM
I can actually see the Spurs overpaying for Patty on ,say, a 3 year deal. I think Tim will play for 2 more years and the Spurs have a commitment to Tim to do whatever it takes to put them back for number 6. This is why he took a pay cut, right?

xmas1997
06-19-2014, 07:16 AM
I think a lot of the difference in what another team will offer him will be made up by having no state income tax in Texas, at least I hope so anyway.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-19-2014, 07:37 AM
People compare him to the Speedy Claxton situation. The difference here is, Parker is going to be 33 next year, not 22. Also, the Spurs were trying to sign Kidd and Claxton was signed before Kidd had made up his mind to go back to the Nets.

I said numerous times that the Spurs probably could make the Finals with out Parker playing was due to the fact the Spurs had Mills. Spurs won 8 straight without Parker and that was largely due in part from the play of Mills during that stretch. And tbh, I thought it was the best the Spurs played all season when Parker was out.

At this point, I don't see Patty leaving unless someone throws an 8-10 mil a year contract at him, which I highly doubt. Most teams interested only have 3-5mil to offer Mills. Spurs will match if that is his price range.

DarrinS
06-19-2014, 07:40 AM
Give him Bonner's money

DarrinS
06-19-2014, 07:41 AM
Lol, Jeff Ayres made more than Patty -- that's just sad

buttsR4rebounding
06-19-2014, 07:56 AM
That helps a little, but NBA players have to pay income taxes in each state that they play games in. If it is in high tax states like NY or California it can make a 5% to 8%.

will_spurs
06-19-2014, 08:03 AM

That's the first thing I said in the thread with the rumor of the Knicks interest in Mills: a ring = many endorsements, especially in his home country. Just think how many endorsements a Spanish player would get right now given the Spanish soccer team early exit!

Salary is in no way the only source of income for players who reach a certain level of fame. Parker is all over the place in France.

Emperor
06-19-2014, 08:22 AM
Pretty sure he'll stay unless some team overpays him. I'm sure the thought of repeating what they just accomplished might convince him to remain a Spur.

DJR210
06-19-2014, 09:24 AM

:lol hosting a celebration is definitely worth more than several million dollars raise

cantthinkofanything
06-19-2014, 09:29 AM
Only heard the tail end of it this morning but Craig Miller from the Ticket seemed to think he was staying. I think he had several reasons including a contact close to the the origination. He mentioned $10,000,000 but I didn't hear the context.

bigfan
06-19-2014, 09:31 AM
Its a business folks and if some team offers him stupid money I would not blame him for taking it. The Spurs are working really hard to get him to stay (totally obvious) and I imagine if the money is close he will. He will just have to balance the money with the friendship of his teammates.

Jimcs50
06-19-2014, 09:33 AM
Patty is standing pat.

bklynspursfan
06-19-2014, 09:42 AM
He was talking about how close the team is and how they are his best friends. It's hard to imagine him leaving after what he said, but who knows. I think the team (and more importantly the big 3) genuinely like him on the team.

Drom John
06-19-2014, 10:16 AM
I don't think this was CIA Pop.
Instead I see psych major Tim recruiting.

Mr. Body
06-19-2014, 10:53 AM
He's not going anywhere. Even if the Spurs have to overpay a bit, they will. His value for team chemistry is nearly priceless beyond what he does on the court.

davidbowie
06-19-2014, 11:15 AM
it was kinda weird last night. he seemed pretty genuine calling all the players his best friends. if he left now it would be sorta shitty tbh

i'm sure it was discussed but why didnt tim just announce last night that he was coming back. im pretty sure earlier sean even said they had a surprise for the rally. just seemed like the perfect opportunity. now im scared he's gonna retire lol :(

cantthinkofanything
06-19-2014, 11:19 AM
Maybe Patty will have a 30 minute TV special where he'll reveal his decision to the world.

Ditty
06-19-2014, 11:22 AM
Him and Boris seem to be best friends. Depending on what happens to Boris will depend on patty staying or not imo.

phxspurfan
06-19-2014, 11:27 AM
Maybe Patty will have a 30 minute TV special where he'll reveal his decision to the world.

No, 1 hour with an obscure reporter and "donate money to charity"

phxspurfan
06-19-2014, 11:29 AM
Btw Patty if you're reading this, take the money. You've already reached the pinnacle. Now you need to look out for the rest of your life. Unless you like being broke, take the big money and bank it bro! You can't hang out with your friends forever, and you can still say hi when the Sixers/Knicks come to town!

Pako
06-19-2014, 11:38 AM
San Antonio is the best place for Patty and he knows it. Depends if he wants money and playing time than his impact on the game...
If he becomes like Barrea and go to other team just to take money/playing time, I don't think he will be effective than with Spurs....Just my thoughts on him.
I believe he'll come back to Spurs and they will give him a good contract not bad contract....

benefactor
06-19-2014, 11:42 AM
He and Boris will be back. Relax folks.

Mugen
06-19-2014, 11:46 AM
Btw Patty if you're reading this, take the money. You've already reached the pinnacle. Now you need to look out for the rest of your life. Unless you like being broke, take the big money and bank it bro! You can't hang out with your friends forever, and you can still say hi when the Sixers/Knicks come to town!

He won't be playing for free if he stays in SA tbh.

benefactor
06-19-2014, 11:49 AM
:lol being broke. So he's going to play for like 20k a year in SA?

He'll still make millions. You act like he will be paid like a Whataburger employee if he decides to re-sign.

Trill Clinton
06-19-2014, 11:50 AM
saw him at the barbershop this morning and he said he's staying here in SA.

Aztecfan03
06-19-2014, 12:23 PM

:lol

T Park
06-19-2014, 12:26 PM

Yeah making 3-4 million a year in a state with no income tax practically makes him a pauper.

kobyz
06-19-2014, 12:40 PM
Give him a kangaroo to seduce him to stay...

TampaDude
06-19-2014, 12:46 PM
That helps a little, but NBA players have to pay income taxes in each state that they play games in. If it is in high tax states like NY or California it can make a 5% to 8%.

Fucking government faggots.

DJR210
06-19-2014, 12:49 PM

:lol like he needs to go to a barber to get a zero all around

FromWayDowntown
06-19-2014, 12:54 PM
Certainly can't blame Patty if he takes the money and/or the chance to run the show somewhere else.

I do think the Spurs can offer more than money in the sense that Tony is obviously going to get lots of down time in the next few seasons and Pop can use Patty in a way that makes him something of the co-starter at the point on a team that has title aspirations rather than being the unquestioned starter at the point elsewhere. If the elsewhere is a team that has legitimate playoff chops, the money and playing time may be too much for Patty to pass up.

Still, they should just put him in a room with the basketball reference pages of Speedy Claxton, Gary Neal, and a few others who took more money to go to much worse situations.

06-19-2014, 01:33 PM
If Patty decides to take the money, fine.

All I ask is he doesn't take it in Miami if they somehow find a way to make it work financially.

Mugen
06-19-2014, 05:08 PM
Philly is a great option for Patty if he decides to leave tbh.

The Sixers can offer him a ton of money and they're coached by the same guy that brought Patty to the spurs. It's a fit bball wise as well as MCW is a big playmaking guard since Patty really is a 2 on offense. They're the biggest threat for his services tbh.

BackHome
06-19-2014, 08:27 PM
Who the hell would want to live in Philly?

Mel_13
06-19-2014, 08:30 PM
Who the hell would want to live in Philly?

Someone offered 5 million dollars a year to play a game there.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-19-2014, 09:22 PM
18-22/4 should make him happy enough to stay I would've thought. I don;t see the point in offering him a shorter contract - lock him up for the next 4 years of his prime, he's a perfect player to help with the post-Duncan/Ginobili transition.

tony77
06-20-2014, 02:56 PM
Mills is doing a signing at a local HEB store, what a better place to hear hundreds of people tell Patty the same thing.. "I hope you stay"

Mel_13
06-20-2014, 02:58 PM
Mills is doing a signing at a local HEB store, what a better place to hear hundreds of people tell Patty the same thing.. "I hope you stay"

Spurs fans, want to meet Patty Mills? Come out to the HEB located at Loop 1604 & Bandera Rd tmrw (June 21) from 10-11AM

poeticism707
06-20-2014, 05:29 PM
:lol being broke. So he's going to play for like 20k a year in SA?

He'll still make millions. You act like he will be paid like a Whataburger employee if he decides to re-sign.

:rollin:rollin:rollin

Holt,

being interviewed,

listed the ages of the

young guns,

about why they

can repeat.

Holt and the

FO ain't stupid.

If they have to

overpay a bit to

get their stud

backup PG,

to TP who is 32,

they will.

If Patty leaves,

it will be for starter's spot,

not due to the Spurs

not matching.

Prose
06-20-2014, 05:40 PM
I honestly thought most of the night was aimed at getting him to return, we let him ride with Duncan, then Duncan defelcted the question about his future to Patty, questioning his (seemed kinda scripted to me from Ellio t). Patty was holding the trophy on the boat... Then he emceed and told a personal story about everyone, and really made him the center of attention for a while, I thought it was well planned out tbh /CIA Pop

Btw, i think its clear Duncan is returning by the way Ellio t and crew were talking about being back here next year to celebrate another :lobt2:

My thoughts exactly brother

weeks
06-20-2014, 07:13 PM
i just hope he didn't read anything robdiaz wrote tbh

Darkwaters
06-20-2014, 07:22 PM
Obviously we're going to make a hard run at keeping Patty. And I think he stays.

What about Baynes though? What is the chance that we keep him?

BackHome
06-20-2014, 07:37 PM
Only two players who can go are Bonner and Austin....Bring in Bertrans and either our draft pick or free agent.