PDA

View Full Version : TP interview : No worries

Bruno
08-17-2005, 04:29 PM
http://www.tp9.net/en/itw.php?id=81

• August 17th, 2005

No worries

How is your knee ?

Everything is well. I am recovering very well with a lot of work and massages. In the past three days I got back into running in the mountains. There are no worries, the knee is fine. As planned with the Spurs, I will wait until August 20th to practice on the court again. « Pop » wanted me rest my knee, which is what I am doing right now. I told him that the national team was too important for me not to make it to Euro 2005.

Did you have to fight in order to convince him ?

It was simple, I had to cut short my holidays in order to fly back to San Antonio and negotiate with him. Yes, I had to fight to convince him.

France faced Belgium yesterday. You followed the game from the bench. Not too frustrated ?

No, not at all. To the opposite I think it was very good as other players were able to express themselves. They were able to showcase to Claude Bergeaud what they were capable of to bring to this team for the European championships.

What do you see about this win against Belgium (74-56) ?

It is only the beginning of our quest. It remains an enormous work ahead of us at practice, both on the offensive and defensive sides. As a starter, we must learn to understand each other and play together. This will take some time but it is good to start with a win.

Antoine Rigaudeau was designated team captain. You did not want this title following Euro 2003.

I think it is extremely important to share responsibilities, thus it is very good that Antoine comes back to the national team and becomes our captain. We will both be the leaders on the floor but off the court, we need a guy like Didier Deschamps (former captain of the French national soccer team that won the 1998 World Cup and now coach of AS Monaco). For me, he embodies the role of captain. A captain is someone that must often speak and with his experience and everything he has lived through in Europe, Antoine will take that role to perfection.

Outside of basketball, there are some relaxing moments with the group.

Absolutely. This afternoon, we were on the mountain, climbing a rock 250 meters high (750 feet~ ! It was very impressive.

First impression ?

(Laugh). I was sick. I really do not know how I made it ! On Monday, Mike Pietrus (Golden State Warriors) went climbing on a wall with our eyes covered. We wanted to feel some new sensations and I can tell that we got what we deserved.

What are your plans for tonight ?

Like everyone else, I will be in fron the television to watch the soccer game between France and the Ivory Coast. Zizou (Zinedine Zidane) has a lot of pressure on his shoulders. Everyone is waiting for him but I am not worried for him, I think he is ready for this new challenge

boutons
08-17-2005, 04:36 PM
damn! Isn't "escalade" forbidden in NBA contracts? :)

GoSpurs21
08-17-2005, 04:43 PM
I cant believe Tony is playing for France even though he was born in Belgium. Every Belgium that I know looks down on the French, and all the French I know look down on the Belgiums. I wonder if Belgium feels TP is a trader and a riffle dropper?

ObiwanGinobili
08-17-2005, 04:54 PM
Absolutely. This afternoon, we were on the mountain, climbing a rock 250 meters high (750 feet~ ! It was very impressive.

way to ease Pop's fears TP. :rolleyes.

Solid D
08-17-2005, 04:56 PM
I'm not so sure running in the mountains is that great for the knees...but whatever, kid. I had a Doc tell me one time that the Chondromalacia in my knees was probably due to all the pounding from jogging and running stairs in football. Basketball is bad enough on them.

T Park
08-17-2005, 04:57 PM
WTF is Parker doing messing with this horseshit.

Get home, work on your goddamn jumpshot, and do shit for the team that pays you 11 fuckin million a year Parker.

Messing around witha losing fuckin cause in the French team is bullshit.

Mark in Austin
08-17-2005, 05:03 PM
There goes tpark pulling his punches again. :lol

Lady M
08-17-2005, 05:04 PM
damn! Isn't "escalade" forbidden in NBA contracts? :)
it wasn't real escalade,
they climb with cords a "wall"

smeagol
08-17-2005, 05:19 PM
WTF is Parker doing messing with this horseshit.

Get home, work on your goddamn jumpshot, and do shit for the team that pays you 11 fuckin million a year Parker.

Messing around witha losing fuckin cause in the French team is bullshit.
:rolleyes

spurster
08-17-2005, 07:21 PM
This puts more pressure on Buford and Pop to get that desperately needed 3rd PG.

:)

Bruno
08-21-2005, 02:01 PM
Some updates :
It was not real "escalade". It was "via ferrata".
It's a mountain with ladder, bridges made with ropes ( like in indiana jones).
It's very easy (even shaq could do it).

France win over Belgium (74-56), tony didn't play.
http://www.basketfrance.com/actu/actu.php?id=1851

I have seen today tony make some practice with Rigaudeau and he looks very good. The next game to prepare the euro will be the 27th august against Spain and French players are with their family until 25th august. So no worry for his injury.

Some TV capture of Tony I made today :

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6393/snapshot163sw.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8219/snapshot192ym.jpg