PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Kawhi will celebrate too much over the summer?

Outlier
06-19-2014, 06:37 AM
In one of those videos this is what he says. I hope he doesn't lose focus as a player and gains bad influences to steer him away from being great. Hoping all of the finals mvp chants doesn't get to his head, man... There's more championships to win and it all starts with him from now on. Hope Pop holds him accountable over the summer to keep him motivated.

will_spurs
06-19-2014, 06:38 AM
He's probably back at the gym already. Not worried in the least.

100%duncan
06-19-2014, 06:53 AM
The way some of ya'll talk gets me thinking if you have a life.

exstatic
06-19-2014, 06:58 AM
He's already scheduled to work out with Tim Grover, strength and fitness guru to Michael Jordan, and is slated to go to camp with USA*Basketball. I think he'll be fine.

Poolboy5623
06-19-2014, 11:35 AM
I could tell pretty easy, that kawhi was saying them things just to sound "cool." Little did he know the fans would take it as, "Omg kawhi is going to party all summer." He has too much at stake to be dicking around. He knows this.

cantthinkofanything
06-19-2014, 11:40 AM
They were talking about him on the radio and I think a SI article. Saying how grounded he was. Drives a Chevy Malibu and washes it himself every day in honor of his pops. Of course, money and fame can change people but he sure doesn't seem that type.

Kool Bob Love
06-19-2014, 11:50 AM
Kawhi is the youngest finals MVP since 99 duncan. Let him live it up and enjoy the summer jeez.

-21-
06-19-2014, 11:51 AM
They were talking about him on the radio and I think a SI article. Saying how grounded he was. Drives a Chevy Malibu and washes it himself every day in honor of his pops. Of course, money and fame can change people but he sure doesn't seem that type.
Any link to the article? I would love to read that.

thiste
06-19-2014, 11:52 AM
I'm sure every member of the team knows they have a window of opportunity that started a few days ago. There is a good chance we can clinch one or two more titles in the years to come if we stay focused and together.

I'm sure Kawhi is absolutely aware of that and I don't think he would pass on one or two more titles.

They'll stay focused.

Aztecfan03
06-19-2014, 12:20 PM
Kawhi is the youngest finals MVP since 82 Magic. Let him live it up and enjoy the summer jeez.

FIFY. The sites that say duncan was 22 are wrong. Magic won it at age 20 and 22 though.

T Park
06-19-2014, 12:23 PM
In one of those videos this is what he says. I hope he doesn't lose focus as a player and gains bad influences to steer him away from being great. Hoping all of the finals mvp chants doesn't get to his head, man... There's more championships to win and it all starts with him from now on. Hope Pop holds him accountable over the summer to keep him motivated.

You don't get out much do you....

Ron Swanson
06-19-2014, 12:24 PM
I bet he's banging smack and robbing a liquor store right now.

peacemaker885
06-19-2014, 12:27 PM
I doubt it. Maintaining that physique is very hard work.

kobyz
06-19-2014, 12:30 PM
It feels like Kawhi wanna just go back to the jym already, but they force him to celebrate!

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-19-2014, 12:34 PM
He's been smiling an awful lot lately. If he doesn't get that shit under control he's going to miss training camp with torn ligaments in his face.

Budkin
06-19-2014, 12:37 PM
He's been smiling an awful lot lately. If he doesn't get that shit under control he's going to miss training camp with torn ligaments in his face.

:lol

r0drig0lac
06-19-2014, 12:48 PM
The way some of ya'll talk gets me thinking if you have a life.

this

DarrinS
06-19-2014, 01:04 PM
He's probably back at the gym already. Not worried in the least.

Beat me to it

Jenks
06-19-2014, 01:19 PM
He's earned all the celebration he can handle this summer.

gameFACE
06-19-2014, 02:02 PM

spurraider21
06-19-2014, 02:04 PM
i hope so. dude deserves a good time. in fact, i'd consider it a failure if he doesn't end up snorting coke out of a stripper's asshole

letmk
06-19-2014, 02:07 PM
I didn't follow, but is he among the invitees to US National Team?

RD2191
06-19-2014, 02:09 PM
i hope so. dude deserves a good time. in fact, i'd consider it a failure if he doesn't end up snorting coke out of a stripper's asshole
:lmao

tesseractive
06-19-2014, 02:16 PM
He seems like just about the least likely guy to let something like this go to his head, but if it happens, he's got Pop, Duncan and a whole team full of people that won't let something like that slide, even during the summer.

davidbowie
06-19-2014, 02:18 PM
he deserves 72 virgins

Jimcs50
06-19-2014, 02:25 PM

Pop always has stated that he is a gym rat, he is 1st at practice and last to leave, that he actually has to kick him out of the gym.

I do not think people change their true personality traits with success.

I think he will work extra hard this off season and even be a better shooter a better passer.

Jimcs50
06-19-2014, 02:28 PM
he deserves 72 virgins

WTF wants 72 virgins anyway? I don't know about you guys, but there are times when I want her to have experience in how to make sex extra great. You know, sometimes, a finger up your ass is just the ticket.

:p:

Outlier
06-19-2014, 02:43 PM
A lot of optimists in here. I don't know about yall but i went through a lot of changes when i was 22. This is the time one chooses who he wants to be for the rest of his life. He's not fully matured yet.

cantthinkofanything
06-19-2014, 02:52 PM
Any link to the article? I would love to read that.

I haven't read it either. The sports host had read it and was talking about some of the points. I think he said it was in SI. But yeah...I'd like to find that one.

timtonymanu
06-19-2014, 02:53 PM

You're just nitpicking.

cantthinkofanything
06-19-2014, 02:57 PM

correction to this...he upgraded his vehicle. but drove the Malibu still while making 2,000,000 because it was paid for already.

Spur|n|Austin
06-19-2014, 03:24 PM
He's already scheduled to work out with Tim Grover, strength and fitness guru to Michael Jordan, and is slated to go to camp with USA*Basketball. I think he'll be fine.

I didn't know he was going to be working with Grover this summer, that's really badass. This kid is going places (obviously).

SnakeBoy
06-19-2014, 03:36 PM
Don't think there's anything to worry about, Leonard sounds as grounded as they come. Although it'll be interesting over the summer to see if he shuns national attention as much as Timmy has.

Leonard said he will take time off, maybe take a vacation and then start preparing for next season, spending most of his time in San Antonio and Southern California.

In the meantime, the demands on Leonard's time will increase. The late-night talk shows want him as a guest, and the Spurs are taking hundreds of calls for interview requests.

The exposure also could open endorsement possibilities for Leonard, who has regional sponsorship deals with McDonald's, AT&T, BBVA Compass bank and Texas-based grocery chain H-E-B. He also is transitioning from Nike to Jordan Brand and received a congratulatory text message from Michael Jordan after Game 5.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/spurs/2014/06/17/kawhi-leonard-spurs-nba-championship-finals-mvp-contract-extension/10696727/

Jimcs50
06-19-2014, 03:42 PM
Leonard said he will take time off, maybe take a vacation and then start preparing for next season, spending most of his time in San Antonio and Southern California.

In the meantime, the demands on Leonard's time will increase. The late-night talk shows want him as a guest, and the Spurs are taking hundreds of calls for interview requests.

In order to be on a talk show, one must talk.

boutons_deux
06-19-2014, 04:04 PM
Acclaim and accolades came very fast for Leonard. Will he be able to handle it as well as TD21?

siraulo23
06-19-2014, 04:13 PM
:lol wtf this is the second post i read talking about this shit, seriously???

HI-FI
06-19-2014, 04:31 PM
he took the last summer off to heal his tendonitis iirc. I hope he enjoys this summer and doesn't overwork himself. As long as he doesn't do anything stupid, he can chill out, blaze up or party with his friends, I don't care. I imagine he'll be back in the gym sooner than most.

Jimcs50
06-19-2014, 04:37 PM
he took the last summer off to heal his tendonitis iirc. I hope he enjoys this summer and doesn't overwork himself. As long as he doesn't do anything stupid, he can chill out, blaze up or party with his friends, I don't care. I imagine he'll be back in the gym sooner than most.

Do they do drug testing in NBA?

manufan10
06-19-2014, 05:01 PM
Some of y'all have overactive imaginations. Cool the jets. At this point, Kawhi is who he is. He's not going to change that. If he had issues with being lazy or not working hard you would have a point. However, the opposite has been reported about him.

HI-FI
06-19-2014, 05:07 PM
Do they do drug testing in NBA?
Yes, but blazing is still common in the NBA.

LakerHater
06-19-2014, 05:17 PM
Hes gotta report to Team USA with KD the person who was talkin crap abt him & Lebron!

Jimcs50
06-19-2014, 08:13 PM
Yes, but blazing is still common in the NBA.

It's pretty common everywhere. Lol

703 Spurz
06-19-2014, 08:49 PM
He's probably going to die of alcohol poisoning tbh. Better trade up in the draft.

objective
06-19-2014, 08:59 PM
Is Grover still they highly thought of? Seems like a relic of the 90s. He has been working his magic with Wade ... And before the finals was doing interviews swearing about how Wade was in incredible shape and about to dominate the finals from what I heard on miami radio after the finals from bitter heat fans.

I think Leonard's skills need more polish than his strength and conditioning.