PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Joel Embid breaks his foot

The Batman
06-19-2014, 10:30 AM
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=11107087&src=desktop

Come on Fredo!

-21-
06-19-2014, 10:41 AM
Too much injuries too soon. As we saw with past bigs like Oden and Sam Bowie these are huge red flags. As talented as he may be, it would suck if he doesn't reach his potential because of injuries.

LkrFan
06-19-2014, 10:43 AM
Excellent. Hopefully he drops in the draft. Michael Jordan broke his foot. It healed.

Edit: Embiid foot isn't broken. OP is retarded. SMH

Mugen
06-19-2014, 10:44 AM
Probably broke it himself to keep the Cavs from drafting him tbh.

Clipper Nation
06-19-2014, 10:44 AM
Joel Odenbiid :lol

LkrFan
06-19-2014, 10:47 AM

:lol

Mugen
06-19-2014, 10:47 AM
Excellent. Hopefully he drops in the draft. Michael Jordan broke his foot. It healed.

Solly cholly, but he aint droppin' to 7 tbh.

Also, the Edit pretty much confirms this nigga's foot is gonna fall off....

http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mecvzxvRb91rfyoaso1_500.gif

LkrFan
06-19-2014, 10:49 AM

Also, the Edit pretty much confirms this nigga's foot is gonna fall off....

http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mecvzxvRb91rfyoaso1_500.gif

The Batman
06-19-2014, 10:50 AM

Fernando with the bads again

JoeTait75
06-19-2014, 10:50 AM
Thank God this happened now and not a week-and-a-half later.

Raven
06-19-2014, 10:55 AM
god loves the cavs tbh

Mugen
06-19-2014, 10:57 AM

LkrFan

Fernando with the bads again
It takes radiologic procedures to confirm. That hasn't happened yet.

Clipper Nation

I can see it now:

- Fredo drafts Doug McDermott at 7
- Luis starts a thread entitled "Grab your ankles and bite your bottom lips, DougieMac is coming to town!"
- McDermott breaks both legs and never plays a game

LkrFan
06-19-2014, 10:58 AM

Trading Kyrie?

The Batman
06-19-2014, 10:58 AM
I can see it now:

- Luis starts a thread entitled "Grab your ankles and bite your bottom lips, DougieMac is coming to town!"

:lmao

baseline bum
06-19-2014, 10:59 AM
Well, looks like Cleveland is going to get a great player with this pick with either Wiggins or Parker, but I still won't rule out them doing something retarded like taking Smart or LaVine #1.

Mugen
06-19-2014, 11:00 AM
I can see it now:

:lol Knowing Fredo's recent run, Jabari probably falls to 7 but decides to be a missionary in Uganda 'til Kirby retires tbh

Mugen
06-19-2014, 11:01 AM
If these dummies are seriously considering Exum at 1 then they should trade the pick to Philly for #3 and #10.

:lol If they take Exum at 1 tbh.............

LkrFan
06-19-2014, 11:03 AM
I can see it now:

If we get McBuckets, I will be genuinely pissed. But alas, we have R Kelly on the roster. We met our quota for unathletic players with "high IQ" on the roster already. :)

baseline bum
06-19-2014, 11:04 AM
Thank God this happened now and not a week-and-a-half later.

Embiid would have been such a mistake. A big who can only play 23 minutes a game in college is going to be someone you're depending on to go 38 minutes against Duncan, Howard, Horford, Drummond, Noah, Valaciunas, Vucevic, etc.?

The Batman
06-19-2014, 11:09 AM
It takes radiologic procedures to confirm. That hasn't happened yet.

Yao Embiid

Clipper Nation
06-19-2014, 11:12 AM
If we get McBuckets, I will be genuinely pissed. But alas, we have R Kelly on the roster. We met our quota for unathletic players with "high IQ" on the roster already. :)
We all know you'll be :downspin:ing dat shit.... probably something about how "you farmers need to be scared" because "Kobe will teach McBuckets the killer instinct" :lol

Raven
06-19-2014, 11:15 AM
Embiid would have been such a mistake. A big who can only play 23 minutes a game in college is going to be someone you're depending on to go 38 minutes against Duncan, Howard, Horford, Drummond, Noah, Valaciunas, Vucevic, etc.?

not to mention, this is a sf league and they have the chance to draft a franchise one that also happens to be a team player and a defender. SF also has been their biggest hole for years.

LkrFan
06-19-2014, 11:16 AM
Yao Embiid

LkrFan
06-19-2014, 11:28 AM
not to mention, this is a sf league and they have the chance to draft a franchise one that also happens to be a team player and a defender. SF also has been their biggest hole for years.
Not really. If you have a fundamentally sound big guarding the yard (i.e. Duncan), you can erase a lot of a perimeter oriented team's strengths (i.e. Miami).

This is is still a big man's game. Problem is we have only a few good 2-way bigs and a million good to great perimeter players. A lot of this shit Miami gets away with wouldn't fly in the '80s when we had great pivot play: Dream, Olajuwon, Admiral. Or in the '90s with Zo, Mutumbo, and Shaq.

See how Bosh and Wade looked average in the Finals and were reduced to jump shooters? Blame that on Duncan guarding the yard the way a big should.

Nowadays with the touch foul rules and sorry ass centers, it makes players look better than they are. Especially Wade. Any clown can go to the hole and dunk, lay it up, or get a phantom and-1 call and look like a superstar. Or get ref protection - making defenders get more tentative - which creates an illusion that a player is great, at least to the average farmer, that is. Wade made a HOF career out of that shit play.

Draft Embiid. Teach him fundamentals and watch him guard the yard, rebound, and eventually become competent offensively. As long as he stays healthy (big if), there is no reason to think he won't be at least serviceable. I hope he drops to 7, but I doubt it.

LkrFan
06-19-2014, 11:35 AM
We all know you'll be :downspin:ing dat shit.... probably something about how "you farmers need to be scared" because "Kobe will teach McBuckets the killer instinct" :lol
Bullshiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. They bet not draft Adam Morrison 2.:lol

kobe4life
06-19-2014, 11:45 AM
If the Lakers get Embid look out its going to be a great rid. God-Embid would be just as good as God-Shaq. I can't wait for this to happen its going to usher in another great era in Laker's basketball.

-21-
06-19-2014, 11:48 AM
Seriously? Even with the foot injury, Embiid won't drop down to 7. Keep dreaming Laker fans.

RD2191
06-19-2014, 12:13 PM
I've been saying all year that this dude has bust written all over him.

LkrFan
06-19-2014, 12:16 PM
Seriously? Even with the foot injury, Embiid won't drop down to 7. Keep dreaming Laker fans.
:depressed

RsxPiimp
06-19-2014, 12:22 PM

MarioSpeedwagon
06-19-2014, 12:22 PM
Probably broke it himself to keep the Cavs from drafting him tbh.
Lol

RsxPiimp
06-19-2014, 12:24 PM

:lmao

The Gemini Method
06-19-2014, 12:32 PM
McBuckets!!!

Raven
06-19-2014, 01:11 PM
Not really. If you have a fundamentally sound big guarding the yard (i.e. Duncan), you can erase a lot of a perimeter oriented team's strengths (i.e. Miami).

This is is still a big man's game. Problem is we have only a few good 2-way bigs and a million good to great perimeter players. A lot of this shit Miami gets away with wouldn't fly in the '80s when we had great pivot play: Dream, Olajuwon, Admiral. Or in the '90s with Zo, Mutumbo, and Shaq.

See how Bosh and Wade looked average in the Finals and were reduced to jump shooters? Blame that on Duncan guarding the yard the way a big should.

Nowadays with the touch foul rules and sorry ass centers, it makes players look better than they are. Especially Wade. Any clown can go to the hole and dunk, lay it up, or get a phantom and-1 call and look like a superstar. Or get ref protection - making defenders get more tentative - which creates an illusion that a player is great, at least to the average farmer, that is. Wade made a HOF career out of that shit play.

Draft Embiid. Teach him fundamentals and watch him guard the yard, rebound, and eventually become competent offensively. As long as he stays healthy (big if), there is no reason to think he won't be at least serviceable. I hope he drops to 7, but I doubt it.

if that would be the case, we wouldn't be forced to play diaw instead of splitter when splitter was having a field practice whenever the ball went to him.

Seventyniner
06-19-2014, 01:22 PM
If these dummies are seriously considering Exum at 1 then they should trade the pick to Philly for #3 and #10.

:lol If they take Exum at 1 tbh.............

They took Bennett at 1 last year...

Then again nobody really wanted that first pick.

Mel_13
06-19-2014, 04:59 PM
Joel Embiid has suffered a stress fracture in his right foot and will have surgery Friday, agent Arn Tellem said.

The stress fracture is in the navicular bone of the Kansas center's right foot.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--joel-embiid-awaiting-final-analysis-on-a-possible-fractured-right-foot-180140657.html

TheGoldStandard
06-19-2014, 05:30 PM
Portland is on the phone with Cleveland seeking the 1st pick in the draft.. they love Embiid

JoeTait75
06-19-2014, 05:31 PM
Joel Embiid has suffered a stress fracture in his right foot and will have surgery Friday, agent Arn Tellem said.

The stress fracture is in the navicular bone of the Kansas center's right foot.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--joel-embiid-awaiting-final-analysis-on-a-possible-fractured-right-foot-180140657.html

Same part of the foot Big Z kept breaking, IIRC.

Mel_13
06-19-2014, 05:34 PM
Same part of the foot Big Z kept breaking, IIRC.

Yao as well, if I'm not mistaken

tlongII
06-19-2014, 05:43 PM
I'm just glad we don't have the 1st pick this year.

06-19-2014, 06:02 PM
Portland is on the phone with Cleveland seeking the 1st pick in the draft.. they love Embiid

Spurs9
06-19-2014, 07:23 PM
Spurs will draft him when he drops.

TVI
06-19-2014, 07:34 PM
Any clown can go to the hole and dunk, lay it up, or get a phantom and-1 call and look like a superstar. Or get ref protection - making defenders get more tentative - which creates an illusion that a player is great, at least to the average farmer, that is.
You just described Westbook's game (when he's not chucking).

Mugen
06-19-2014, 07:36 PM
A big with back issues and now foot issues is just baaaaaaad news tbh. I'd love to see another dominant big man in the league because I haven't seen once since Prime Duncan tbh but this kid has all sorts of red flags without even playing a second.....

RD2191
06-19-2014, 07:38 PM
A big with back issues and now foot issues is just baaaaaaad news tbh. I'd love to see another dominant big man in the league because I haven't seen once since Prime Duncan tbh but this kid has all sorts of red flags without even playing a second.....
Anthony Davis is a beast, tbh.

Mugen
06-19-2014, 07:40 PM
Anthony Davis is a beast, tbh.

Doesn't have the post game yet. He's more Garnett than Duncan. I miss the days of throwing it down low and watching a big do work. Old Timmy and Big Al are probably the only ones left with a legit post game.

RD2191
06-19-2014, 07:42 PM
Doesn't have the post game yet. He's more Garnett than Duncan. I miss the days of throwing it down low and watching a big do work. Old Timmy and Big Al are probably the only ones left with a legit post game.
Well if he works on it he could be deadly. Dude's a monster as is.

Mugen
06-19-2014, 07:49 PM
Well if he works on it he could be deadly. Dude's a monster as is.

He'll be a Top 3-4 player by the end of next season barring injury.

Brunodf
06-19-2014, 07:57 PM
If he drops to 30, maybe we should give him a chance tbh...

SupremeGuy
06-19-2014, 08:28 PM
I can see it now:

- McDermott breaks both legs and never plays a game:lol

ambchang
06-20-2014, 04:45 AM

Nowadays with the touch foul rules and sorry ass centers, it makes players look better than they are. Especially Wade. Any clown can go to the hole and dunk, lay it up, or get a phantom and-1 call and look like a superstar. Or get ref protection - making defenders get more tentative - which creates an illusion that a player is great, at least to the average farmer, that is. Kobe made a HOF career out of that shit play.

Fify

ambchang
06-20-2014, 04:49 AM

Randolph, Lopez, got some pretty good moves down low.

Chinook
06-20-2014, 12:49 PM
People on other forums are trying to compare Embiid's injury to Noel's last year. They are completely different. Noel should be fine for the rest of his career. Embiid is done. Whether Joel ends up playing for one year or a dozen years, the player people thought he could be is now gone forever. Stress fractures never actually heal, and they just get worse with time. His best hope is to land somewhere where he can be a low-usage player off the bench.

Obviously, a team like the Spurs would be ideal, but Philly could be good if they let him stay behind Noel. Phoenix is another option if they keep Plumlee a head of him. It's likely though that he'll still be drafted highly be some team that will try to make him the franchise's workhorse.

Thread
06-20-2014, 01:10 PM
^Food for thought.

Thread
06-21-2014, 08:08 AM
I found this over on the ESPN Board this morning:::

Ed Jackson (https://www.facebook.com/ed.jackson.7798) · Works at Crystal Run Healthcare (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crystal-Run-Healthcare/553054024762494)Physical Therapist here, see a lot of sports injuries. navicular fractures are a nightmare for athletes, especially large/heavy ones who jump a lot (ie this guy).
The navicular connects the Cuneiform and the talus (which is the keystone of the ankle)
The navic and talus are notoriously blessed with poor circulation, leading to poor healing.
The navic also makes up the top portion of the medial side of the arch of your foot, it's a BAD bone to break, especially for a jumper/runner.
I thought this guy had a bright future, but seeing this I think he should be passed on, even in the top 10.

TDMVPDPOY
06-21-2014, 08:32 AM
76s should draft him and tank again

Thread
06-21-2014, 08:35 AM
If that would happen to Leonard the bag would stay ensconced in San Antonio for all times.

LkrFan
06-21-2014, 08:55 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if they (Lakers and his agent) put this "injury" out there to make him drop to us in the draft:

- Lakers draft him
- Embiid "has successful surgery" and subsequent rehab
- Dr. Klapper goes on BSPN Radio to talk timelines on his return
- Embiid goes on to average 13/10/2 in his rookie campaign

He goes on to anchor our defense for the next 15 years and make several all star teams. All you farmers cry foul. Just like with Kobe, Lakers got the best player in the draft without the #1 pick. :downspin:

Kidd K
06-21-2014, 09:17 AM
3 #1 picks in 4 years.

NBA needs a "bottom 5 exemption rule" or some shit to stop rewarding tankers with superstar picks year after year. You get a top 3-5 pick, you can't get another for 3 years. Fair imo. This Cavs draft pick food stamps shit since LeBron left is getting old.

midnightpulp
06-21-2014, 09:20 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if they (Lakers and his agent) put this "injury" out there to make him drop to us in the draft:

- Lakers draft him
- Embiid "has successful surgery" and subsequent rehab
- Dr. Klapper goes on BSPN Radio to talk timelines on his return
- Embiid goes on to average 13/10/2 in his rookie campaign

He goes on to anchor our defense for the next 15 years and make several all star teams. All you farmers cry foul. Just like with Kobe, Lakers got the best player in the draft without the #1 pick. :downspin:

Cursed it. Now it won't happen.

Either Embiid gets drafted before 7. Or the Lakers take a flyer on him and he winds up being the next Greg Oden.

LkrFan
06-21-2014, 09:41 AM
Cursed it. Now it won't happen.

Either Embiid gets drafted before 7. Or the Lakers take a flyer on him and he winds up being the next Greg Oden.
N:lolpe - curse died when Indiana beat John Wall.

Besides, the above is a hypothetical and/or conspiracy theory. Not a LkrFan guarantee ;)

Thread
06-21-2014, 12:36 PM
3 #1 picks in 4 years.

NBA needs a "bottom 5 exemption rule" or some shit to stop rewarding tankers with superstar picks year after year. You get a top 3-5 pick, you can't get another for 3 years. Fair imo. This Cavs draft pick food stamps shit since LeBron left is getting old.

You conspired with Diaw to bring him aboard which led to a Championship. Shut up.

Kidd K
06-21-2014, 01:25 PM
You conspired with Diaw to bring him aboard which led to a Championship. Shut up.

Nobody wanted Diaw when we brought him aboard. Unless your foolishly claiming that was a conspiracy. . . :lol

Thread
06-21-2014, 01:29 PM
Nobody wanted Diaw when we brought him aboard. Unless your foolishly claiming that was a conspiracy. . . :lol

That's neither here nor there. You conspired with him to bring him to San Antonio. You bore the fruits of his labors after you cheated. Don't fret, everybody cheats. You're just the next asshole in the line to do it.

Kidd K
06-21-2014, 01:33 PM
That's neither here nor there. You conspired with him to bring him to San Antonio. You bore the fruits of his labors after you cheated. Don't fret, everybody cheats. You're just the next asshole in the line to do it.

That's a very timely reply there tiger.

And :lol at this roleplayer conspiracy shit. Parker convinces font office to trade for Diaw. FUCK, what a conspiracy!

StrengthAndHonor
06-21-2014, 01:38 PM
Makes you wonder if Embiid will get the Nerlen Noel treatment this coming draft. I'd be shocked if he slips past the Top 5.

Thread
06-21-2014, 01:48 PM
That's a very timely reply there tiger.

And :lol at this roleplayer conspiracy shit. Parker convinces font office to trade for Diaw. FUCK, what a conspiracy!

I lodged it immediately after he came aboard. But, nobody gave a shit because he was fat. But, I lodged the complaint just so I'd be on the record. You did the same damn thing with Jackson and I indicted you there as well.

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

Chinook
06-21-2014, 01:54 PM
Makes you wonder if Embiid will get the Nerlen Noel treatment this coming draft. I'd be shocked if he slips past the Top 5.

If teams are equally cautious, Embiid will fall out of the lottery. Noel just tore an ACL. That has almost no long-term effects. He may bust, but it wouldn't be because of his injury. Teams just didn't want to pay four years of money for three years of play time.

Embiid is different. Let's put it this way: DeJuan Blair's lack of ACLs is less of a medical red flag than Embiid's foot.

baseline bum
06-21-2014, 02:06 PM

Still can't believe how far Noel fell in such a shit draft. Cleveland should have definitely taken him #1.

Infinite_limit
06-21-2014, 02:09 PM
Question,

Which team is a better landing spot for Parker? Looks like Embid's injury has now moved Parker forward to Milwaukee

StrengthAndHonor
06-21-2014, 02:12 PM
If teams are equally cautious, Embiid will fall out of the lottery. Noel just tore an ACL. That has almost no long-term effects. He may bust, but it wouldn't be because of his injury. Teams just didn't want to pay four years of money for three years of play time.

Agree, Noel's health issue was less serious and he dropped to 6th. With Joel having not 1 but 2 stress fractures, this makes him a total lemon at this point.

At #1, Cavs cannot afford to draft another bust. They'll probably go with Parker or Wiggins. Bucks will get the #1's leftover but if it's Parker, they'll probably trade down to Philly since it has been reported Milwaukee has no interest in Andrew.

Orlando would probably take Smart or Exum at # 4 and Utah's rumored to go after Vonleh or Exum if available. Boston or L.A. is most probably Embiid's destination.

StrengthAndHonor
06-21-2014, 02:13 PM
Question,

Which team is a better landing spot for Parker? Looks like Embid's injury has now moved Parker forward to Milwaukee
Philly.

StrengthAndHonor
06-21-2014, 02:14 PM
Still can't believe how far Noel fell in such a shit draft. Cleveland should have definitely taken him #1.
Agree, picking Bennett came out of nowhere. He was at #8-10 in most mock draft last season.

Thread
06-21-2014, 02:47 PM
I wish he'd a broke it off in CN's ass.

Clipper Nation
06-21-2014, 03:03 PM
I wish he'd a broke it off in CN's ass.
You chickenshitted, Duncan: 5 has come to fruition, Kirby has donned the bag for over a year now, & I'm nailing you to the tree of woe.

Your regrets are your own.

Kidd K
06-22-2014, 02:29 AM
I lodged it immediately after he came aboard. But, nobody gave a shit because he was fat. But, I lodged the complaint just so I'd be on the record. You did the same damn thing with Jackson and I indicted you there as well.

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

Did what with Jackson? Which Jackson are you even talking about? More meandering nonsense.

Thread
06-22-2014, 08:11 AM
Did what with Jackson? Which Jackson are you even talking about? More meandering nonsense.

Stephen, when you cheated to acquire him. Sure, it ended with San Antonio SWAT coming to the arena to separate him & Pop, but, you cheated nonetheless.

Kidd K
06-22-2014, 08:17 AM
Stephen, when you cheated to acquire him. Sure, it ended with San Antonio SWAT coming to the arena to separate him & Pop, but, you cheated nonetheless.

Oh you mean basically the worst Spur of the last 2 years who's played significant minutes.

If that was a "conspiracy", it sure as hell didn't help the Spurs any. Diaw on the other hand. . .best free agent acquisition for us in fuckin years.

Thread
06-22-2014, 08:20 AM
Oh you mean basically the worst Spur of the last 2 years who's played significant minutes.

If that was a "conspiracy", it sure as hell didn't help the Spurs any. Diaw on the other hand. . .best free agent acquisition for us in fuckin years.

Just because your dishonesty didn't pan out doesn't wipe away your guilt. Everybody cheats. "Take away the saints from the sinners and you're lucky to end up with Abraham Lincoln." - "Hud" - "Hud"

Kidd K
06-22-2014, 08:24 AM
Just because your dishonesty didn't pan out doesn't wipe away your guilt. Everybody cheats. "Take away the saints from the sinners and you're lucky to end up with Abraham Lincoln." - "Hud" - "Hud"

Abe Lincoln quote: “I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races,”

There ain't no saints, son. Even MLK was a fuckin sex addict for white hookers, and plagiarized his papers in college.

Thread
06-22-2014, 08:28 AM
Abe Lincoln quote: “I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races,”

There ain't no saints, son. Even MLK was a fuckin sex addict for white hookers, and plagiarized his papers in college.

Then don't be defensive when I bring up Jackson & Diaw. Twixt the two cheats you ended up with 5. Hell, there was even talk that Diaw was going to be Finals MVP.

Kidd K
06-22-2014, 08:34 AM
Then don't be defensive when I bring up Jackson & Diaw. Twixt the two cheats you ended up with 5. Hell, there was even talk that Diaw was going to be Finals MVP.

Nobody wanted those dudes. Jackson was bad before we got him and bad after. There is no conspiracy. You're being delusional. Just because humanity is imperfect in general and full of liars and cheats doesn't mean everyone's always cheating.

The Diaw Finals MVP talk was just a excuse for LeBron, and a joke at that. There's no way a role player shooting like 34% and scoring less than 10 PPG through four was going to get Finals MVP.

Thread
06-22-2014, 08:43 AM
Nobody wanted those dudes. Jackson was bad before we got him and bad after. There is no conspiracy. You're being delusional. Just because humanity is imperfect in general and full of liars and cheats doesn't mean everyone's always cheating.

The Diaw Finals MVP talk was just a excuse for LeBron, and a joke at that. There's no way a role player shooting like 34% and scoring less than 10 PPG through four was going to get Finals MVP.

Nonetheless he was in line for the thing.

Everybody cheats, Kid, don't be so hard on yourself. It was cheating when your Horry put Nash into the cheap seats that time. Did I protest? Hell no, I was grateful that it prompted Amare to storm the court. That don't happen instead of 5-5 Kobe over the tired old shit bag Duncan I'm sitting here 1 & 45.

Kidd K
06-23-2014, 12:48 AM
Nonetheless he was in line for the thing.

Everybody cheats, Kid, don't be so hard on yourself. It was cheating when your Horry put Nash into the cheap seats that time. Did I protest? Hell no, I was grateful that it prompted Amare to storm the court. That don't happen instead of 5-5 Kobe over the tired old shit bag Duncan I'm sitting here 1 & 45.

No he wasn't.

Leonard/Duncan>> Parker >>>> Ginobili >> Diaw

You just can't overlook the horrendous scoring. He had no shot at Finals MVP unless he had like a 60 point game 5 with everyone else scoring under 10 in a close game

Thread
06-23-2014, 01:03 AM
No he wasn't.

Leonard/Duncan>> Parker >>>> Ginobili >> Diaw

You just can't overlook the horrendous scoring. He had no shot at Finals MVP unless he had like a 60 point game 5 with everyone else scoring under 10 in a close game

All I heard the day of the close out was how Diaw was arguably the Finals MVP. Your cheat there delivered you #5. Big deal, your cheat with Horry taking out Nash, Amare and Diaw in '07 netted you #4 and me O & whatever it was then. I'm grateful you cheated. Now, I'm a stone's throw away from O & half-a-100.

Kidd K
06-23-2014, 07:19 AM
All I heard the day of the close out was how Diaw was arguably the Finals MVP. Your cheat there delivered you #5. Big deal, your cheat with Horry taking out Nash, Amare and Diaw in '07 netted you #4 and me O & whatever it was then. I'm grateful you cheated. Now, I'm a stone's throw away from O & half-a-100.

MarioSpeedwagon
06-23-2014, 07:41 AM
People on other forums are trying to compare Embiid's injury to Noel's last year. They are completely different. Noel should be fine for the rest of his career. Embiid is done. Whether Joel ends up playing for one year or a dozen years, the player people thought he could be is now gone forever. Stress fractures never actually heal, and they just get worse with time. His best hope is to land somewhere where he can be a low-usage player off the bench.

Obviously, a team like the Spurs would be ideal, but Philly could be good if they let him stay behind Noel. Phoenix is another option if they keep Plumlee a head of him. It's likely though that he'll still be drafted highly be some team that will try to make him the franchise's workhorse.
Michael Jordan had the same exact injury his second year in the league. So yeah, you literally have no clue what you're talking about.

Chinook
06-23-2014, 10:42 AM
Michael Jordan had the same exact injury his second year in the league. So yeah, you literally have no clue what you're talking about.

Look up the actual injury instead if throwing out one-liners. Rather than trying to compare him to a guard, look at the bigs who have had the same injury. Same links saying Jordan beat it are also putting Embiid's best-case scenario at Big Z.

Bill_Brasky
06-23-2014, 10:45 AM

Like, literally? You're saying that literally?

Jacob1983
06-24-2014, 02:46 AM
Why is ESPN jizzing over this guy and showing his name in the promos of the draft? Broken foot doesn't sound very good for a prospective draftee.

Baam
06-24-2014, 02:51 AM

Plenty of journalists had Diaw as their FMVP, scoring isn't everything...

Thread
06-24-2014, 05:36 AM
Why is ESPN jizzing over this guy and showing his name in the promos of the draft? Broken foot doesn't sound very good for a prospective draftee.

It's "Why" the day after LeBron said he was going to Miami ESPN started the mantra that he would return to Cleveland. It's "Why" this country elected a POTUS with the name [Hussein].

Kidd K
06-24-2014, 08:34 AM
Plenty of journalists had Diaw as their FMVP, scoring isn't everything...

Pro-LeBron ones who were either seeking to make an excuse for him, or idiots, yes.

I never said scoring was everything. Point is, when you aren't playing Bill Russell-esque defense (and he wasn't), you aren't getting FMVP with those poor shooting numbers. There's no way he would have gotten FMVP. If it wasn't Kawhi, it was Duncan. Diaw had no shot whatsoever and you know it.

MarioSpeedwagon
06-24-2014, 05:54 PM
It's "Why" the day after LeBron said he was going to Miami ESPN started the mantra that he would return to Cleveland. It's "Why" this country elected a POTUS with the name [Hussein].
The guys middle name is very important factor in your voting?

SpursBills
06-24-2014, 06:35 PM
Look up the actual injury instead if throwing out one-liners. Rather than trying to compare him to a guard, look at the bigs who have had the same injury. Same links saying Jordan beat it are also putting Embiid's best-case scenario at Big Z.

I don't necessarily agree with this. Embiid to me represents more of an in between case between Jordan and Z/Yao. My understanding of Z/Yao's cases were that they had had the injury for a while and played on them, which orthopaedic surgeons say is a big no-no because it significantly increases the chances of a fibrous non-union, re-operation, and chronic pain. Jordan probably had much more of an acute fracture, got it fixed immediately, adhered to his doctors' weight bearing restrictions, allowed it to heal, and did fine. In addition, Yao/Z were carrying 280-300 pounds on that foot, whereas Jordan was putting around 200-210. I guess a lot Embiid's outcome depends on a) how long ago he had the fracture and b) how bad the actual fracture was, both of which can only be obtained from his medical records and x-rays. Again, this is all speculation on my part, but I don't think (or hope) his prognosis is as bad as that of Yao or Z.

Jodelo
07-11-2015, 12:28 PM

gambit1990
07-11-2015, 12:32 PM
wow. the 6ers have had such bad luck these past few years. when won't they be in the lottery?

SpursOwn
07-11-2015, 01:27 PM
The dude is done. Even if he comes back, he will be so injury prone and 2 years removed from playing. Hope he proves me wrong, loved him at KU. I just don't see it.

BU MP
07-11-2015, 01:40 PM
sucks tbh, I thought he would turn into an all star quickly

Cactus Jack
07-11-2015, 01:56 PM
Oden 2.0

spurraider21
07-11-2015, 02:18 PM
wow. the 6ers have had such bad luck these past few years. when won't they be in the lottery?
Bad luck? They traded for Bynum. Obvious huge risk. Traded holiday + for noel and a first knowing he's out for a year. Drafted embiid who had pre-existing injury issues and used the extra first on a euro

Mark Celibate
07-11-2015, 06:39 PM
No wonder the 76ers drafted another big this year.

illmatic
07-11-2015, 06:41 PM
Bad luck? They traded for Bynum. Obvious huge risk. Traded holiday + for noel and a first knowing he's out for a year. Drafted embiid who had pre-existing injury issues and used the extra first on a euro

Exactly.

DJR210
07-11-2015, 09:26 PM
Damn Joel Oden

daslicer
07-11-2015, 09:30 PM
Okafor looks really good from what I have seen in summer league. He should be able to instantly make Embid an after thought for Sixer fans. Realistically there was no way all 3 Embid,Okafor,Nerlens long term would have been able to co-exist together.

Chinook
07-11-2015, 09:40 PM
As I said, Blair had a better prognosis than Embiid. I think he could still carve out a small role as the third big, so it's not the end of the world. But right now, he's just collecting checks. Maybe Philly HAD to draft him. But 2014 may totally end up being a lost draft for them.

Chinook
07-11-2015, 09:42 PM
Okafor looks really good from what I have seen in summer league. He should be able to instantly make Embid an after thought for Sixer fans. Realistically there was no way all 3 Embid,Okafor,Nerlens long term would have been able to co-exist together.

I think Embiid would be a good bench big behind those guys if he can get healed up. It would have been hard to keep three star bigs together, but that doesn't seem like a concern anymore.

Mark Celibate
07-11-2015, 09:52 PM
Philly will find a partner to make a trade and dump his ass in exchange for some picks or young talents before other teams realize that he is done, tbh.

Beaverfuzz
07-11-2015, 10:10 PM
Greg Oden Part III...Greg Oden played parts I and II :lol :bobo

Raven
07-11-2015, 11:11 PM
the okafor pick was a godsend.. lol lakers :lmao