PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Pat Riley has epic meltdown session during exit interview

Thebesteva
06-19-2014, 07:41 PM
:lol Trying so hard to convince everyone cHeat aren't overrated POS team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yveEJGBLzk#t=166

Mnky
06-19-2014, 07:49 PM
Seems like a direct shot to Lebron about having guts... tbh.

Maybe, not the best way to handle someone like Lebron.

Trill Clinton
06-19-2014, 07:57 PM

dude went passive aggressive dan gilbert on lebron.

Clipper Nation
06-19-2014, 07:57 PM

Definitely not a smart thing to say about someone who can just opt out, leave, and your team gets nothing in return....

RsxPiimp
06-19-2014, 08:01 PM

don't know if it's a shot. i see it more of a challenge. lebrons in a tight situation tho. wade is going to opt in and even if he doesn't, riles is going to resign him. that leaves miami with the same big 3 unless bosh bolts but he wouldnt considering how he's getting the fruits of lebron's labor.

if im lebron tbh, i wouldnt resign with miami especially with wade coming back. miami is toasted if they retain the same big 3 and with wade getting kobe money, they're in a tight spot for retooling.

LkrFan
06-19-2014, 08:03 PM
@ 2:00 mark, he describes LeHype! BAAAAHAHAHAHAHA! :rollin :lmao :rollin

hater
06-19-2014, 08:05 PM
Riley knows the Heat as composed are done. Might as well kick the sorry sons of bitches while theyre down and wash your hands on that fiasco :lmao

HI-FI
06-19-2014, 08:05 PM
Riles is still the shit though.

Mugen
06-19-2014, 08:06 PM
Riles is an OG tbh.

Mnky
06-19-2014, 08:10 PM
don't know if it's a shot. i see it more of a challenge. lebrons in a tight situation tho. wade is going to opt in and even if he doesn't, riles is going to resign him. that leaves miami with the same big 3 unless bosh bolts but he wouldnt considering how he's getting the fruits of lebron's labor.

if im lebron tbh, i wouldnt resign with miami especially with wade coming back. miami is toasted if they retain the same big 3 and with wade getting kobe money, they're in a tight spot for retooling.

I think with certain players It would have been a challenge.. in the mold of Jordan, Duncan etc.. With a franchise on their back. I think with the way Lebron is targeted by the media, and how he's always having to defend himself ..he's pretty sensitive. You saw how he blew up that Duncan comment about Duncan not liking them.. I think in Lebron's psyche..he takes it as a shot. Just because it's what he's used to I suppose.. He's a competitor tho, maybe he does take it as a challenge. Riley seemed a little desperate to explain himself tho..

And yea..I definitely would be checking my options either this year or next, when more teams have cap space. Miami won't be the place he defines his legacy.

hater
06-19-2014, 08:12 PM
"we won 2 of the last 3"

:lmao forgetting about the Mavs :lol

LkrFan
06-19-2014, 08:15 PM
"we won 2 of the last 3"

:lmao

jARS mEsH sEt
06-19-2014, 08:16 PM
I thought listing the historically great big 3s and citing their failures (i.e. any season where they did not win a championship) was a pretty good tactic.

06-19-2014, 08:19 PM
Riles is an OG tbh.

ChumpDumper
06-19-2014, 08:30 PM
Riles is still the shit though.

Riles is an OG tbh.Shit the bed with personnel moves this season tho.

spurraider21
06-19-2014, 08:36 PM
"we won 2 of the last 3"

umm... they did win 2 of the last 3

hater
06-19-2014, 08:42 PM

he was talking about cores and their historical records. heat core won 2 of the last 4

Mugen
06-19-2014, 08:45 PM
Shit the bed with personnel moves this season tho.

It happens. When you can lure the best player in the league away from his hometown team + best FA big in one summer, you should be afforded a pass or two tbh.

Raven
06-19-2014, 08:47 PM
damn, hearing him just now made me remember why this guy is one of the all time greats of this sport, dude is a fuckin boss.

ChumpDumper
06-19-2014, 08:47 PM
It happens. When you can lure the best player in the league away from his hometown team + best FA big in one summer, you should be afforded a pass or two tbh.Did he really do that?

I just thought the three players got together and discussed it. Not quite a Duncan to Orlando task.

Clipper Nation
06-19-2014, 08:49 PM

http://i.imgur.com/7uy6giM.jpg

Mugen
06-19-2014, 08:50 PM
Did he really do that?

I just thought the three players got together and discussed it. Not quite a Duncan to Orlando task.

Who knows. But he should get some credit for that if you're gonna shit on him for this year's roster moves tbh.

ChumpDumper
06-19-2014, 08:56 PM
Who knows. But he should get some credit for that if you're gonna shit on him for this year's roster moves tbh.Sure, I just wonder how much.

His defensiveness is entertaining though.

Koolaid_Man
06-19-2014, 08:56 PM
Dude just couldn't stop mentioning Kobe's name.....:lol dude got Kobe on the brain....but Bron ain't going anywhere he doesn't have the balls to leave after the ESPN hype job and the Decision....he won't do it again

dg7md
06-19-2014, 09:01 PM
More reason why Game 6 is a debacle... the Heat would have been completely exposed if they only won one NBA Finals. :lol

As it stands, history cannot define the Heatles as a failure, going 2-2 in the Finals isn't really the worst thing.

ChumpDumper
06-19-2014, 09:01 PM
he was talking about cores and their historical records. heat core won 2 of the last 4Weird that he said he wasn't going to say 2 of the last 4.

The Batman
06-19-2014, 09:03 PM
If LeBron were to leave now would be the time.

ElNono
06-19-2014, 09:04 PM
I thought he was gonna go "say hello to my little friend" and kill everybody in the room :lol

spursparker9
06-19-2014, 09:04 PM
Magic Johnson tweeted that he was so inspired by Riley that he wanted to play for Riley now.

Spurs 4 The Win
06-19-2014, 09:05 PM
More reason why Game 6 is a debacle... the Heat would have been completely exposed if they only won one NBA Finals. :lol

As it stands, history cannot define the Heatles as a failure, going 2-2 in the Finals isn't really the worst thing.

I honestly think thats why people are panicking in Miami, they know how lucky they got with 6 and got completely exposed this year. They know they should only have one title and the 2 titles doesnt really feel like 2 after get demolished by the same team in 5 this year tbh

spurraider21
06-19-2014, 09:09 PM
he was talking about cores and their historical records. heat core won 2 of the last 4
they've won 2 of 4 altogether... but its absolutely correct to say they've won 2 of the last 3. :lol

when the lakers 3peated, its not like shaq said "we've won 3 of the last 6"

jeebus
06-19-2014, 09:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CizXJh7mugo

Malik Hairston
06-19-2014, 09:25 PM
Riley is arguably the most overrated GM of all-time, tbh..

He has never found any dark horse players, he has never drafted players that need serious development, the Heat have the worst international scouting in the league(Tom Haberstroh touched on this recently), etc..

They lucked into drafting Wade and got lucky that Shaq/Kobe couldn't get along..Wade, Lebron and Bosh wanted to play together, and they weren't going to do it in Cleveland or Toronto, so Miami won by default:lol..

He also ran Stan Van Gundy out for no reason, too..

Riley has virtually no long-term building skills as a GM, tbh..typical nostalgic effects of a loveable figure from the 80s and 90s..Phil Jackson won't be any different in the front office, either..

DMC
06-19-2014, 09:25 PM
Pat Riley is a legend. He can say anything he wants.

Mel_13
06-19-2014, 09:29 PM

Bird is definitely in that conversation.

Mugen
06-19-2014, 09:31 PM

He has never found any dark horse players, he has never drafted players that need serious development, the Heat have the worst international scouting in the league(Tom Haberstroh touched on this recently), etc..

They lucked into drafting Wade and got lucky that Shaq/Kobe couldn't get along..Wade, Lebron and Bosh wanted to play together, and they weren't going to do it in Cleveland or Toronto, so Miami won by default:lol..

He also ran Stan Van Gundy out for no reason, too..

Riley has virtually no long-term building skills as a GM, tbh..typical nostalgic effects of a loveable figure from the 80s and 90s..Phil Jackson won't be any different in the front office, either..

Black people love him. that's gotta count for something tbh :lol

Malik Hairston
06-19-2014, 09:32 PM
He's a good motivator, influential figure, etc, he's a good coach..he hasn't done anything special as a GM, though..

Being a great coach doesn't translate to the front office, obviously..

Riley tries to build teams the same way the Lakers do, which is an antiquated style that will continue to increased in difficulty with the new CBA and advancements, going forward..

Malik Hairston
06-19-2014, 09:36 PM

True, but I feel like most people recognize that Bird has been pretty terrible as of late, although he gets a media pass because he's the untouchable Larry Bird:lol..

Fabbs
06-19-2014, 09:37 PM
Riles "Players today feel like it's their right due to the collective bargaining....to opt out. Leave."

Like LeBron left Cleveland. As a free agent and i have no problem with his leaving.
Does Riles have a *problem* with LeBron leaving Cleveland?

Otherwise the parts on even great teams lose was great.

Clipper Nation
06-19-2014, 09:38 PM

Presti is up there, too.... he's done nothing but get lucky in the lottery and be a former member of the Spurs' front office, that's it....

Jacob1983
06-19-2014, 09:42 PM
I think Riley has been at the right place at the right time as GM/coach of the Heat. He had the gift in 2006 and Superfriends.

hater
06-19-2014, 09:48 PM
I think Riley has been at the right place at the right time as GM/coach of the Heat. He had the gift in 2006 and Superfriends.

true but Riley almost singlehandely won the Shaq/Wade ring. He even played mind games with Heat players by having something covered in the lockeroom which nobody knew what it was until they rang.

The Batman
06-19-2014, 09:51 PM
Yeah Riley is overrated. They should have made a move towards the future at the deadline.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
06-19-2014, 09:57 PM
Gordon Gecko was at the top of his game in the '80s, proceeded to suck for a long time, made a brief comeback a few years ago and now he's done.

Mugen
06-19-2014, 10:00 PM
Riles can be Sonny, Jimmy is Fredo, and RC as Michael.

Whatdya guys think? Been working on the above for a while tbh................................

DMC
06-19-2014, 10:02 PM
Riles is in recovery and damage control mode. What Riles already knows and no one brought up because they are chicken shit is that the pressure put on them to win was done by the organization and those players. The silly Decision, the stupid stage antics where they were paraded around and Lebron made the "not one, not two..." remark. When you do what they did, you've pretty much put yourself down range for anyone to take a shot at. You cannot lose, not even once. They are still a great team and will be back there next year, however the reason the Spurs aren't criticized is because they didn't get up before the world and proclaim their greatness and let their mouths overrun their asses. Tim Duncan makes a statement "and we'll do it this time" and the media is all over it. Nary a mention of it after 5 though.

Clipper Nation
06-19-2014, 10:06 PM
Riles is in recovery and damage control mode. What Riles already knows and no one brought up because they are chicken shit is that the pressure put on them to win was done by the organization and those players. The silly Decision, the stupid stage antics where they were paraded around and Lebron made the "not one, not two..." remark. When you do what they did, you've pretty much put yourself down range for anyone to take a shot at. You cannot lose, not even once. They are still a great team and will be back there next year, however the reason the Spurs aren't criticized is because they didn't get up before the world and proclaim their greatness and let their mouths overrun their asses. Tim Duncan makes a statement "and we'll do it this time" and the media is all over it. Nary a mention of it after 5 though.
Let's be real now, the Spurs never get criticized because they aren't in a large glamor market.... small-market teams get a pass for literally everything from Media and casual fans, tbh....

TampaDude
06-19-2014, 10:15 PM
LeBron needs to GTFO of Miami.

Venti Quattro
06-19-2014, 10:17 PM
Riles is still the Boss.

Venti Quattro
06-19-2014, 10:19 PM

^

Philo

:lmao kidding spurraider21

Venti Quattro
06-19-2014, 10:20 PM
LeBron needs to GTFO of Miami.
Because of one presser? :lmao

Bron should know better and stick with an OG who has a celebrated history of winning.

Clipper Nation
06-19-2014, 10:32 PM
Because of one presser? :lmao

No, because his supporting cast got exposed in the Finals this year, that washed-up cancer Wade has no incentive to opt out or take less money, and as a result, Riley won't be able to make the necessary improvements to the team....

Venti Quattro
06-19-2014, 10:35 PM
No, because his supporting cast got exposed in the Finals this year, that washed-up cancer Wade has no incentive to opt out or take less money, and as a result, Riley won't be able to make the necessary improvements to the team....
If he is solid with Riles and he expresses his intention to stay then Godfather Riles will find a way. Nobody thought the Superfriends was possible.

Clipper Nation
06-19-2014, 10:36 PM
If he is solid with Riles and he expresses his intention to stay then Godfather Riles will find a way. Nobody thought the Superfriends was possible.

Superfriends happened under the old CBA and before Wade turned into a TOSB, tbh.... plus, even if he's still solid with Riles, there's rumors that LeBron doesn't like Mickey Arison....

LkrFan
06-19-2014, 10:37 PM
I thought he was gonna go "say hello to my little friend" and kill everybody in the room :lol

LOLZ!

J.T.
06-19-2014, 10:37 PM
I don't know if making this challenge to LeBron publicly was the right move. I think it does show Riley is nervous about LeBron opting out and going to another team. As for LeBron, I don't know if his legacy can take a "The Decision II". The hard truth, though, is that if Wade isn't cool with being reduced to a 6th-man/Ginobili type role, the Heat are fucked in the long term using that Big 3 as a core. Wade is already busted and broken down by the Finals. He needs an entire season of 25 minutes off the bench just to get back to being himself.

sexinthatsx
06-19-2014, 10:40 PM
Pat Riley just mad he can't collect royalties nor succeed in his "3peat" trademark :lol

IrisHockey
06-19-2014, 10:40 PM

Ever heard of statistical bias, champ?

Thebesteva
06-19-2014, 10:43 PM
I don't know if making this challenge to LeBron publicly was the right move. I think it does show Riley is nervous about LeBron opting out and going to another team. As for LeBron, I don't know if his legacy can take a "The Decision II". The hard truth, though, is that if Wade isn't cool with being reduced to a 6th-man/Ginobili type role, the Heat are fucked in the long term using that Big 3 as a core. Wade is already busted and broken down by the Finals. He needs an entire season of 25 minutes off the bench just to get back to being himself.

Is him leaving a serious option? That would be a horrible idea for Bronita, he cant become a Shaq like player that makes tours and wins championships. He's gotta find a home.

Lebron fans right now

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Happy-Gilmore-Yelling-at-Golf-Ball.gif

Clipper Nation
06-19-2014, 10:49 PM
That would be a horrible idea for Bronita, he cant become a Shaq like player that makes tours and wins championships.

Why not? The idea that playing for more than one team hurts your legacy is an antiquated idea from before the invention of free agency, tbh :lol

J.T.
06-19-2014, 10:52 PM
Is him leaving a serious option?

The big looming thing right now like The Decision loomed over 2010, is that Carmelo had an option for next year with the Knicks and already opted out. So there is speculation that LeBron could opt out and go somewhere with Carmelo (some people think back to Cleveland). I don't really see him leaving Miami, but it all hinges on how much LeBron trusts Riley to put better role players around him. Also Wade has fallen off a cliff compared to where he was in 2010. Big questions in Miami.

jARS mEsH sEt
06-19-2014, 10:55 PM
Is him leaving a serious option? That would be a horrible idea for Bronita, he cant become a Shaq like player that makes tours and wins championships. He's gotta find a home.

Lebron fans right now

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Happy-Gilmore-Yelling-at-Golf-Ball.gif

Well Shaq leaving for Miami didn't really matter in the end for his legacy. He's still the 3rd best player of the post-Jordan era behind Jim and Kirby.

Buddy Mignon
06-19-2014, 11:23 PM
This opportunist cocksucker is amazing. First sign of trouble in LA and he bolts. First sign of trouble in NY and he bolts. First sign of trouble in Miami with Mourning and Hardaway and he bolts. We gift his sorry ass Shaq for basically Odom and he slithers his self-serving ass down from management and decides to coach a title ready team. He wants everyone to get a grip and dial it back because the Heat got embarrassed, but he didn't have a grip when he threw a parade for his boys before the season started all while watching Lebron promise 7 straight titles. Fuck Riley!!!

BrqXDEPu6v8

DMX7
06-19-2014, 11:25 PM
#RileyisPissed

Oh, Gee!!
06-20-2014, 12:19 PM

they have won 2 of the last 3, and 2 of the last 4 tbh.

TDMVPDPOY
06-20-2014, 12:25 PM
he mad he paid whatever fees to trademark 3cheat or 3peat whatever it is...probably pissed couldnt get a refund

TVI
06-20-2014, 01:29 PM
You saw how he blew up that Duncan comment about Duncan not liking them.
Meh—Bron was in Shaq mode, and playing the media on that one. You heard his comment to Timmy before game 1. He came right out and said he did it to give them something to talk about.

Infinite_limit
06-20-2014, 01:33 PM
Of course Riley is nervous. James leaves and the Heat will be drafting in the lotterly within 5 years. Pat will have 1 foot in the retirement door

lefty
06-20-2014, 01:35 PM
WTF is Riles reading a Wikipedia page during the first 2:00 ??????

Thread
06-20-2014, 03:43 PM
Of course Riley is nervous. James leaves and the Heat will be drafting in the lotterly within 5 years. Pat will have 1 foot in the retirement door

& stick the other foot in CN's keester.

Clipper Nation
06-20-2014, 03:44 PM
& stick the other foot in CN's keester.

Though I've been nailing you to the tree of woe since your return from chickenshitting.

tee, hee.

Thread
06-20-2014, 03:46 PM
Though I've been nailing you to the tree of woe since your return from chickenshitting.

tee, hee.

lmcontrollinao!!!

I still got it!!!

Clipper Nation
06-20-2014, 03:50 PM
I still got it!!!

& your Kirby's still got the bag.

The Bag

unforeseen
06-20-2014, 04:06 PM
& your Kirby's still got the bag.

The Drip Bag

http://fairfresh.co.uk/mobility/walkers/large/PR30285_DB_Lets-Go-Indoor-Rollator-Drip-Bag-Holder.jpg

NRHector
06-20-2014, 04:42 PM
Riley is just scared that all his stars players might leave and he is going to actually do some gm work and look for players to rebuild that team

DAF86
06-20-2014, 04:44 PM

http://i.imgur.com/7uy6giM.jpg

I don't think it will happen 'cause Lebron would get even more fans against him with this move and he likes to be liked but if I was him I would definitely do it.

Mnky
06-20-2014, 07:49 PM
Meh—Bron was in Shaq mode, and playing the media on that one. You heard his comment to Timmy before game 1. He came right out and said he did it to give them something to talk about.

What else are you going to say after the guy you accuse, publcly puts you on blast for making things up?

DMC
06-20-2014, 08:42 PM
Let's be real now, the Spurs never get criticized because they aren't in a large glamor market.... small-market teams get a pass for literally everything from Media and casual fans, tbh....

Miami isn't a large market. Lebron is a large market player and makes the team a larger market team just by being there. If Lebron went to Miami without all the grandstanding, he's better received for his accomplishments and not criticized so much for his shortcomings (as few of them as there are.. really). You cannot go around talking shit to the world about how you're the chosen one then get crucified on national television by Methuselah.

DMC
06-20-2014, 08:44 PM
^

Philo

:lmao kidding spurraider21 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=31905)
lmemulatedao!! I still got it.