PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Revisit the 2011 NBA Draft

unforeseen
06-19-2014, 08:38 PM
Knowing what we know now, what five players would go #1-#5 in the 2011 NBA Draft?

Here is my ranking:
1. Kawhi Leonard
2. Kyrie Irving
3. Chandler Parsons
4. Klay Thompson
5. Kenneth Faried

Mal
06-19-2014, 08:52 PM
Who`s picking with what number ? You want to do re-draft ? Still Irving going 1st.

What about big mens - Valanciunas is still worth more than Faried. Kanter or Thompson werent that big busts.

dg7md
06-19-2014, 08:54 PM
Kyrie would go ahead of Kawhi... He's one of the best points in the game.

spursparker9
06-19-2014, 09:03 PM
Irving would still be number 1 currently.

Kawhi could definitely overtake Irving in a few years.

Raven
06-19-2014, 09:08 PM
Who`s picking with what number ? You want to do re-draft ? Still Irving going 1st.

What about big mens - Valanciunas is still worth more than Faried. Kanter or Thompson werent that big busts.

good take in general, but i doubt they would take irving ahead of kawhi tbh, their hole at sf was just as big at the time and kawhi is obviously the far better player and prospect...

Robz4000
06-19-2014, 09:24 PM
Irving is overrated as hell tbh. How the hell does any top-level PG miss the playoffs in last year's EC?

ambchang
06-19-2014, 09:49 PM
Settled down guys. Kawhi landed in a role he was perfect to play in the finals, which was defending Lebron. Remember what happened to Paul George last year?

Kawhi is good, but to build a team, a few guys would go before him.

unforeseen
06-19-2014, 11:18 PM
Irving is overrated as hell tbh. How the hell does any top-level PG miss the playoffs in last year's EC?

Good point. There was some drama about him not wanting to stay with the Cavs.

DMX7
06-19-2014, 11:19 PM
I would take Irving #1 and Kawhi #2.

Malik Hairston
06-19-2014, 11:20 PM
Kawhi isn't a centrepiece on a title team, but neither is Irving, tbh:lol..

Can't really say I'd enjoy drafting a PG that is a lowest-level defender and apparently a team cancer with my #1 pick, tbh..

Killakobe81
06-20-2014, 07:42 AM
Settled down guys. Kawhi landed in a role he was perfect to play in the finals, which was defending Lebron. Remember what happened to Paul George last year?

Kawhi is good, but to build a team, a few guys would go before him.

This. But I think as long as "superstar" is not attached to his name, KL deserves praise. Remember KL still needs to make an all-star game he has been no where close to a starter for the all-star or ALL NBA.

Kyrie is no superstar either and probably wont make ALL NBA FIRST team.

I Will say this though I still would pick KL over Kyrie, or ANYONE in this year's draft EXCEPT MAYBE A HEALTHY Embiid.
Unfortunately a HEALTHY Embiid is as likely as a "model" wife that cooks, cleans, agreat mother and is a freak in the bed.

KL would be my choice over every recent draft Pick EXCEPT Anthony Davis.

Killakobe81
06-20-2014, 07:44 AM
And Amb what PG did last year was impressive but was not on the Finals stage. Sure the ECF is pretty damn important.
But KL in 2014 despite what the numbers say was more impressive than what PG did in 2013

JoeTait75
06-20-2014, 08:03 AM
I like Leonard as a player and liked him coming out, but there's no doubt he came in to a great situation w/the Spurs. Who knows what kind of player he'd be now had the Cavaliers drafted him.

ambchang
06-20-2014, 11:27 AM
And Amb what PG did last year was impressive but was not on the Finals stage. Sure the ECF is pretty damn important.
But KL in 2014 despite what the numbers say was more impressive than what PG did in 2013

Now question, but playoffs are playoffs. Whether you do one series deeper still doesn't change the fact that if you screw up 4 games you're out.

There was an article by (I think) zach Lowe a few weeks back talkin about how chip fixed Kwahi's shot to make him from a horrible shooter o an above average one. If Kwahi lands anywhere else, he'd still be a defensive monster, but nowhere close to the offensive threat.

spursistan
06-08-2016, 04:34 PM
Bump..

you could make the case Irving isn't even a top 3 pick in that draft :lol

1/ Kawhi 2/ Jimmy Butler 3/ Klay

Sure you can argue Klay vs Kyrie, but 1-one way players are worth shit in this era...As far as Kyrie, dude hasn't made any strides in his game for two years now..

TheGreatYacht
06-08-2016, 04:37 PM
Klay
Kawhi
Butler
Isaiah Thomas
Kyrie tbh :lol