PDA

View Full Version : Celtics: Tim Duncan on Jay Leno in 1997

scanry
06-20-2014, 12:42 AM
Transcript/Recap from the show back in 1997.
A Recap:

After a slow start, Leno injected — what else? — sex into the proceedings.

He played off the fact that Duncan hailed from the Virgin Islands and quipped: “So, how does that work?
When you’re no longer a virgin, do you have to leave?”

That got a big smile from big Tim. But what really clinched it was a story about Duncan’s boxer shorts – which had appeared in the Express-News a few weeks before.

Leno asked the Spur whether he had any superstitions, and the player responded “yes” before explaining he wears his shorts backward during basketball practice.

He said he wore them that way by accident at first, but his practice session was so good that day that he began wearing them backward on purpose.

“And have you ever tried that during a game?” Jay wondered. “Once, but it was real uncomfortable.”

“Yeah, ” Leno responded, “especially when you have that cup on backward, too.”

That one brought an even larger laugh from Tim — and both guffaws and applause from the audience.

Let’s hope Letterman has as much luck bringing out the entertaining side of San Antonio’s beloved — but short-on-words — basketball star.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/jakle06/2014/06/tim-duncan-to-appear-on-letterman/#19846101=0

IrisHockey
06-20-2014, 12:44 AM
Would've done wonders for the NBA had Robinson not broken his foot, or maybe had the Spurs decided not to tank, and the Celtics win the lottery, setting up Kobe vs Duncan as the heir to Magic vs Larry.

scanry
06-20-2014, 12:54 AM
Would've done wonders for the NBA had Robinson not broken his foot, or maybe had the Spurs decided not to tank, and the Celtics win the lottery, setting up Kobe vs Duncan as the heir to Magic vs Larry.

Would you like to correct that tbh? Shaq would've been onboard for the Lakers-Spurs rivalry and might actually been in shape.

TDMVPDPOY
06-20-2014, 01:20 AM
i reckon shaq would rather choke in the playoffs then choke in the finals..

dg7md
06-20-2014, 01:21 AM
Is there any videos of this online?

DMC
06-20-2014, 07:34 AM
I thought Letterman retired.

lefty
06-20-2014, 08:39 AM
I thought Letterman retired.
I thought he dieded

DMC
06-20-2014, 08:45 AM
I thought he dieded

I don't watch regular television. It's either an HBO series or Netflix if not a game. Talk shows are stupid. It's like a generic version of stand up.