PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Pat Riley: Clown

tmtcsc
06-20-2014, 09:14 AM
Reporters are lauding Pat Riley for being a "Bawse" after his media day speech, but it came off as desperate to me. What has he done? He got Shaq to come over to Miami and teamed him up with Wade. Genius move? LA wanted to rid themselves of Shaq and had a willing partner in Miami.

LeBron, Wade and Bosh wanted to play together and figured Miami was the place to do it. What did Riley have to do with that? Was this another Genius move?

I think he's desperate because he didn't do enough to sustain what they have by getting additional talent. Lots of talk from him and little action. He had a chance to show his GM skills and all he did was cut Mike Miller & pick up Oden? Genius.

I hope Lebron walks. Wade is done and Bosh is overrated. Time to earn your paycheck Riles.

On another note: Scoop Jackson is on First Take this morning saying that SA won't replicate what they did last year. Why is that Scoop? No reason, just him thinking that they played too good. Stupid. The world knows what Lebron knows, this should have been SA's back to back domination of Heat.

Thread
06-20-2014, 09:26 AM
I was impressed. He handled it well. Waited a few days before speaking which was wise. He's got two in this LeBron Time. That is an indisputable fact. I don't do the "We've been to the Finals 4 times." thing though. Though this is going to be pounded in by ESPN, thru the auspices of Cowherd and the affiliates along the line.

Just thank Christ we ain't an affiliate.

Thread
06-20-2014, 09:30 AM
On another note: Scoop Jackson is on First Take this morning saying that SA won't replicate what they did last year. Why is that Scoop? No reason, just him thinking that they played too good. Stupid. The world knows what Lebron knows, this should have been SA's back to back domination of Heat.

And Media/ESPN is faced with the sobering reality "the morning after" that there is just the one ring to go around each June. Last June took care of itself for them. This June took care of itself for them, but, not quite so much. Angst is now creeping in. "They" cannot afford for James to languish. founder & sink. SA ain't worth it.

tmtcsc
06-20-2014, 09:39 AM
What exactly can Pat Riley do at this point? His biggest Superstar is carrying too much of a burden and his previous one is at the end of his career. His best role players are gone and he has to surround James with enough talent to convince him to come back. The Spurs were unquestionably the best team this year but you can make an argument that the Heat weren't the second best. They should have re-tooled last year.

djohn2oo8
06-20-2014, 09:42 AM
What exactly can Pat Riley do at this point? His biggest Superstar is carrying too much of a burden and his previous one is at the end of his career. His best role players are gone and he has to surround James with enough talent to convince him to come back. The Spurs were unquestionably the best team this year but you can make an argument that the Heat weren't the second best. They should have re-tooled last year.
He needs them to take pay cuts, or at least Wade and Bosh which isn't happening. Hence why Riley is overrated.

UZER
06-20-2014, 10:07 AM
I was impressed. He handled it well. Waited a few days before speaking which was wise. He's got two in this LeBron Time. That is an indisputable fact. I don't do the "We've been to the Finals 4 times." thing though. Though this is going to be pounded in by ESPN, thru the auspices of Cowherd and the affiliates along the line.

Just thank Christ we ain't an affiliate.

Hmm...yet you bring it up for other teams with every other post. More Dale hypocrisy.

djohn2oo8
06-20-2014, 10:08 AM
Hmm...yet you bring it up for other teams with every other post. More Dale hypocrisy.
:lol

Thread
06-20-2014, 10:28 AM

Horseshit.

Gummi Clutch
06-20-2014, 10:28 AM
Lebron isn't going anywhere. People need to wake up.

djohn2oo8
06-20-2014, 10:30 AM
Lebron isn't going anywhere. People need to wake up.
Maybe not this year, but if they don't win next year he will.

Gummi Clutch
06-20-2014, 10:31 AM
Maybe not this year, but if they don't win next year he will.
perhaps, but thats a whole lot of time for a team that just got back from the finals.

Chinook
06-20-2014, 10:46 AM
As I've said before, Riley doesn't believe in actually building a team. He instead believes in buying already-made talent. That's why he constantly trades his picks and signs nothing but older vets or "buy-low" players like Beasley or Oden. The Heat roster has had not upside the last few years outside of the Big Three becoming "motivated" and playing at a higher level than they were previously. There weren't any young players growing into bigger roles. There was no youth there to soak up Wade's minutes. They had no one on their d-league squad who they had any real hope for. Their summer-league team sucks. They never even played the relatively young players they have until it was too late (meaning the playoffs at all).

I think Miami can probably patch together a title-winning team with one more strong acquisition. But the point is, they shouldn't have to. But now, there should be some young player(s) proven enough to take the some of the load. The fact that there isn't such a person is Riley's fault.

UZER
06-20-2014, 11:57 AM
Horseshit.

Really? Do I need to copy pasta all the 6 references?

Thread
06-20-2014, 12:09 PM
Really? Do I need to copy pasta all the 6 references?

Go.

UZER
06-20-2014, 12:11 PM
Go.

Nah, you knows uza horseshit liar.

Thread
06-20-2014, 12:14 PM
Nah, you knows uza horseshit liar.

That's what I thought.

tmtcsc
06-20-2014, 12:22 PM
Riley telling Lebron and the others to "stay if you have the guts" is comical. I imagine it was a much different conversation when he pitched Lebron the idea of leaving Cleveland. Things have turned now. Lebron can go into Riley's office, dump his 2 rings on the table and say "I want more of these, see ya".

Thread
06-20-2014, 12:24 PM
Riley telling Lebron and the others to "stay if you have the guts" is comical. I imagine it was a much different conversation when he pitched Lebron the idea of leaving Cleveland. Things have turned now. Lebron can go into Riley's office, dump his 2 rings on the table and say "I want more of these, see ya".

& perhaps that is what Riley really wants. Maybe that is why the harsh & accusatory words and tone.

But, how would that get Wade to go away? It won't. He ain't goin' nowhere.

So, he can't do shit without James, and he can't do shit with Wade.

UZER
06-20-2014, 12:31 PM
That's what I thought.

See...you thought it too. Even you know uza horseshit liar.

DMX7
06-20-2014, 12:37 PM
Wade and Bosh are coming back unless they get traded. Their contracts would never be matched by anyone in their right mind.

LeBron doesn't listen to anybody but himself and maybe select members of his crew.

Trill Clinton
06-20-2014, 12:43 PM
all these front office presidents and owners talk to lebron like he's a little boy. first gilbert and now riley.

tmtcsc
06-20-2014, 12:44 PM
& perhaps that is what Riley really wants. Maybe that is why the harsh & accusatory words and tone.

But, how would that get Wade to go away? It won't. He ain't goin' nowhere.

So, he can't do shit without James, and he can't do shit with Wade.

You're right. Riley needs them all to opt out and restructure. Wade needs $$ under the table from ownership because he's going to cost them over 40 mil for the next 2 seasons. Basically, "Hey guys, do you have the guts to sacrifice $$ for the sake of the team and fix the mess I've gotten us in to? DO YA?!?".
Lol, Bawes. I wouldn't blame Lebron for leaving one bit. He gave them 4 good years. It's no secret he's a mercenary now. He didn't demand trades. He's played out his contract options and obligations.

Thread
06-20-2014, 12:46 PM
all these front office presidents and owners talk to lebron like he's a little boy. first gilbert and now riley.

Though Silver entrusted him to march Sterling those 13 steps to scaffold where he was unceremoniously lynched and still swings to this very day.

Thread
06-20-2014, 12:48 PM
You're right. Riley needs them all to opt out and restructure. Wade needs $$ under the table from ownership because he's going to cost them over 40 mil for the next 2 seasons. Basically, "Hey guys, do you have the guts to sacrifice $$ for the sake of the team and fix the mess I've gotten us in to? DO YA?!?".
Lol, Bawes. I wouldn't blame Lebron for leaving one bit. He gave them 4 good years. It's no secret he's a mercenary now. He didn't demand trades. He's played out his contract options and obligations.

He's a great planner, he just did not plan for the Spurs. He had everybody else solved. He just didn't see the Spurs coming until last June. Twixt the Junes is where is is culpable and where he turned loose of the wheel.

Infinite_limit
06-20-2014, 12:58 PM
Came off as hypocritical to me. As OP pointed out, Riley as made a living off guys doing exactly this "This stuff is hard. And you got to stay together, if you've got the guts. And you don't find the first door and run out of it,"

Thread
06-20-2014, 01:07 PM
He's a great planner, he just did not plan for the Spurs. He had everybody else solved. He just didn't see the Spurs coming until last June. Twixt the Junes is where is is culpable and where he turned loose of the wheel.

I'll entertain myself, pardon me:::and what is puzzling is that Riley was warned last June via victory. He didn't get fucked by loss and have to learn the lesson whilst face ass down in the shit. No, he won and didn't see the danger, didn't feel the bullet whiz by his noggin'. So disappointing.

Bill_Brasky
06-20-2014, 01:09 PM
Trade Wade for Kobe imo

Bill_Brasky
06-20-2014, 01:10 PM
Oh wait det salary

Thread
06-20-2014, 01:11 PM
Trade Wade for Kobe imo

See this is why you'll never grow up. You come so close and then you fall back.

Maddening.

Johnny RIngo
06-20-2014, 01:11 PM
Lebron's not going to walk. Already pissed off a lot of people with the Cavs departure. Doing it again would make him even more hated than he is now

Leetonidas
06-20-2014, 01:14 PM
It's all good, they'll get some ring chasers like Gasol/Deng on the roster next season and maybe a chump like Boozer to round it out :lmao

Thebesteva
06-20-2014, 01:42 PM
I see Miami making some big move to keep Lebron. Riley looked as desperate as the Duke brothers in Trading places in the stock crash scene

Franklin
06-20-2014, 06:19 PM
TOSBs believe 2014 was a fluke :lmao
getting demolished once (by totally 70pts :lol) ain't enough to convince people the cHeat are done :lmao

DMC
06-20-2014, 11:38 PM
And Media/ESPN is faced with the sobering reality "the morning after" that there is just the one ring to go around each June. Last June took care of itself for them. This June took care of itself for them, but, not quite so much. Angst is now creeping in. "They" cannot afford for James to languish. founder & sink. SA ain't worth it.

From a media perspective, the Kwai Chang James trek through the desert, barefoot, playing the skin flute, looking for the man that shaved his head and stole his shoes, could be more of a storyline than another ho-hum Eastern run to the Finals through wet toilet paper and smoke/mirrors. It's been done enough times already... no new story even if the Heat won, James MVP.. blah blah blah... Media needs controversy to sell copy, not just sporting news.

Thread
06-20-2014, 11:49 PM
From a media perspective, the Kwai Chang James trek through the desert, barefoot, playing the skin flute, looking for the man that shaved his head and stole his shoes, could be more of a storyline than another ho-hum Eastern run to the Finals through wet toilet paper and smoke/mirrors. It's been done enough times already... no new story even if the Heat won, James MVP.. blah blah blah... Media needs controversy to sell copy, not just sporting news.

...but, James is a sure thing. Peeling back the layers into the '50's-'60's Celtics and selling it nationwide will never work. "We" don't want substance. We're drunk on symbolism and that is what we're going to get.

"You" can go away now. Thank you, very much.

Thread
06-20-2014, 11:56 PM
TOSBs believe 2014 was a fluke :lmao
getting demolished once (by totally 70pts :lol) ain't enough to convince people the cHeat are done :lmao

"They" hope, "They" pray it was a fluke. Only one team can do it. There is no pissing & moaning. There is no in house fighting, or, at least any that we've been privy to. Perhaps that will change now though. You ain't no Ozzie & Harriet in there. You put your pants on one leg at a time. You rape, you pillage, you cheat, you lie, you divorce, you fornicate, you swap wives, you go to bed with men. Will "they" permit you to remain behind the curtain, or, will "they" draw the curtain aside? You won two, got credit for the one without fanfare. I remember when Luva exposed Parker's rump 4 years ago. He had a nice keester. Encore?

DMC
06-21-2014, 12:02 AM
James as a sure thing doesn't mean anything though, because sure things aren't news.

Thread
06-21-2014, 12:05 AM
James as a sure thing doesn't mean anything though, because sure things aren't news.

James is. ESPN is vested.

DMC
06-21-2014, 12:22 AM
James is. ESPN is vested.

They were all over Kobe for 10 years and it worked... just look at all the love he gets here from people who only read about him and watch highlights. One thing is certain; Laker fan needs James to fail in order to prop up their broken hero, and even an old dog like you needs a hero and it ain't Horry and it ain't Daddy.

Thread
06-21-2014, 12:50 AM
They were all over Kobe for 10 years and it worked... just look at all the love he gets here from people who only read about him and watch highlights. One thing is certain; Laker fan needs James to fail in order to prop up their broken hero, and even an old dog like you needs a hero and it ain't Horry and it ain't Daddy.

Not this Laker fan. Aside from him lynching Sterling in California I have nothing against James.

Though "They" were gathering in the shallows there after '08 on into the '10 Finals before Bryant double crossed "They" and Artest made "They" eat that shit sandwich whole.

The Third Man
06-21-2014, 01:46 AM
Ask the Knicks about Riley's sense of loyalty and courage. Riley faxed his resignation.
http://www.nj.com/knicks/index.ssf/2014/06/remembering_pat_rileys_gutless_departure_from_the_ knicks_went_down.html

Xevious
06-21-2014, 07:43 AM
Wade is done as a star player. If Riley can convince him to take a pay cut and a reduced role, that'll be his biggest accomplishment. Hiring a few more washed up vets for the minimum isn't going to work out any better than it did in Cleveland.