PDA

View Full Version : All 5 Spurs Championships on NBA TV today!

TampaDude
06-20-2014, 10:42 AM
Watching Game 7 against the Pistons now. 2007 Game 4 against the Cavs up next. Then 5. :hat

Hemotivo
06-20-2014, 10:58 AM
Oberto!

tmtcsc
06-20-2014, 11:13 AM
That Cleveland series was as forgettable and ugly as they come. It was a sweep though and those don't happen in the Finals very often. Come to think of it, there might be two or three memorable plays from the whole thing. I remember Tim yelling at Oberto when Fabs was on the floor, I remember the possession where the Spurs got like 3 or 4 offensive rebounds toward the end of the game when Cleveland really needed one and I remember Tim's block on James in game 1. Other than that, every game seemed to be a grind it out affair with a team that really didn't deserve to be there.

'chip 5 was obviously the most beautiful and gratifying.
'chip 3 was the most hard-fought and rewarding.
'chip 1 was glorious for being the first.
'chip 2 was a relief (we had HCA throughout and lost it in every match-up except against the Lakers).
'chip 4 was forgettable and matter-of-fact.

Budkin
06-20-2014, 11:20 AM
Watching Game 7 against the Pistons now. 2007 Game 4 against the Cavs up next. Then 5. :hat

Most painful victory I've ever watched. Was having panic attacks the entire game, literally.

Prime Time
06-20-2014, 11:21 AM
That Cleveland series was as forgettable and ugly as they come. It was a sweep though and those don't happen in the Finals very often. Come to think of it, there might be two or three memorable plays from the whole thing. I remember Tim yelling at Oberto when Fabs was on the floor, I remember the possession where the Spurs got like 3 or 4 offensive rebounds toward the end of the game when Cleveland really needed one and I remember Tim's block on James in game 1. Other than that, every game seemed to be a grind it out affair with a team that really didn't deserve to be there.

'chip 5 was obviously the most beautiful and gratifying.
'chip 3 was the most hard-fought and rewarding.
'chip 1 was glorious for being the first.
'chip 2 was a relief (we had HCA throughout and lost it in every match-up except against the Lakers).
'chip 4 was forgettable and matter-of-fact.
Funny how if Cleveland won the '07 Ring, it would be cherished for the rest of their franchise history. Fans would refer to that team as one of their best of all time, and no matter how bad their team gets, they'll always say "At least we have '07."

Just goes to show how spoiled we really are.

TampaDude
06-20-2014, 11:27 AM
Yeah, 2007 was pretty much a foregone conclusion. Major props to LeBron, though, for carrying a bunch of scrubs to the NBA Finals that year.

While 5 was by far the sweetest, given the storyline, the 2005 Finals was the most epic ever. :hat

TampaDude
06-20-2014, 11:51 AM
Damn...what's up with Gooden's "soul patch" on the back of his neck? Shave that shit off, it looks like ass! :lol

tmtcsc
06-20-2014, 12:08 PM
Funny how if Cleveland won the '07 Ring, it would be cherished for the rest of their franchise history. Fans would refer to that team as one of their best of all time, and no matter how bad their team gets, they'll always say "At least we have '07."

Just goes to show how spoiled we really are.

http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/assets/4636903/cockypop2.gif

O hell yeah we're spoiled.

Gervin44Silas13
06-20-2014, 12:24 PM
That was an EPIC Game 7

Most painful victory I've ever watched. Was having panic attacks the entire game, literally.

Gervin44Silas13
06-20-2014, 12:24 PM
you think he sprayed SOUL GLOW on it?

Damn...what's up with Gooden's "soul patch" on the back of his neck? Shave that shit off, it looks like ass! :lol

davidbowie
06-20-2014, 12:25 PM
damn that cavs team blew :rollin

davidbowie
06-20-2014, 12:25 PM
no wonder lebron got the fuck outta there

T Park
06-20-2014, 12:27 PM
That 99 game. My god. That's some of the worst basketball I've ever seen. Don't realize it at the time because it was the norm, but compared to now, good god...

timtonymanu
06-20-2014, 01:08 PM
That 99 game. My god. That's some of the worst basketball I've ever seen. Don't realize it at the time because it was the norm, but compared to now, good god...

:lol Truth. Young Timmy though :cry

J.T.
06-20-2014, 01:13 PM

I was in the building for that one. Was a very cool moment after a very nervous game. They were tied when the 4th started.

baseline bum
06-20-2014, 01:17 PM
I was in the building for that one. Was a very cool moment after a very nervous game. They were tied when the 4th started.

Tony Parker with the big shot to start the Spurs run from down 9 in the third. Then Duncan just shat all over Detroit for the rest of the quarter before Manu took the Spurs home in the fourth. :cry

T Park
06-20-2014, 01:29 PM
:lol Truth. Young Timmy though :cry

Man. He hit one shot, a fall away one handed bank shot with Chris Dudley and Latrell Spreewell In his face. I mean he couldn't see the rim.

A turn and spin baseline Hakeem Olajuwon esque jumper. Just phenomenal stuff.

J.T.
06-20-2014, 09:58 PM
Tony Parker with the big shot to start the Spurs run from down 9 in the third. Then Duncan just shat all over Detroit for the rest of the quarter before Manu took the Spurs home in the fourth. :cry

Man, Duncan deserved that MVP and all, but Manu was running away with it before he crashed into Ben Wallace and was shaken up or a game or two. I mean he still could have totally won MVP and not many would have disputed it. And it would be sick next year to have been able to field a lineup of four Finals MVPs: Duncan, Ginobili, Parker and Leonard. You'd never see that again in history unless a bunch of Finals MVPs pulled a Miami.

baseline bum
06-20-2014, 10:04 PM
Man, Duncan deserved that MVP and all, but Manu was running away with it before he crashed into Ben Wallace and was shaken up or a game or two. I mean he still could have totally won MVP and not many would have disputed it. And it would be sick next year to have been able to field a lineup of four Finals MVPs: Duncan, Ginobili, Parker and Leonard. You'd never see that again in history unless a bunch of Finals MVPs pulled a Miami.

Was watching that Game 7 at Hooters in Santa Monica and Pharrell was there, and he came up to and told me I better get a Ginobili jersey after that fourth quarter. :lol

Ibleedslvrnblk
06-20-2014, 10:28 PM
I was actually thinking it would be cool to have a DVD of all the finals they been in. I'd love to watch every game....

TampaDude
06-21-2014, 03:19 PM
I was actually thinking it would be cool to have a DVD of all the finals they been in. I'd love to watch every game....

Well, all except 6. :lol

ViceCity84
06-21-2014, 03:21 PM
2003 Championship DVD-The 4th quarter clinchers

dg7md
06-21-2014, 11:31 PM
I was too young to fully appreciate 1999's first win but it was easily the beginning of our dominance throughout basketball and cannot be ignored.

2003 was the first title that we had since I watched almost every single game and it was gratifying but mostly nothing until the Mavs series... the Finals weren't really that exciting and was never in doubt against that weak Nets team.

2005 was amazing, that entire Finals I was on pins and needles (much like 2013), but I'm never, ever going to forget what 2014 means for this organization: easily the best title win ever.

That 2007 Finals series was really bad. :lol I'm glad we won but it was horrendous basketball. Only one game was close, I think.

Spurs 4 The Win
06-21-2014, 11:46 PM
I was too young to fully appreciate 1999's first win but it was easily the beginning of our dominance throughout basketball and cannot be ignored.

2003 was the first title that we had since I watched almost every single game and it was gratifying but mostly nothing until the Mavs series... the Finals weren't really that exciting and was never in doubt against that weak Nets team.

2005 was amazing, that entire Finals I was on pins and needles (much like 2013), but I'm never, ever going to forget what 2014 means for this organization: easily the best title win ever.

That 2007 Finals series was really bad. :lol I'm glad we won but it was horrendous basketball. Only one game was close, I think.

Although the 2007 Finals were a joke and same with the WCF, the WCSF vs the Suns was one of the best series I have ever seen, it was the de facto Finals.

dbreiden83080
06-21-2014, 11:59 PM
I am watching the closeout game of the 2003 finals right now. That Spurs team was so limited offensively but dominant defensively.. With Tony and Manu he being so young it is amazing that Tim Duncan was able to dethrone the Lakers and win another championship that year. His abilities at that point in his career were godlike.