PDA

View Full Version : Predicting the top ten QB's of 2014 and their stats

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-20-2014, 03:22 PM
1) Peyton Manning
I expect Peyton to have a bounceback year after his latest choke job. He will realize this is his final year to get his last ring and I think he will take advantage of it. Losing Eric Decker isn't that significant considering he shits the bed in the big game, despite his nice numbers that are stat padded. I don't think there's much to lose trying out Emmanuel Sanders. I think Peyton will come out strong the first couple of games like last year and finish strong as well.
Prediction: 44 TD's 18 INT's

2) Aaron Rodgers
It's sad that such a good quarterback has to play with such a mediocre coach and defense. If he went anywhere else such as Arizona or Carolina they would easily win the Super Bowl every year. I think Green Bay will go around 9-7 or 10-6 this year, but it won't stop Rodgers from having a good year statistically. I predict a first round bounce again this year to San Fran, but I think Rodgers will put up decent numbers in the playoffs as well.
Prediction: 39 TD's 16 INT's

3) Philip Rivers
Gotta admit I'm a homer of Rivers cause he shattered every record in the NCAA at my school, but I have always been a Rivers believer. I think their team will step up this year but have the usual loses against shit teams. I'm predicting them to go 10-6 with best case scenario 11-5. Rivers is going to have a good year again and be in the discussion as an "elite" QB.
Prediction: 34 TD's 11 INT's

4) Tom Brady
Gotta admit I'm a little worried about Brady and the decline. I know all of his weapons were injured, but I really think New England shit the bed this offseason. Lafell is a horrible receiver that drops every pass that is catchable, and it's hard for Tom to carry the team at his age. I know they are the San Antonio of football, but lately I've been questioning their talent around Tom. I wish Steve Smith would have gone there. Tom will have another good year behind solid stats. Typical story with Brady, stats cannot show how valuable he is to his team.
Prediction: 23 TD's 12 INT's

5) Andrew Luck
I think Andrew is going to have a breakout this year. I still think he will throw a decent amount of interceptions, but I expect him to break out. They have all the weapons necessary to win a championship, of course despite a decent run game. But I think he will by hyped by the media of being the next great quarterback.
Prediction: 27 TD's 17 INT's

6) Drew Brees
I think Brees will have a mediocre season. Let me rephrase that.. I think Brees will have a mediocre season by Brees' standards. I still expect them to fight for the division title, like always. I also expect him to throw another 4000+ yard season. I just feel the tension between the Saints and Jimmy Graham. Got to hand it to New Orleans though, they had a good offseason.
Prediction: 35 TD's 16 INT's

7) Matt Ryan
With the Falcons healthy, they are going to be borderline elite. I have always made the case that they were overrated and playing in a shit division at the time, which I was right about considering they got destroyed every year in the playoffs despite having a dominant record. With Roddy White and Julio Jones back, Ryan will have another good season in the competitive as ever NFC South. Losing Tony is a minus, though.
Prediction: 33 TD's 18 INT's

8) Cam Newton
Newton showed a big leap last year, and already has a lot of doubts from those concering their wide receiver core. As a fan, I'm a little worried considering Smith was a big part of our leadership, but at the same time I came onto the realization that we had the worst passing game in the league last year. We have a winning success and as long as Cam can make big plays, he will stay as an above-average QB. If he can make the receivers work, I think the media will hype him to being elite, like Luck. I think the big receivers will work for Cam, and Kelvin Benjamin will be a candidate for ROTY.
Prediction: 24 TD's 12 INT's

9) Russell Wilson
I think Russell will have another solid year, make few mistakes and play his role on the team. That's really all he needs to do. I have them losing in the Super Bowl this year to Denver, but I think that will be on other players such as Sherman, etc.
Prediction: 22 TD's 9 INT's

10) Joe Flacco
Flacco will have a bounce back year after being disappointing last year. Maybe it's just me being a homer to Steve Smith, but I think their wide receiving core is deep and they have a lot of weapons on offense, as well as defense. I think they can be an X-factor team.
Prediction: 25 TD's 14 INT's

Honorable mentions: Ben Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, Tony Homo, and not Andy Dalton.

Clipper Nation
06-20-2014, 03:47 PM
8) Cam Newton
:lmao

spurraider21
06-20-2014, 04:30 PM
:lmao Derek Carr not top 2

johnsmith
06-20-2014, 06:23 PM
I actually thought that was pretty well done by no lyfe

Thebesteva
06-20-2014, 07:44 PM
I still believe in Denver, I really like the moves they made in the off season. But the billion dollar question is how much of a toll did the superbowl take on them mentally? Do they come out like 09 or 14 Lakers and Spurs respectively? Or do they crumble like Celtics after 10?

IrisHockey
06-20-2014, 08:08 PM
:lmao PHILLIP RIVERS

Avante
06-21-2014, 03:07 AM
:lmao

Instead of acting like a moron why not give us your take on this topic...ok?

Avante
06-21-2014, 03:12 AM
Where is Nick Foles?

Great job breaking all that down, great read!

I see Andrew Luck being the one who makes the most dramatic improvement from last season. Other than that not a whole hell of a lot I can add. I 'd like to see Wilson become more of a passer but that's not who they are.

Avante
06-21-2014, 03:14 AM
:lmao Derek Carr not top 2

He had better receivers at Fresno State.

DD
06-21-2014, 05:42 AM
I actually thought that was pretty well done by no lyfe

Yeah, don't agree with all of it but altogether a decent list. This will be Andrew Luck's league before long. Don't agree with Matt Ryan and Cam Newton being on that list. Like him or not, Jay Cutler will probably put up great #'s with Jeffery and Marshall. Ryan will sorely miss Tony G, so I'd replace him with Ben.

Darkhorse is Fitzmagic...and I agree, anything Andy Dalton does will ultimately mean nothing.

Infinite_limit
06-21-2014, 12:08 PM
If you list Newton & Wilson. Where is Kaepernick

spurraider21
06-21-2014, 02:32 PM
Rightfully off the list

Infinite_limit
06-21-2014, 02:36 PM
Rightfully off the list
They are each overrated but on equal footing

Raven
06-21-2014, 02:53 PM
so brady will have a worse td/int ratio than cum... very likely to happen...

Bigzax
06-21-2014, 02:59 PM
You missin RG3 man! He'll be back with a vengeance!

Infinite_limit
06-21-2014, 03:00 PM
Chargers play the NFC West this season. SD might get into the playoffs again as Chiefs will probably take a step back but don't expect the same quality season from Rivers

Falcons will not rebound. I saw a list recently with them listed as Bottom 5 in roster talent.

benefactor
06-21-2014, 03:55 PM
No one thinks this guy is on the list?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/10478166_10201156702519649_4263880407910505521_n.j pg

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-22-2014, 11:41 AM
Where is Nick Foles?

Great job breaking all that down, great read!

I see Andrew Luck being the one who makes the most dramatic improvement from last season. Other than that not a whole hell of a lot I can add. I 'd like to see Wilson become more of a passer but that's not who they are.

I knew I was forgetting a QB.. I think the loss of DeSean may be a bit rough on them. Then again Sproles is a great target and having a locker room cancer out of the way may benefit their offense.

Kaepernick has good days when he's able to get his run game going, but his passing abilities and decision-making aren't quite on that level yet. For the weapons he has, he has underachieved... unless they are playing Green Bay..

so brady will have a worse td/int ratio than cum... very likely to happen...

Not as big of a stretch as you think. I'm pretty sure Newton had a better TD/INT ratio than Brady last year.. not to mention he beat him head-to-head :lol... Like I said, though, Brady's importance is typically not shown by his numbers..

You missin RG3 man! He'll be back with a vengeance!

Haha.. I have much love for RGIII, but he has to prove himself again with subpar weapons and a new coach. We will see though... he has so much physical talent but he needs to sharpen up mentally.

J.T.
06-22-2014, 11:51 AM
You guys need to stop drinking the Andrew Luck INT machine kool-aid that Avante keeps spewing. He had a bad playoffs, yes he did. He threw 9 picks in the regular season. Less than the great Peyton Manning!

Holden_Caulfield
06-22-2014, 03:14 PM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1307945/hennelol2_medium.gif

LkrFan
06-23-2014, 09:41 AM
-10 points for no mention of Air Romo. Remember, Linehan is now our O coordinator. :lol

Raven
06-23-2014, 10:37 AM
I knew I was forgetting a QB.. I think the loss of DeSean may be a bit rough on them. Then again Sproles is a great target and having a locker room cancer out of the way may benefit their offense.

Kaepernick has good days when he's able to get his run game going, but his passing abilities and decision-making aren't quite on that level yet. For the weapons he has, he has underachieved... unless they are playing Green Bay..

Not as big of a stretch as you think. I'm pretty sure Newton had a better TD/INT ratio than Brady last year.. not to mention he beat him head-to-head :lol... Like I said, though, Brady's importance is typically not shown by his numbers..

Haha.. I have much love for RGIII, but he has to prove himself again with subpar weapons and a new coach. We will see though... he has so much physical talent but he needs to sharpen up mentally.

honestly, it's flat out retarded. I'm not even going to put effort into it, just look at what the offensive lines were last year.

The Gemini Method
06-23-2014, 11:06 AM
Switch Wilson and Cam's position and then this is a pretty solid take. Paul Richardson added to Percy Harvin, Sidney "Larry Fitz of the PNW" Rice, Grumpy Baldwin, Luke Wilson, Zach Miller, and the hopefully healthy Anthony McCoy will aid Wilson in his continued development.

Kyle Orton
06-23-2014, 11:28 AM

Tbh RG3 actually has a shit ton of weapons this year. The league leader in receptions last year (garçon), a proven deep threat to open shit up in desean, a solid to good slot receiver Andre Roberts from Arizona, back to back 1000 yard rusher in Morris and Jordan reed (rookie leader in receptions/yards until he got concussed and missed the last half of the season). His line is still questionable but the special teams and defense should be improved so he has no excuse.

Clipper Nation
06-23-2014, 11:41 AM
-10 points for no mention of Air Romo. Remember, Linehan is now our O coordinator. :lol
Air Romo? More like Err Romo with all those picks he'll be throwing :lol

Spur-Addict
06-23-2014, 12:15 PM
Switch Wilson and Cam's position and then this is a pretty solid take. Paul Richardson added to Percy Harvin, Sidney "Larry Fitz of the PNW" Rice, Grumpy Baldwin, Luke Wilson, Zach Miller, and the hopefully healthy Anthony McCoy will aid Wilson in his continued development.

P. Rich has been doing work in camp, he's a little frail though. Real top end speed though, I'm interested to see how they'll package this group. And Meooww is just being stubborn, everyone knows Wilson is better than Cam.

spurraider21
06-23-2014, 02:46 PM
Air Romo? More like Err Romo with all those picks he'll be throwing :lol
:lol not bad. tbh i'm surprised you didn't go with Tony "throws a lot of interceptions and chokes late season/playoffs" Romo

Aztecfan03
06-27-2014, 01:33 PM
Chargers play the NFC West this season. SD might get into the playoffs again as Chiefs will probably take a step back but don't expect the same quality season from Rivers

Falcons will not rebound. I saw a list recently with them listed as Bottom 5 in roster talent.

I was sort of thinking the same thing but that is only 4 games and our own division still has shit defenses outside of KC. Rivers might be even more comfortable in second year under McCoy, having Allen starting for full season, Floyd back, Green hopefully with a bigger role, more running threats, etc.

Aztecfan03
06-27-2014, 01:35 PM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/10478166_10201156702519649_4263880407910505521_n.j pg

He isn't even supposed to start.

Aztecfan03
06-27-2014, 01:38 PM
Good list. Only two i'm not sure about are Ryan and Flacco. Romo will probably be right there.

Aztecfan03
06-27-2014, 01:40 PM
:lmao PHILLIP RIVERS

There is no one in the NFL by that name.

IrisHockey
06-27-2014, 03:36 PM

:rolleyes

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-27-2014, 04:24 PM

:lol..

Aztecfan03
06-27-2014, 10:26 PM
:rolleyes

There was no other way to reply to the stupidity in your post.

J.T.
06-29-2014, 06:20 AM

So what you're saying is you think Manziel is due for a big concussion that turns him into a half-retarded White Lawrence Taylor from Louisiana. Ok. I think we can work with this.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-07-2014, 11:10 AM
edit

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-01-2014, 09:43 AM
Told you all not to sleep on my nigga Rivers