PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: Rockets planning all-out push for LeBron James

ducks
06-20-2014, 03:57 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/20/report-rockets-planning-all-out-push-for-lebron-james/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Chinook
06-20-2014, 04:00 PM
And, hell, why not?

Infinite_limit
06-20-2014, 04:01 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/20/report-rockets-planning-all-out-push-for-lebron-james/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs
Howard + Harden in the West? James needs to stick in the East if he wants to crack the Top 8 players All Time

Jacob1983
06-20-2014, 04:33 PM
Why would Lebron want to come to the West? Does he want longer summer vacations?

DAF86
06-20-2014, 04:39 PM
Meh, I don't know if Harden and Howard would be the greatest fits for Lebron.

Clipper Nation
06-20-2014, 04:41 PM
:lol Good luck selling him on McFail and James "Younger Version of Current TOSWade" Harden, tbh....

Killakobe81
06-20-2014, 05:18 PM
I dont blame them but ...makes no sense.

I get it would make some sense to pair Lebron with a player that can alleviate some of the play-making responsibilities but two problems with that scenario.

1. IF he goes to a team like Rox, Harden (unless part of a trade) would become a stand in the corner/wings player and would probably not be as effective.

2. Dwight also clogs the lane on offense (but a Dwight/Lebron pnr would be nasty) and you are taking play-making away from one of the best play-makers of all-time. And why would you want Harden with the ball making plays when you have Lebron Harden becomes redundant tbh.

Lebron doesnt need superstars, he needs good coaching and reliable #2 and #3 men. At times the other Heatles did not provide that this year.

If I had Lebron I would pair him with a big with range that can move like Ibaka. A shooter like Klay Thompson for spacing and a great cutting wing like prime Wade, Rip Hamilton etc. He also needs a reliable #2 player no matter the position because without one he has not rang in cleveland or Miami. He also needs a wing defender to take some of the pressure off him to be the "stopper".

Honestly Lebron should look for younger better versions of what he had in Miami. Another great wing to play the 2man game with ...and a stretch big that would give him room to drive or bully near the rack.

elmanutres
06-20-2014, 05:22 PM
Dwert would be the downfall of that team if lebron goes there.

Robz4000
06-20-2014, 05:26 PM
Lebron's best fit would be the Clippers if they jettison'd CP0.

Killakobe81
06-20-2014, 05:33 PM
Lebron's best fit would be the Clippers if they jettison'd CP0.

Not really. Denadre and Blake clog the lane with Lebron you want great spacing. Blake has improved his jumper but I still would clog the lane in that scenario.

Clipper Nation
06-20-2014, 05:36 PM
Not really. Denadre and Blake clog the lane with Lebron you want great spacing. Blake has improved his jumper but I still would clog the lane in that scenario.

DJ wouldn't be on the team anymore if LeBron came, tbh..... a lineup of Blake + LeBron + 3-and-D guys would wreck shop....

Chinook
06-20-2014, 05:47 PM
Lebron has to get over having "great spacing." If you want to design your whole offense around Lebron attacking while everyone else just stands around the perimeter, you'll end up with the same mess Miami has. James plays PG on offense, so he'd essentially be a bigger, better Chris Paul. The Clippers' offense had no problems scoring with two bigs in the lane.

This is why it's so hard to build around a wing. They're going to end up playing the role of a point-guard (James), a shooter (Durant) or a big (Melo). There's really no way a dominant wing can fit into an offense without completely taking it over, like we saw with Prime Wade, Kobe and Jordan.

it's me
06-20-2014, 05:47 PM
It's so comical living in Houston.... this fuckers don't know what the hell to do to win fucking something. Have a bunch of teams on different disciplines and ALL suck so freaking much :lmao .....sure, Bron will want to play with such losers.

djohn2oo8
06-20-2014, 06:01 PM
Dwert would be the downfall of that team if lebron goes there.

Dwert averaged 26, 13 and 2.8 blocks against Portland. He wasn't the downfall.

djohn2oo8
06-20-2014, 06:05 PM

I get it would make some sense to pair Lebron with a player that can alleviate some of the play-making responsibilities but two problems with that scenario.

1. IF he goes to a team like Rox, Harden (unless part of a trade) would become a stand in the corner/wings player and would probably not be as effective.

2. Dwight also clogs the lane on offense (but a Dwight/Lebron pnr would be nasty) and you are taking play-making away from one of the best play-makers of all-time. And why would you want Harden with the ball making plays when you have Lebron Harden becomes redundant tbh.

Lebron doesnt need superstars, he needs good coaching and reliable #2 and #3 men. At times the other Heatles did not provide that this year.

If I had Lebron I would pair him with a big with range that can move like Ibaka. A shooter like Klay Thompson for spacing and a great cutting wing like prime Wade, Rip Hamilton etc. He also needs a reliable #2 player no matter the position because without one he has not rang in cleveland or Miami. He also needs a wing defender to take some of the pressure off him to be the "stopper".

Honestly Lebron should look for younger better versions of what he had in Miami. Another great wing to play the 2man game with ...and a stretch big that would give him room to drive or bully near the rack.

Harden co-existed with Durant and Westbrook, I don't see any problems with fit. Harden only handles the ball so much because neither Beverley nor Lin can create. If they got a real PG, and Harden didn't handle the ball so much his efficiency could increase. Same thing if LeBron came which I don't see happening but why not try.

djohn2oo8
06-20-2014, 06:14 PM
No way he comes. The next best outcome of it would to make Riley shit his depends a little.

-21-
06-20-2014, 06:19 PM
No way he comes. The next best outcome of it would to make Riley shit his depends a little.

What?

djohn2oo8
06-20-2014, 06:20 PM
What?
Making Riley nervous, sweat a little that LeBron might actually leave is a positive outcome. Even if LeBron doesn't leave.

Franklin
06-20-2014, 06:25 PM
Lockets would actually be a real contender if they somehow land Lebron tbh. No joke, the Lockets need a leader bad and lebron would be the final missing piece to complete the puzzle.

Franklin
06-20-2014, 06:28 PM
Lebron is most efficient when playing in a fast-break system, but the current Miami team ain't able to sustain such a playing style with 70% of their squad being TOSBs. The Lockets can run and DH is a monster in defense and rebounding which Lebron has never had neither in Cleveland nor Miami.

Aztecfan03
06-20-2014, 06:47 PM
Lebron is most efficient when playing in a fast-break system, but the current Miami team ain't able to sustain such a playing style with 70% of their squad being TOSBs. The Lockets can run and DH is a monster in defense and rebounding which Lebron has never had neither in Cleveland nor Miami.

Yeah. Lebron would probably fit great in Houston. I think better than with Wade/Bosh.

Mel_13
06-20-2014, 06:49 PM
Dork Elvis wouldn't be struggling to create cap space to chase LeBron or Melo if he had just drafted Leonard instead of the Lesser Morris Twin.

djohn2oo8
06-20-2014, 07:03 PM
Dork Elvis wouldn't be struggling to create cap space to chase LeBron or Melo if he had just drafted Leonard instead of the Lesser Morris Twin.

Which sucker ass team would trade for Lin? :lol

djohn2oo8
06-20-2014, 07:06 PM

m>s
06-20-2014, 07:23 PM
i was right about lin when i said he'd be nothing more than a decent backup pg...most people on this site actually tried to argue with me.

dg7md
06-20-2014, 07:41 PM
LeBron should just go to the Clippers if he wants to go to the West — that is easily a team on the rise of a championship push. They will be unstoppable with LeBron. Other than the Clippers, he would be foolish to go anywhere else in the West because not only is the road harder, but there are more top-tier talents in the west.

:lol at Bron going to a team with an all-time choker Dwight Howard and a volume shooter in James Harden. No way this happens and if it does, the Rockets will find a way to implode like all Dwight Howard teams.

Bron should just stay in Miami or go back to Cleveland where certainly he could bring the Cavs back to glory — it won't take much to get back to the Finals from the east and the Cavs have some great young players.

djohn2oo8
06-20-2014, 07:42 PM
LeBron should just go to the Clippers if he wants to go to the West — that is easily a team on the rise of a championship push. They will be unstoppable with LeBron.

:lol at Bron going to a team with an all-time choker Dwight Howard and a volume shooter in Harden. No way this happens and if it does, the Rockets will find a way to implode like all Dwight Howard teams.

You mention all time chokers, yet Paul hasn't reached the conference finals :lol

Thebesteva
06-20-2014, 07:42 PM
Houston would be dangerous with him, but I just dont see Lebron leaving Miami. He has to find a 'home' so to speak. You cant be a citizen of no where

dg7md
06-20-2014, 07:43 PM
You mention all time chokers, yet Paul hasn't reached the conference finals :lol

Chris Paul hasn't been a part of franchise-killing debacles though. :lol

djohn2oo8
06-20-2014, 07:44 PM
Houston would be dangerous with him, but I just dont see Lebron leaving Miami. He has to find a 'home' so to speak. You cant be a citizen of no where
I don't see him leaving THIS year. But he is a businessman, he doesn't have any attachment to Miami as they have some terrible fans.

djohn2oo8
06-20-2014, 07:45 PM
Chris Paul hasn't been a part of franchise-killing debacles though. :lol
Jannero Pargo would disagree :lol

Chinook
06-20-2014, 07:50 PM

Which sucker ass team would trade for Lin? :lol

It's probably not for free. I heard talk that the Sixers are considering taking on Boozer's deal to get a first out of Chicago. I'm sure they'd be happier with Lin (his contract counts $15M against the floor but only $8.33M against the cap) if Houston included Terrance Jones or Canaan and the Rockets' first.

I can convince myself that Houston can dump Asik for free, but no way they don't expect to have to pay for moving Lin.

I still think Houston can get Love if they want to. Asik going out to some third team while Rockets send Parsons, Jones and a pick to Minnesota has to beat the GS offer.

Thebesteva
06-20-2014, 07:50 PM
I don't see him leaving THIS year. But he is a businessman, he doesn't have any attachment to Miami as they have some terrible fans.

One of the key elements to be a legend is having a team. Magic had Lakers, Bird with Celtics, Jordan with bulls etc etc. It would be odd to leave Miami, a team that won 2 titles and prolly will win more for a new home. I dunno, I agree that hes a business man but at what cost?

djohn2oo8
06-20-2014, 07:53 PM
One of the key elements to be a legend is having a team. Magic had Lakers, Bird with Celtics, Jordan with bulls etc etc. It would be odd to leave Miami, a team that won 2 titles and prolly will win more for a new home. I dunno, I agree that hes a business man but at what cost?

It's a new age though. There is more competition, more basketball focused on team play. Magic had a stacked roster and so did Bird and Jordan eventually. You cannot win on your own, especially today. An example of that would be LeBron going out 4-1 when he had such a great series.

Clipper Nation
06-20-2014, 08:10 PM
One of the key elements to be a legend is having a team. Magic had Lakers, Bird with Celtics, Jordan with bulls etc etc.
Shaq played for like six different teams and is still a legend, tbh....

Franklin
06-20-2014, 08:35 PM
LeBron should just go to the Clippers if he wants to go to the West — that is easily a team on the rise of a championship push. They will be unstoppable with LeBron. Other than the Clippers, he would be foolish to go anywhere else in the West because not only is the road harder, but there are more top-tier talents in the west.

:lol at Bron going to a team with an all-time choker Dwight Howard and a volume shooter in James Harden. No way this happens and if it does, the Rockets will find a way to implode like all Dwight Howard teams.

Bron should just stay in Miami or go back to Cleveland where certainly he could bring the Cavs back to glory — it won't take much to get back to the Finals from the east and the Cavs have some great young players.
Thinking about the same (Lebron going back to Cleveland) but I doubt the fans there will forgive him tbh. Sure the Cavs got some excellent young talents (like my nigga Irving and the upcoming #1 draft) but Lebron would rather play with established stars than tutor those kids imho.

DMC
06-20-2014, 08:37 PM
Why would Lebron want to come to the West? Does he want longer summer vacations?

Only if he's playing up around South Oklahoma.

DMC
06-20-2014, 08:38 PM

He'd be GOAT if he died in a tragic airplane crash, but since we're witnessing him turning into JTH on live television, he's going to be remembered as a cross eyed negro sloth with a fake degree.

Thebesteva
06-20-2014, 08:41 PM

Shaq deserved more than that, he should have retired a Laker legend instead of partially a Laker legend. It was a dark cloud over LA when Kobe did that stuff

Clipper Nation
06-20-2014, 08:44 PM

Since when? Kyrie is just Marbury 2.0, Waiters sucks, Thompson sucks, and Bennett is one of the biggest draft busts in history.... those "great young players" couldn't even make the playoffs in a historically bad East despite their front office making win-now moves :lol

DMC
06-20-2014, 08:46 PM
Since when? Kyrie is just Marbury 2.0, Waiters sucks, Thompson sucks, and Bennett is one of the biggest draft busts in history.... those "great young players" couldn't even make the playoffs in a historically bad East despite their front office making win-now moves :lol

Any of the guys you mentioned would be stars in San Antonio, even Bennett, because they would have to play the right way. In Cleveland it's a fucking free for all and the coach has no power.

dg7md
06-20-2014, 09:11 PM

Marbury was a great talent in his day that just needed a good coach to mentor him into a better team player tbh. It's a shame he played for terrible teams with bad coaching because he would have been a great player under a good system.

I wouldn't say Waiters or Thompson sucks either... Bennett could very well be the biggest bust since Olowokandi, but I think that he has potential still. Too early to tell on him.

But yeah, the Cavs are pretty bad as constructed, but adding LeBron would change the atmosphere and lead to a better coach coming in and more energy from the players certainly.

Thread
06-20-2014, 09:15 PM
Pulling for dj's team would be a tough pill to swallow, but, if it came to that I'd have nary other choice. I do not want to go to California with that fuckin' bag.

baseline bum
06-20-2014, 09:59 PM
LeBron in Memphis would be something if Randolph opts out. Who the fuck is going to score on Tony Allen, LeBron James, and Marc Gasol?

mystargtr34
06-20-2014, 10:03 PM

:lol agree.. i don't see any upside in the Cavs at all, no way LeBron even considers them unless another big name comes with him. They have fucked up royally since LeBron left outside of drafting Kryie, since that draft was trash outside of Kawhi, Pars:lolns and one or two others.

Seefourdc
06-20-2014, 10:16 PM
Lebron still envisions a future with him being the GOAT NBA player. Cav's aren't even an option. I could see him going to Houston, the Clippers (a mistake) or a couple other contenders that make a serious move and have the cast to make it happen. Anyone who doesn't think Lebron on Houston would be seriously dangerous is crazy. Houston's biggest problem is a lack of PG play and Lebron often runs the point. It fixes their biggest issue. Lebron can shoot J's and 3's now too... people seem to forget that with the "clog the lane" talk. That's Wade that can't do shit anymore on a team that clogs the lane with his complete loss of athleticism and failure to develop his shooting as he's aged.

DMX7
06-20-2014, 10:39 PM
Bosh sucks, plain and simple. Wade is completely over the hill. LeBron could do anything, but I suspect he will stay in Miami as to avoid looking like a basketball mercenary.

Franklin
06-20-2014, 10:53 PM
He'd be GOAT if he died in a tragic airplane crash, but since we're witnessing him turning into JTH on live television, he's going to be remembered as a cross eyed negro sloth with a fake degree.
Which do you think is worse? A legit nigga with a fake degree, or a nigga with a legit Harvard degree but a fake birth certificate?

100%duncan
06-20-2014, 10:55 PM
You can say anythig you want but bron coming to the rockets would probably fuck everyone up. Its scary

spurraider21
06-20-2014, 11:00 PM
You can say anythig you want but bron coming to the [insert team here] would probably fuck everyone up. Its scary
Fify

100%duncan
06-20-2014, 11:02 PM
Fify

Fair enough

DMC
06-20-2014, 11:11 PM
Which do you think is worse? A legit nigga with a fake degree, or a nigga with a legit Harvard degree but a fake birth certificate?

The 2nd because he can send a lot of white people to die killing the sand fleas. The fake degree waving cross eyed silverback has no power.

baseline bum
06-20-2014, 11:13 PM
Lebron still envisions a future with him being the GOAT NBA player. Cav's aren't even an option. I could see him going to Houston, the Clippers (a mistake) or a couple other contenders that make a serious move and have the cast to make it happen. Anyone who doesn't think Lebron on Houston would be seriously dangerous is crazy. Houston's biggest problem is a lack of PG play and Lebron often runs the point. It fixes their biggest issue. Lebron can shoot J's and 3's now too... people seem to forget that with the "clog the lane" talk. That's Wade that can't do shit anymore on a team that clogs the lane with his complete loss of athleticism and failure to develop his shooting as he's aged.

:lol Bible Kemp
:lol McHale
:lol Chink in the Armor
:lol humidity
:lol 3rd Ward
:lol Yao's feet
:lol McGrady's back
:lol Francis a franchise player
:lol nuked in Independence Day

ezau
06-20-2014, 11:25 PM
Considering how they snagged Dwight and Harden, I really think the Rockets could do this.

DMC
06-20-2014, 11:42 PM
:lol Bible Kemp
:lol McHale
:lol Chink in the Armor
:lol humidity
:lol 3rd Ward
:lol Yao's feet
:lol McGrady's back
:lol Francis a franchise player
:lol nuked in Independence Day

det last one got me good...

Thread
06-21-2014, 12:10 AM
You can say anythig you want but bron coming to the rockets would probably fuck everyone up. Its scary

ESPN has been throwing shit against the wall since they recognized it was not going to work out in the Finals. It started with that stupid Melo to Florida story and they've finally threw one that will stick.

Indazone
06-21-2014, 04:26 AM
Bring on LeBron! Let the I-10 rivalry resume!

z0sa
06-21-2014, 05:34 AM
Yeah, Im sure after 4 years of coasting to the Finals every season (and getting beatdown worse than any other team in history), LeBron wants in to both the L's toughest division and toughest conference.

Oh and :lol Dwight Coward
:lol n!gga never gets sick and tired of playing fools who think he actually wants to win

djohn2oo8
06-21-2014, 06:48 AM
They are making a pitch to Lionel Hollins. IDK if he comes, but if the Lakers don't hire him, or the Clips don't get him as an assistant, he should. He might have to be an assistant for a year before becoming a HC again which is unfortunate since he is a good coach.

Kidd K
06-21-2014, 07:36 AM
While Dwight and Harden are clearly better than Bosh and Wade now, I don't think LeBron wants any part of the western conference. His chances of winning a title go down despite joining a superior team.

I'm sure LeBron understands this. He will be facing ECF level competition in the 2nd round and Finals level competition in the WCF (or 2nd round too if he screws the pooch and only pulls the 2 seed).

Coasting through the terrible eastern conference is way too appealing for a "path of least resistance" pussy like him. Only the results matter to him, not how he gets them.

Thread
06-21-2014, 07:40 AM
While Dwight and Harden are clearly better than Bosh and Wade now

Though Bosh did have the wherewithal to grab that rebound and make that decision. Sure, a 100 other guys woulda made the same decision, sure. Howard, on the other hand got up off his ass, but, only after the coast was clear at 0-2.

Double-Up
06-21-2014, 09:24 AM

If Harden can play with Durant and Westbrook I doubt playing with LeBron would be a problem.

Koolaid_Man
06-21-2014, 09:29 AM
Rockets fans are not only Moronic...but delusional....Parsons was not the problem...the problem is Harden and his Whodini act or Dwight and his lack of blood flowing to his brain

midnightpulp
06-21-2014, 09:35 AM
Rockets fans are not only Moronic...but delusional....Parsons was not the problem...the problem is Harden and his Whodini act or Dwight and his lack of blood flowing to his brain

:lol

djohn2oo8
06-21-2014, 10:09 AM

Dwight showed up in the playoffs. Unlike Achilles.

djohn2oo8
06-21-2014, 10:11 AM
And yes Parsons is a problem.

POPownsJackson
06-21-2014, 11:23 AM
:lmao

Thread
06-21-2014, 12:16 PM

At 0-2. It's easy then.

Thread
06-21-2014, 12:17 PM
And yes Parsons is a problem.

Always the white people with you. Never the blacks.

Infinite_limit
06-21-2014, 12:38 PM
If Harden can play with Durant and Westbrook I doubt playing with LeBron would be a problem.
Sure, but who is the shot taker in Harden + James scenario? They should turn around and trade Harden for Westbrook.

Double-Up
06-21-2014, 12:39 PM
Sure, but who is the shot taker in Harden + James scenario? They should turn around and trade Harden for Westbrook.

Who was the shot taker in a Westbrook, Durant, Harden scenario?

Infinite_limit
06-21-2014, 12:40 PM
Durant & Westbrook. Harden was drive & dish. Which James is best at. You don't want James standing on the 3 point line jacking up shots

Thread
06-21-2014, 12:40 PM

Your mother?

Thread
06-21-2014, 06:48 PM
I got to thinkin' on this whilst showering and it occurred to me that perhaps the insistence that the Lakers not take back Lin & Asik will now block the Rockets from acquiring James. I don't know if this is good, or, bad, but, it is a consideration.

DMC
06-21-2014, 08:44 PM
I got to thinkin' on this whilst showering and it occurred to me that perhaps the insistence that the Lakers not take back Lin & Asik will now block the Rockets from acquiring James. I don't know if this is good, or, bad, but, it is a consideration.
You should bring it up at the Lakers board meeting.

Thread
06-21-2014, 09:09 PM
You should bring it up at the Lakers board meeting.

Just remember it was me who cited it first.

DMC
06-21-2014, 09:20 PM

And you'll count the hits and ignore the misses so it matters not.

Thread
06-21-2014, 09:49 PM
And you'll count the hits and ignore the misses so it matters not.

Horseshit. I take my misses.

DMC
06-21-2014, 10:30 PM
Horseshit. I take my misses.
When someone drags them up and trolls you incessantly with them.

Killakobe81
06-21-2014, 11:27 PM
LOL ... "but Harden played with Durant and Westbrook".
How is THAT the same. Harden was a young player who mostly came off the bench as the primary ball handler when Russ sat. A young Westbrook is NOT Lebron.
Again, a great coach, a reliable #2 and another wing defender is all he needs to be back in the title race no matter whatever conference he chooses.Too many of yall fall in love with the superteam pipe dreams but in reality if you count recent Celts and Heatles they have only 3 titles to show for it. Lebron should stay in MIA and ask for pieces he can count on they dont need be Melo or CP3 just dudes who can fill the appropriate roles and take some of the burden off James.

Killakobe81
06-21-2014, 11:36 PM
If the Spurs taught us anything is you build around a great player you just need to change the pieces around when they get older. Spo, Riles and of course Lebron are the constants you re-sign James for as long as possible and you do a better job of building around him than Cavs.

Houston is a shitty fit. Clips would make some sense if Jordan and or CP3 is gone. And tbh Lebron is worth Jordan and Paul. James plus Blake would be a great combo.

Chinook
06-21-2014, 11:37 PM
LOL ... "but Harden played with Durant and Westbrook".
How is THAT the same. Harden was a young player who mostly came off the bench as the primary ball handler when Russ sat. A young Westbrook is NOT Lebron.
Again, a great coach, a reliable #2 and another wing defender is all he needs to be back in the title race no matter whatever conference he chooses.Too many of yall fall in love with the superteam pipe dreams but in reality if you count recent Celts and Heatles they have only 3 titles to show for it. Lebron should stay in MIA and ask for pieces he can count on they dont need be Melo or CP3 just dudes who can fill the appropriate roles and take some of the burden off James.

Kinda convenient that you ignore the Lakers' two titles in that span. They weren't a superteam in the same sense 2012-2013's Lakers were, but they still were a collection of All-Stars with a huge payroll. They were the type of team that made the Celtics and Heat think that they'd need superteams to conquer, not the type Lebron can hope to form over one off-season with a Miami team with no real assets.

Among those three teams, are five of the last seven titles. The other two belong to a team on which a HoF player earned his stripes and the second-best coach in the league had his finest coaching job, and a team that was perhaps the greatest assemblage of players and coaches for the last 18 years. That's not repeatable, either.

It's not like Lebron can simply walk into Riley's office and say, "Get me 2009 Trevor Ariza and 2010 Wade." The players Miami needs are not easy to find, and they sure aren't going to be cheap.

Chinook
06-21-2014, 11:40 PM
If the Spurs taught us anything is you build around a great player you just need to change the pieces around when they get older. Spo, Riles and of course Lebron are the constants you re-sign James for as long as possible and you do a better job of building around him than Cavs.

Houston is a shitty fit. Clips would make some sense if Jordan and or CP3 is gone. And tbh Lebron is worth Jordan and Paul. James plus Blake would be a great combo.

Paul/Wade/X/Bosh/Jordan is an interesting combo, but Bosh would have to hang out near the three-point line to make it work offensively. They'd probably need to sign a player like Sefolosha to man the three-spot and hope he can regain his old form.

Killakobe81
06-21-2014, 11:48 PM
Kinda convenient that you ignore the Lakers' two titles in that span. They weren't a superteam in the same sense 2012-2013's Lakers were, but they still were a collection of All-Stars with a huge payroll. They were the type of team that made the Celtics and Heat think that they'd need superteams to conquer, not the type Lebron can hope to form over one off-season with a Miami team with no real assets.

Among those three teams, are five of the last seven titles. The other two belong to a team on which a HoF player earned his stripes and the second-best coach in the league had his finest coaching job, and a team that was perhaps the greatest assemblage of players and coaches for the last 18 years. That's not repeatable, either.

It's not like Lebron can simply walk into Riley's office and say, "Get me 2009 Trevor Ariza and 2010 Wade." The players Miami needs are not easy to find, and they sure aren't going to be cheap.

Lakers were no super team. Been down that path in another thread. Lamar has zero all-star appearances, IIRC and Artest maybe only 1 or 2 more.
Miami was a great fit. A super team yes but it was a great fit of pieces before Wade's decline. Also the timely contributions of Miller, Battier and even Chalmers on the repeat teams. Heck without Ray's 3 Super teams only have 2 titles since Shaqobe Lakers were broken up ...

Of course you want to collect great talent but it needs to fit.

Funny many on here consider the repeat Lakers of 2009-2010 was a super team but it was the great coaching and pieces that fit together which made that team look better than it was. Kobe was great Pau was uber efficient but that team was not great and far from a super team.

Chinook
06-21-2014, 11:57 PM
Lakers were no super team. Been down that path in another thread. Lamar has zero all-star appearances, IIRC and Artest maybe only 1 or 2 more.
Miami was a great fit. A super team yes but it was a great fit of pieces before Wade's decline. Also the timely contributions of Miller, Battier and even Chalmers on the repeat teams. Heck without Ray's 3 Super teams only have 2 titles since Shaqobe Lakers were broken up ...

Of course you want to collect great talent but it needs to fit.

Funny many on here consider the repeat Lakers of 2009-2010 was a super team but it was the great coaching and pieces that fit together which made that team look better than it was. Kobe was great Pau was uber efficient but that team was not great and far from a super team.

We can quibble over whether or not the Lakers of that time were a superteam. But they definitely weren't the type of team James can hope for Miami to build with no assets and declining stars. A Cole/Sef/Wade/Bosh/Gasol lineup with Wade off the bench isn't really any better than their current permutation, and that's their best-case scenario unless Dwyane and Rex take paycuts down to the point of giving the Heat cap room. Do you think Lebron and scraps is beating any team in the Finals next year? I don't.

DMC
06-21-2014, 11:58 PM

It's not about having a superstar and building a system of role players. It's about having a superstar who's willing to share the spotlight and trust his teammates, and not quit when times aren't optimal. You cannot even say times are tough for Lebron, he's made every Finals since he's been in Miami and been in 1 fewer Finals than Tim Duncan and Michael Jordan. You'd be hard pressed to fill a team with American born players and get Spurs type results because of the "me first" attitude in American sports.

It's easy to say that it's all about building around your core guys, but your core guys have to have the character and wherewithal to accept and foster that growth, and your front office and ownership has to have a faith and trust in the leadership of the team and the direction they are headed. That's not just something you can decide to do. It's a house of cards that you have to build from the ground up and it's easy to topple if you place one in there wrongly.

Without a true PG, Lebron will always be overused. He's a great point forward, one of the best ever in fact, but he needs to play a different role on the team and they need to have someone else running the offense so James can be free to create and roam. He's got Wade, Bosh and Allen. I think the Spurs could do just fine with those guys. It's about the leadership in Miami, and the fact that they have a culture NOW of superstar leadership that questions coaching and management decisions instead of following a game plan. I don't know if Spo ever made a game plan tbh.

Killakobe81
06-22-2014, 02:20 AM
It's not about having a superstar and building a system of role players. It's about having a superstar who's willing to share the spotlight and trust his teammates, and not quit when times aren't optimal. You cannot even say times are tough for Lebron, he's made every Finals since he's been in Miami and been in 1 fewer Finals than Tim Duncan and Michael Jordan. You'd be hard pressed to fill a team with American born players and get Spurs type results because of the "me first" attitude in American sports.

It's easy to say that it's all about building around your core guys, but your core guys have to have the character and wherewithal to accept and foster that growth, and your front office and ownership has to have a faith and trust in the leadership of the team and the direction they are headed. That's not just something you can decide to do. It's a house of cards that you have to build from the ground up and it's easy to topple if you place one in there wrongly.

Without a true PG, Lebron will always be overused. He's a great point forward, one of the best ever in fact, but he needs to play a different role on the team and they need to have someone else running the offense so James can be free to create and roam. He's got Wade, Bosh and Allen. I think the Spurs could do just fine with those guys. It's about the leadership in Miami, and the fact that they have a culture NOW of superstar leadership that questions coaching and management decisions instead of following a game plan. I don't know if Spo ever made a game plan tbh.

We agree on some stuff. If LeBron were to leave the quality of head coach gn owner ship should 've first priority. He can get a #2 to follow Him ... I thought even Cavs would ring with James eventually. If he stays East he doesn't need much more help than he already has. And as amazing as Spurs were this year I don't think we see a repeat 3 straight Finals is tough to do

djohn2oo8
06-22-2014, 03:08 AM
Gotta love Killa. Complains that Howard and Harden aren't stars and the only true superstars are Durant and LeBron, yet LeBron can't make it work next to them :lol. You still didn't explain how Houston is a shitty fit, tbh.

Double-Up
06-22-2014, 08:56 AM

And you still haven't paid that ticket yet...:lol

Thread
06-22-2014, 08:57 AM
And you still haven't paid that ticket yet...:lol

0-2 and ready to show the world. LMFAO!!!

DMC
06-22-2014, 10:41 AM
We agree on some stuff. If LeBron were to leave the quality of head coach gn owner ship should 've first priority. He can get a #2 to follow Him ... I thought even Cavs would ring with James eventually. If he stays East he doesn't need much more help than he already has. And as amazing as Spurs were this year I don't think we see a repeat 3 straight Finals is tough to do

I'm sure it's tough to do, but the way it stands right now, I don't see any reason the Spurs can't be in the Finals again next year. That will likely change in a few months when news comes regarding trades and injuries.

DMC
06-22-2014, 10:44 AM
Gotta love Killa. Complains that Howard and Harden aren't stars and the only true superstars are Durant and LeBron, yet LeBron can't make it work next to them :lol. You still didn't explain how Houston is a shitty fit, tbh.

I think James and Harden would play well together. Howard needs the ball to be effective, and is disinterested if he doesn't get it. Lebron isn't a greedy player, but you want the ball in his hands as well. I think they'd be good together, but Howard is too fickle to build a lasting relationship with that team and it would be a short experiment that, if it didn't pay off right away, would be disassembled. Lebron needs stability on a team that cares about winning. I think that's Miami, and the problem there is Wade's legacy and his ability/willingness to take one for the team.

Thread
06-22-2014, 01:46 PM
If it keeps the bag close to the Alamo I'm all for it.

Me, dj, and 2A 3 across in the same bed is something I'd not be opposed to.

Killakobe81
06-22-2014, 04:02 PM

Never said he could not, and shitty was probably overstating it. I should have said not ideal or best fit. Selfishness has nothing to do with why I dont see it as a good fit. CP3 is very unselfish as well and I dont think that is a great fit either. I prefer Harden to Dwight but think that Dwight/Lebron are a better fit despite Howard clogging the lane. LEbron could make any team successful ... I just dont see a championship with that pairing because of the ball handling and lane congestion as I already stated. I said last year that the Rox had ZERO chance at a title as constructed not even a WCF run but you DPG and others scoffed, saying I was blinded by hate ... but who is laughing now? I also said that the we would have a repeat Finals but was wrong about the Champion as many of us were. Not saying I know more than EVERYONE but so many here are no better than the rubes in the eSPN boards excited by star power. Team chemistry and fit are ALMOST as important as talent. I never said that ROx should NOT get Lebron, but if they want to ring they should get pieces that fit better. I would get Lebron at any cost cost but would hold on to dwight and Lebron because that DEFENSe with Pat Beverly could be filthy I would trade Harden/Parsons for a pure shooter and one more wing defender and then you have a title contender. if Jones keeps improving with that cast you would not need much to ring. THAT is what I mean by fit.

The Shaqobe Lakers pre-Phil was actually more talented than the teams that 3 peated. For example the the team that the Jazz swept in 1999 had: Nick Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Horry, Elden Campbell Rick Fox Derek Fisher and Shaqobe were all on the same squad but got swept by the Utah Jazz in the 2nd round. the 2000 squad traded away Jones for a past his prime Glen Rice (better spacing) which also freed up Kobe as a starter and Nick Van Exel an all star was replaced by a past his prime ron Harper who knew the triangle and was a better defender. THAt is the kind of moves teh rockets need to make and not just advance saber metric inspired moves that look better on paper. I agree Morey has been smart to acquire talent but now he has two high level all-stars. No I dont think they are superstars but definitely a good #2 and #3 I think prime Dirk, Durant for example would be great fits for Rox MAYBE even Melo ...Even though James is the better player he is not the ideal fit. But If I had a chance to get James Harden would be on the first thing smoking for a more compatible #3.

Oh and if Morey had a brain McHale would be replaced. Kevin makes Spo look like the lovechild of Pop/Riles and Phil

coachmac87
06-22-2014, 04:05 PM
I think the Sterling/Ownership situation could be a huge red flag on LeBron going to the Clippers.

3 teams

Miami-most $, best ownership, beautiful place
Cleveland- best young roster, bad ownership/home
Chicago-less $, instant success, Jordan shadow

djohn2oo8
06-22-2014, 04:27 PM
Never said he could not, and shitty was probably overstating it. I should have said not ideal or best fit. Selfishness has nothing to do with why I dont see it as a good fit. CP3 is very unselfish as well and I dont think that is a great fit either. I prefer Harden to Dwight but think that Dwight/Lebron are a better fit despite Howard clogging the lane. LEbron could make any team successful ... I just dont see a championship with that pairing because of the ball handling and lane congestion as I already stated. I said last year that the Rox had ZERO chance at a title as constructed not even a WCF run but you DPG and others scoffed, saying I was blinded by hate ... but who is laughing now? I also said that the we would have a repeat Finals but was wrong about the Champion as many of us were. Not saying I know more than EVERYONE but so many here are no better than the rubes in the eSPN boards excited by star power. Team chemistry and fit are ALMOST as important as talent. I never said that ROx should NOT get Lebron, but if they want to ring they should get pieces that fit better. I would get Lebron at any cost cost but would hold on to dwight and Lebron because that DEFENSe with Pat Beverly could be filthy I would trade Harden/Parsons for a pure shooter and one more wing defender and then you have a title contender. if Jones keeps improving with that cast you would not need much to ring. THAT is what I mean by fit.

The Shaqobe Lakers pre-Phil was actually more talented than the teams that 3 peated. For example the the team that the Jazz swept in 1999 had: Nick Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Horry, Elden Campbell Rick Fox Derek Fisher and Shaqobe were all on the same squad but got swept by the Utah Jazz in the 2nd round. the 2000 squad traded away Jones for a past his prime Glen Rice (better spacing) which also freed up Kobe as a starter and Nick Van Exel an all star was replaced by a past his prime ron Harper who knew the triangle and was a better defender. THAt is the kind of moves teh rockets need to make and not just advance saber metric inspired moves that look better on paper. I agree Morey has been smart to acquire talent but now he has two high level all-stars. No I dont think they are superstars but definitely a good #2 and #3 I think prime Dirk, Durant for example would be great fits for Rox MAYBE even Melo ...Even though James is the better player he is not the ideal fit. But If I had a chance to get James Harden would be on the first thing smoking for a more compatible #3.

Oh and if Morey had a brain McHale would be replaced. Kevin makes Spo look like the lovechild of Pop/Riles and Phil

Fair enough. And for some reason, McHale is well liked by alot of players around the NBA which is why he is still there, to recruit. If they were sold on him long term, they wouldn't be talking to Hollins on the side, which they are. I wanted him gone already, but if you can get Hollins and have him already on staff to take over, that would be nice.

Killakobe81
06-22-2014, 04:32 PM
And of course Rox should GET James and figure the rest out later. IF I am wrong and that trio does work Houston is golden. I would sign James and then figure the shit out afterwards. My instincts tell me other moves would need to be made first for it to work at a optimum level.

djohn2oo8
06-22-2014, 04:36 PM
Shit just feels weird to be in the conversation for LeBron just 2 years removed from a starting lineup of a projected lineup of Lin, Martin, Parsons, Jones, Asik. It's highly likely he won't leave Miami. Still, they have no reason to be such cheapasses when it comes to the tax.

djohn2oo8
06-22-2014, 04:38 PM
If they miss on LeBron and Melo, they should go after Lowry and Millsap.

Malik Hairston
06-22-2014, 04:50 PM
Houston isn't going anywhere with their current situation, tbh..Harden's style of play + McHale's style of coaching = a bad idea to add another ball-dominant player, and will lead to discontent from Howard..

RsxPiimp
06-22-2014, 05:54 PM
Houston isn't going anywhere with their current situation, tbh..Harden's style of play + McHale's style of coaching = a bad idea to add another ball-dominant player, and will lead to discontent from Howard..

pretty much. thats why i don't understand why houston fans are begging for melo's services:lol

djohn2oo8
06-22-2014, 05:57 PM
pretty much. thats why i don't understand why houston fans are begging for melo's services:lol
He would fit better than Love.

RsxPiimp
06-22-2014, 06:04 PM
He would fit better than Love.

i dont disagree, but if dwight thought playing with kobe was a nightmare, imagine playing with 2 ball dominant scorers.

whats the plan with asik and lin btw?

djohn2oo8
06-22-2014, 06:06 PM
i dont disagree, but if dwight thought playing with kobe was a nightmare, imagine playing with 2 ball dominant scorers.

whats the plan with asik and lin btw?

If they get a verbal from LeBron or Melo, they'll be traded right after. If not, then they'll try for Love, or trade them and try to go for Millsap, Lowry, or Rondo.

RsxPiimp
06-22-2014, 06:10 PM
cool. would love to see the rockets do well tbh. sick and tired of the spurs.

Thread
06-22-2014, 08:54 PM
If they get a verbal from LeBron or Melo, they'll be traded right after. If not, then they'll try for Love, or trade them and try to go for Millsap, Lowry, or Rondo.

You'd be the lesser of two evils. Just don't start off 0-2 again.

Ditty
06-23-2014, 01:02 AM
Take it for what's worth: My sister's friend's cousin is "best friends" with Lebron James. He said that he has seen the text messages that Lebron will be enrolling his kids into a Cleveland private school this fall.

StrengthAndHonor
06-23-2014, 04:07 AM
Take it for what's worth: My sister's friend's cousin is "best friends" with Lebron James. He said that he has seen the text messages that Lebron will be enrolling his kids into a Cleveland private school this fall.
That report has surfaced and was confirmed weeks ago, from my understanding.

Clipper Nation
06-23-2014, 06:03 AM
He's a ClipperPERIOD :downspin: