PDA

View Full Version : If Manu doesn't get injured in FIBA...

100%duncan
06-21-2014, 09:40 AM
he has lots of time to rest before the season starts and with our depth I doubt we'll need Manu to play above 25 mins in the RS.

Simply put, relax the quest for repeating is going to be fine. Let's not get carried away by The Betrayal first :wakeup

Mel_13
06-21-2014, 09:42 AM
Let's not get carried away

This is SpursTalk. It's what we do.

vagabundios
06-21-2014, 09:42 AM
"Let's not get carried away by trolls, just ignore them."

Emperor
06-21-2014, 09:49 AM
I'm rooting for Argentina to get eliminated as quickly as possible.

100%duncan
06-21-2014, 10:11 AM
I'm rooting for Argentina to get eliminated as quickly as possible.

They are not. They have a weak ass group.

littlecoyotecoin
06-21-2014, 10:18 AM
he has lots of time to rest before the season starts and with our depth I doubt we'll need Manu to play above 25 mins in the RS.

Simply put, relax the quest for repeating is going to be fine. Let's not get carried away by The Betrayal first :wakeup

We should start a thread to discuss this.

kobyz
06-21-2014, 10:26 AM
Still we will not get the competitive Manu, we will get "I wanna play with my friends" Manu, like we see in his last comment he becoming 2012/2013 soft Manu again, seems he is satisfy in his mindset...

100%duncan
06-21-2014, 10:30 AM
Still we will not get the competitive Manu, we will get "I wanna play with my friends" Manu, like we see in his last comment he becoming 2012/2013 soft Manu again, seems he is satisfy in his mindset...

Can you predict how many kids I'll have?

littlecoyotecoin
06-21-2014, 10:41 AM
They are not. They have a weak ass group.

http://www.fiba.com/basketballworldcup/2014/groups
http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/even/rank/p/openNodeIDs/943/selNodeID/943/rankMen.html

There is a precipitous drop after rank #2, so all of the groups are weak ass groups because the top four teams are all in their own groups, and all of the other teams suck, based upon September 2013 rankings. How much have those rankings changed, I don't know, but I would guess not dramatically.

But, we can still root for an upset, right?

dbreiden83080
06-21-2014, 10:45 AM
Manu will show up for training camp Pop will tell him to get in a few shots and then go take a nap..

littlecoyotecoin
06-21-2014, 10:48 AM
Manu will show up for training camp Pop will tell him to get in a few shots and then go take a nap..

I don't know. Pop is pretty cautious. I'll bet he tells him to take a nap, then get in a few shots.

Two10Whitey
06-21-2014, 10:49 AM
And if he DOES get an injury?

littlecoyotecoin
06-21-2014, 10:53 AM
And if he DOES get an injury?

We all get to go back to our lives?

Two10Whitey
06-21-2014, 10:56 AM
We all get to go back to our lives?

:lmao
"Get to go back to our lives?"
Welcome to ST aka Meltdown Central. If Manu gets an injury, he's going to be public enemy #1.

BackHome
06-21-2014, 11:04 AM
Geez we just won the NBA championship and peeps are already bitching........WOW....

spurs10
06-21-2014, 11:13 AM
Geez we just won the NBA championship and peeps are already bitching........WOW.... Wow is right! They haven't even swept the confetti off the streets yet and the inappreciative underachievers are weighing in.....

littlecoyotecoin
06-21-2014, 11:23 AM
"Get to go back to our lives?"
Welcome to ST aka Meltdown Central. If Manu gets an injury, he's going to be public enemy #1.

I was being snarky, but welcome to ST? I assumed and dismissed the meltdown. You didn't? Is that what you were wondering about?

There is already a meltdown thread with 20 pages, and he hasn't even started playing in FIBA, yet.

ST really isn't much different than any other unregulated corner of the internet. I might be able to dig out 5 1/4 disks with flame wars stored on them from 300 baud bulletin boards from the 1980's. They would be corrupt, but I might be able to find them.

I enjoyed your Mormon cartoon, a while back, by the way. You might also like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Power_of_Myth

Welcome to the internet.

:toast

cd98
06-21-2014, 12:47 PM
With their competiveness, it's probably hard to stop playing after the final game. You win the fourth game and you have the championship, but they are still looking for the next game. Maybe that's why Manu decided to play.

Blue-Lightning
06-21-2014, 12:57 PM
Manu needs rest... therefore, I'm all for a phantom injury the first month of the NBA season ;)

littlecoyotecoin
06-21-2014, 01:16 PM
Manu needs rest... therefore, I'm all for a phantom injury the first month of the NBA season ;)

I repeat myself, but: He is El Contusion. There will be no need to list a FAKE injury.

Two10Whitey
06-21-2014, 01:48 PM
I might be able to dig out 5 1/4 disks with flame wars stored on them from 300 baud bulletin boards from the 1980's. They would be corrupt, but I might be able to find them.

phxspurfan
06-21-2014, 02:06 PM
I find it interesting how little the culture of Spurstalk reflects the actual fanbase of the Spurs. I.e. no one out there hates on Parker, or calls Manu playing for his country a betrayal, or says Fire Pop after after every loss, etc. I'd bet that there are tons of boards out there where the threads more accurately reflect what most fans think about their team.

DesignatedT
06-21-2014, 02:31 PM
It's not as big a deal as it once was. Pop will find time to rest him.

benstanfield
06-21-2014, 02:37 PM
I find it interesting how little the culture of Spurstalk reflects the actual fanbase of the Spurs. I.e. no one out there hates on Parker, or calls Manu playing for his country a betrayal, or says Fire Pop after after every loss, etc. I'd bet that there are tons of boards out there where the threads more accurately reflect what most fans think about their team.

Most of them also had no idea who RC Buford was at the Riverwalk. His float went by like the ones filled with nobodies. If you want an accurate reflection of the actual fanbase, sleep through the regular season and show up to a mexican bar & grill during playoffs.

TampaDude
06-21-2014, 03:05 PM

Spurstalk caters more to the hardcore fan than the casual fan.

jag
06-21-2014, 04:07 PM
The Betrayal

phxspurfan
06-21-2014, 06:05 PM
Most of them also had no idea who RC Buford was at the Riverwalk. His float went by like the ones filled with nobodies. If you want an accurate reflection of the actual fanbase, sleep through the regular season and show up to a mexican bar & grill during playoffs.

That sounds about right. RC Buford didn't win the championship. And IIRC the Spurs FO got voted best FO, so they already got their props. This was about the players beating the best player in the world and his hangers-on as a team. RC Buford did nothing to clinch the championship, besides show up in a suit to sit and watch in $2k seats for free.

I find it stupid when they give props to the office people on sports teams in general. They're fucking office people, who cares. They're like you and I, regular random people. They don't work out 3 times a day nor have they practiced their craft since they were 4 years old. They don't deserve applause for dragging their ass to the copier and water cooler.

spot2180
06-21-2014, 07:32 PM
I won't begrudge Manu playing for his national team. Besides, I have a feeling this has been discussed with Pop and the Spurs front office. You will see reduced minutes for probably half the season and quite a few games off. In his second year, Bellinili will improve just like Boris did. I don't think it will be that big a deal.

Vito Corleone
06-21-2014, 08:17 PM
I've thought a lot about this and as long as he doesn't get a season ending injury I think he is fine playing. We don't need him in the regular season until around February. Let him rest and get his legs under him for the final stretch run and the playoffs. We just need to stay deep and healthy and use our bench to win games. I'm actually hoping Tim Tony and Manu only play in about 50 games this coming year with none averaging more that 30 minutes. Let Diaw, Green, Leonard Splitter and the rest of the team do all the heavy lifting.

DMC
06-21-2014, 08:47 PM
Can you predict how many kids I'll have?
Yes, but don't get DNA tests.

100%duncan
06-21-2014, 09:20 PM
It's not as big a deal as it once was. Pop will find time to rest him.

I beg to disagree imo it's bigger deal now because they are chasing for a repeat and manu is older but like I said with the depth that we have I think it's going to be handled just fine.

Uriel
06-21-2014, 09:42 PM
That sounds about right. RC Buford didn't win the championship. And IIRC the Spurs FO got voted best FO, so they already got their props. This was about the players beating the best player in the world and his hangers-on as a team. RC Buford did nothing to clinch the championship, besides show up in a suit to sit and watch in $2k seats for free.

I find it stupid when they give props to the office people on sports teams in general. They're fucking office people, who cares. They're like you and I, regular random people. They don't work out 3 times a day nor have they practiced their craft since they were 4 years old. They don't deserve applause for dragging their ass to the copier and water cooler.
:lol

DesignatedT
06-21-2014, 10:17 PM
I beg to disagree imo it's bigger deal now because they are chasing for a repeat and manu is older but like I said with the depth that we have I think it's going to be handled just fine.

It's not as big of a deal because what you just mentioned. Spurs can win without him and sit him for long stretches in order to get him rest. 5-10 years ago he was relied upon to play 30+ minutes a game while being a primary scorer in order for the spurs to compete. Today, if he sits during the regular season the Spurs don't miss a beat.

100%duncan
06-21-2014, 10:20 PM
It's not as big of a deal because what you just mentioned. Spurs can win without him and sit him for long stretches in order to get him rest. 5-10 years ago he was relied upon to play 30+ minutes a game while being a primary scorer in order for the spurs to compete. Today, if he sits during the regular season the Spurs don't miss a beat.

If you think of it that way, yes I agree.