PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love intersted in playing for the Spurs

Ditty
06-21-2014, 11:38 AM
If he doesn't get traded and his contract expires next season per ESPN Brian Windhorst

ducks
06-21-2014, 11:39 AM
every one uses spurs as leverage

DesignatedT
06-21-2014, 11:44 AM
He's getting traded so..

Bill_Brasky
06-21-2014, 11:46 AM
Unless it's inside info regarding the location and status of Lebrons nutsack, that faggot Brian Windhorst doesn't know shit.

Ditty
06-21-2014, 11:49 AM
He said that Kevin Love said that in a interview recently in the Philippines that he would love to play for the Spurs.

Vic Petro
06-21-2014, 11:52 AM
“I’ve got to crack the playoffs and continue to get better individually. I’ve been coached by some great coaches and I’ve been on some young teams, so…. I think if there’s a way I can jump on that Spurs roster, maybe I’ll get expedited on the road to the NBA championship. But hopefully soon, I’m 25 now, maybe when I’m 26,” Love said.

While the Spurs reference was meant in jest, his comments seem to suggest that Love is seeking greener pastures as reports of him being traded are spreading like wildfire.

http://www.mb.com.ph/love-hints-on-joining-spurs/

TheGreatYacht
06-21-2014, 12:00 PM
Everybody wants to "play" for the Spurs...

And then they sign to Charlotte, Milwaukee, Brooklyn, LA, NY, Golden State, Miami, Orlando, Dallas, Chicago, Houston, Utah, Atlanta, Minnesota, Portland, Phoenix, Denver, New Orleans, Memphis, OKC, Toronto, Indiana, Philadelphia, Boston

jARS mEsH sEt
06-21-2014, 12:03 PM
No one wants to live in San Antonio :lmao

Vic Petro
06-21-2014, 12:07 PM

And then they sign to Charlotte, Milwaukee, Brooklyn, LA, NY, Golden State, Miami, Orlando, Dallas, Chicago, Houston, Utah, Atlanta, Minnesota, Portland, Phoenix, Denver, New Orleans, Memphis, OKC, Toronto, Indiana, Philadelphia, Boston

It seems to me that the Spurs are always leaked by agents for leverage. Rarely do we hear it from a players mouth.

San Antonio is a brutal place to try and attract free agents to, but if the Spurs have a max contract to offer, solid role players ready to re-sign, and Pop, a superstar will take their money next year .

weeks
06-21-2014, 12:15 PM
they always say that, but never come.

this year we do have a little bit more swag though. beating OKC and absolutely crushing Miami should raise our stature slightly.
still doubt we get any meaningful FAs

dg7md
06-21-2014, 12:16 PM

Sad but true. :lol

We'll only attract top names if we repeat... then everyone will want a ring and will join up.

Prime Time
06-21-2014, 12:16 PM

I agree. I'm not sure if it's San Antonio being a shitty market, or if it's players being too chicken shit to play for Pop.

I actually feel it's the latter. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Spurs had no issues signing Free-Agents before. Sure they were never big-names, but they attracted more than Jeff Ayres and TJ Ford.

Ditty
06-21-2014, 12:18 PM
It seems to me that the Spurs are always leaked by agents for leverage. Rarely do we hear it from a players mouth.

San Antonio is a brutal place to try and attract free agents to, but if the Spurs have a max contract to offer, solid role players ready to re-sign, and Pop, a superstar will take their money next year .

Agree that's what has me a little excited about this especially if he becomes a free agent somehow next year and Spurs will have a shitload of money. He will probably be traded, but it's awesome how much attention the Spurs are getting from other players around the league, especially next season if we repeat.

tmtcsc
06-21-2014, 12:20 PM
He said that Kevin Love said that in a interview recently in the Philippines that he would love to play for the Spurs.

Kevin love would love to play for the NBA Champions. Who wouldn't? Besides Mr. MVP himself? Lol @ Kevin Durant's bitter self.

vander
06-21-2014, 12:36 PM

/thread

Sigz
06-21-2014, 12:38 PM
Don't want.

spursparker9
06-21-2014, 12:39 PM

Although I hate to say so but the truth !

Beaverfuzz
06-21-2014, 12:47 PM
No thank you to Kevin, unless he's taking Duncan's spot...as in Duncan retires.

Chinook
06-21-2014, 01:00 PM
A hidden benefit of signing Love would be that he has a smaller max than most other potential free agents. I'm interested to see how this plays out. He may try to go to a big market, but if Melo teams up with Lebron or goes to Houston/Chicago, Kevin may rightfully feel he needs to latch onto a contender rather than hoping a rich team can build one on the fly.

spursparker9
06-21-2014, 01:02 PM
lol nba players always tweet "Great passing team" , "selfless players on the spurs", "that's how basketball should be played", "world class organisation".

But no one really come :lol

ChumpDumper
06-21-2014, 01:04 PM
It was a joke.

Pako
06-21-2014, 01:36 PM
I think most free agents did not consider spurs before coz they thought we are done as what most media likes to advertise. However, this time is different coz of championship and the new blossoming core (kawhi, green)we have. Most of them now believe in spurs to contend longer... It will be great if he signs with us...

Emperor
06-21-2014, 01:39 PM
I remember the excitement of landing Finley when he actually chose us over other teams. And he was just past his prime. If Kevin Love really wants to be a Spur then it's this summer or never.

spursparker9
06-21-2014, 01:43 PM
I remember the excitement of landing Finley when he actually chose us over other teams. And he was just past his prime. If Kevin Love really wants to be a Spur then it's this summer or never.

Yeah that 2005 off-season after winning the championship was great.

Managed to get Fin-dog and Nick Van Exel although Van Exel really sucked throughout the season and playoff.

Mel_13
06-21-2014, 01:46 PM
I think most free agents did not consider spurs before coz they thought we are done as what most media likes to advertise. However, this time is different coz of championship and the new blossoming core (kawhi, green)we have. Most of them now believe in spurs to contend longer... It will be great if he signs with us...

Most free agents haven't considered the Spurs because they haven't had more than the MLE to offer since 2003. Now that was an organization decision to not create cap space, but it's not like players are turning down max money from the Spurs.

Vic Petro
06-21-2014, 02:01 PM
Most free agents haven't considered the Spurs because they haven't had more than the MLE to offer since 2003. Now that was an organization decision to not create cap space, but it's not like players are turning down max money from the Spurs.

Precisely :toast

Emperor
06-21-2014, 02:03 PM
Guess he may have to wait longer to be a Spur if this deal happens.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/21/report-lakers-in-talks-to-trade-no-7-pick-for-klay-thompson-as-part-of-deal-that-would-send-kevin-love-to-warriors/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

phxspurfan
06-21-2014, 02:03 PM
7 page thread in 3...2...

ironman2886
06-21-2014, 02:06 PM
Some of these spurs fans think free agents don't come here because of the city? When have the Spurs ever had the cap space to land big free agents? When have the Spurs had the pieces to make a trade to another team without giving up one of the Big 3? Most of the elite players have to big an ego to play under Pop's system. They'd have to give up playing time, along with shot attempts.

Dizzle
06-21-2014, 03:01 PM
kevin love + kawhi + roleplayers is a bright future for the post-duncan era

jag
06-21-2014, 03:07 PM
Sad but true. :lol

We'll only attract top names if we repeat... then everyone will want a ring and will join up.

If by "everyone" you mean washed up vets like Paul Pierce, Birdman, Delonte West and Beno Udrih... Then yeah, everyone would flood to SA for a shot at a ring.

Spur|n|Austin
06-21-2014, 03:14 PM

George Strait and others say hi faggot.

jARS mEsH sEt
06-21-2014, 03:16 PM
George Strait and others say hi faggot.

I'm surprised you haven't killed yourself yet after I shit all over you a couple of weeks ago :lmao

Spur|n|Austin
06-21-2014, 03:18 PM
I'm surprised you haven't killed yourself yet after I shit all over you a couple of weeks ago :lmao

:lol the only thing with shit on it was my dick after I pulled it out of your moms asshole.

ViceCity84
06-21-2014, 03:20 PM
Wait and Hope for Anthony Davis.

PingPong
06-21-2014, 03:59 PM
What's the question the interviewer asked to him? If somebody asks a player what he thinks about playing for the currently Champion, surely the answer will not be 'No, I will never play for that team because they idolize Tim Duncan and everyone else are seen like role players. And I hate that place, that despotic coach"...

When you answer some random questions for some dumb repórter, you will try to be diplomatic.... that's it. The Spurs fans take it all too much serious. This is just some random answer he did. If he meant it is another thing.

look_at_g_shred
06-21-2014, 04:15 PM
Gimmie Aminu, re-sign Boris and patty. Call it a summer.

therealtruth
06-21-2014, 06:08 PM
We need a TD successor. Either in the draft or free agency.

Vic Petro
06-21-2014, 06:25 PM

This would be the dream option imo

davidbowie
06-21-2014, 06:58 PM
we good

davidbowie
06-21-2014, 07:00 PM
:lol the only thing with shit on it was my dick after I pulled it out of your moms asshole.

http://i.imgur.com/fjwsReA.png

spot2180
06-21-2014, 07:13 PM
Kevin Love plays horrible defense.

jon123spurs
06-21-2014, 07:18 PM
Me personally would take LMA over Love next season. Better all around player. Would be a ideal replacement for TD when he retires.

Mal
06-21-2014, 07:53 PM
Gimmie Aminu, re-sign Boris and patty. Call it a summer.

Did Aminu learn how to shoot ?

tholdren
06-21-2014, 08:38 PM
I agree. I'm not sure if it's San Antonio being a shitty market, or if it's players being too chicken shit to play for Pop.

I actually feel it's the latter. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Spurs had no issues signing Free-Agents before. Sure they were never big-names, but they attracted more than Jeff Ayres and TJ Ford.

1. The nba isn't about basketball. ITs about bee-bopping and acting like a gangster.
2. The players dont want to be coached; they think they know it all, dont understand that they are being used to sell things and getting ripped off.
3. The players dont play both ends of the court, and do not want to be exposed for a one-dimensional player, which 90% of them are.

The truth is the nba is a sell job. Fans are blinded, players are blinded, coaches are blinded to think they are better than what they are in order to sell, just like any other money making company.

So yes, the players are "too chicken shit" to play for pop, but they also dont want to play for pop.

Uriel
06-21-2014, 09:08 PM
MANILA, Philippines – Is Kevin Love aspiring to be a San Antonio Spur someday?

With a FIBA World championship and Olympic title tucked under his belt, the 25-year-old Minnestota Timberwolves star, who is in Manila as a special guest of the Master Game Face All-Star Basketball Challenge, was asked when he expects to add an NBA crown during a press briefing on Friday night, June 20.

Love, who could opt out of his contract with Minnesota next season but declined to entertain questions about trade talks, however, replied: “Ooh, that’s tough to say. (First) I would have to crack the playoffs. I’ve been coached by some great coaches and been with young teams.

“If there’s a way I can jump on that Spurs roster then I can get on that road to the NBA championship. Hopefully it becomes soon, I’m 25 now, maybe when I’m 26.”
http://www.rappler.com/sports/by-sport/basketball/61209-kevin-love-aspiring-san-antonio-spur

Emperor
06-21-2014, 09:13 PM
Did Aminu learn how to shoot ?

He will when he gets here.

100%duncan
06-21-2014, 09:26 PM
Meh

99 Problems
06-21-2014, 09:41 PM
The league is littered with guys who could have rings if they really wanted to win.

Ice009
06-21-2014, 09:45 PM

I actually have thought about that, and I think the pressure of playing for the Spurs does put a lot of players off as a lot of them are straight pussies and are not willing to go all out and put it all on the line. A lot of them don't want their games to be criticized either, and Pop will do that if they are performing poorly or need to work on certain areas of their games.

Ice009
06-21-2014, 09:49 PM

I see what you're saying and I agree to a certain extent. Sure, we haven't have max money to use since probably 2003, but other teams like Miami, LA, Boston and most recently the Clippers have been able to get players to take pay cuts to sign with them. They're the kind of free agent signings that I'm mainly thinking about. The Spurs have only been able to do that once in 2006, apart from then, most have turned us down from those Championship discounts other teams seem to get.

Mel_13
06-21-2014, 09:51 PM
I disagree, sure we haven't have max money, but other teams like Miami, LA and Boston have been able to get players to take pay cuts to sign with them. The Spurs have only been able to do that once in 2006, apart from then, most have turned us down from those Championship discounts other teams seem to get.

We do disagree.

xellos88330
06-21-2014, 09:56 PM

I wouldn't mind this one little bit. He could be our Serge Ibaka with handles.

Ice009
06-21-2014, 09:57 PM
We do disagree.

I edited my post. So who have the Spurs gotten to take a Championship level team type discount apart from Finley and Van Exel?

Those other teams I've mentioned have been able to attract a lot more of those types of players than the Spurs for cheaper salaries than they could have gotten on a lower level team.

Mel_13
06-21-2014, 10:06 PM
I edited my post. So who have the Spurs gotten to take a Championship level team type discount apart from Finley and Van Exel?

Those other teams I've mentioned have been able to attract a lot more of those types of players than the Spurs for cheaper salaries than they could have gotten on a lower level team.

First off, I was referring to big money free agents and why they haven't signed with the Spurs, not the discounted, below MLE vets that you cite.

Second, those sort of players (Allen, Battier, Granger, Butler, etc) went elsewhere because they believed that those teams gave them a better chance at a ring than the Spurs, not because they didn't like San Antonio.

Third, I'll take the FAs that the Spurs have signed since 2011 (Green, Diaw, and Mills) over that bunch anyway.

dg7md
06-21-2014, 11:05 PM
If by "everyone" you mean washed up vets like Paul Pierce, Birdman, Delonte West and Beno Udrih... Then yeah, everyone would flood to SA for a shot at a ring.

:lol Yeah, but I think those washed up guys could do a lot of damage under our system with limited minutes.

DJB
06-22-2014, 12:48 AM

james evans
06-22-2014, 12:58 AM
i don't think any spurs fan wants that no defense playing bitch

phxspurfan
06-22-2014, 01:20 AM
I'm watching ESPN now and they're saying Love and Kevin Martin to the Warriors for Klay Thompson and David Lee. Sounds like a great deal for the Warriors.

Emperor
06-22-2014, 01:41 AM
I'm watching ESPN now and they're saying Love and Kevin Martin to the Warriors for Klay Thompson and David Lee. Sounds like a great deal for the Warriors.

Not really gonna solve their defensive issues. Love seems to be just a better version of David Lee and there's still no gaurantee the Bogut will remain healthy.

Emperor
06-22-2014, 01:42 AM

Not really gonna solve their defensive issues. Love seems to be just a better version of David Lee and there's still no gaurantee the Bogut will remain healthy.

TheCerebral1
06-22-2014, 10:02 AM
Pipe dream. /Thread.

mudyez
06-22-2014, 11:16 AM
Matt Bonner 2.0

DMX7
06-22-2014, 11:22 AM
No thank you to Kevin, unless he's taking Duncan's spot...as in Duncan retires.

That could be the case obviously. Duncan could be playing his last season next year.

Harry Callahan
06-22-2014, 12:34 PM
Love seems to have a little too much of a sense of entitlement to me.

I have a lot of friends in Minnesota through work and they deserve better than what they have had to put up with. Love and Garnett seem like jerks to me.....Me-centric type guys.

Darius McCrary
06-22-2014, 12:48 PM
Kevin Love fucking sucks screw him

exstatic
06-22-2014, 01:05 PM
Kevin Love is a one way player. His defense sucks ass and will be exploited in the playoffs.

xmas1997
06-22-2014, 04:28 PM
He will get traded first IMHO.
Minn. cannot afford to let him just walk away, they have to trade him and something valuable in return.
The Spurs won't break up this team for Love IMHO.
If by some miracle he doesn't get traded and comes here after next year in free agency, they cannot lose Tiago a defensive minded C. In fact they cannot lose Diaw, Leonard, Green, TP either, or their defense will struggle.
Defense wins championships.

DMC
06-22-2014, 06:15 PM
Just like Tim said he hates Lebron and Miami.

Kevin was saying he wants to win the ring, and jokingly said he could hop aboard the Spurs roster and be there in an instant. He doesn't want to play for the Spurs.

DMC
06-22-2014, 06:17 PM
He will get traded first IMHO.
Minn. cannot afford to let him just walk away, they have to trade him and something valuable in return.
The Spurs won't break up this team for Love IMHO.
If by some miracle he doesn't get traded and comes here after next year in free agency, they cannot lose Tiago a defensive minded C. In fact they cannot lose Diaw, Leonard, Green, TP either, or their defense will struggle.
Defense wins championships.

His salary is something in return. If he's getting paid what he's worth, why transfer that to some poser who's just a trade piece you have to pay for? I'd free up cap space and look for better options than just some other team's "you ain't gotta go home but you can't stay here" trash.

TheGreatYacht
06-22-2014, 09:00 PM
Pray Embiid falls to #30 is all we can do. Tbh

letmk
06-22-2014, 09:11 PM
Love seems to have a little too much of a sense of entitlement to me.

I have a lot of friends in Minnesota through work and they deserve better than what they have had to put up with. Love and Garnett seem like jerks to me.....Me-centric type guys.

I'm not a KG fan at all, especially considering I'm a Spurs/Timmy fan. But KG played 12 years for the Wolves and his desire of leaving was only showed in his last couple years in Minnesota. Love only played 6 years there, with the first two year coming as a reserve -- hence in no place to complain -- and almost another full season of not playing. IIRC, he started complaining after his first 20/10 season.

Plus, KG just could not bring the Wolves to the elite level like the Spurs and Lakers, while Love has never been to playoffs. What has he done for the team other than putting up fancy numbers?