PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Sick and tired of hearing Black analyst overrate Doc Rivers like crazy...

apalisoc_9
06-22-2014, 12:05 AM
Seriously, not even a top 50 coach of all time...

My bro was watching Jalen and Jacoby and the faggot Jalen Rose put Doc rivers in the same sentence as POP...:bang

We already Black people are good at basketball...Jesus.

TDMVPDPOY
06-22-2014, 12:10 AM
why do you think the black players only want black coaches?..just trying to keep another brother employed, nothing to see here...

Thread
06-22-2014, 12:12 AM
_

DMC
06-22-2014, 12:16 AM
Doc at least has the balls to stand up to his players. Same with Lionel Hollins. I cannot see the team running Doc or Lionel. They don't have the resume's but they have the potential.

spurraider21
06-22-2014, 01:17 AM
OP, which posters' acceptance/attention are you shooting for with this thread?

ironman2886
06-22-2014, 01:29 AM
I don't care that he's black, but he is not in the same class as Pop.

Brunodf
06-22-2014, 01:35 AM
Still in the top 5 in todays NBA tbh

Franklin
06-22-2014, 03:43 AM
Bottom 50 coaches of all time maybe. Any coach would've led those 08' celtics to an NBA championship, with 3 HOF'ers in the last days of their primes who were fighting for life it seemed like.

JohnnyMax
06-22-2014, 05:26 AM
Doc helped Griffin and Jordan improve. He also got Chris Paul to dribble less and give the ball up to Griffin.

Thread
06-22-2014, 08:23 AM
I don't care that he's black, but he is not in the same class as Pop.

Though he never has given one away like Pop. Pop dishes it---let him take it.

Kidd K
06-22-2014, 08:31 AM
Hard to reply to this shit since it's steeped in racism, yet holds some truth to it.

Doc Rivers is absolutely overrated, and it's clearly because he's a black coach (the same way with all the Mark Jackson media handjobbing). But he is at least the best black coach. Definitely does not belong in the same sentence as Pop though. GTFO with that shit.

Doc is much closer to Spoelstra than Pop. Won a title, but out of the east with marginal competition until the Finals and with a superteam. His players make him more than he makes his players. Unlike say, Pop, or Carlisle.

Thread
06-22-2014, 08:56 AM
Hard to reply to this shit since it's steeped in racism, yet holds some truth to it.

Doc Rivers is absolutely overrated, and it's clearly because he's a black coach (the same way with all the Mark Jackson media handjobbing). But he is at least the best black coach. Definitely does not belong in the same sentence as Pop though. GTFO with that shit.

Doc is much closer to Spoelstra than Pop. Won a title, but out of the east with marginal competition until the Finals and with a superteam. His players make him more than he makes his players. Unlike say, Pop, or Carlisle.

But, lynching Sterling to cover up your shortcomings was the epitome of bad form. If he hadn't been alone and the line so fucking long I'd really have a case.

da_suns_fan
06-22-2014, 10:46 AM
1) I dont like coaches who talk shit. The Celitcs lost to 2010 Lakers and Doc runs his mouth the next season about how the Lakers "still havent beaten us at full strength" or some stupid shit like that.

2) If I didnt like him before, his childish MELTDOWN from that out-of-bounds call sealed the deal. Your team blew a 14 point lead in the final three minutes. One out-of-bounds call did NOT cost you the game. Your insistence on screaming "that was our damn ball...that was our damn ball" on the final two possessions might have.

Missed calls are part of the game. Its true for any sport.

Mori Chu
06-22-2014, 11:28 AM
Hey dsf, how come you aren't posting over at phx-suns.net? We need you over there, bud. :)

KobeOwnsDuncan
06-22-2014, 11:30 AM
Doc always has an excuse when they lose. "cry Oh our racist owner was a distraction even though I collected paychecks as a player and a coach from him :cry"

LkrFan
06-22-2014, 11:34 AM
Doc always has an excuse when they lose. "cry Oh our racist owner was a distraction even though I collected paychecks as a player and a coach from him :cry"

"My starting 5 never lost!" :cry
-- Glen Rivers, when fortified by Thibbs and flanked by Prime KG

da_suns_fan
06-22-2014, 12:00 PM
Hey dsf, how come you aren't posting over at phx-suns.net? We need you over there, bud. :)

I didnt know it was BACK!!!

mudyez
06-22-2014, 03:48 PM
If not for this one game against the Rockets, he might have taken Pop's job back in '98.

Kidd K
06-23-2014, 12:46 AM
But, lynching Sterling to cover up your shortcomings was the epitome of bad form. If he hadn't been alone and the line so fucking long I'd really have a case.

I didn't say anything about Sterling. It's like you're replying to someone else's post.

Thread
06-23-2014, 01:07 AM
I didn't say anything about Sterling. It's like you're replying to someone else's post.

I know, I did. If you think we're gonna forget about Sterling's lynching in Los Angeles you are out of your mind. He's still swinging there, that hemp rope cutting into his flesh. You should have Doc cut him down. Don't you know he's served Doc's purpose by now.

~O~
06-23-2014, 01:21 AM
Doc Rivers was never a great coach. I watched him coach the Magic. Doc Rivers only won championships because his players made up for is coaching. Gregg Pop..actions speak for themselves.

Floyd Pacquiao
06-23-2014, 01:24 AM
Yea its just some affirmative action/ white guilt bullshit. Coon rivers is merely an average coach that road tibs coattails to a ring in boston.

Jacob1983
06-23-2014, 02:32 AM
Pop has five rings and is 5-1 in the Finals. Doc has one ring because he was in the right place at the right time and is 1-1 in the Finals.

Kidd K
06-23-2014, 07:22 AM
I know, I did. If you think we're gonna forget about Sterling's lynching in Los Angeles you are out of your mind. He's still swinging there, that hemp rope cutting into his flesh. You should have Doc cut him down. Don't you know he's served Doc's purpose by now.

Oh I see what you're getting at now, you're saying Doc's a dbag for leaving him out to dry. Well, yeah Doc Rivers did use that situation to his advantage.

I don't know why you're telling me to tell Doc to cut him down though. I don't know the dude.

Malik Hairston
06-23-2014, 01:49 PM
Alvin Gentry > Tom Rivers, tbh..

Thread
06-23-2014, 01:52 PM
Oh I see what you're getting at now, you're saying Doc's a dbag for leaving him out to dry. Well, yeah Doc Rivers did use that situation to his advantage.

I don't know why you're telling me to tell Doc to cut him down though. I don't know the dude.

He dry gulched him then lynched him.

Red Hawk #21
06-24-2014, 12:07 AM
1) I dont like coaches who talk shit. The Celitcs lost to 2010 Lakers and Doc runs his mouth the next season about how the Lakers "still havent beaten us at full strength" or some stupid shit like that.

2) If I didnt like him before, his childish MELTDOWN from that out-of-bounds call sealed the deal. Your team blew a 14 point lead in the final three minutes. One out-of-bounds call did NOT cost you the game. Your insistence on screaming "that was our damn ball...that was our damn ball" on the final two possessions might have.

Missed calls are part of the game. Its true for any sport.

Great points. Game 5 should have been over when Paul hit the jumper putting the Clippers up 104-97 with 49.2 seconds left. Instead they blew that game in 6 like fashion. Something I've always found baffling about the Matt Barnes-Reggie Jackson play is that it seems that Tom Rivers and other Clipper fans seem to never acknowledge that Barnes clearly hacked Reggie Jackson on that play. It seems they would rather bitch and cry about it which actually shouldn't be a surprise considering this is a team led by Tom Rivers and CPFlop. :cry We were robbed! And it still hurts :cry Are these motherfuckers blind or mentally challenged?
DKa6ZC7c7Bk (1:57 Mark) View it for yourselves.