PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Source: Buss leaning towards Dunleavy, hopes to make a decision before the draft

RsxPiimp
06-22-2014, 07:41 AM
Rumor has it, Jim prefers Dunleavy who was also the late Dr. Buss choice in 2011

The Lakers are becoming the Clippers for real

I thought they're going to make a "splash", what the heck is this? smh.

The good: Dunleavy coached the Lakers following Pat Riley’s firing and led them to the 1991 NBA Finals before losing to the Chicago Bulls in five games. Dunleavy’s Portland teams appeared in two consecutive Western Conference Finals, including a seven-game series loss to the Lakers in 2000. Dunleavy also guided the Clippers to a playoff appearance in the 2005-06 campaign.

The bad: Dunleavy’s four-stint with the Bucks yielded no playoff appearances. Dunleavy resigned from the Clippers in 2010 after missing the playoffs for five seasons.

“I’ve been around the block. I’ve been very fortunate,” Dunleavy said. “I’ve coached some really good teams with good franchises and I coached some bad teams. I haven’t been afraid to try either. I felt like any place I’ve been when I’m gone out, they’ve been way better than when they started. The best thing I can say that as a coach, I’ve always won when I’m supposed to win. I’ve never lost a playoff series when I’ve been favored and I upset some pretty big names in the game

“The more you know about the game and smarter about the game, the more I fit in,” Dunleavy said. “You look at all the players I coached who were free agents, they get paid. All I care about is what the can do. They’re happy and get numbers and they help us with what we need to do.”

Twisted_Dawg
06-22-2014, 08:01 AM
Rumor has it, Jim prefers Dunleavy who was also the late Dr. Buss choice in 2011

“I’ve been around the block. I’ve been very fortunate,” Dunleavy said. “I’ve coached some really good teams with good franchises and I coached some bad teams. I haven’t been afraid to try either. I felt like any place I’ve been when I’m gone out, they’ve been way better than when they started. The best thing I can say that as a coach, I’ve always won when I’m supposed to win. I’ve never lost a playoff series when I’ve been favored and I upset some pretty big names in the game.”

Looks like he will get another chance with another bad team.

midnightpulp
06-22-2014, 08:04 AM
Might even be a worse choice than Byron Scott.

Clipper Nation
06-22-2014, 08:23 AM
:lmao

Franklin
06-22-2014, 08:44 AM
Dude is old and done imho, he has just as much left in his tank as the hair on his head.

LkrFan
06-22-2014, 08:50 AM
:lmao