PDA

View Full Version : If u were Patty mills what wud u do now??

jkid12456
06-22-2014, 08:54 PM
stay in s.a and another good chance of winning b2b, or taking a risk and money to go even further and be a star in a bigger market team, whilst mills stock is peak.

TheGreatYacht
06-22-2014, 08:55 PM
See overpaid players like Splitter, and tell the Spurs it's Max Contract or nothing :lol

jkid12456
06-22-2014, 08:56 PM
I Believe splitter blackmail peter holt..... tbh

letmk
06-22-2014, 08:57 PM
Wait and see what other teams can offer.

DesignatedT
06-22-2014, 09:01 PM
All depends on the situation he is being offered. It's not as simple as leave/stay. Depends on where, with who else, what coach/system. Money should be in the same ball park for all teams involved IMO.

TheGreatYacht
06-22-2014, 09:05 PM
You can't replace Mills with any cheap free agent or rookie... PATFO needs to match no matter what

HemisfairArena
06-22-2014, 09:08 PM
Take the money and run,,,,

Mikeanaro
06-22-2014, 09:20 PM
He wont find a better place to play in a solid system, and regarding money I think other teams will offer decent money to him but nothing OVER THE TOP, so with maybe a little negociation on both parts Patty will stay in SA.

Gametight
06-22-2014, 09:20 PM
I've heard before Patty is a pretty loyal guy and wasn't happy about getting traded from Portland. That was all forum talk but who knows if that's the case maybe he will stick around out of sheer loyalty. Either way he definitely deserves to get paid.

BackHome
06-22-2014, 09:26 PM
Patty and Borris are not the "ME" type of players they live their life to the beat of a different drum then most NBA players. So I am not concerned they will both sign they know they have it good in SA they are wanted they have a role and they know this organization it top class.

.G.
Let's see...been in the league for approx 6 years, played for a few teams in the league as well as in Australia and China, won an NBA title (almost two)......I'd probably want to get paid like a motherfucking bala....and hope to continue winning.

skyhook
He should stay for two more years.

LarryDavid
06-22-2014, 09:34 PM
I'd get that money

The Reckoning
06-22-2014, 09:36 PM
imo i think patty will stay. believe it or not texas has a lot of similarities with australia, so i think he feels right at home.

barbacoataco
06-22-2014, 09:36 PM
He'll have to see who will pay him big money to be a starting PG. His size is an issue and he isn 't a playmaker. Someone might want him as a 6 th man who can bring instant offense as a 4 or 5. I think he will stay in SA with a. 2 yr contract but not sure how much.

TheGreatYacht
06-22-2014, 09:46 PM
http://m.mysanantonio.com/default/article/Fans-want-Mills-to-stay-with-spurs-crowd-HEB-for-5569889.php

ironman2886
06-22-2014, 09:50 PM
If the money is a significant upgrade with a starting job, you have to leave. If it's just a small pay raise that evens out after state taxes and cost of living, you stay with Spurs.

vander
06-22-2014, 09:53 PM
tell the FO that if they don't trade Manu I'm out

TheGreatYacht
06-22-2014, 09:54 PM
tell the FO that if they don't trade Manu I'm out
+1

Hoover
06-22-2014, 10:05 PM
See overpaid players like Splitter, and tell the Spurs it's Max Contract or nothing :lol

Why the fuck are you here? You never contribute anything positive and you sure as hell aren't a Spurs fan with your crappy attitude.

Darkwaters
06-22-2014, 10:09 PM
Wud?

TheGreatYacht
06-22-2014, 10:09 PM
Why the fuck are you here? You never contribute anything positive and you sure as hell aren't a Spurs fan with your crappy attitude.
Stop man what did I do to you :( 22 posts? And you used one of them to come at me smh

Emperor
06-22-2014, 10:30 PM
Patty seems to really enjoy it here and is quite comfortable in the Spurs system. I hope he stays and goes for that second ring

Darkwaters
06-22-2014, 11:18 PM
Stop man what did I do to you :( 22 posts? And you used one of them to come at me smh

Moron... The guy has been a member of the forum since 2007. Hes a long-term lurker. That should stand as an indictment of how much of a disgrace you are - the guy comes out of hiding to comment on your demeanor. Nobody takes you seriously. You're like the forum's mentally handicapped mascot. So don't act like your post-count is some badge of merit, courage, or honor. You clearly haven't any of them.

TheGreatYacht
06-22-2014, 11:22 PM
Moron... The guy has been a member of the forum since 2007. Hes a long-term lurker. That should stand as an indictment of how much of a disgrace you are - the guy comes out of hiding to comment on your demeanor. Nobody takes you seriously. You're like the forum's mentally handicapped mascot. So don't act your like post-count is some badge of merit, courage, or honor. You clearly haven't any of them.
You read too deep in what I put. I've never even heard of you so I don't care what your opinion is about me :lol That's just me though, you can keep ranting you warrior. So tough

Baam
06-22-2014, 11:24 PM
I'd pray that someone in a FO out there sees more than Nate Robinson when he looks at me...

KaiRMD1
06-23-2014, 12:25 AM
It would be in the ol' sports' best interest to stay.

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-23-2014, 01:11 AM
Quit starting new dumb threads.

Mikeanaro
06-23-2014, 01:23 AM
Moron... The guy has been a member of the forum since 2007. Hes a long-term lurker. That should stand as an indictment of how much of a disgrace you are - the guy comes out of hiding to comment on your demeanor. Nobody takes you seriously. You're like the forum's mentally handicapped mascot. So don't act like your post-count is some badge of merit, courage, or honor. You clearly haven't any of them.
:lmao
He is mentally handicapped! so fucking true :toast

FireMicoHalili
06-23-2014, 01:30 AM
Ooh right in the keister :rollin

DJR210
06-23-2014, 02:15 AM
Put a restraining order on you

DapDaGenius
06-23-2014, 04:29 AM
Get big money from another team and let CoJo get his shine.

EDIT: Not really sure. Whatever he chooses, I hope the situation works out.

Slippy
06-23-2014, 05:14 AM
The grass isn't always greener on the other side. Keep what happened at the blazers in mind, then how Patty flourished with the spurs and their system. Spurs will reward Patty a pay-rise and more glory .

100%duncan
06-23-2014, 05:46 AM
I would bang your girl seeing as you treat me as a god

Twisted_Dawg
06-23-2014, 06:12 AM
He will be 26 in August. His value will never be higher. And yes he is a product of our system. He has no choice but to take the highest contract offer. If some team offers him $4.5 to $5 mill, I hope the Spurs match. Now, at $6.5+, that's a dilemma.

superbigtime
06-23-2014, 09:24 AM
I think Patty will continue getting better and staying hungry. He's the kind of player that can really hurt the opponent, we saw it many times. And I would hate for him to do it to us. I hope he doesn't cost over 5 mill. I like Cojo right where he's at, the 3rd PG. I always liked Patty but never thought he'd be THIS good. If I were him I'd look elsewhere only if there was a serious dollar discrepancy from the Spurs offer, keeping state income taxes in mind as well. I think Patty stays because the Spurs will give him a respectable offer and out of loyalty.

TampaDude
06-23-2014, 09:38 AM
Note to the FO: PAY PATTY!

Old School 44
06-23-2014, 10:53 AM
I'd just wait until we see what he's offered, just like they did with Splitter. If no one offers him anything too crazy, I think we match. Outside of his great oncourt performance, I think there's a lot more to Patty's contributions in the locker room and I'd hate to see him go.

There seems to be a genuine love and comraderie shared amongst this group with Patty as one of the leaders.

kaji157
06-23-2014, 11:15 AM
stay in s.a and another good chance of winning b2b, or taking a risk and money to go even further and be a star in a bigger market team, whilst mills stock is peak.

I would stay in SA with a long term deal with Player option after next year and another later if posible.
Giving the Spurs flexibility to go and try repeat and giving myself the opportunitie to get out of the dealas often as possible in case Duncan and Ginobili retire and the team suddenlly has money to pay me.

Horse
06-23-2014, 12:44 PM

Call gary neal and ask him if money buys happiness.

spurraider21
06-23-2014, 12:51 PM
tell my accountant to get ready

TVI
06-23-2014, 01:45 PM
Call gary neal and ask him if money buys happiness.
I see a similar situation happening with Patty Mills. It sucks, because the Spurs are the one she gave him his chance when he was languishing on the Portland bench.

Some FO is going to look at what he did in the playoffs, and conclude that it's him, and not the system he was in which made him so successful. Patty will simply have too much temptation to say no to the money.

The Spurs' FO will not match the ridiculous figure, and ST will go into meltdown mode, but the FO will be right—you don't overpay role players. Mills is a nice fit the San Antonio given the players that he gets to play with, but he is successful because he doesn't have to be the playmaker when Tony, Boris, or Manu are on the court.

He'll perform better than Gary Neal, because he tries harder any cares more about defense, but he won't be worth the money that someone's going to throw at him.

How many times have we seen this scenario? An unknown player does well with the Spurs, then leaves the team to get their big payday and you barely hear from them ever again, because the albatross contract that they signed becomes nothing but trade bait for other teams looking to unload other albatross contracts.

Aztecfan03
06-23-2014, 01:57 PM
Put a restraining order on you

this.

buttsR4rebounding
06-23-2014, 02:11 PM
http://m.mysanantonio.com/default/article/Fans-want-Mills-to-stay-with-spurs-crowd-HEB-for-5569889.php

Image 5 would make a great Caption This.

manufan10
06-23-2014, 02:36 PM
So there's a rumor going around on FB, I doubt it's true, but I'll post it anyways:

Developing: Patty Mills had his exit physical and it didn't go well. The physical revealed a significant shoulder injury (most likely a tear) that will require surgery. Mills was seeking (and would have got) a big pay check this offseason from other teams. This injury could scare away some other teams from throwing big money at him. I'll update you guys more when we find more out.

(This information is from a source who wishes to be unnamed, with connections to the team.)
-Cole

https://www.facebook.com/SanAntonioSpursTalk/posts/538198656285554

bluebellmaniac
06-23-2014, 03:09 PM
So there's a rumor going around on FB, I doubt it's true, but I'll post it anyways:

https://www.facebook.com/SanAntonioSpursTalk/posts/538198656285554
What is this Spurs Talk page on FB? A knockoff? WTH?

Taking it to the Hole
06-23-2014, 05:57 PM

Well, to be honest Splitter is overpaid. Anyone who thinks he is worth the contract he got has to be on something ridiculously bad for them.

Obstructed_View
06-23-2014, 06:00 PM

Though he is spot-on with his analysis.

Mayhem321
06-23-2014, 06:18 PM
I don't know, but if I were you I would definitely stop making stupid threads.

KL2
06-23-2014, 06:21 PM
No shame in taking an outrageous offer from another team, I'd do it too. With a chance to start as well.

From the little I know of him it seems his culture is VERY important for him, winning a title as the first aboriginal is pretty damn huge, SA is his best bet to do it again. Some players give up money to make history, Mills just may be that type of guy.

He is a product of the system, however that does not mean he views himself as such, I don't think any nba player does, they have the upmost confidence in themselves.

BackHome
06-23-2014, 07:07 PM
Well since I just found out I need shoulder surgery I would sit in RC's office and cry until he gave me a contract.