PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: Damn, Isaiah Austin's career is over

baseline bum
06-23-2014, 10:03 AM
Never have been a huge fan of his game, but that must suck so much to find out you have heart problems a week before you're about to get drafted.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/genetic-disorder-ends-career-baylors-175331469--ncaab.html

Robz4000
06-23-2014, 10:10 AM
Saw this yesterday, really sucked to hear. Hopefully he's able to live a long and healthy life.

Bill_Brasky
06-23-2014, 10:27 AM
ESPN profiting on the tears and broken dreams of the kid is what makes me sick.

baseline bum
06-23-2014, 10:45 AM
ESPN profiting on the tears and broken dreams of the kid is what makes me sick.

?

Bill_Brasky
06-23-2014, 10:47 AM
?

They did a big long segment yesterday about it where of course they stuck cameras in his face and asked him a bunch of questions about what it's like to have your dreams smashed and what he'll do with no basketball.....it was really kinda fucked up...

baseline bum
06-23-2014, 10:56 AM
They did a big long segment yesterday about it where of course they stuck cameras in his face and asked him a bunch of questions about what it's like to have your dreams smashed and what he'll do with no basketball.....it was really kinda fucked up...

That's their job though. Although Austin wasn't considered one of the top prospects this year, at the end of his senior season he was considered the top HS player in the nation (ahead of Drummond) and thus a lot of people know him and are interested in his story. I remember being shocked when Baylor was able to land him over Kentucky, UNC, Duke, etc.

What a bitter pill that must be for Isaiah to swallow. Usually a player that talented has a worst case scenario of making good money playing in Europe, still against excellent competition.

Thread
06-23-2014, 11:52 AM
That's their job though.

Whether it's torturing this young man, or, lynching an old man in Los Angeles. And they do it well.

DMC
06-23-2014, 01:27 PM
How many short ass leg riding negroes just dumped him as a friend?

lefty
06-23-2014, 01:52 PM
How many short ass leg riding negroes just dumped him as a friend?
:lol