PDA

View Full Version : Knicks: Carmelo Opts Out, testing Free Agency

whitemamba
06-23-2014, 06:03 PM
Let the drama begin.
http://nba.si.com/2014/06/23/carmelo-anthony-free-agency-knicks-bulls-rockets-heat-mavericks/

The Batman
06-23-2014, 06:04 PM
Yeah you're like a week behind.

whitemamba
06-23-2014, 06:06 PM
Yeah you're like a week behind.

Didn't see a thread for it tbh..

ElNono
06-23-2014, 07:41 PM
Anybody else thinks this is great news for Phil?

Melo now has to find a "right fit" team that has enough cash, and if they don't have enough, then they have to ask the Knicks for a S&T, which I don't think the Knicks would do unless they get an excellent deal out of it.

That basically means Melo might end up being reduced to pick between a shitty team or going back to the Knicks for what would likely be a pay-cut... am I missing something?

MarioSpeedwagon
06-23-2014, 07:57 PM

Melo now has to find a "right fit" team that has enough cash, and if they don't have enough, then they have to ask the Knicks for a S&T, which I don't think the Knicks would do unless they get an excellent deal out of it.

That basically means Melo might end up being reduced to pick between a shitty team or going back to the Knicks for what would likely be a pay-cut... am I missing something?
Bulls are trying to free up enough space to offer him 16-17 million a year but yeah he's gonna take a pay cut or play for a scrub team as far as I understand it

Calispursfan11
06-24-2014, 09:13 AM

Lol sounds about right. Regardless, Fatmello is not the answer for any team. He only had any success in Denver and that was when he was riding AI's coattails, tbh fwiw. His defense sucks and he's only going to get worse from this point on. He will demand touches and not buy into any good team system ala San Antonio. I want to see what a train wreck this becomes if he goes to another team.

Thread
06-24-2014, 11:09 AM
mello is not the answer for any team

PERIOD

Mori Chu
06-24-2014, 04:04 PM
Lol sounds about right. Regardless, Fatmello is not the answer for any team. He only had any success in Denver and that was when he was riding AI's coattails, tbh fwiw. His defense sucks and he's only going to get worse from this point on. He will demand touches and not buy into any good team system ala San Antonio. I want to see what a train wreck this becomes if he goes to another team.

You're underrating him. A team with Melo as its best player could ring. But he can't carry 100% of the load like he's been trying to do in NY.

Franklin
06-24-2014, 05:48 PM
Melo and Satan will join the same team where caproom and young talents are both good, it's the typical superfags' path to championships imho.