PDA

View Full Version : More revenge, Spurs break up the big 3

Spurs9
06-24-2014, 08:45 AM
...tbh :lol

capek
06-24-2014, 08:50 AM

http://themidnightalliance.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/toodaloo-motherfucker.gif

Kidd K
06-24-2014, 08:52 AM
LeBron (and Wade/Bosh) opting out is step 1 of them re-signing lesser deals to bring in Melo.

No reason to get excited unless he says he's leaving, which he hasn't.

TrueSpursFan
06-24-2014, 08:57 AM
Not leaving, taking less money tbh

capek
06-24-2014, 09:03 AM
haha that's true. Guess we'll have to wait and see if Wade and/or Bosh opt in, in which case Lebron is definitely leaving. Still though, for a "superstar" to have to jump through so many hoops, sacrifice salary, to get as many fellow "superstars" on the same team, just to try to win, it's so fucking bitchmade there's some pleasure in it still, just watching the faggots dance.

SupremeGuy
06-24-2014, 09:05 AM
Wade won't opt out, tbh. lol

RD2191
06-24-2014, 09:06 AM
That's what I'm saying, dude wants his money.

101A
06-24-2014, 09:08 AM
Melo is opting out in NY also. He could ALSO restructure to give flexibility to bring in Lebron - or walk, again, giving the Knicks flexibility. Phil Jackson likes to always have the best wing in the league on his teams, after all. Might not be a coincidence that NOW he comes back to oversea that organization. Chicago, LA, New York...

SupremeGuy
06-24-2014, 09:09 AM
That's what I'm saying, dude wants his money.Unless they tell him they'll add years to his contract for less money per year... hmmm

A year ago, the Heat were a dynasty and blah blah blah; now, Lebron needs help pls :cry such faggotry

SupremeGuy
06-24-2014, 09:10 AM
Melo is opting out in NY also. He could ALSO restructure to give flexibility to bring in Lebron - or walk, again, giving the Knicks flexibility. Phil Jackson likes to always have the best wing in the league on his teams, after all. Might not be a coincidence that NOW he comes back to oversea that organization. Chicago, LA, New York...Phil Jackson is such a front running bitch. He absolutely can't do shit unless he's coaching/leading a stacked team.

RD2191
06-24-2014, 09:13 AM
Unless they tell him they'll add years to his contract for less money per year... hmmm

A year ago, the Heat were a dynasty and blah blah blah; now, Lebron needs help pls :cry such faggotry
:loltrue that

100%duncan
06-24-2014, 09:18 AM
Not yet

dg7md
06-24-2014, 09:43 AM
Just a shame we didn't beat them twice.

gameFACE
06-24-2014, 09:47 AM
LeBron isn't just putting pressure on the Heat, he's telling Wade and Bosh "I'm bigger Big 3 than you two", which he is. :lol

100%duncan
06-24-2014, 09:50 AM
^ :lol

RD2191
06-24-2014, 09:53 AM
Lebron and Bosh can carry the Heat to at least the ECF. Wade needs to go the bench though, become a 6th man.

hitmantb
06-24-2014, 09:56 AM
Clipper is clearly the best choice.

LeBron + Paul + Griffin + owner who just spent 2 billion + big market, and Doc Rivers a top 5 coach.

Just too unfair for anyone to deal with. Keep in mind Heat big three wasn't really a perfect combo. Too much overlap between Wade/LeBron's game, and Bosh not a traditional post player.

florige
06-24-2014, 09:58 AM
Phil Jackson is such a front running bitch. He absolutely can't do shit unless he's coaching/leading a stacked team.

Yeah and he often bails as soon as a team figures his system out. I really cannot stand that guy.

DrSteffo
06-24-2014, 10:00 AM
If LeBron would go west what would be left in the east...

Mr. Body
06-24-2014, 10:03 AM
Miami still the best choice if contracts are restructured and they can refill the role players.

MANUNG-Ginobili
06-24-2014, 10:24 AM
LeBron (and Wade/Bosh) opting out is step 1 of them re-signing lesser deals to bring in Melo.

you seriously believe Lebron is going to take another major paycut? nah..

Cry Havoc
06-24-2014, 10:27 AM
:lol at this thread.

it's me
06-24-2014, 10:46 AM
It means fat ass Melo is joining in TBH

Spurs9
06-24-2014, 12:01 PM
Not yet
Regardless of what happens, it likely won't be Lebron/Wade/Bosh on the Heat even if he stays. Thats the "superteam" that was formed.

KaiRMD1
06-24-2014, 05:02 PM
All these guys could just be trying to take less money thus putting the burden on management. Melo will be disappointed if he does it for the Knicks management. The same people who were about to give Steve Kerr 30 million

Old School 44
06-24-2014, 05:03 PM
Yep...broke up this big three. I even think they contributed to the Shaq/Kobe break up to some extent.

Old School 44
06-24-2014, 05:08 PM
I don't think LeBron has any issue with leaving money on the table, I think he has issues with leaving the same amount or close to the same amount as Bosh and Wade. I understand the loyalty to Wade, but let's be honest here, the only one Pat Riley and the Heat REALLY want is James.

moisaenz
06-24-2014, 05:13 PM
melo signing with the heat wont make things much better for them. They do not have a bench and the salary of the whole team going to four guys is ridiculous.

xmas1997
06-24-2014, 05:14 PM
I thought Wade and Bosh already opted back in.

Taking it to the Hole
06-24-2014, 05:26 PM

That is exactly what I was thinking. They all are going to opt out if it means bringing another star to Miami. They will try to do what the Lakers did when they brought Malone & Payton. They figure the more stars they can get, the better chance they can assure LeBron's legacy. Too bad though because although I can see Melo & LeBron playing together. I cannot see it working with Wade & Bosh on the court at the same time because they still don't have a true point guard. They rely so much on James running point, it is going to eventually backfire on them. Can't blame them for trying.

TheGoldStandard
06-24-2014, 05:26 PM
Surprised we did not hear a report about Bosh and Wade opting out as well. It's just posturing, he's letting them all know I want more help.

Taking it to the Hole
06-24-2014, 05:37 PM
Riley has already said that he is going to do whatever is necessary to bring all 3 back but James is his priority but I think James is also the type that would throw Wade or Bosh under the train if it means ensuring that he is going to win another championship. I don't really think he cares what Wade or Bosh do. He wants to see what Riley is willing to do for HIM. The guy truly believes he is the best player on the planet and for the life of me I hate the day the media started giving him that title because he has an overinflated sense of importance and entitlement as a result.

exstatic
06-24-2014, 10:22 PM

If he doesn't, they really have no chance of improving. LeBron can't take a cut to $10M, which it would take to open cap room. I think he's gone if Wade doesn't opt out.

Mel_13
06-24-2014, 10:29 PM
If he doesn't, they really have no chance of improving. LeBron can't take a cut to $10M, which it would take to open cap room. I think he's gone if Wade doesn't opt out.

If LeBron and Bosh both leave and Wade stays, then the Heat become the Lakers without the lottery pick. An extremely overpaid aging SG, some mediocre role players, and cap space.

xmas1997
06-24-2014, 10:32 PM
If LeBron and Bosh both leave and Wade stays, then the Heat become the Lakers without the lottery pick. An extremely overpaid aging SG, some mediocre role players, and cap space.

Even if just Wade and Bosh stay they would have a lot of finagling to do to be contenders IMHO.

Mel_13
06-24-2014, 10:36 PM
Even if just Wade and Bosh stay they would have a lot of finagling to do to be contenders IMHO.

That's why Bosh will probably follow LeBron out the door. Bosh can still command max or near max money. No need to stay on a sinking ship.

Beaverfuzz
06-24-2014, 11:13 PM

Yeah right. Lebron wants to head to the pay winda, as Dusty Rhodes would say.

The Whopper
06-24-2014, 11:51 PM
Wade is a broken down boat anchor no matter how they structure his salary. That team is over. Lebron would be a fool to stay and Wade would be a fool not to opt in. Wade can't run up and down the floor anymore. It's over for him.

Kidd K
06-25-2014, 01:57 AM
you seriously believe Lebron is going to take another major paycut? nah..

"Another"? LeBron James technically didn't take a paycut when he went to Miamii in the first place. Due to Florida not having income tax, LeBron pocketed pretty much the exact same amount he would have if he signed a max in Cleveland.

So if he does take a paycut now, it will be the first time. I'm tired of people saying he took less money to go to Miami. No he didn't. He has made no sacrifices thus far.

Mel_13
06-25-2014, 05:40 AM
"Another"? LeBron James technically didn't take a paycut when he went to Miamii in the first place. Due to Florida not having income tax, LeBron pocketed pretty much the exact same amount he would have if he signed a max in Cleveland.

So if he does take a paycut now, it will be the first time. I'm tired of people saying he took less money to go to Miami. No he didn't. He has made no sacrifices thus far.

He took less than the max available. He's not exactly on food stamps, but I think it's an important part of the current story.

Back in 2010, James, Bosh, and Wade each took slightly less than the max so that Riley would have just enough remaining cap space to sign Mike Miller. Essentially, those three players were paying Miller's salary while the team had to pay the associated luxury tax. It proved to be a good investment as Miller played a key role in the 2013 Finals.

After the 2013 season, Miami used the amnesty provision to waive Miller. The Big 3 were still paying his salary, but ownership decided to save millions in luxury tax. After waiving Miller, Miami decided not use to use their MLE, and their only offseason additions were the minimum salary signings of Beasley and Oden. They also used a future first round pick to salary dump Joel Anthony at the trade deadline.

Then the 2013 Finals happened and the thin supporting cast was exposed. James has good reason to question ownership's commitment as he considers where to continue his career.

moisaenz
06-25-2014, 09:47 AM
Wade is done he better opt out if he doesn't lebronda is leaving

Jenks
06-25-2014, 12:43 PM
The salary cap increasing $6m~ might save the Heat. If it stayed in the $70m range I don't see how they could have kept this team together, unless ownership signed off on $25m+ in luxury tax, or Wade took vet min. I don't see their ownership making that kind of move, considering they amnestied Mike Miller.

Oh, Gee!!
06-25-2014, 01:27 PM
LeBron is opting out earlier to send a message to Wade and Bosh. He wants to stay in Miami, and he wants them to stay as well, but they all need to restructure to attract some good free agents.

TampaDude
06-25-2014, 02:44 PM
Just a shame we didn't beat them twice.

Don't worry, there's still time. :hat

Kidd K
06-25-2014, 02:54 PM
He took less than the max available. He's not exactly on food stamps, but I think it's an important part of the current story.

Back in 2010, James, Bosh, and Wade each took slightly less than the max so that Riley would have just enough remaining cap space to sign Mike Miller. Essentially, those three players were paying Miller's salary while the team had to pay the associated luxury tax. It proved to be a good investment as Miller played a key role in the 2013 Finals.

After the 2013 season, Miami used the amnesty provision to waive Miller. The Big 3 were still paying his salary, but ownership decided to save millions in luxury tax. After waiving Miller, Miami decided not use to use their MLE, and their only offseason additions were the minimum salary signings of Beasley and Oden. They also used a future first round pick to salary dump Joel Anthony at the trade deadline.

Then the 2013 Finals happened and the thin supporting cast was exposed. James has good reason to question ownership's commitment as he considers where to continue his career.

LeBron James technically didn't take a paycut when he went to Miamii in the first place. Due to Florida not having income tax, LeBron pocketed pretty much the exact same amount he would have if he signed a max in Cleveland.

He didn't get paid any less than he would have with a max in most other places. So for all intensive purposes, he still got the value of a max deal. It just appears less when you don't take taxes into account.

Mel_13
06-25-2014, 02:56 PM
He didn't get paid any less than he would have with a max in most other places. So for all intensive purposes, he still got the value of a max deal. It just appears less when you don't take taxes into account.

Please tell me you did that on purpose.

Kidd K
06-25-2014, 05:06 PM
Please tell me you did that on purpose.

Please tell me you're not whining about grammar after your own reading comprehension failure.

hater
06-25-2014, 05:14 PM

:lmao

spurraider21
06-25-2014, 05:25 PM
That's why Bosh will probably follow LeBron out the door. Bosh can still command max or near max money. No need to stay on a sinking ship.
at this point a max contract for bosh would make him one of the top 3-4 players in the league iirc... he's not commanding max at all

dg7md
06-25-2014, 06:20 PM
Don't worry, there's still time. :hat

Maybe. The Heat will be lucky to even make the playoffs next year if Bron doesn't come back. :lol

Spurs9
07-09-2014, 06:38 PM
:lol

wildcardX
07-09-2014, 06:47 PM
The Heat lose a series and all of a sudden they're in panic mode and players seem to be headed out the door. The Spurs lose the last couple years to the Thunder and Heat yet kept their main core together, add one or two pieces, and work on perfecting their game. It worked for them in the end.

illusioNtEk
07-09-2014, 06:50 PM
lol heat fans going to disappear now

GoSpurs99
07-09-2014, 06:53 PM
lol heat fans going to disappear now

A lot of people will need that bandwagon change form floating around here!:lmao

illusioNtEk
07-09-2014, 06:56 PM
A lot of people will need that bandwagon change form floating around here!:lmao

lmao, just we wait and see brother... expect a lot of Cav fans trolling it up soon

Mal
07-09-2014, 07:09 PM
kaboom.

BanditHiro
07-09-2014, 07:14 PM
RIP San Antonio Heat ;_;

xmas1997
07-09-2014, 07:21 PM
I hope that is right, but not if breaking up the big three brings about the bigger three.

Taking it to the Hole
07-09-2014, 08:16 PM
I don't think the Heat Big 3 was ever really a "BIG" 3. More like a "BIG" 1 with occasional help from 2 and almost non-existent help from 3.

xmas1997
07-09-2014, 08:18 PM
I don't think the Heat Big 3 was ever really a "BIG" 3. More like a "BIG" 1 with occasional help from 2 and almost non-existent help from 3.

:lmao:rollin:lol
How true!

Spurs9
07-11-2014, 11:37 AM
:lmao at people thinking he would return in Miami

cjw
07-11-2014, 11:41 AM
Fixed: "Not one, barely two, not three, not four, not five, not six"

marzbarz
07-11-2014, 11:44 AM
:lmao at people thinking he would return in Miami

I was one of them, but so damn proud to be a Spurs fan. We killed superfriends