PDA

View Full Version : So after FIFA sanctions Suarez it'll be like Maradroga in 94... Congrats Colombia

urunobili
06-24-2014, 07:06 PM
There is no way Uruguay recovers emotionally after the suspension. Hopefully it'll be just for the WC and it won't affect qualifiers :cry

hater
06-24-2014, 07:10 PM
my Berracos were gonna tap that ass regardless tbqh

urunobili
06-24-2014, 07:12 PM
my Berracos were gonna tap that ass regardless tbqh
Probably

hater
06-24-2014, 07:13 PM
Colombia representing all that's good and classy in America tbh :cry

:cry

ElNono
06-24-2014, 07:14 PM
Even if they let him play against Colombia, there's no way Blatter let's him play against Brazil, tbh...

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
06-24-2014, 07:15 PM
Colombia representing all that's good and classy in America tbh :cry

:cry

As long as they are winning and avoid own goals and screw with the cartels, paramilitary and terrorists wagers :cry

urunobili
06-24-2014, 07:17 PM
Even if they let him play against Colombia, there's no way Blatter let's him play against Brazil, tbh...

Yep. Likely he'd get double booked just for getting in the field...

hater
06-24-2014, 07:22 PM
As long as they are winning and avoid own goals and screw with the cartels, paramilitary and terrorists wagers :cry

so what's this about Argentina crows in Brazil? Heard they are robbing and assaulting Brazilians and Brazilian police is on high alert? damn nigga that's not classy

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
06-24-2014, 07:28 PM
so what's this about Argentina crows in Brazil? Heard they are robbing and assaulting Brazilians and Brazilian police is on high alert? damn nigga that's not classy

What? Hope that is true! Would be awesome! Niggas gettin' what they deserve for not selling tickets to Argentinians.

:cry they'll pack our stadiums :cry
:cry their support is better even than ours in our own soil :cry

They're too scared of Arg winning there. Would be a dick so far up their collective asses for as long as there are humans living on this planet.

hater
06-24-2014, 07:33 PM
What? Hope that is true! Would be awesome! Niggas gettin' what they deserve for not selling tickets to Argentinians.

:cry they'll pack our stadiums :cry
:cry their support is better even than ours in our own soil :cry

They're too scared of Arg winning there. Would be a dick so far up their collective asses for as long as there are humans living on this planet.

partly agree. so I take it you are not living there right now?

here is some info:
http://mundial-brasil-2014.clarin.com/seguridad-Porto-Alegre_0_1162684006.html

100 thousand argentine niggas. Military Police has been called :lmao

urunobili
06-24-2014, 07:37 PM
But we have the greatest fans :cry

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2014/6/24/5839188/uruguay-fans-world-cup-2014

ffadicted
06-24-2014, 08:07 PM
om nom nom

Venti Quattro
06-24-2014, 08:14 PM
With or without Suarez what Colombia has been doing is good. James Rodriguez's value could potentially be x3 minimum after this World Cup is done, whether they win it all or not.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
06-24-2014, 08:54 PM
partly agree. so I take it you are not living there right now?

here is some info:
http://mundial-brasil-2014.clarin.com/seguridad-Porto-Alegre_0_1162684006.html

100 thousand argentine niggas. Military Police has been called :lmao

Nope, not living there, but been around the country a dozen times between vacations and work. Brazilians just got what they asked for. They thought this was just another club Libertadores match, with 10,000ish Argies travelling.

Or did they expect to make every Argentina game an away match and that no one from here would cross the border? That is ridiculous.

Argentina moved a massive amount of fans for the last 2 World Cups and even had a pretty decent bunch in 2002 considering distances and the country's situation back then. So huge numbers hopping along the border were to be expected, even if Brazilians put more tickets on sale to Japan (wtf).

Shit could get nasty if they don't tell their dogs to relax. Arg regular fans are there to watch the matches, but the Barra Bravas won't back down from a fight and things can escalate pretty quickly.

Relevancy
06-24-2014, 10:13 PM
With or without Suarez what Colombia has been doing is good. James Rodriguez's value could potentially be x3 minimum after this World Cup is done, whether they win it all or not.yeah that goal he made only cracks make those.

barca should buy him

Franklin
06-24-2014, 11:58 PM
Suarez is such a disgrace, tbh.

Infinite_limit
06-25-2014, 02:47 AM
Suarez is such a disgrace, tbh.
'These things happen' shrugs Suarez, as Uruguay back their icon

I dunno what's worse
A) Biting
B) Trying to draw a 2nd BS red card in retaliation from the bite
C) Uruguay defending such behavior

hater
06-25-2014, 04:26 AM
'These things happen' shrugs Suarez, as Uruguay back their icon

I dunno what's worse
A) Biting
B) Trying to draw a 2nd BS red card in retaliation from the bite
C) Uruguay defending such behavior

Not surprising. Cannibalism was practiced in Uruguay until the white man came in and killed 99% of the natives. Obviously Suarez is a mix between the cannibal natives and the genocidal white folks

Franklin
06-25-2014, 06:13 AM
Son of a bitch should be suspended for 2 years (the longest ban allowed) from all matches, tbh.

it's me
06-25-2014, 08:32 AM
Comparing Suarez with Maradona :lmao

lefty
06-25-2014, 09:42 AM
Even with Suarez I dont think Urube@ners would beat Colombe@nersTBH

However dont underestimate the motivation of a team that's playing against all odds; those Urube@ners will be tough to play against

Franklin
06-25-2014, 09:46 AM
true, they were the 4th place in South Africa four years ago, and they beat both England and Italy in the group stage this year.

urunobili
06-25-2014, 10:23 AM
Son of a bitch should be suspended for 2 years (the longest ban allowed) from all matches, tbh.

He got two games.

Venti Quattro
06-25-2014, 10:27 AM
Adidas is also "rethinking" their relationship with Luis Suarez.

ElNono
06-25-2014, 10:30 AM

:lol England "newspapers"
:lol butthurt

urunobili
06-25-2014, 10:51 AM
Comparing Suarez with Maradona :lmaoWhere did I compare them? I'm comparing the team morale not the players. Back to English class may help :)

Budkin
06-25-2014, 10:52 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bq_HhGMIAAACmon.jpg

it's me
06-25-2014, 10:53 AM
Where did I compare them? I'm comparing the team morale not the players. Back to English class may help :)

Still.... the impact those player have/had to their teams is not even comparable IMO

dfens
06-25-2014, 11:54 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bq_HhGMIAAACmon.jpg

damn :lol

dfens
06-25-2014, 11:56 AM
Even with Suarez I dont think Urube@ners would beat Colombe@nersTBH

However dont underestimate the motivation of a team that's playing against all odds; those Urube@ners will be tough to play against

urube@aners are legit. Colombia played a shit group, so I see that match as a 50/50
Btw what's the deal with forlan not getting minutes at all? He could really shoot in 2010.

Infinite_limit
06-25-2014, 12:20 PM
Not surprising. Cannibalism was practiced in Uruguay until the white man came in and killed 99% of the natives. Obviously Suarez is a mix between the cannibal natives and the genocidal white folks
HAHA is that true?

urunobili
06-25-2014, 12:59 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10458870_10152500748633560_2357635562447785444_n.j pg

Phenomanul
06-25-2014, 01:09 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10458870_10152500748633560_2357635562447785444_n.j pg

No one suggested Chielini was a saint...

Suarez's behaviour is inexcusable... 3 different times egregiously committing the same infraction... he's missing a few screws up in his noggin tbh...

lefty
06-25-2014, 01:12 PM
urube@aners are legit. Colombia played a shit group, so I see that match as a 50/50
Btw what's the deal with forlan not getting minutes at all? He could really shoot in 2010.
Saving his legs for the next round

With Suarez not playing the next game (I assume), the rest will come in handy

urunobili
06-25-2014, 07:09 PM
he's missing a few screws up in his noggin tbh...

First one to see the light :tu

hater
06-25-2014, 07:10 PM
First one to see the light :tu

nobody is disputing that tbh

urunobili
06-25-2014, 09:45 PM
https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/p526x296/10155857_4308511648001_9031545887789291357_n.jpg

diego
06-25-2014, 10:35 PM
No one suggested Chielini was a saint...

Suarez's behaviour is inexcusable... 3 different times egregiously committing the same infraction... he's missing a few screws up in his noggin tbh...

and no one is saying suarez is a saint, in fact i dislike him quite a bit precisely because he gets too caught up in bullshit instead of just playing. but every single game, players elbow each other, pull their hair, grab/hit each others nuts, punch each other, head butt each other away from the ball / without the ref seeing it, so why arent those acts of aggression (some of which are way more dangerous than a bite, possibly career ending) getting retroactively called? since the uruguay game this happened today, in the ecuador group thread i mistakenly thought it was sissoko, it was sakho:

RSM9zEbfw-w

how is this any different than what suarez did? or is it because its normal to elbow someone in the face?

and dont tell me its because suarez is repeating the same thing, central defenders (like chielini, or maybe especially him since he has broken another players legs before i dont think suarez has ever done that) punch and elbow several times a game. I know there is precedent with tassoti but since 1994 i can point at dozens upon dozens of such incidents. ANd what about flops! should they start video reviewing flops after the game?

ive seen people post here that suarez should be banned for life? have you people seen materazzi, van bommel, stam? were any of these butchers EVER suspended for something the ref didnt see? get a fucking grip people

urunobili
06-25-2014, 10:41 PM
diego with the goods :tu

Thanks for the support and perspective :tu

lefty
06-25-2014, 11:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/d61nChj.jpg

diego
06-25-2014, 11:23 PM
i would have posted before but i couldnt make a proper post on my phone , im tempted to post video after video of hits like these.

and yes, it is like the maradona situation-

maradona was given 15 months for cocaine use, the first player in history to be suspended for cocaine. then why has EVERY SINGLE PLAYER caught since then been given less (as low as 6 months in some cases (adrien mutu to be clear))?

then in 94 the whole ephedrine thing (over the counter drug in the US where the WC was played), 15 months suspension. but in mexico 86 a spanish player tested positive for the same, 1 game suspension. 1 game (named caldere look it up if you want). other cases, 6 months, 9 months, ETC ETC

but wait. efedrine and cocaine are hardly performance enhancing drugs. what about the dudes using nandrolone (steroid)? stam 5 months, davids less than 4, pep guardiola was given 4 months then absolved. The entire juventus team was doing EPO in the 90s (zidane, deschamps, del piero), no player suspended but the team doctor was given 22 months (WHAT A FUCKING JOKE). then juventus again with cannavaro, no suspensions for him, 60 days for the team doctor.

but maradona taking efedrine and cocaine? 30 months total. hmm, was it because he was cheating, or because he was anti FIFA, anit capitalist, and defeating the favorites on every stage (juve and ac milan in italy, brazil and italy in the WC?)

suarez isnt anywhere near maradona but this witch hunt is 100% about uruguay eliminating england and italy, the same reason that 7 costa rica players were taken to drug test after the italy game. FIFA is a joke, everyone knows how disgusting they are but the love for the game ends up trumping everything...

hater
06-25-2014, 11:32 PM
i would have posted before but i couldnt make a proper post on my phone , im tempted to post video after video of hits like these.

and yes, it is like the maradona situation-

maradona was given 15 months for cocaine use, the first player in history to be suspended for cocaine. then why has EVERY SINGLE PLAYER caught since then been given less (as low as 6 months in some cases (adrien mutu to be clear))?

then in 94 the whole ephedrine thing (over the counter drug in the US where the WC was played), 15 months suspension. but in mexico 86 a spanish player tested positive for the same, 1 game suspension. 1 game (named caldere look it up if you want). other cases, 6 months, 9 months, ETC ETC

but wait. efedrine and cocaine are hardly performance enhancing drugs. what about the dudes using nandrolone (steroid)? stam 5 months, davids less than 4, pep guardiola was given 4 months then absolved. The entire juventus team was doing EPO in the 90s (zidane, deschamps, del piero), no player suspended but the team doctor was given 22 months (WHAT A FUCKING JOKE). then juventus again with cannavaro, no suspensions for him, 60 days for the team doctor.

but maradona taking efedrine and cocaine? 30 months total. hmm, was it because he was cheating, or because he was anti FIFA, anit capitalist, and defeating the favorites on every stage (juve and ac milan in italy, brazil and italy in the WC?)

suarez isnt anywhere near maradona but this witch hunt is 100% about uruguay eliminating england and italy, the same reason that 7 costa rica players were taken to drug test after the italy game. FIFA is a joke, everyone knows how disgusting they are but the love for the game ends up trumping everything...

disagree about it being a witch hunt. His past behaviour is what is doing him in IMO Kinda like Ron Artest and the whole Detroit brawl got him most games suspension. The only one to blame is him imo.

I think he did bite on purpose, its clear as day and deserves a banning. Do I want him banned? no. I wish he doesn't get banned and tries something on my Colombian berracos. he'll have to pick his teeth off the turf in that case.

resistanze
06-25-2014, 11:38 PM
and no one is saying suarez is a saint, in fact i dislike him quite a bit precisely because he gets too caught up in bullshit instead of just playing. but every single game, players elbow each other, pull their hair, grab/hit each others nuts, punch each other, head butt each other away from the ball / without the ref seeing it, so why arent those acts of aggression (some of which are way more dangerous than a bite, possibly career ending) getting retroactively called? since the uruguay game this happened today, in the ecuador group thread i mistakenly thought it was sissoko, it was sakho:

RSM9zEbfw-w

how is this any different than what suarez did? or is it because its normal to elbow someone in the face?

and dont tell me its because suarez is repeating the same thing, central defenders (like chielini, or maybe especially him since he has broken another players legs before i dont think suarez has ever done that) punch and elbow several times a game. I know there is precedent with tassoti but since 1994 i can point at dozens upon dozens of such incidents. ANd what about flops! should they start video reviewing flops after the game?

ive seen people post here that suarez should be banned for life? have you people seen materazzi, van bommel, stam? were any of these butchers EVER suspended for something the ref didnt see? get a fucking grip people

Is this real life? I haven't seen so many red herring arguments in the past few days in defense of chomping another person.

When did you determine Sahko's elbow will not be reviewed? Any violent conduct not caught by the referee in-game is subject to review by FIFA after the game. Considering the Ecuadorian coach has lodged a public complaint and many news articles talking about it, FIFA will likely review it. The game just happened today, should it be addressed before Suarez's biting incident?

And that's silly to compare elbows, pushing, crashing in soccer to biting another person. You can accidentally elbow, or kick or push someone in soccer (or basketball, football, etc) - when these incidents that are deemed intentional or premeditated, they are punished when caught (during or after the game). There is no sport which allows violent conduct with intent. People get elbowed all the time in basketball; it can range from a common foul to a flagrant or suspension depending on intent.

You can't accidentally take a bite out of someone....that's why there's no grey area when someone does such insane behavior.

It must be different where I'm from but I haven't seen anyone around here trying to rationalize this tbh. Biting another person, repeatedly is looked at as abnormal behavior.

Venti Quattro
06-25-2014, 11:40 PM
Is this real life? I haven't seen so many red herring arguments in the past few days in defense of chomping another person.

When did you determine Sahko's elbow will not be reviewed? Any violent conduct not caught by the referee in-game is subject to review by FIFA after the game. Considering the Ecuadorian coach has lodged a public complaint and many news articles talking about it, FIFA will likely review it. The game just happened today, should it be addressed before Suarez's biting incident?

And that's silly to compare elbows, pushing, crashing in soccer to biting another person. You can accidentally elbow, or kick or push someone in soccer (or basketball, football, etc) - when these incidents that are deemed intentional or premeditated, they are punished when caught (during or after the game). There is no sport which allows violent conduct with intent. People get elbowed all the time in basketball; it can range from a common foul to a flagrant or suspension depending on intent.

You can't accidentally take a bite out of someone....that's why there's no grey area when someone does such insane behavior.

It must be different where I'm from but I haven't seen anyone around here trying to rationalize this tbh. Biting another person, repeatedly is looked at as abnormal behavior.
http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/kobe-dunks-in-dwight-howards-face-kobe-bryant-gifs.gif

IrisHockey
06-25-2014, 11:41 PM
Suarez is like Russell Westbrook, so unpredictable, so talented, tbh..

terrible loss for the WC

hater
06-25-2014, 11:50 PM
so FIFA hates Uruguay all of a sudden? :lmao

Uruguay is easily the 3rd most dominating power in CONMEBOL and its not even close

they want to eliminate us ::cry :cry

:lol

diego
06-25-2014, 11:59 PM
where did i say he didnt bite on purpose? are you saying that the elbow i posted was an accident?

this is a media witch hunt. past behavior? what about roy keane's past behavior? or graeme souness? oh right, they're brits, they're tough guys, "hard men". suspended for life? for a guy who did this and admitted he did it on purpose and ended his career?

D7eBRQxbg-M

3 match suspension, then 5 when he admitted it was intentional.

a little bite and people are talking two years or life suspension (especially brit media)? give me a fucking break

hater
06-26-2014, 12:05 AM
this is a media witch hunt.

the complete opposite. The only reason Suarez is not suspended already is because Uruguay is one of the most dominating forces in the corrupt CONMEBOL and FIFA.

diego
06-26-2014, 12:18 AM

exactly, this is about biting, nothing else.

first, the sakho elbow will only be reviewed because the pandora's box has already been cracked open, but if you like we'll go back to 98, 2002, 2006 and 2010 (since the 94 precedent, no point looking further back) to look at all the elbows, headbutts and punches that werent given suspensions post game. You know they're there. THE ONLY INCIDENT ON RECORD REVIEWED AND PUNISHED IS THE 94 ELBOW, DO YOU REALLY THINK ITS THE ONLY ONE?

second, there are plenty of examples of intentional hits with significantly more dire consequences, like the aforementioned keane hit, where no one was asking for life suspension. keane got 8 games, if suarez gets half its a joke. are you going to argue it was his first time? or that he got a card in the moment so it was ok? but suarez should be suspended for life because he bites people? again, the amount of dirty cheap shot artist "defenders" who injured people and ended careers, not a peep, but a forward who bites people and people are asking for life suspensions?

show me where i said its ok for suarez to bite. if the ref had sent him off right there it would have been fine. But if you want to make these calls on video review, for a relatively harmless foul, perfect. Do the same for the head butts (accidental! :cry) and the punches and the groin and hair pulling- its all about intent right? :cry you cant intentionally hurt people :cry have you ever played a game of any contact sport in your life?? this shit happens all the time and FIFA is only now acting because biting is not how you are SUPPOSED to hurt people. Punch, head butt, even grab hair or tug on the nutsack, but bite? thats dirty, life ban!

diego
06-26-2014, 12:30 AM
it was so hard to find, had to go so faaar back!

R5n5wYwXTH4
:cry but FIFA reviewed it and determined it wasnt a foul
:cry but van bommel doesnt have a history of doing that!
:cry but it wasnt intentional
:cry the bite affected the game / cup so much more!

diego
06-26-2014, 12:34 AM
in before :cry he was making a play on the ball!

like i said this is about biting not being an accepted form of hitting someone. Studs up hatchet below the knee? PERFECT!

hater
06-26-2014, 12:38 AM
:cry witch hunt

:cry FIFA doesn't want Uruguay to continue

:cry Suarez in Maracana would not be one of the biggest sellers in WC history :cry

DAF86
06-26-2014, 01:06 AM
3 match suspension for that Kean foul is a joke, tbh.

Venti Quattro
06-26-2014, 01:52 AM
:cry Suarez in Maracana would not be one of the biggest sellers in WC history :cry

If URU proceed to go to Maracana then it will still be a nail-biter tbh. Just hope that Suarez doesn't bite anything more than his nails.

ManuLoco
06-26-2014, 06:03 AM
https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/p526x296/10155857_4308511648001_9031545887789291357_n.jpg

The question is, will that be the argument Uruguay will give FIFA for Suarez to be absolved?

resistanze
06-26-2014, 06:31 AM
exactly, this is about biting, nothing else.

first, the sakho elbow will only be reviewed because the pandora's box has already been cracked open, but if you like we'll go back to 98, 2002, 2006 and 2010 (since the 94 precedent, no point looking further back) to look at all the elbows, headbutts and punches that werent given suspensions post game. You know they're there. THE ONLY INCIDENT ON RECORD REVIEWED AND PUNISHED IS THE 94 ELBOW, DO YOU REALLY THINK ITS THE ONLY ONE?

second, there are plenty of examples of intentional hits with significantly more dire consequences, like the aforementioned keane hit, where no one was asking for life suspension. keane got 8 games, if suarez gets half its a joke. are you going to argue it was his first time? or that he got a card in the moment so it was ok? but suarez should be suspended for life because he bites people? again, the amount of dirty cheap shot artist "defenders" who injured people and ended careers, not a peep, but a forward who bites people and people are asking for life suspensions?

show me where i said its ok for suarez to bite. if the ref had sent him off right there it would have been fine. But if you want to make these calls on video review, for a relatively harmless foul, perfect. Do the same for the head butts (accidental! :cry) and the punches and the groin and hair pulling- its all about intent right? :cry you cant intentionally hurt people :cry have you ever played a game of any contact sport in your life?? this shit happens all the time and FIFA is only now acting because biting is not how you are SUPPOSED to hurt people. Punch, head butt, even grab hair or tug on the nutsack, but bite? thats dirty, life ban!
Don't move the goalposts. First you were saying Sakho wouldn't be punished or that no one cared about his foul. That clearly isn't true; now you're claiming "ib/c pandora's box :cry". I don't need to prove that every single incident has been caught in FIFA history (you need to find actual examples too). I know that several people besides Suarez HAVE been punished (for stamps, elbows, kicks, headbutts), so you cannot claim they are only targeting Suarez.

You don't have to go far to find the longest bans in EPL. The English FA keeps a running list of suspensions as well. It was only last year where the FA expanded its rules to even allow retrospective bans on violent conduct that was even seen by the ref. FIFA doesn't allow that yet.

It's Suarez's fault he was dumb enough to bite people in an era that allows retrospective bans to this degree. And there a TONS of players that have been banned - get over the witch hunt angle. And no - FIFA didn't review De Jong's tackle because Howard Webb assessed it and gave him a yellow. Webb later said if he saw a better angle he would've given him a red. And FIFA, as I've said, cannot review fouls retrospectively AFTER a ref has made notes that he reviewed the incident on the pitch. It's much easier to argue when you know the actual facts and rules of the game than posting images/videos crying ":cry persecution".

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2012/05/top-10-longest-premier-league-bans/
http://nav.thefa.com/sitecore/content/TheFA/Home/TheFA/~/link.aspx?_id=D6CA03B6740C4E78A1E74E2493E9199B&_z=z
http://nav.thefa.com/sitecore/content/TheFA/Home/TheFA/Disciplinary/NewsAndFeatures/2012/balotelli-charge-230112
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/5339964.stm

:cry cannibal rights
:cry it was just a nibble
:cry he thought his name was 'Fettuccine' not "Chiellini"

urunobili
06-26-2014, 08:01 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-2DybkTSQBAk/U6taofPRbxI/AAAAAAAAR3I/hUZC6Jm-Im8/s1600/Captura+de+pantalla+completa+25062014+201804.bmp.j pg

Phenomanul
06-26-2014, 08:04 AM

RSM9zEbfw-w

I hate all that unsportsman-like behaviour as well... but Suarez's actions are still inexcusable...

If what you're really doing is denouncing the post-review precedent that this incident may create; yes, that's a valid argument... Still... Suarez is the only star player caught up in this sort of behaviour... After the second biting incident you would have thought he'd understand... but no, his country and fans keep defending his behaviour... that's why he feels he can get away with it. He'll continue to do so unless his punishment is severe. I'm not advocating a life-ban or even a 2-year ban - something more like 20 games without pay (at any professional level)... and no National Team games for the next year...

I wonder if Chielini was given a Tetanus booster...

urunobili
06-26-2014, 08:28 AM
I hate all that unsportsman-like behaviour as well... but Suarez's actions are still inexcusable...

If what you're really doing is denouncing the post-review precedent that this incident may create; yes, that's a valid argument... Still... Suarez is the only star player caught up in this sort of behaviour... After the second biting incident you would have thought he'd understand... but no, his country and fans keep defending his behaviour... that's why he feels he can get away with it. He'll continue to do so unless his punishment is severe. I'm not advocating a life-ban or even a 2-year ban - something more like 20 games without pay (at any professional level)... and no National Team games for the next year...

I wonder if Chielini was given a Tetanus booster...

I don't think that his behavior is defended. The argument is around that is much worse going around on every game and nothing gets done about it and if they do with this incident, what's going to be reviewed next? Even Elizondo thinks that if they ban him it'll open Pandora's box because it'd create a precedent.

https://ar.deportes.yahoo.com/video/elizondo-todos-creemos-que-su%C3%A1rez-014425957.html

Aztecfan03
06-26-2014, 08:54 AM
Banned for 9 matches and 4 months. But he might be able to appeal( I don't know, the people on ESPN seemed to think so)

it's me
06-26-2014, 09:11 AM
9 games it is.

MmP
06-26-2014, 09:13 AM
I love Suarez but he pulled an Amare.

resistanze
06-26-2014, 09:15 AM
:cry no

it's me
Suarez : "me cortaron los dientes"

Venti Quattro
9 games it is.

9 games for his national team
4 months for his association team

lefty
06-26-2014, 09:18 AM
So nobody is going to buy him from Liverpool now I guess :lol

urunobili
06-26-2014, 09:46 AM
Deserved ban :tu I hope he gets treatment. With that said, how other non ball plays will be judged now by FIFA with this precedent?

Aztecfan03
06-26-2014, 10:17 AM
9 games for his national team
4 months for his association team

Because of the 4 month ban, he will miss 9 premier league games and 3 champions league group matches.

lefty
06-26-2014, 10:19 AM
:lmao

http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/4e22530etw1ehq2ibb7h6g209o05de81.gif

diego
06-26-2014, 10:24 AM
I'm on my phone so I can't make a long response, for now all I'll say is that I'm waiting for sakho's review and suspension, FIFA announced they were investigating Suarez the very next day so today it should be announced and the sentence by saturday right resistanze? Or is that unreasonable?

elemento
06-26-2014, 10:31 AM
He has only himself to blame. Great player, potato-head.

Phenomanul
06-26-2014, 10:41 AM
I'm on my phone so I can't make a long response, for now all I'll say is that I'm waiting for sakho's review and suspension, FIFA announced they were investigating Suarez the very next day so today it should be announced and the sentence by saturday right resistanze? Or is that unreasonable?

Not defending Sakho's actions... but would this be his first strike... second strike... third strike?

Suarez's repeat offence proclivities definitely factor against him... If Chielini had been his 'first bite victim ever' I don't believe the ban would have been as severe... Suarez isn't making good on his insistence that he can behave... he simply can't...

In other context now he'll have a suitable window to properly rest his surgically repaired knee...

Infinite_limit
06-26-2014, 10:57 AM
So nobody is going to buy him from Liverpool now I guess :lol
Liverpool screwed. Should have dealt him.

Muser
06-26-2014, 12:04 PM
What do the Uruguay FA hope to accomplish with this appeal? Bunch of fucking retards.

hater
06-26-2014, 02:47 PM
:lmao I'm having a field day reading Uruguayan news headlines :lol

"The Government is helping out in the appeal. Will lend lawyer the presidential plane to fly to Europe to personally appeal"

"Should Uruguay abandon the World Cup?"

"We are all Suarez"

"Neighborhoods in Montevideo are gering up to protest in the streets" :lmao

"Suarez Crucified" :cry

"Should we play with 10 players?"

"All Uruguay receiving Suarez at the airport"

"FIFA Mafia won"

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

hater
06-26-2014, 02:49 PM
http://www.republica.com.uy/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Mordida1.jpg

http://www.republica.com.uy/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Chiellini.jpg

Franklin
06-26-2014, 05:32 PM
Suaperro got very lucky to only receive a 4th ban tbh.

diego
06-27-2014, 02:04 AM
Don't move the goalposts. First you were saying Sakho wouldn't be punished or that no one cared about his foul. That clearly isn't true; now you're claiming "ib/c pandora's box :cry". I don't need to prove that every single incident has been caught in FIFA history (you need to find actual examples too). I know that several people besides Suarez HAVE been punished (for stamps, elbows, kicks, headbutts), so you cannot claim they are only targeting Suarez.

You don't have to go far to find the longest bans in EPL. The English FA keeps a running list of suspensions as well. It was only last year where the FA expanded its rules to even allow retrospective bans on violent conduct that was even seen by the ref. FIFA doesn't allow that yet.

It's Suarez's fault he was dumb enough to bite people in an era that allows retrospective bans to this degree. And there a TONS of players that have been banned - get over the witch hunt angle. And no - FIFA didn't review De Jong's tackle because Howard Webb assessed it and gave him a yellow. Webb later said if he saw a better angle he would've given him a red. And FIFA, as I've said, cannot review fouls retrospectively AFTER a ref has made notes that he reviewed the incident on the pitch. It's much easier to argue when you know the actual facts and rules of the game than posting images/videos crying ":cry persecution".

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2012/05/top-10-longest-premier-league-bans/
http://nav.thefa.com/sitecore/content/TheFA/Home/TheFA/~/link.aspx?_id=D6CA03B6740C4E78A1E74E2493E9199B&_z=z
http://nav.thefa.com/sitecore/content/TheFA/Home/TheFA/Disciplinary/NewsAndFeatures/2012/balotelli-charge-230112
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/5339964.stm

:cry cannibal rights
:cry it was just a nibble
:cry he thought his name was 'Fettuccine' not "Chiellini"

ok mr goalposts. You're the one who is putting the de jong kick in my mouth, i never mentioned it, precisely because it was called in game. The whole point of my argument is that there is no precedent for infractions not called in game to be sanctioned afterwards based on tv , outside of the tassoti elbow in 94 that broke luis enrique's nose (and carried a smaller punishment than the suarez bite). the links you posted are all of incidents that were called in game and disciplinary measures were taken based on the refs report. So dont tell me I dont know the rules. After the 94 precedent can you give me a single example of a player being sanctioned for something the ref did not see and was later caught by television cameras? that is the question.

I never defended suarez bite, you already wrongly accused me of that, I questioned FIFA's inconsistency in applying sanctions to fouls that occured that escaped the refs judgement by basing themselves on television footage (just like the inconsistency in handling maradona's doping positives to others, another conveniently ignored point). To that end, I am still waiting for the sakho judgement you have repeatedly stated is coming, or for the van bommel foul in the video i posted above 4 years earlier- unless you want to argue those were legal challenges / unintentional, Id love to hear it.

If they want to apply that judgement, then great! It will clean up the game a lot as far as corners and freekicks, though it might taint the result of a lot of games (like when the NBA announces after a game that a ref screwed up on a call but doesnt go back to replay it); it also might encourage players to bitch to the cameras more too (if the ecuadoran player had called attention to his elbow the way chiellini did to his bite maybe FIFA would already be investigating). but they must be consistent about it, or else it absolutely becomes a witch hunt.

Before FIFA always said that what the ref determines in game is what happened, if its not in the report at the end of the game it didnt happen. Now, every time a foul isnt called, particularly incident away from the ball, we should expect a review and a sanction. Phenomanul is saying that sakho isnt a repeat offender so its different (is he, do you know? i would guess that a professional CB probably isnt the first time he threw an elbow). Well ssuming it his first time, shouldnt he be given his first strike then? is it fair for him to be able to play next round while suarez cant, when they obstensibly did the same thing (make an illegal violent attack without getting caught in game)?

Im fine with suarez being suspended for biting, even if the punishment is excessive in my opinion (remember the only precedent is tassoti's 8 games, and he broke the other guys nose and took him out of the game, suarez bite was not nearly as violent). what im not fine with is the way he was caught and how that standard is handled, whether it be in between (94-2014) or going forward (sahko). if you cant see the problem then you are the one who doesnt understand the rules.

as for keane i brought him up to show that an intentional, career ending tackle was met with an 8 game suspension by the FA and hero status for keane in england, I understand perfectly well that the rules prevented them from giving him more than 3 games initially, but the way the english media treats keane vs how they treat suarez absolutely has to do with where they come from and cultural conventions (keane is a tough hard man, suarez is a cheating animal). When Keane admitted his challenge was intentional they could have easily given him more than 5 games, and keane definitely has a history of violent tackles so its not a matter of it being a one time thing. evidently a lot of people on this board feel the same, asking for a life ban. Its just absurd to me that people would feel that way when there are much more violent players out there, chielini included-

_geJsxPVH6o
no call, no review, no suspension, clearly throwing punches
fBucOazkb5I
broke two bones, red card 3 games nothing more

doesnt mean biting is ok, or that biting chielini is ok. But if you think suarez bites are worthy of a life time ban or even a year, then why the double standard with violent defenders who pride themselves on breaking people? they are as old as the sport and exist in every league (argentina and uruguay included, especially even)

Now I have heard some people say that the ref did call a foul on suarez on the play, and that essentially FIFA is upgrading it. Ok, that works. But then why wasnt Figo's head butt in 2006 upgraded from a yellow to a red, or belharouz criminal foul on ronaldo in the same game, or the de jong kick last year, etc etc etc. See, this sanction is terribly inconsistent no matter which way you argue it.

diego
06-27-2014, 02:15 AM
and i usually dont bother to respond to haters nonsense, but uruguay a FIFA powerhouse? right, that 3 million population is a real important market, legendary how FIFA bends over backwards for them :rolleyes

if anything that explains why we havent heard a peep about sakho from FIFA yet, platini was asking for more cards in 2006 but hes awful quiet now

resistanze
06-27-2014, 06:46 AM
ok mr goalposts. You're the one who is putting the de jong kick in my mouth, i never mentioned it, precisely because it was called in game. the links you posted are all of incidents that were called in game and disciplinary measures were taken based on the refs report. So dont tell me I dont know the rules. After the 94 precedent can you give me a single example of a player being sanctioned for something the ref did not see and was later caught by television cameras? that is the question.

You didn't read the links. You still wouldn't make this the basis of your argument of you did.

"Thatcher was only booked at the time by referee Dermot Gallagher, who failed to spot the former Wales international smashing his forearm into Mendes' face as the pair chased for possession during the second half of the game.

Aware of the severity of the incident, the FA circumvented its own rules to lodge a charge of "serious foul play" against Thatcher."

"The Italian striker, who Harry Redknapp insisted should not have been on the pitch to convert the stoppage-time penalty that defeated Spurs, was charged this evening once the Football Association had considered referee Howard Webb's official match report. Webb has confirmed he missed the 83rd-minute incident at the Etihad Stadium and would have shown Balotelli a straight red card had he spotted the City substitute appearing to aim a back-heel at the Tottenham midfielder as he lay on the floor."

Suarez...last year:
"Referee Kevin Friend did not seem to see the incident but spoke to both players after they clashed, with Ivanovic trying to show the official a mark on his upper arm."
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/22141299

Scott Adams on Olivier Grioud:
"Stoke midfielder Charlie Adam has been hit with a three-match ban by the FA after being charged with violent conduct for a stamp on Arsenal forward Olivier Giroud during his team's 1-0 victory on Saturday. Television cameras caught Adam stamping down on Giroud's led in an off-the-ball incident which went unnoticed by referee Mike Jones."
http://www.sport.net/stoke-city-midfielder-charlie-adam-handed-three-match-ban-for-stamp-on-olivier-giroud-as-fa-reject-potters-appeal_139296

Suarez's recent bite using TV replays is not a precedent...I don't know how many times I have to say this. Suarez's bite LAST YEAR wasn't even a precedent. Read the actual facts of what has happened in the past.

dfens
06-27-2014, 07:04 AM
:lmao some terrible faggotry going on here, people trying to find excuses for this suarez faggot who is at the 4th (FOURTH) incident. It wasn't some tackle or some game related play, he bit another player in an off the ball scenario and it wans't the first or second time. Should be banned for a year. People comparing this to hard tackles or dirty fouls :lmao

diego
06-27-2014, 07:17 AM
You didn't read the links. You still wouldn't make this the basis of your argument of you did.

"Thatcher was only booked at the time by referee Dermot Gallagher, who failed to spot the former Wales international smashing his forearm into Mendes' face as the pair chased for possession during the second half of the game.

Aware of the severity of the incident, the FA circumvented its own rules to lodge a charge of "serious foul play" against Thatcher."

"The Italian striker, who Harry Redknapp insisted should not have been on the pitch to convert the stoppage-time penalty that defeated Spurs, was charged this evening once the Football Association had considered referee Howard Webb's official match report. Webb has confirmed he missed the 83rd-minute incident at the Etihad Stadium and would have shown Balotelli a straight red card had he spotted the City substitute appearing to aim a back-heel at the Tottenham midfielder as he lay on the floor."

Suarez...last year:
"Referee Kevin Friend did not seem to see the incident but spoke to both players after they clashed, with Ivanovic trying to show the official a mark on his upper arm."
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/22141299

Scott Adams on Olivier Grioud:
"Stoke midfielder Charlie Adam has been hit with a three-match ban by the FA after being charged with violent conduct for a stamp on Arsenal forward Olivier Giroud during his team's 1-0 victory on Saturday. Television cameras caught Adam stamping down on Giroud's led in an off-the-ball incident which went unnoticed by referee Mike Jones."
http://www.sport.net/stoke-city-midfielder-charlie-adam-handed-three-match-ban-for-stamp-on-olivier-giroud-as-fa-reject-potters-appeal_139296

Suarez's recent bite using TV replays is not a precedent...I don't know how many times I have to say this. Suarez's bite LAST YEAR wasn't even a precedent. Read the actual facts of what has happened in the past.

I seldom watch premier league games so I went off the links, in your quotes all but the Giroud inicident mention the match report ref addressing the foul in game and later upgrading it from TV footage. which is as I understand it not what happened now. how about an example from the world cup, which is what we are discussing?

and again, even if you are right and there is precedent, how about consistency? why still no sahko investigation?(which could well determine he was innocent, but at the least an investigation should be announced as was the case with suarez). or the other examples I gave? or is this just a matter of who is the sorest loser and complains the opponent into suspension?

ManuLoco
06-27-2014, 08:08 AM
9 games is way too much. I would've settle for a one game suspension and everyone happy, even Uruguayans.

it's me
06-27-2014, 08:11 AM
9 games is way too much. I would've settle for a one game suspension and everyone happy, even Uruguayans.

Even 4 or 5 games would have been OK.... to me what's ridiculously excessive is the 4 months ban .... and not allowing the guy to be in a stadium? that's some heavy BS.

resistanze
06-27-2014, 08:48 AM
I seldom watch premier league games so I went off the links, in your quotes all but the Giroud inicident mention the match report ref addressing the foul in game and later upgrading it from TV footage. which is as I understand it not what happened now. how about an example from the world cup, which is what we are discussing?
:lol This is what I meant by 'moving the goalposts'

If we're discussing just the world cup (which is completely arbitrary, since the FA is part of FIFA and Suarez himself has been banned before because of replay) - why did you bring up videos of Keane and Chiellini in their domestic league matches? You're not even been consistent with you own position. Are you now trying to claim that it's a precendent because it's the FIRST time Suarez has biten someone in an international match as opposed to a club match? :lmao

You argued there was no precendent before Suarez for using replays to punish players afterwards, and that's simply not true. He's not the first and won't be the last.

and again, even if you are right and there is precedent, how about consistency? why still no sahko investigation?(which could well determine he was innocent, but at the least an investigation should be announced as was the case with suarez). or the other examples I gave? or is this just a matter of who is the sorest loser and complains the opponent into suspension??
If you have a problem with the manner in which FIFA assesses them - this can be a valid point. I by no means think FIFA is perfect in their punishments. For Sakho? I don't know, maybe they've determined he was innocent and will announce it. And you can argue their system is flawed; but you cannot argue that there's not precedent in the way FIFA has handled Suarez using replays. I've shown this already. And I'm sorry, Suarez is biting another human being (for the third time) - there's not room for much interpretation in terms of intent.

ManuLoco
06-27-2014, 09:26 AM
I read today that even Chiellini thinks the suspension is exaggerated.

The Reckoning
06-27-2014, 09:35 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2110321-will-ferrell-in-recife-for-usmnt-rally-offers-to-bite-every-germany-player?utm_campaign=tsipad&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=facebook.com%3Fis_shared%3Dtrue?is_shar ed=true

it's me
06-27-2014, 09:37 AM
Dopo la stangata della Fifa a Luis Suarez, Giorgio Chiellini affida al suo sito internet le sensazioni del momento: "Non provo sentimenti di gioia, vendetta o rabbia contro Suarez per un incidente che è accaduto in campo ed è finito lì. Ho sempre considerato inequivocabili gli interventi disciplinari da parte degli organi competenti, ma credo che la formula proposta sia eccessiva", ha scritto. "Rimangono solo la rabbia e delusione per la partita persa - ha proseguito il difensore della Nazionale -. Al momento il mio unico pensiero è per Luis e la sua famiglia, perché si troveranno ad affrontare un periodo molto difficile". Nel dettaglio, Chiellini esprime grande perplessità sulla scelta della Fifa: "Spero sinceramente che gli sarà consentito, almeno, di stare vicino ai suoi compagni di squadra durante le partite perché tale divieto è davvero alienante per un giocatore".

I saw that too manuloco......FIFA is a joke.... Chiellini himself is saying it's excessive, and that it was a game situation that should have ended there.

I somehow disagree.... it did deserve some sort of punishment, but they went way too far IMO.

resistanze
06-27-2014, 09:51 AM
Chiellini is a fucking moron. He's the one that made the big speech essentially calling FIFA corrupt for protecting Suarez and he was the one screaming for action to be taken after the game. I guess he realized that Suarez is just a shitty person like he is, and feels some sort of solidarity now.

Muser
06-27-2014, 10:24 AM
I hope someone bites a Uruguayan player just so their faggot media have to go back on all this Suarez cock sucking

diego
06-27-2014, 10:43 AM
:lol This is what I meant by 'moving the goalposts'

If we're discussing just the world cup (which is completely arbitrary, since the FA is part of FIFA and Suarez himself has been banned before because of replay) - why did you bring up videos of Keane and Chiellini in their domestic league matches? You're not even been consistent with you own position. Are you now trying to claim that it's a precendent because it's the FIRST time Suarez has biten someone in an international match as opposed to a club match? :lmao

You argued there was no precendent before Suarez for using replays to punish players afterwards, and that's simply not true. He's not the first and won't be the last.

If you have a problem with the manner in which FIFA assesses them - this can be a valid point. I by no means think FIFA is perfect in their punishments. For Sakho? I don't know, maybe they've determined he was innocent and will announce it. And you can argue their system is flawed; but you cannot argue that there's not precedent in the way FIFA has handled Suarez using replays. I've shown this already. And I'm sorry, Suarez is biting another human being (for the third time) - there's not room for much interpretation in terms of intent.

In conmebol qualifiers, libertadores cup, and domestic leagues I can show you tons of incidents of nut punches and elbows away from the ball , I haven't because the world cup obviosy adheres to a different standard. (Off the top of my head last qualifiers, jara punched suarez in the balls on a corner, paulo guerero got his head cracked open by an elbow no foul called either play no sanction). I mentioned Keane to show the bias in the British media / FA, which you yourself acknowledged has a different process than FIFA. Its undeniable there are differences.

And for the third time, when I'm talking about Keane or chielini or materazzi or pepe etc my point has nothing to do with rules but to illustrate the difference in perception by fans, that accept defenders being extremely violent to the point of injuring others but call for a life ban for biting; the point isn't that biting is ok, but if Suarez is getting suspended 7, then 10, then 4 months / 9 games then how have butchers like the aforementioned gotten away with such little punishment?

I always acknowledged there was one world cup precedent the tossati elbow, which imo is an entirely different situation as it lead to a sub being wasted and a player injured and taken out of the game. But outside of that one incident what others are there? And a big part of my point has always been how arbitrary the judgment is. Sahko already got off Scott free, if there was an investigation it would have been announced. Same with the van bommel foul in 2010, if I had more time I'd look at more matches and surely find instances of punches elbows headbutts and grabs not sanctioned after the fact.

Nowhere in the FIFA sentence does it say Suarez is being punished for being a repeat offender. If he had been red carded (as he should have) he'd miss 3 games, he is getting triple plus a destic ban. And if it doesn't matter whether the ref called it on the field or not, why wasn't de jong and figo and so on upgraded too?

Same as with maradona. Plenty of other doping sanction, none as extreme as his- why?

hater
06-27-2014, 02:45 PM
I hope someone bites a Uruguayan player just so their faggot media have to go back on all this Suarez cock sucking

They never would. Them niggas baby Suarez even if that nigga raped they kids. Niggas have gone full retard

resistanze
06-27-2014, 02:58 PM
In conmebol qualifiers, libertadores cup, and domestic leagues I can show you tons of incidents of nut punches and elbows away from the ball , I haven't because the world cup obviosy adheres to a different standard. (Off the top of my head last qualifiers, jara punched suarez in the balls on a corner, paulo guerero got his head cracked open by an elbow no foul called either play no sanction). I mentioned Keane to show the bias in the British media / FA, which you yourself acknowledged has a different process than FIFA. Its undeniable there are differences.

And for the third time, when I'm talking about Keane or chielini or materazzi or pepe etc my point has nothing to do with rules but to illustrate the difference in perception by fans, that accept defenders being extremely violent to the point of injuring others but call for a life ban for biting; the point isn't that biting is ok, but if Suarez is getting suspended 7, then 10, then 4 months / 9 games then how have butchers like the aforementioned gotten away with such little punishment?

I always acknowledged there was one world cup precedent the tossati elbow, which imo is an entirely different situation as it lead to a sub being wasted and a player injured and taken out of the game. But outside of that one incident what others are there? And a big part of my point has always been how arbitrary the judgment is. Sahko already got off Scott free, if there was an investigation it would have been announced. Same with the van bommel foul in 2010, if I had more time I'd look at more matches and surely find instances of punches elbows headbutts and grabs not sanctioned after the fact.

Nowhere in the FIFA sentence does it say Suarez is being punished for being a repeat offender. If he had been red carded (as he should have) he'd miss 3 games, he is getting triple plus a destic ban. And if it doesn't matter whether the ref called it on the field or not, why wasn't de jong and figo and so on upgraded too?

Same as with maradona. Plenty of other doping sanction, none as extreme as his- why?

I don't know what to tell you. FIFA clearly said Suarez's past will be factored into this punishment.

Link: http://www.espnfc.com/uruguay/story/1913419/luis-suarez-past-biting-incidents-could-be-considered-by-fifa-in-world-cup-investigation

And it does matter if it's called on the field or not - only the FA to my knowledge can add additional punishment if the referee saw and dealt with the offense on the field (since November 2013). If you think that rule is stupid, that's OK. But it has nothing to do with Suarez. Suarez didn't get a lifelong ban, so I don't know why you're talking about that. But the truth is, most of the world finds biting players more appalling and insane then elbows and kicks (which cna be accidental or not). For doping, people have been banned for 6+ months recently (see Ferdinand and Kolo Toure to name a few).

Suarez got off easy. I don't know why you're trying to nitpick very old cases that may or may not have warranted punishment when I've shown you many that have been punished using video replay. On top of that, Suarez HIMSELF has been banned twice for biting after the use of replays...so how can you possibly think there's no precedent?

resistanze
06-27-2014, 02:59 PM

Better yet he needs to return and bite the Uruguayan coach's ear off in practice a la Mike Tyson.

lefty
06-27-2014, 03:40 PM
They never would. Them niggas baby Suarez even if that nigga raped they kids. Niggas have gone full retard
lol Liverpool offering a contract ot Suarez out of desperation :lol
EPL :lol
Need foreigners cuz their own players suck :lol

urunobili
06-28-2014, 04:51 PM
Just like predicted... congrats Colombia you were the better team :tu

Blizzardwizard
06-28-2014, 04:58 PM
lol Liverpool offering a contract ot Suarez out of desperation :lol
EPL :lol
Need foreigners cuz their own players suck :lol

They only suck when playing in the national team :lol