PDA

View Full Version : Ginobili: I'm in pain everywhere

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-24-2014, 11:59 PM
http://projectspurs.com/2014-articles/ginobili-i-have-pain-everywhere.html

Baam
06-25-2014, 12:10 AM
:lmao definition of throwing gasoline on a fire...

If you're going the world cup just go... Don't tell everyone how you're already hurting...

Malik Hairston
06-25-2014, 12:12 AM
:lol..resting for a few months wouldn't make any sense, certainly..

Ron Swanson
06-25-2014, 12:15 AM
This bitch will be 20+ pages in no time.

ducks
06-25-2014, 12:23 AM
This bitch will be 20+ pages in no time.

Spurs general manager R.C. Buford commented the reason Ginobili played at such a high level was due to the fact he sat out playing overseas last year after the Spurs fell short in the 2013 NBA Finals to rest his body and now fans are questioning his decision to play this summer.

but manu knows more then anyone from spurs front office or coach:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:rolleyes: rolleyes:greedy:greedy:greedy:greedy

ducks
06-25-2014, 12:25 AM
pop will have to bench manu 15 days right after allstar game if stays healthy that long

ducks
06-25-2014, 12:26 AM
no one can support manu for playing there when he is already hurt and at his age
younger and healthy you can defend him
NOW YOU CAN NOT

maybe he was smoking something in miama

TheGoldStandard
06-25-2014, 12:28 AM
Marco will be getting all his regular season minutes.

TheGreatYacht
06-25-2014, 12:28 AM
:lmao

Edit: :bang

100%duncan
06-25-2014, 12:29 AM
No shit

ducks
06-25-2014, 12:30 AM
Ginobili’s decision to play is very controversial for Spurs fans, but he knows the risk. Fans will just have to put their trust in Manu and hope for the best.

fans trusted him wanting td to be at to be able to repeat and td opted out to make sure they could only for brainless to try to do this

Juggity
06-25-2014, 12:31 AM
I'm sure he feels pretty obligated to play for argentina one last time, seeing as he spends so much time and effort contributing to an essentially American sport league, and this is his only opportunity to play for the benefit of his home country. I won't criticize him for making this decision as I'm sure he wrestled with it and ultimately it was his choice to make. If he values his national team's performance, it's definitely his right and privilege to contribute to it. That said, I have no doubt it will hurt his play next season given his advanced age.

ducks
06-25-2014, 12:33 AM
send them money DO NOT PLAY
offer to coach but do not play

SpurPadre
06-25-2014, 12:40 AM
I'm sure he feels pretty obligated to play for argentina one last time, seeing as he spends so much time and effort contributing to an essentially American sport league, and this is his only opportunity to play for the benefit of his home country. I won't criticize him for making this decision as I'm sure he wrestled with it and ultimately it was his choice to make. If he values his national team's performance, it's definitely his right and privilege to contribute to it. That said, I have no doubt it will hurt his play next season given his advanced age.

This...Well most of this, anyways. All indications I've heard through Spanish sports media is that they don't plan to play Manu that many minutes for Argentina. He's mostly going to be used as a motivator for the rest of the team.

DMX7
06-25-2014, 12:56 AM
:bang

TheGreatYacht
06-25-2014, 12:58 AM
fans trusted him wanting td to be at to be able to repeat and td opted out to make sure they could only for brainless to try to do this
what

xtremesteven33
06-25-2014, 01:01 AM
Hopefully this is all a ploy where he says hes gonna play and then mysteriously gets hurt and then not play. Win Win for Manu.

hater
06-25-2014, 01:08 AM
mother of God :pctoss

ElNono
06-25-2014, 01:35 AM
Can't wait till the tournament starts, tbh... get to see some more Tiago, Patty, Boris, Gino et all... :hungry:

smaka
06-25-2014, 03:20 AM
:lol
At least shut up and don't say stuff like that, Manu, if you already decided to play.

benefactor
06-25-2014, 05:49 AM
Doesn't matter.

Thumb has a ring.

Mel_13
06-25-2014, 05:51 AM
Manu just trollin' ST..

jag
06-25-2014, 06:48 AM
The Betrayal

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-25-2014, 06:57 AM
Wow, the tournament doesn't start until two months. If he can't recover from bumps and bruises in that time, he should just retire altogether. You guys need to get a grip.

CosmicCowboy
06-25-2014, 07:05 AM
Doesn't matter.

Thumb has a ring.

no it doesn't

cd98
06-25-2014, 07:10 AM
Maybe he's waiting until playing his last NT game before announcing his retirement.

aal04
06-25-2014, 07:10 AM
the reason Ginobili played at such a high level was due to the fact he sat out playing overseas last year after the Spurs fell short in the 2013 NBA Finals to rest his body and now fans are questioning his decision to play this summer.

Pretty sure game 7 of the finals doesnt constitute a "rest" because they didnt win

Clipper Nation
06-25-2014, 07:13 AM
Can't wait till the tournament starts, tbh... get to see some more Tiago, Patty, Boris, Gino et all... :hungry:
Will you be lodging the :cry "it still hurts" :cry excuse when Client becomes Turnobili again? :downspin:

r0drig0lac
06-25-2014, 07:16 AM
At least shut up and don't say stuff like that, Manu, if you already decided to play.
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirollin.gif this,
at least now we know he does not read in ST (or perhaps read)

phxspurfan
06-25-2014, 08:17 AM
Doesn't matter.

Thumb has a ring.

Yes

no it doesn't

Greedy

The news has left some Spurs fans unhappy,

Of course they never link to ST though

rodrigo
06-25-2014, 08:23 AM
In an interview with an Argentine website, Noticias Net on Monday

Source link? I can't find that interview...

littlecoyotecoin
06-25-2014, 08:54 AM
pop will have to bench manu 15 days right after allstar game if stays healthy that long

More like UNTIL the all star game.

CosmicCowboy
06-25-2014, 08:56 AM
Manu DOES NOT have 5 rings. Tim is the only one with 5.

DJR210
06-25-2014, 09:22 AM
Doesn't matter.

Thumb has a ring.

Duncan's and Pop's maybe.

kaji157
06-25-2014, 10:10 AM
That quote is mallicious and out of context. He doesn´t mean that he is literally in pain.

The quote in spanish was:
"Todavía no me siento ex jugador de Selección. No fue fácil tomar la decisión porque, a los casi 37 años, tengo dolores por todos lados."

Translation
"I don´t feel like an ex National Team player. It wasn´t an easy descition because, at 37 years old, i have pains everywhere."

Link: http://www.noticiasnet.com.ar/?se=65&id=180794&Gin%F3bili:-

He also said in the same article that:
"I´m not going to be all out during training camp, i just cat take a two month of full training. But i will try to be at my best for the tournament"

So as said before by other posters it seems tha Manu and Julio Lamas (Argentina NT coach) have agreed for him to have a smaller or lighter role.

itsamanuthree
06-25-2014, 10:17 AM
If Manu reads ST, then how can you expect him not to play for his NT, considering this board has been such an ungrateful, disrespectful bitch with him. XDDDD If I were Manu and I were to read all the motherfuckers hating on me here after giving this team everything I got year after year, the hell, I would take a shit on all your ungratefull demands and play for my NT.

flacura
06-25-2014, 10:26 AM
Ok, here we go again, new thread, boring, boring

Manu is the worst basketball player ever, the worst that has happened to Spurs, oh my god we must throw stones to Manu's face and to his wife Many too, he and his family must be banned from the USA, his house has to be burnt i believe and his 3 sons must suffer some kind of bullying from now on.

He also must return his rings and in the Spurs history books he and his achievements must be deleted. He will never be remebered. GINOBLI SUCKS

PERIOD,

CLOSE THIS BORING THREAD, PLEASE

benefactor
06-25-2014, 10:28 AM
Duncan's and Pop's maybe.
Was referring to the franchise, tbh.

ElNono
06-25-2014, 10:42 AM
Will you be lodging the :cry "it still hurts" :cry excuse when Client becomes Turnobili again? :downspin:

never been on that boat, tbh... I actually Believed in this team...

kaji157
06-25-2014, 10:43 AM
If Manu reads ST, then how can you expect him not to play for his NT, considering this board has been such an ungrateful, disrespectful bitch with him. XDDDD If I were Manu and I were to read all the motherfuckers hating on me here after giving this team everything I got year after year, the hell, I would take a shit on all your ungratefull demands and play for my NT.

The only thing that is left is anyone here to create a poll to see if all this Manu playing for his National Team is him getting back at the Spurs an the NBA for not giving him 2005 Finals MVP

Sixth Street
06-25-2014, 10:49 AM
This is such a non-issue. Pop can essentially keep Manu in bubble wrap until after the all-star break if need be.

ducks
06-25-2014, 11:17 AM
This is such a non-issue. Pop can essentially keep Manu in bubble wrap until after the all-star break if need be.

none issue WHY WHY does not rc agree with you
what happens if someone else gets injured and then manu is forced to play more and pop can not bubble wrap him

Trill Clinton
06-25-2014, 11:22 AM
meh i ran out of fake outrage over him playing for argentina. i hope pop keeps his ass nailed to the bench until after all star break. give his minutes to danny and patty.

Southwest Texas Fan
06-25-2014, 11:22 AM
Maybe we can introduce Manu to a cryogenicists prior to his departure from SA.

BatManu20
06-25-2014, 11:23 AM

:tu

The Betrayal

EVAY
06-25-2014, 11:32 AM
Doesn't it seem as though the "I have pain everywhere" would translate in English idiom to "I hurt all over"? Which is really nothing more than any of us say after an extremely taxing physical workout, which playing 100+ professional basketball games with the last 22 or so at a playoff intensity would qualify as 'taxing' for anyone.

I understand the concern that folks on here have about Manu since he has had so many injuries, and I think it is a valid concern.

I think of this as an economic transaction. Each Spurs player has exchanged 82-100+ basketball games of talent and effort in exchange for their salary. We, as fans, have gotten absolutely top effort from Manu for the season and post season. It's not clear to me that we have any right to expect any more from him.

The contracts for all of these basketball players on every team allows for international play. Therefore, it is something that the players' union negotiated for and got.
That is the contract.

Of course, I always like ANY player playing for his national team. I just think it is a mark of good character.

Kool Bob Love
06-25-2014, 11:36 AM
:flag:
Thank you manu for putting everything into #5. You hurt now but it was damn worth it.

enjoy playing with your buddies this summer. :tu

FromWayDowntown
06-25-2014, 11:44 AM
Feel pretty confident that these statements:

Ginobili’s decision to play is very controversial for Spurs fans, but he knows the risk. Fans will just have to put their trust in Manu and hope for the best.

were not actually written by the person who wrote this:

That, or ducks has a Miami Heat-like on/off switch.

Stabula
06-25-2014, 11:46 AM
Ok, here we go again, new thread, boring, boring

Manu is the worst basketball player ever, the worst that has happened to Spurs, oh my god we must throw stones to Manu's face and to his wife Many too, he and his family must be banned from the USA, his house has to be burnt i believe and his 3 sons must suffer some kind of bullying from now on.

He also must return his rings and in the Spurs history books he and his achievements must be deleted. He will never be remebered. GINOBLI SUCKS

PERIOD,

CLOSE THIS BORING THREAD, PLEASE

Shut up faggot.

Now that that's settled, why does Ginobili give two shits about Argentina? Him being Argentinian is only technical, the guy is fucking Italian just look at him and his last name.

Spurs 4 The Win
06-25-2014, 11:55 AM

Translation pls :lol

Spurs 4 The Win
06-25-2014, 12:00 PM

:lmao

Pocho La Pantera
06-25-2014, 12:04 PM
Shut up faggot.

Now that that's settled, why does Ginobili give two shits about Argentina? Him being Argentinian is only technical, the guy is fucking Italian just look at him and his last name.ignorant and retard, wauuuu

benefactor
06-25-2014, 12:05 PM

:lol...ducks forgot to hit the "engage shtick" button.

mavsfan1000
06-25-2014, 12:23 PM
All those flops take its toll.

spurraider21
06-25-2014, 12:54 PM

http://cjzero.com/gifs/ManuAsPopNooooSlow.gif

Whisky Dog
06-25-2014, 12:55 PM
Does Manu's decision to play for what amounts to nothing for Argentina show that the repeat isn't a big deal to him? Since TD is coming back I figured it would be a big deal, otherwise he could have just pulled a DRob and walked on top.

Biernutz
06-25-2014, 12:56 PM
"I am in pain everywhere" welcome to middle age Manu.....

Sixth Street
06-25-2014, 01:42 PM
none issue WHY WHY does not rc agree with you
what happens if someone else gets injured and then manu is forced to play more and pop can not bubble wrap him

Pop isn't going to burn out Manu in the early months of the season no matter who else gets injured.

itsamanuthree
06-25-2014, 01:42 PM

LOL, that was good! very good... who's writing posts for ducks?

itsamanuthree
06-25-2014, 01:44 PM
:flag:
Thank you manu for putting everything into #5. You hurt now but it was damn worth it.

enjoy playing with your buddies this summer. :tu

:toast

itsamanuthree
06-25-2014, 01:46 PM
The only thing that is left is anyone here to create a poll to see if all this Manu playing for his National Team is him getting back at the Spurs an the NBA for not giving him 2005 Finals MVP

I don't think I'm following

MB20
06-25-2014, 02:19 PM
Non issue

Skull-1
06-25-2014, 03:36 PM
He's gonna be in more pain when Timmeh throttles him next year....

Johnny RIngo
06-25-2014, 03:52 PM
37 year olds shouldn't be playing off-season bball. Everyone in the Argentina basketball federation needs to be fired - bunch of fucking idiots. Horrible coach and youth development.

jARS mEsH sEt
06-25-2014, 04:06 PM
37 year olds shouldn't be playing off-season bball. Everyone in the Argentina basketball federation needs to be fired - bunch of fucking idiots. Horrible coach and youth development.

I say we start by banning every last insufferable Manutard on this board :toast

Johnny RIngo
06-25-2014, 04:11 PM

TBH, I'm not even blaming this one on Manu. From the sounds of it, Manu was on the fence about playing this summer until the Argy coach pressured him into it.

Pocho La Pantera
06-25-2014, 05:46 PM
37 year olds shouldn't be playing off-season bball. Everyone in the Argentina basketball federation needs to be fired - bunch of fucking idiots. Horrible coach and youth development.exactly

Thebesteva
06-25-2014, 05:47 PM
It may be time folks

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTI2MTcwNjAwNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTYzODAzMQ@@._ V1_SY317_CR4,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Vito Corleone
06-25-2014, 06:09 PM
Has anyone considered the idea that just because he is playing for the national team he might not actually play much at all. He might be there as more of a emotional life and coach for the team rather than a player. Now if he plays a lot of minutes then I'm on board that this was a bad decision. Also keep in mind his goals after he retires is to go back to Argentina and grow the sport, this will give him the opportunity to see some of the younger players up close.

therealtruth
06-25-2014, 06:19 PM
Maybe that has something to do with us not repeating. Have we only won championships in years he sat out?

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
06-25-2014, 07:39 PM
:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Skull-1
06-25-2014, 08:28 PM

TheGreatYacht
06-25-2014, 08:39 PM

SupremeGuy
06-25-2014, 10:11 PM
Not only is he basically telling the Spurs and their fans that he doesn't give a shit about repeating by playing this summer, but now he's going around making incredibly stupid comments. What a bitch, tbh. Looks like we're back to turnobili next year. Fuck.

Brazil
06-25-2014, 10:53 PM
The betrayal is strong in this one

Brazil
06-25-2014, 10:54 PM
:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

The betrayal

MmP
06-25-2014, 11:10 PM
Is this thread actually going anywhere ?

Venti Quattro
06-25-2014, 11:11 PM
I can imagine timvp saying this

:cry :cry It still hurts :cry :cry I'm in pain everywhere :cry :cry

ElNono
06-25-2014, 11:12 PM
I can imagine timvp saying this

:cry :cry It still hurts :cry :cry I'm in pain everywhere :cry :cry

Mel_13
06-25-2014, 11:12 PM
Is this thread actually going anywhere ?

Certainly not anywhere worthwhile.

btw-you need to update the text above your avatar.

HI-FI
06-25-2014, 11:15 PM
we've seen this movie already. he'll blow another championship, call his performance "so-so", his agent will say it was "average", then if he somehow helps Spurs win another ring, he'll finally come clean about fucking things up.

SupremeGuy
06-25-2014, 11:18 PM
Is this thread actually going anywhere ?It's leading the way to multiple 5+ TOs a game in the playoffs, tbh.

EIC
06-25-2014, 11:33 PM
Aaaaaannnndddd, I'm back to disliking Turnobili.

Skull-1
06-26-2014, 12:39 AM
Aaaaaannnndddd, I'm back to disliking Turnobili.

Yep, me, too. What a disloyal, selfish little dbag. His ego is outracing his body again...

TMTTRIO
06-26-2014, 02:35 AM
This is why I wish Manu would've retired now just so that the haters would go away and start complaining about something other than Manu. I'm sick of it. He can't do anything right. So who's going to be the next target after he hangs it up this season. I don't like it but Manu doesn't have much of a choice knowing that they're really lacking any talent after the remaining guys. This is why Manu has said after he retires he's going to work on development over there.

jARS mEsH sEt
06-26-2014, 03:00 AM
This is why I wish Manu would've retired now just so that the haters would go away and start complaining about something other than Manu. I'm sick of it. He can't do anything right. So who's going to be the next target after he hangs it up this season. I don't like it but Manu doesn't have much of a choice knowing that they're really lacking any talent after the remaining guys. This is why Manu has said after he retires he's going to work on development over there.

Sure he does. He has a choice to not play and actually rest his body. Argentina isn't winning shit with or without him.

SupremeGuy
06-26-2014, 05:54 AM
This is why I wish Manu would've retired now just so that the haters would go away and start complaining about something other than Manu. I'm sick of it. He can't do anything right. So who's going to be the next target after he hangs it up this season. I don't like it but Manu doesn't have much of a choice knowing that they're really lacking any talent after the remaining guys. This is why Manu has said after he retires he's going to work on development over there.The fuck are you talking about? He could easily say "hey guys I'm fucking old and my body needs the summer to rest so I can give it one more go at an NBA championship, and since, and let's be honest here, we're not winning shit either way, I think it's the smartest thing to do."

MmP
06-26-2014, 07:47 AM
Certainly not anywhere worthwhile.

btw-you need to update the text above your avatar.

Yes, and put Kawhi in the avatar as well. :downspin:

kaji157
06-26-2014, 09:48 AM
Some need to settle here. If we could overcome Tony Parker playing three straight years for his NT we can overcome Manu´s now that Tony is good.
The problem with Manu is that when he sucked no one bailed him out, while when others sucked Manu did bail them out more sooner (2005) but also later (First round vs Mavs).

Skull-1
06-26-2014, 11:35 AM
Sure he does. He has a choice to not play and actually rest his body. Argentina isn't winning shit with or without him.

The fuck are you talking about? He could easily say "hey guys I'm fucking old and my body needs the summer to rest so I can give it one more go at an NBA championship, and since, and let's be honest here, we're not winning shit either way, I think it's the smartest thing to do."

Exactly. He has no choice but he is CHOOSING to play for Argentina.... Hmmmm.....

Skull-1
06-26-2014, 11:35 AM
Some need to settle here. If we could overcome Tony Parker playing three straight years for his NT we can overcome Manu´s now that Tony is good.
The problem with Manu is that when he sucked no one bailed him out, while when others sucked Manu did bail them out more sooner (2005) but also later (First round vs Mavs).

Tony is 31 not 65.

Jordanobili2320
06-26-2014, 12:13 PM
LOL giving up on a guy who just helped us win a ring and had a redemption playoffs. Bunch of idiots on here, none of you understand his situation or can relate to it so just fuck off about it tbh. You all sound so fucking spoiled its pathetic. Spurs won literally not even 2 weeks ago. GROW UP.

Skull-1
06-26-2014, 12:35 PM
^^^^^Lack of substance meltdown post.... :lol

xmas1997
06-26-2014, 02:10 PM
^^^^^Lack of substance meltdown post.... :lol

Maybe you might nave missed it but the Spurs WON the championship this year with TEAM play.

Juggity
06-26-2014, 02:24 PM
Maybe you might nave missed it but the Spurs WON the championship this year with TEAM play.

Which wouldn't have been possible without a healthy, well-rested Ginobili.

ElNono
06-26-2014, 02:49 PM

:lol the haters never mattered... Gino will be fine.

xmas1997
06-26-2014, 02:54 PM
:lol the haters never mattered... Gino will be fine.

My sentiments exactly.