PDA

View Full Version : Kings: Basketball Reference Per 100 possessions

TheSanityAnnex
06-25-2014, 11:25 AM
Eliminates minutes played and pace out of the equation.

:wow
DeMarcus Cousins 35.7pts (.555TS%) 18.4reb 4.6ast 2.4stl 2.0blk 5.6TO

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/couside01.html

Number of minutes played should continue to rise as he cuts down on fouls and conditioning gets better. Compare to some of the best big men of all time, and remember this kid is only 23.

Thread
06-25-2014, 11:29 AM

Number of minutes played should continue to rise as he cuts down on fouls and conditioning gets better. Compare to some of the best big men of all time, and remember this kid is only 23.

He's a lunatic. If he's alive in 3 years it'll be a miracle on one hand & an awful yoke upon the populace on the other.

Koolaid_Man
06-25-2014, 11:30 AM

My question is who is he playing against? :lol

Spur-Addict
06-25-2014, 11:34 AM
Never questioned his talent, just his mental stability. He needs to learn self control. They need veteran, respected, talented guards. Especially a PG in this mold to lead this fool until he's mature enough to take the reins.

Thread
06-25-2014, 11:35 AM
My question is who is he playing against? :lol

A pair of dice.

Koolaid_Man
06-25-2014, 11:36 AM
A pair of dice.

:lmao....

Thread
Never questioned his talent, just his mental stability. He needs to learn self control. They need veteran, respected, talented guards.

Or, a rubber room & straight jacket.

Thread
:lmao....

I still got it!!!

Koolaid_Man
06-25-2014, 11:37 AM
I would love this crazy ass kid on the Lakers....he's someone that opposing players know not to fuck with....:lol

Spur-Addict
06-25-2014, 11:40 AM
Or, a rubber room & straight jacket.

He's an unguided child with emotional issues in a mans body.

Thread
06-25-2014, 11:48 AM
He's an unguided child with emotional issues in a mans body.

Don't start the pedo shit this morning, Addy. I'm not in the mood.

Spur-Addict
06-25-2014, 11:48 AM
Don't start the pedo shit this morning, Addy. I'm not in the mood.

:rolleyes

Thread
06-25-2014, 11:56 AM
:rolleyes

I think subconsciously you were trying to bait me like that guy on MSNBC.

TheSanityAnnex
06-25-2014, 11:59 AM
Never questioned his talent, just his mental stability. He needs to learn self control. They need veteran, respected, talented guards. Especially a PG in this mold to lead this fool until he's mature enough to take the reins.

He's making progress on the mental side, the casual fan doesn't see this though. I'm really hoping we can somehow land Rondo. Cousins needs a vet PG who can actually get him the ball where he wants it, not some 5'9" chucker who's always looking to be a hero. If no Rondo I'm really hoping for Elfrid Payton.

Spur-Addict
06-25-2014, 12:02 PM
He's making progress on the mental side, the casual fan doesn't see this though. I'm really hoping we can somehow land Rondo. Cousins needs a vet PG who can actually get him the ball where he wants it, not some 5'9" chucker who's always looking to be a hero. If no Rondo I'm really hoping for Elfrid Payton.

Yeah I don't watch the Kings with any consistency, that I can admit. It's funny you mention Rondo, my friend and I just had a discussion about Rondo being in Sac. Makes too much sense for the Kings, thus it is unlikely to happen. They're more fixated on Josh Fucking Smith. And, knowing Boston, they'd require a lot in return.

Thread
06-25-2014, 12:03 PM
I'm really hoping we can somehow land Rondo.

Oh, yeah, that'll work out real well. Sounds like an ESPN prompt. You should coin it before they see this and claim it as their own and set it next to the James will return to Cleveland story 2 minutes after The Decision.

TheSanityAnnex
06-25-2014, 12:07 PM
Yeah I don't watch the Kings with any consistency, that I can admit. It's funny you mention Rondo, my friend and I just had a discussion about Rondo being in Sac. Makes too much sense for the Kings, thus it is unlikely to happen. They're more fixated on Josh Fucking Smith. And, knowing Boston, they'd require a lot in return.

Smith and Rondo are good friends. My thinking is they are going after both with that in mind.

Spur-Addict
06-25-2014, 12:30 PM
Smith and Rondo are good friends. My thinking is they are going after both with that in mind.

Hypothetically, after Smith is acquired, what real bargaining chips would be left? Especially once the rest of the league knows Rondo is up for grabs.

TheSanityAnnex
06-25-2014, 12:37 PM
Hypothetically, after Smith is acquired, what real bargaining chips would be left? Especially once the rest of the league knows Rondo is up for grabs.

#8/McLemore/????

Depending on who falls in the draft and who the Celtics are targeting it may be enough.

Malik Hairston
06-25-2014, 12:38 PM
Cousins's on/off metrics improved this year, offensively, a sign that he's learning how to actually play basketball, although I'm not sure he will be able to fulfill his potential without being taught by a good coach or solid veterans(in addition to his questionable mental fortitude)..

Defensively, he's absolutely awful, tbh, needs a ton of work on that end..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-25-2014, 12:41 PM
#8/McLemore/????

Depending on who falls in the draft and who the Celtics are targeting it may be enough.

:lol

you guys just drafted him last year.. develop your talent, dude

Spur-Addict
06-25-2014, 12:50 PM
#8/McLemore/????

So we're implying that Detroit would accept a bunch of mid level talent in a pure salary dump for Smith? Possible, if they receive pick(s) as well. At that point depending on pick trading rules there may be a restriction, not sure.

TheSanityAnnex
06-25-2014, 01:05 PM
Cousins's on/off metrics improved this year, offensively, a sign that he's learning how to actually play basketball, although I'm not sure he will be able to fulfill his potential without being taught by a good coach or solid veterans(in addition to his questionable mental fortitude)..

Defensively, he's absolutely awful, tbh, needs a ton of work on that end..

His defense definitely needs work, and I don't think it would look as bad if the guards didn't allow so much penetration. He takes a ton of charges, more than any other big man in the league so he's at least got that going for him on the defensive end.

TheSanityAnnex
06-25-2014, 01:06 PM

you guys just drafted him last year.. develop your talent, dudeSG's are a dime a dozen. I'd ship him off in an instant for Rondo then sign Anthony Morrow.

TheSanityAnnex
06-25-2014, 01:07 PM
So we're implying that Detroit would accept a bunch of mid level talent in a pure salary dump for Smith? Possible, if they receive pick(s) as well. At that point depending on pick trading rules there may be a restriction, not sure.That's what was rumored yesterday. Thompson/Williams for Smith.

Spur-Addict
06-25-2014, 01:14 PM
SG's are a dime a dozen. I'd ship him off in an instant for Rondo then sign Anthony Morrow.

Which also substantiates my claim to having better suitors for Rondo given the hypothetical proposal.

TheSanityAnnex
06-25-2014, 01:21 PM
Which also substantiates my claim to having better suitors for Rondo given the hypothetical proposal.

True, but what teams other than the Kings are willing to give up this years pick #8 and last years #5 pick for only 1 guaranteed year of Rondo? That is why the whole Smith thing makes sense, gets Rondo to sign an extension.

Spur-Addict
06-25-2014, 01:28 PM
True, but what teams other than the Kings are willing to give up this years pick #8 and last years #5 pick for only 1 guaranteed year of Rondo? That is why the whole Smith thing makes sense, gets Rondo to sign an extension.

The fact that Mac was last years 5th pick means nothing. It's about perceived value of Mac. What Rondo would do in certain scenarios is uncertain, he may be inclined to sign an extension with particular teams (especially seeing as how he recently came off a significant injury), and not so much with others. Boston may value expiring contracts more so than a young SG. And I'm sure there are other teams willing to give up their first round pick for a proven commodity. A lot of factors play into this potential situation, and once they start to surface there will be a better view of the situation.

baseline bum
06-25-2014, 01:32 PM

With Smith and Rondo in the starting lineup expect to see Cousins getting double-teamed relentlessly.

baseline bum
06-25-2014, 01:47 PM
TSA man, why do you even want Rondo? He's a china doll, a malcontent, he is a horrible shooter, and his PER has dropped to the level of just average NBA player with no Pierce and Garnett to stat-whore assist numbers to. On top of that it's not like he's 23 or 24, dude is 28 now. So there is no real untapped potential in his game. I don't think he's worth that contract at all, but someone will probably throw stupid money at him next summer because of past glory. I do love Rondo's defense, but for $13 million I'd rather go after Bledsoe (not that I think he's worth that kind of money either).

Buddy Mignon
06-25-2014, 01:54 PM
I'd take him over Pau.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-25-2014, 01:55 PM
TSA man, why do you even want Rondo? He's a china doll, a malcontent, he is a horrible shooter, and his PER has dropped to the level of just average NBA player with no Pierce and Garnett to stat-whore assist numbers to.

Uses stats with his teammates to show why he is overrated. Uses talent from this year Celtics team to show he's on a decline..

Pure logic.

spurraider21
06-25-2014, 02:07 PM

Uses stats with his teammates to show why he is overrated. Uses talent from this year Celtics team to show he's on a decline..

Pure logic.
he's showing that rondo's numbers and perceived impact dropped drastically when the true stars of the team left.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-25-2014, 02:12 PM
he's showing that rondo's numbers and perceived impact dropped drastically when the true stars of the team left.
Who was Boston's top option? I'll wait.

robdo put up good numbers after a legit injury. He's a top PG with literally no weapons.

spurraider21
06-25-2014, 02:16 PM

robdo put up good numbers after a legit injury. He's a top PG with literally no weapons.
look at Nash's numbers on Phoenix, and realize that he didn't have Amare for all but 3 games in 05-06. his production didn't dip, and amare was undoubtedly the top scorer on the team and was half of the pick and roll duo that the league couldn't deal with. rondo grew up on a team with 3 hall of famers. when you're the point guard on a team like that, you will look good. rondo has skill, but i dont think he's a franchise guy

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-25-2014, 02:19 PM
look at Nash's numbers on Phoenix, and realize that he didn't have Amare for all but 3 games in 05-06. his production didn't dip, and amare was undoubtedly the top scorer on the team and was half of the pick and roll duo that the league couldn't deal with. rondo grew up on a team with 3 hall of famers. when you're the point guard on a team like that, you will look good. rondo has skill, but i dont think he's a franchise guy
:lol comparing 05 Suns to this Celtic team.

The great rotation of Sullinger-Gerald Wallace-Bradley-Olys-Humphries with a rookie coach

baseline bum
06-25-2014, 02:22 PM

Rondo put up the numbers of an average NBA player. I can't believe how many people here used to rate him over Parker.

spurraider21
06-25-2014, 02:22 PM
:lol comparing 05 Suns to this Celtic team.

The great rotation of Sullinger-Gerald Wallace-Bradley-Olys-Humphries with a rookie coach
i didn't compare the teams. i'm pointing out that your point guard's production shouldn't be that reliant on the roster. the 06 suns just lost Joe Johnson to free agency and Amare Stoudemire to injury, but Nash's production didn't dip

Blake
06-25-2014, 02:24 PM

But is he better than Diaw

Leetonidas
06-25-2014, 02:57 PM
SG's are a dime a dozen. I'd ship him off in an instant for Rondo then sign Anthony Morrow.

Not good ones tbh

TheSanityAnnex
06-25-2014, 03:16 PM
With Smith and Rondo in the starting lineup expect to see Cousins getting double-teamed relentlessly.Already happens regularly.

TheSanityAnnex
06-25-2014, 03:21 PM
TSA man, why do you even want Rondo? He's a china doll, a malcontent, he is a horrible shooter, and his PER has dropped to the level of just average NBA player with no Pierce and Garnett to stat-whore assist numbers to. On top of that it's not like he's 23 or 24, dude is 28 now. So there is no real untapped potential in his game. I don't think he's worth that contract at all, but someone will probably throw stupid money at him next summer because of past glory. I do love Rondo's defense, but for $13 million I'd rather go after Bledsoe (not that I think he's worth that kind of money either).I'd rather have Bledsoe too but Phoenix laughed at the Thomas/#8 offer a week ago.

Rondo fits the Kings needs, plays great defense, gets the star the ball, and won't take shots away from Cousins and Gay. Sacramento has to over pay to get talent, that's just how it is for us.

TheSanityAnnex
06-25-2014, 03:24 PM
Not good ones tbh

Very true. Weakest position in the league right now. Mclemore didn't show much of anything last year, that's why I mentioned signing Morrow.

Chris
06-25-2014, 04:03 PM
He's a lunatic. If he's alive in 3 years it'll be a miracle on one hand & an awful yoke upon the populace on the other.

Thread

Leetonidas
06-25-2014, 04:24 PM
Very true. Weakest position in the league right now. Mclemore didn't show much of anything last year, that's why I mentioned signing Morrow.

Yeah McLemore was severely disappointing not unlike a lot of that shitty draft class. Anthony Morrow is a dead eye shooter and if the Kings try to go the Cousins/Smith/Gay/Rondo route or any variation of it they're gonna need some floor spacers real bad