PDA

View Full Version : Sony PSP

SpursFanDan
08-18-2005, 01:31 AM
Does anyone own one? If so, is it worth three hundred?

SpursFanDan
08-18-2005, 01:36 AM
yeah, it kinda sucks, thats why I want to know if its worth it. But the 300 is just for the system and some other random crap, all the other stuff like the memory card will burn a hole in your pocket.

SpursFanDan
08-18-2005, 01:36 AM
Wait, maybe it does come with a memory card, but its only 32 megs I think.

SpursFanDan
08-18-2005, 01:46 AM
I just watched a trailer for the madden 06, and it looks really good for a handheld.

TheTruth
08-18-2005, 01:48 AM
My little bro has one I think. I'll check it out and let you know.

Useruser666
08-18-2005, 07:39 AM
Yeah, now you can RE-BUY all your movies AGAIN for the PSP. Waste of money. At Best buy the PSP is like $250 by itself, no games. Then you pay $50 for a package of accessaries, $50 for the 2 year warranty, and THEN $50 for each game you want! Not to mention the movies you can get for it are more than the DVD versions of the same films. Example: Hitch was selling for @24.99 on the PSP!

ObiwanGinobili
08-18-2005, 07:54 AM
PSP is ok if your som 15-19 yr old hs/college student who doesn't have thier own home and spends alot of downtime on buses, in parks, cafeterias etc etc.

But if your a full grown adult there's no reason to own one no matter how "cool" it is.
You have your own apt/house with your own TV and your own PS2.:tu :tu
Why spend another $300 plus more $$ for more memory plus more $$ for the same games you allready got plus more $$ for movies you allready got....... :bang.
It's ridicules.

SpursFanDan
08-18-2005, 01:26 PM
why spend three hundred? but I'm rich biatch

Horry For 3!
08-18-2005, 01:44 PM
I have a playstation....wherever it is.

hendrix
08-18-2005, 01:58 PM
I saw Kenny go to heaven thanks to the PSP.

tlongII
08-18-2005, 02:05 PM
I don't play those fucking stupid video games so I don't own a PS3, PS2, PS, or a PSP. However, I have idiot friends that do own PSP's and they love it. They play with it all the time on business trips. I play with myself.

nickbroken
08-18-2005, 02:24 PM
Yeah I bought one and it was a total waste of cash, I think it's collecting dust somewhere....that's what I get when I only place pc games anyways.

T Park
08-18-2005, 02:25 PM
Its great for roadtrips, and its good for if you have a job like mine, where if your stuck somewhere supervising but its not busy, it passes the time wonderfully.

I fully recommend it.

Dont listen to sticks in the mud like User....

Useruser666
08-18-2005, 02:49 PM
Its great for roadtrips, and its good for if you have a job like mine, where if your stuck somewhere supervising but its not busy, it passes the time wonderfully.

I fully recommend it.

Yeah, don't listen to me. Listen to T park who has the money to shell out a lot of extra money to "kill time". I'd atleast wait and see if the price goes down.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-18-2005, 02:56 PM
i think it is stuipd that they make special discs for psp movie viewing, i mean when will you be in a situation to only be able to watch psp movies and not real dvd player movies

except maybe on a plane or something

SpursFanDan
08-18-2005, 02:59 PM
If buying movies bother you that much, I'd just download them, legally of course, then copy it to the memory stick. This works well with tv shows.

SpursWoman
08-18-2005, 03:05 PM

Umm, TPark...a lot of people buy shit like that without a good grasp of what it all costs and then get stuck, which really sucks when you don't have that much to throw around in the first place. A lot of people I know think it plays REGULAR DVD's. Not the case.

Also, not that many people have that much free time to take full advantage of it. For me, it would absolutely NOT be worth the money. I don't sit on my ass for that long of a period of time, unless I'm at work.

User (the stick in the mud) bought my son a DS when it first came out...it's great and all of that, but there aren't that many games out for it still, which means that there certainly isn't many cheap or used ones out. The one good thing, though, is that it plays Gameboy Advance games, which he had.

SpursFanDan
08-18-2005, 03:10 PM
They just dropped the price of the ds to 129, I guess they did this to distract people, since they announced that the new zelda won't be out till 2006. What happened to nintendo? Now they're gonna sell a gameboy micro for 99 bucks. Give me a break, the revolution is gonna suck.

SpursWoman
08-18-2005, 03:16 PM
They just dropped the price of the ds to 129, I guess they did this to distract people, since they announced that the new zelda won't be out till 2006. What happened to nintendo? Now they're gonna sell a gameboy micro for 99 bucks. Give me a break, the revolution is gonna suck.

See? How much longer will it be before the PSP drops from $250? A little patience pays. By Christmas time you'll be getting them with free accessories, or games or both. :lol

Useruser666
08-18-2005, 03:23 PM
If buying movies bother you that much, I'd just download them, legally of course, then copy it to the memory stick. This works well with tv shows.

Good luck with that......

PSP adopts a small but high-capacity optical medium UMD (Universal Media Disc), enabling game software, rich with full-motion video and other forms of digital entertainment content, to be stored. The newly developed UMD, the next-generation compact storage media, is only 60mm in diameter but can store up to 1.8GB of digital data. A broad range of digital entertainment content such as music video clips, movies and sports programs can be provided on UMD. To protect this entertainment content, a robust copyright protection system has been developed which utilizes a combination of a unique disc ID, a 128 bit AES encryption keys for the media, and individual ID for each PSP hardware unit.

SCEI intends to aggressively promote PSP and UMD as the new handheld entertainment platform for the coming era.

And Sony memory sticks aren't the cheapest things either.

SpursFanDan
08-18-2005, 03:26 PM
Don't worry, I'm fully aware of the specs. But it can be done.

Useruser666
08-18-2005, 05:10 PM
Don't worry, I'm fully aware of the specs. But it can be done.

Did you hear about somebody who loaded Windows 95 on it yet?

SpursFanDan
08-18-2005, 05:18 PM
yeah.. and they also loaded linux on it. And you can emulate, play the old nintendo games on it.

Mixability
08-18-2005, 05:22 PM
I have a Gameboy Advance already and it's great and a real compact gaming console, not like that huge PSP. Just an updated Game Gear in my eyes. The Game Gear had better graphics than the original Game Boy, but look how that turned out. I predict that the PSP will go south just like the Sega machine, while the new Game Boy will dominate for years to come.

SpursFanDan
08-18-2005, 05:25 PM
The game gear died because it took six AA batteries. And you could only play for about an hour. I agree that the gameboy advance will be around for along time, its survived this long, why wouldnt it survive for many years after.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
08-18-2005, 05:28 PM
yeah, it kinda sucks, thats why I want to know if its worth it. But the 300 is just for the system and some other random crap, all the other stuff like the memory card will burn a hole in your pocket.

I'l sell you my psp, with 3 games (Tony Hawk, Twisted Metal, NBA) a 512 memory card, plus the stuff that came with the psp package for $350, if you want to buy one.

E20
08-18-2005, 08:02 PM
The thing that I think is the coolest is you can download SNES/SEGA ROMS and upload them to a blank UMD and install a BIOS software to your PSP allowing it to play old console games. I'm pretty sure some people will make it so that you can upload PSX games aswell.