PDA

View Full Version : Tyson Chandler back to Mavs...

BlackSilver
06-25-2014, 06:11 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11135060/dallas-mavericks-talks-acquire-tyson-chandler-raymond-felton-new-york-knicks

BlackSilver
06-25-2014, 06:14 PM
The Dallas Mavericks (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/dal/dallas-mavericks) have reacquired center Tyson Chandler (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/984/tyson-chandler) from the New York Knicks (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/ny/new-york-knicks), sources have confirmed to ESPN.com's Marc Stein and Jeff Goodman.
The Mavericks, who immediately made reacquiring Chandler one of their priorities after their first-round playoff exit against San Antonio, have completed a trade with the Knicks that was clinched by agreeing to take back the contract of New York's out-of-favor guard Raymond Felton (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2753/raymond-felton) as well.
The trade cost Dallas two starters -- point guard Jose Calderon (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2806/jose-calderon) and center Samuel Dalembert (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/991/samuel-dalembert) -- along with prized young point guard Shane Larkin (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2596158/shane-larkin), reserve guard Wayne Ellington (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3981/wayne-ellington) and the 34th and 51st picks in Thursday's draft.

ironman2886
06-25-2014, 06:14 PM
Idiots for letting Chandler go in the first place.

BlackSilver
06-25-2014, 06:15 PM
What's up with the Mavs trading two guys that gave us difficulties at the time: Devin Harris and Tyson Chandler. Nice of them to wait till they're past their prime before bringing them back...

BatManu20
06-25-2014, 06:16 PM
Phil cleaning house in NY. Chandler owed $15 million this season but is a FA next summer. Mavs trying to make moves to persuade Melo to come to Dallas imo. Sucks they had to give up both of their draft picks in a deep draft though.

hater
06-25-2014, 06:17 PM
Champs

Andthentherewas21
06-25-2014, 06:18 PM
Ironic given the whole reason Cuban didn't want to pay Chandler originally was because of the number of years he was demanding and his injury potential. Now he picks up his contract 3 years and several injuries later

montgod
06-25-2014, 06:18 PM
I love the trade for the Spurs. Yes they upgraded one popcorn foul machine for another (Chandler for Dalembert), but seriously downgraded their PG position with Felton for Calderon (did well vs the Spurs) and Larkin (could have been a nice find after he healed up).

Prime Time
06-25-2014, 06:26 PM
Never underestimate the mind of Carlisle.

TheGoldStandard
06-25-2014, 06:29 PM
Chandler is almost corpse status.

BacktoBasics
06-25-2014, 06:38 PM
I love the trade for the Spurs. Yes they upgraded one popcorn foul machine for another (Chandler for Dalembert), but seriously downgraded their PG position with Felton for Calderon (did well vs the Spurs) and Larkin (could have been a nice find after he healed up).It'll free Dirk up a bit but at this point in his career and the state of their roster really isn't anything overly troublesome. Despite the round 1 push.

SilverSpur
06-25-2014, 06:44 PM
Great news for us. Dallas well never have a consistent team, the way they are always making moves. Cuban tries really hard, I love his passion and effort but just to many trades and different line ups.
If he ever decides to build a team for the long haul and build from scratch with youth and talent, building a team using the draft and the D leauge, then I would be worried.
Till then, SPURS WIN AGAIN!!

therealtruth
06-25-2014, 06:50 PM
They should have kept him in '11. But they had to go for DWill and DHoward.

therealtruth
06-25-2014, 06:51 PM
Ironic given the whole reason Cuban didn't want to pay Chandler originally was because of the number of years he was demanding and his injury potential. Now he picks up his contract 3 years and several injuries later

Nope that wasn't the issue. In fact he offered him 20mil for 1 season. The issue was the Mavs wanted flexibility to go after free agents they weren't able to acquire (mainly Deron and Dwight).

Andthentherewas21
06-25-2014, 07:01 PM
Nope that wasn't the issue. In fact he offered him 20mil for 1 season. The issue was the Mavs wanted flexibility to go after free agents they weren't able to acquire (mainly Deron and Dwight).

Exactly, he didn't mind paying him but he didn't want the years on it. Chasing FAs was apart of that, sure, but one of the reasons they decided to go that route was because they had concerns about Chandler's long-term health.

bigfan
06-25-2014, 07:11 PM
Overpayed but a pretty darn good player. Probably a good move for both teams.

elemento
06-25-2014, 07:31 PM
Don't underrate a motivated good player, in the right system with the right coach. Ask Boris Diaw.

Tyson Chandler was the 2nd most important player of that 2011 Mavs team.

It's a good addition and it's clearly a message to Melo that they're serious about winning.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
06-25-2014, 07:36 PM
"It's too late, baby, now it's too late" - Carole King

stephen jackson
06-25-2014, 07:41 PM
Don't underrate a motivated good player, in the right system with the right coach. Ask Boris Diaw.

Tyson Chandler was the 2nd most important player of that 2011 Mavs team.

It's a good addition and it's clearly a message to Melo that they're serious about winning.

its not good for melo, he already played with these guys why would they work with dallas... horrible move, especially if theyre trying to get melo
hes trying to escape new york not transplant players

KL2
06-25-2014, 07:42 PM
I love the trade for the Spurs. Yes they upgraded one popcorn foul machine for another (Chandler for Dalembert), but seriously downgraded their PG position with Felton for Calderon (did well vs the Spurs) and Larkin (could have been a nice find after he healed up).

Im not sure about Felton, I clearly remember him raping SA a few times in the RS, busting 3's off of screens like they were nothing. Potential Spur killer.

Shabazz
06-25-2014, 07:46 PM
The picks are both 2nd rounders right?

cd021
06-25-2014, 07:52 PM
Bosh, Williams and D12 said no, thats why he wanted to stay flexible for the chance to aquiremone of those guys.

cd021
06-25-2014, 07:52 PM
The picks are both 2nd rounders right?
34th and 51st

cd021
06-25-2014, 07:55 PM
Overpayed but a pretty darn good player. Probably a good move for both teams.
they were 16th in D last year, that needs to be much closer to 10th for them to challenge for homecourt in the west. Good step forward imo

elemento
06-25-2014, 09:29 PM
its not good for melo, he already played with these guys why would they work with dallas... horrible move, especially if theyre trying to get melo
hes trying to escape new york not transplant players

I don't agree with that. Different franchise, different coach and Melo would be playing with Dirk. Tyson can really be a difference maker in the right situation with a good coach.
Playing under Carlisle and with Dirk is much better than what Melo had in NY.

cd021
06-25-2014, 09:40 PM
Knicks are apparently trying to move Larkin and Dalembert after getting them from the Mavs. Knicks also trying to shop Shump for a 1st rounder...

letmk
06-25-2014, 09:55 PM
I'm a Spurs fan, and naturally don't want to see any upgrade of the Mavs. But if I were LeBron, I would give this Mavs team a serious look: great coach, another great star (2 years younger than Timmy), a young explosive scorer, a defense stopper and a great owner -- as much as he is disliked by SA.

slick'81
06-25-2014, 09:59 PM
Nice move by Dallas

Mikeanaro
06-25-2014, 10:02 PM
Congrats to Dallas! blowing up a championship team while keeping Dirk in the shadows for 3 years, Calderon was great there so this is a half-assed effort

phxspurfan
06-25-2014, 10:37 PM
Nice move by Dallas

TheDarkSide.
06-25-2014, 10:53 PM
Glad Calderon is outta there! He was a killer. That said depending on who mavs sign, pop MIGHT have to make at least 1 adjustment if we have a series against them next year

EIC
06-25-2014, 11:24 PM
I'm a Spurs fan, and naturally don't want to see any upgrade of the Mavs. But if I were LeBron, I would give this Mavs team a serious look: great coach, another great star (2 years younger than Timmy), a young explosive scorer, a defense stopper and a great owner -- as much as he is disliked by SA.

I agree. I actually thought Dallas would have been a good fit the first time. He would have gotten his first ring a year earlier if he'd gone there instead of Miami. Imagine this roster coached by Carlisle:

C: Tyson Chandler / DeJuan Blair
PF: Dirk Nowitski / Brendan Wright
SF: LeBron James / Shawn Marion
SG: Monta Ellis / Vince Carter
PG: Devin Harris / Raymond Felton

FromWayDowntown
06-26-2014, 09:50 AM
If the Knicks keep Calderon and Larkin, it might make less sense for them to make a play for Patty Mills.

TE
06-26-2014, 09:56 AM
If the Knicks keep Calderon and Larkin, it might make less sense for them to make a play for Patty Mills.
That's what I thought too.