View Full Version : Mad Max: Fury Road

benefactor
06-25-2014, 08:22 PM
http://www.superherohype.com/assets/uploads/2014/06/1318ewCVR-Mad-Max.jpg

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=119906

:hungry:

Koolaid_Man
06-25-2014, 08:47 PM
So are you and Slomo fucking? You cried to him about a girl snorting my balls and he deleted a legit thread...is your home sex life that horrible bro? You need to be worried about your own dam kids...and the shit she bout to get into ;-)

HI-FI
06-25-2014, 10:03 PM
been waiting for this one for awhile. I still have love for Beyond Thunderdome, just too bad George Miller was too distraught to really direct it when friend and co-producer Byron Kennedy died in pre-production. Apparently Miller still directed the action sequences, which were great, but that was mainly it.

So it's great to see Miller fully invested and back in the saddle, just sucks Mel Gibson isn't apart of it.

benefactor
06-25-2014, 10:19 PM
Yeah...I wish Mel was there in some capacity too...but Hardy is a perfect fit.

CubanSucks
06-25-2014, 10:51 PM
Hardy's an awesome fit but what the motherfuck is charlize theron's purpose? Rhetorical question, to draw in some females, just a shame as it's such a safe little fill in that'll most definitely only hold the plot back

btw, Road Warrior was the only good one

HI-FI
07-27-2014, 04:57 AM
the one sheet was dropped recently, digging it.
http://i.imgur.com/B9ddnXi.jpg

they got character posters out now as well. the one below is the new bad guy, which is the fucking Toe Cutter from the original but in a new role.
http://media.aintitcool.com/media/uploads/2014/papa_vinyard/Gu70Rr8_large.jpg

trailer will be out very soon. damn i've been waiting a long time for a new Mad Max, even without Mel, George Miller crosses that line between genius and fucking weird, so can't wait.

benefactor
07-27-2014, 07:50 AM
Can't believe we have to wait until next summer.

Dammit.

scanry
07-27-2014, 09:12 AM
The Mad Max movies were the most intense movies i've seen in my life. I did like the 2nd one better though.

Pauly D
07-27-2014, 09:40 AM
Road Warrior was the only good one tbh

Cry Havoc
07-27-2014, 10:38 AM
Looks promising.

ace3g
07-27-2014, 12:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akX3Is3qBpw

Pauly D
07-27-2014, 01:22 PM
Great fucking ad. Bonus points on Tom Hardy (that could've been a bust with many other choices) but big fucking minus on Charlize Theron. I'm so damn sick of seeing her. And unfortunately I can already see this trying to split the heroes 50/50 male and female just to appeal to more. It's going to suck if there's too much focus on those hotties

Pauly D
07-27-2014, 01:33 PM
I guess it's not too bad since she's shaving her head for a little more nitty and gritty. Also, Tom Hardy better continue the attitude that Gibson had, that don't give a fuck cold as ice attitude. Apparently this is gonna be set between the first two

benefactor
07-27-2014, 01:39 PM
fapfapfapfap

DMC
07-27-2014, 07:34 PM
I thought it was "Furry Road" and was a rated X flick where Max is mad because some rogue biker gang pins him down and takes turns running up his dirty, furry turd factory.

Thread
07-27-2014, 07:43 PM
Road Warrior was the only good one tbh

But so utterly ridiculous upon even a cursory examination. It was on the cable here the other day and of course I jockeyed right on in.

And the irony is palpable. The (killing) is spot on, but, the (living) is just embarrassing. So damn cockeyed.

Pauly D
07-27-2014, 09:12 PM
But so utterly ridiculous upon even a cursory examination. It was on the cable here the other day and of course I jockeyed right on in.

And the irony is palpable. The (killing) is spot on, but, the (living) is just embarrassing. So damn cockeyed.

Speak English, faggot. You're trying too hard

benefactor
07-27-2014, 09:32 PM
HI-FI

Thread
07-27-2014, 09:39 PM
Speak English, faggot. You're trying too hard

The killing is accurate for the crisis that has taken root in this society. Wholesale rape & murder, torture, sudden death, rampant vengeance, but, the every day life doesn't match the set up. There is no gasoline save the compound but, yet the bad guys boogie on down there en masse (every fucking vehicle running makes the daily trip), revving their engines and carrying on till all hours. The women in the compound are all running around in exact braids and techno hair styles and cuts with great makeup and trendy battle gear.

Pauly D
07-27-2014, 10:20 PM
The killing is accurate for the crisis that has taken root in this society. Wholesale rape & murder, torture, sudden death, rampant vengeance, but, the every day life doesn't match the set up. There is no gasoline save the compound but, yet the bad guys boogie on down there en masse (every fucking vehicle running makes the daily trip), revving their engines and carrying on till all hours. The women in the compound are all running around in exact braids and techno hair styles and cuts with great makeup and trendy battle gear.

The gasoline aspect, yeah, but the style and crazy attitudes of the characters totally give the movie a unique flavor

HI-FI
07-27-2014, 10:34 PM
HI-FI (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=34236)
:lol

i was lurking earlier and watched ace3g's posting. just been caught up in other bs.

looks wild. i love the look of it, but the clip is definitely an overload of insane images so I'm not sure how it all fits, guess we'll just have to wait it out. it looks to have more of a fever dream feel than the first 3, but with all the digital tools available, I'm sure Miller wanted to take everything into a new direction.

kind of bummed out to see the V8 Interceptor getting trashed early on. If that's true, I don't see this as much of a prequel before Road Warrior as a re-imagining. :lol Fucking Miller, he has one of the greatest cars in cinematic history yet it's gotten fucked ever since the original movie.

Pauly D
07-31-2014, 03:04 PM
Hey, I have a damn issue after watching it again. Where's the fucking roads? All I saw was baron wasteland.

cantthinkofanything
07-31-2014, 03:10 PM
Hey, I have a damn issue after watching it again. Where's the fucking roads? All I saw was baron wasteland.

the roads, including Fury Road, are metaphorical.

Pauly D
07-31-2014, 03:21 PM
the roads, including Fury Road, are metaphorical.

You know what wasn't metaphorical? The roads in The Road Warrior.

cantthinkofanything
07-31-2014, 03:22 PM
You know what wasn't metaphorical? The roads in The Road Warrior. Were roads paved after civilization fell?

you haven't seen the new movie so you don't know if there are roads in some places and not in others.

Infinite_limit
07-31-2014, 03:34 PM
the blonde White girls kinda make me giggle. There would be almost none still around

Pauly D
07-31-2014, 04:11 PM
the blonde White girls kinda make me giggle. There would be almost none still around

My only worry. The bullshit lady crew that gets newly empowered thanks to Mad Maxine :rolleyes Those bitches would be worth more than diamonds and would never be ablr to escape their owners

benefactor
12-10-2014, 03:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWNWi-ZWL3c

Heavy breathing...

lefty
12-10-2014, 03:28 PM
lol Bane vs Bane

Pauly D
12-10-2014, 10:58 PM
Not as good as the first but MAJOR props for another unique trailer. The trailers these days are more lame and recycled than the actual movies

ColinB
12-10-2014, 11:35 PM
Trailer was sick. Count me in.

benefactor
02-19-2015, 12:32 PM
Some new footage in the international trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YFuB3wuge0

Pauly D
02-19-2015, 01:37 PM
Fuuuuuck. It might just be cause it's new but I think I like that one the most

HI-FI
04-01-2015, 01:43 AM
The Official Trailer is Out.

:wow looks absolutely insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEJnMQG9ev8

this is the film i'm most excited to see. even if it doesn't live up to the hype, it's great to have Miller back in the saddle.

benefactor
04-01-2015, 06:23 AM
fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap

Pauly D
04-01-2015, 06:55 PM
"Official trailer." As opposed to the three full length trailers that have already come out.

Tbh my enthusiasm just took a step back. I'm now scared the plot will be half about Max, half about empowered women breaking free of the patriarchy. I'm really hoping that theme was drilled into this trailer to attract a few women viewers who otherwise have probably already blown this movie off

UZER
04-01-2015, 08:52 PM
"Official trailer." As opposed to the three full length trailers that have already come out.

Tbh my enthusiasm just took a step back. I'm now scared the plot will be half about Max, half about empowered women breaking free of the patriarchy. I'm really hoping that theme was drilled into this trailer to attract a few women viewers who otherwise have probably already blown this movie off

For about 3 years now, for movies I'm excited to see, I only watch the first teaser a couple times and that's it. No more trailers or commercials. As the movies get closer to being released, they start showing more and more and giving plot stuff away.

It's so refreshing to go into a movie with a mostly blank slate.

phyzik
04-02-2015, 01:43 AM
fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap

Ohh, it hurts so goddamn bad!!! I NEED the release already!!!!! FUCK!!!

benefactor
05-13-2015, 07:14 PM
Sitting at 99% on RT.:wow

Can't wait until this weekend.

Avante
05-13-2015, 07:38 PM
The Roadwarrior.........one of the great first time watchs.

This one looks to be the rip roaring...WOW~~~~~ we need. Too bad it's not the first.

Lawless....was a big surprise.

cantthinkofanything
05-13-2015, 07:43 PM
The Roadwarrior.........one of the great first time watchs.

This one looks to be the rip roaring...WOW~~~~~ we need. Too bad it's not the first.

Lawless....was a big surprise.

Avante's most reasonable post. Ever.

TDMVPDPOY
05-13-2015, 10:54 PM
they had mm3 on fta tv the other day

is mm4 a continuation from the previous movie with a time skip?

or its a total new story and antagonist?

jeebus
05-13-2015, 10:58 PM

Not sure if they billed it as a reboot or just another story in the series, like how they do the Bond movies.

HI-FI
05-13-2015, 11:01 PM

the bad guy in this is the same actor as the ToeCutter from part 1. but it's essentially a re-working of the universe. Miller is a bit out there, like having Bruce Spence play two different characters in part 2 and 3.

damn the hype has got me too stoked. I'm gonna try to catch this tomorrow at midnight but may not have time. if not will catch it with my brother or friends during the weekend.

this easily been my most anticipated film in a long time. next is Tarantino's Hateful Eight. somewhere down the list is Star Wars: The FanFiction Awakens.

ColinB
05-15-2015, 10:15 AM
Going to try to catch this at some point this weekend. Getting great reviews. I've been looking forward to this one for awhile now.

Mr. Body
05-15-2015, 07:54 PM
It's nuts. The movie is completely nuts.

CuckingFunt
05-15-2015, 08:22 PM
Saw it last night and still haven't fully processed it. Loved it so hard.

I want this movie to make a lot of money. I want Hollywood to see unique, R-rated action movies with practical effects as being worth investing in.

gollum
05-15-2015, 08:34 PM
Saw it last night and still haven't fully processed it. Loved it so hard.

I want this movie to make a lot of money. I want Hollywood to see unique, R-rated action movies with practical effects as being worth investing in.

Damn...orgasmic? Relax..it's just a movie.

CuckingFunt
05-15-2015, 08:44 PM
Where did I say anything about being orgasmic?

Buddy Mignon
05-15-2015, 09:38 PM
This was worth a watch.

Darius McCrary
05-15-2015, 10:08 PM
Haven't seen a movie so universally praised in a while

Jacob1983
05-15-2015, 11:17 PM
This movie was awesome. Never seen a movie with close to non stop car chases. 75 percent of the movie is on fury road.

ColinB
05-16-2015, 11:40 AM
It was perfect. The score was awesome.

redzero
05-16-2015, 05:54 PM
Amazing. That last scene was insane.

SnakeBoy
05-16-2015, 07:48 PM
Saw this today. Little dialogue and pretty much non stop action. I give it an A+.

At the moment I can't think of a better action flick that I've seen in many years. I especially liked that all of the action was kept believable. Non of the over the top cgi bullshit that most action flicks go for these days.

benefactor
05-16-2015, 11:31 PM
Going to make time tomorrow.

Jacob1983
05-16-2015, 11:43 PM
Props to the guitarist in the movie. Seeing a guitarist play while on a moving car was awesome.

Buddy Mignon
05-17-2015, 12:16 AM
Going to make time tomorrow.

Make sure you wipe the oil from the buttered pop corn from your lips. Kool seems to have a thing for your.:lol

Silver&Black
05-17-2015, 12:39 AM

You Gotdamn right..

benefactor
05-17-2015, 08:02 AM
Make sure you wipe the oil from the buttered pop corn from your lips. Kool seems to have a thing for your.:lol
How does it stack up against the Naruto movie? Serious question.

SupremeGuy
05-17-2015, 08:37 AM
This movie was awesome. Never seen a movie with close to non stop car chases. 75 percent of the movie is on fury road.

Props to the guitarist in the movie. Seeing a guitarist play while on a moving car was awesome.All of this! Fucking awesome movie. The visual and audio departments did a fucking amazing job. I'm still pumped.

How does it stack up against the Naruto movie? Serious question.:lol

MultiTroll
05-17-2015, 02:18 PM
NoNo can you set up a recycling bin for all the man cards to be turned in?
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248457&p=8013156#post8013156

Why You Should Not Go See “Mad Max: Feminist Road”http://www.returnofkings.com/63036/why-you-should-not-go-see-mad-max-feminist-road

redzero
05-17-2015, 02:31 PM
^ Did you actually watch the movie, you mouth-breather? If you walked away from the movie with some radical feminist message, you clearly have other hang-ups that can't be blamed on the film.

The he only real difference between Fury Road and The Road Warrior is that Max shares his badass action scenes with a female lead. With all the crazy shit that happens in this movie (I'm talking about you, guitar guy), how can a female action hero be the deal breaker?

The Reckoning
05-17-2015, 02:45 PM
this movie could save hollywood in the wake of the Michael Bay disaster

benefactor
05-17-2015, 03:26 PM
Waiting for it to start. :hungry:

ace3g
05-17-2015, 03:52 PM
Going to see this at 5!!!

CitizenDwayne
05-17-2015, 03:59 PM
Great acting and action scenes, tremendously enjoyable movie, but honestly I found the color scheme distracting at times. The whole movie is so damn orange it kinda hurt my eyes. Still, best summer blockbuster of the year imo and a ton better than Avengers

jeebus
05-17-2015, 05:41 PM
Great acting and action scenes, tremendously enjoyable movie, but honestly I found the color scheme distracting at times. The whole movie is so damn orange it kinda hurt my eyes. Still, best summer blockbuster of the year imo and a ton better than Avengers

It's not the director's fault that fire, sand, and the rocks in the Australian outback are that color.

This movie was the tits. I've been waiting for the mad max sequel since it the rumors started up over 10 years ago and I'm glad it was made and made right.

MultiTroll
05-17-2015, 07:11 PM
It's not the director's fault that fire, sand, and the rocks in the Australian outback are that color.

This movie was the tits. I've been waiting for the mad max sequel since it the rumors started up over 10 years ago and I'm glad it was made and made right.
So the Hollywood feminazi influence did not ruin it?

benefactor
05-17-2015, 07:14 PM
Damn man...just damn. The acting, attention to environmental details, that crazy fucking ending scene....

Well worth the wait.

redzero
05-17-2015, 09:24 PM
So the Hollywood feminazi influence did not ruin it?

How about you see the movie and come to your own conclusion?

jeebus
05-17-2015, 09:40 PM
Damn man...just damn. The acting, attention to environmental details, that crazy fucking ending scene....

Well worth the wait.
Fuck yeah bro. That chase/fight scene at the end...fuck.

And thank jeebus that Miller didn't try to use the gritty, washed out, boring ass look that too many movies these days try to do. Fuck outta here with that shit.

benefactor
05-18-2015, 06:21 AM

And thank jeebus that Miller didn't try to use the gritty, washed out, boring ass look that too many movies these days try to do. Fuck outta here with that shit.
What was most impressive was the lack of dialogue. You'd think a movie where Mad Max only has like 10 total lines and spends the whole first half of the movie strapped to the front of a vehicle would suck. It got by almost completely on creativity and non-verbals and still kicked ass. Just incredible film making.

redzero
05-18-2015, 06:28 AM
I loved the fact that Max getting that fucking mask off became a subplot in and of itself. I was pumped when he finally got it off. It sounds ridiculous in retrospect, but Miller made it work.

blizz
05-18-2015, 07:57 AM
Saw it yesterday as well. Fantastic movie. Charlize is still absolutely gorgeous. When she had the black paint on her face she looked so hot. I liked that after all these years, it was sooooo mad max. Glad Miller kept it that way.

NASpurs
05-18-2015, 04:26 PM
That was fucking amazing. Holy crap, you just come out with such a "wtf did I just watch" feeling but in a good way. The fucking adrenaline is pumped to 10 all the way through with very few lulls in the action. Just fucking insane. Loved it!

tlongII
05-18-2015, 04:45 PM
Is this something that should be seen in 3D, or does it make no difference?

DPG21920
05-18-2015, 05:09 PM

I saw it in 3d and would recommend 2D probably. 3D was fine, but it didn't really add to anything and with how beautiful the movie was shot, 2d should be very fulfilling.

Buddy Mignon
05-18-2015, 05:15 PM

No... but Id see it in IMAX if its available. I saw it in 3d.

01Snake
05-18-2015, 07:49 PM
Saw it yesterday as well. Fantastic movie. Charlize is still absolutely gorgeous. When she had the black paint on her face she looked so hot. I liked that after all these years, it was sooooo mad max. Glad Miller kept it that way.

Then you realize she's shacking up with Jeff Spicoli and ALL her pluses go right out the window.

Mugen
05-18-2015, 08:54 PM
Welp, this movie was fucking' awesome tbh.

Jacob1983
05-19-2015, 12:49 AM
3d on the XD screen is what I would recommend. And yes Charlize Theron looked hot as hell with the paint/oil/grease on her face.

Malik Hairston
05-19-2015, 02:35 AM
I was fascinated by that fat midget creature, tbh:lol..

Jacob1983
05-19-2015, 03:30 AM
I was hoping that he would was going to be thrown out of his chair at the end.

chunticakes
05-19-2015, 04:11 AM

Tony Parker makes a cameo??

01Snake
05-19-2015, 02:33 PM
Just saw it. Pretty good flick. Give it an 8 out 10.

blizz
05-19-2015, 02:40 PM
That's one of the things that I thought was so mad maxx-ey. Possible spoiler alert. It happened so fast I couldn't tell exactly what happened to the old lady in the car at the end but I thought she was hit in the head/neck area, and they kept showing her all still I was soo waiting for her head to fall off or something. Lol. It never happened. Also it's cool that beast and striker from xmen were both in it.

Malik Hairston
05-19-2015, 03:30 PM
I loved the fact that Max getting that fucking mask off became a subplot in and of itself. I was pumped when he finally got it off. It sounds ridiculous in retrospect, but Miller made it work.

:lol this is one of the most Redzero-ish posts in ST history, tbh..

bulakenyo
05-19-2015, 08:51 PM
I was hoping that he would was going to be thrown out of his chair at the end.

Haha. Me too.

Entertaining, visual movie.

HI-FI
05-19-2015, 09:31 PM
Finally saw it. The 3d was very good, better than most and it was all post conversion.

gotta give Hardy props. I still prefer Mel in the role but Hardy was very good. He's now had the unenviable task of replacing two iconic performances and doing better than most would.

visually its stunning, maybe some of the best world building or visual storytelling I've seen in awhile, but Miller has always been natural at that. I do miss the raw or rugged look of the originals that were shot on film. This feels more like a graphic novel or fever dream version of that world, though that might've been the 3d. Either way it's still very memorable.

definetly worth the wait and will catch it again in theaters.

spurraider21
05-20-2015, 12:11 PM
:lol implying the entirety of the movie wasn't a chase scene

benefactor
05-20-2015, 06:33 PM
:lol implying the entirety of the movie wasn't a chase scene
Not really. It's like having great, continuous sex and then nutting like an open fire hose at the end.

RD2191
05-20-2015, 09:28 PM
Why is this movie flopping?

Jacob1983
05-21-2015, 12:42 AM
It will make up for it overseas. Aussies will love it.

Infinite_limit
05-21-2015, 12:59 AM
Where's Mel?

~O~
05-21-2015, 01:23 AM

Hmm..I got to watch this if people are commenting on the score. I love movies with great soundtracks.

Infinite_limit
05-21-2015, 02:57 AM
My buddy didn't know of Mel's Mad Max. So maybe people under 30 wouldn't either.

NASpurs
05-21-2015, 03:14 AM
My buddy didn't know of Mel's Mad Max. So maybe people under 30 wouldn't either.

The Tina Turner one came out 30 years ago. Mel's movies were for people from the 60s and early 70s at the least.

redzero
05-21-2015, 03:16 AM

Box Office Mojo states that it has made $121 million in its first 5 days on a $150 million budget. How is that a flop?

monosylab1k
05-22-2015, 03:23 PM

It's not, it's doing incredibly well for an R-rated summer film going against Avengers and the Teen Girl singing movie.

hehateme
05-22-2015, 04:08 PM
Don't think my wife liked it but fuck her it was great.

cantthinkofanything
05-22-2015, 04:12 PM
I keep reading the title as "furry" road. And it makes me laugh about what the content might be.

Thread
05-23-2015, 07:50 PM
I saw it this morning in 3-D. Thought it a fine film. Miller sent out the cast with instruction to pull it back, let it be, and they uniformly followed instruction. Homage was paid to "Road Warrior" occasionally, but, unobtrusively, strictly so. The women in RW wore immaculate white, mirrored here as well. In RW the women are presented in rapture, but under suspicion. Here, the same. In both instances by the end we're in love with them, or, at least in lust. A music box is produced (looks exactly like the original) and nary a character asks nary a question about it. At the end of RW Gibson's eye is closed. Here Theron's eye pays tribute. Miller trusted his base to recognize his gift and we have.

Miller

Pauly D
05-23-2015, 08:40 PM
This was one of the coolest fucking things I've ever seen. I could talk about the whole movie. I wouldn't know where to start

Thread
05-23-2015, 09:30 PM
This was one of the coolest fucking things I've ever seen. I could talk about the whole movie. I wouldn't know where to start

Start at your mother's snatch & work backwards.

Chop/chop.

Pauly D
05-24-2015, 03:32 AM
And to all the feminist worries, I was skeptical too but there's nothing there. No woman should feel like this is some kinda feminist empowering crap and no man should feel like it's distracting or forced. They fit in perfectly. When Max and Nux work together to beat Furiosa at that first fight and Max shoots around her head I was in the edge of my seat

Thread
05-24-2015, 05:48 AM
And to all the feminist worries, I was skeptical too but there's nothing there. No woman should feel like this is some kinda feminist empowering crap and no man should feel like it's distracting or forced. They fit in perfectly. When Max and Nux work together to beat Furiosa at that first fight and Max shoots around her head I was in the edge of my seat

...that's because you were sitting on your mother's lap in the theater---you Oedipus raging bastard, you.

Koolaid_Man
05-24-2015, 06:21 AM
Start at your mother's snatch & work backwards.

Chop/chop.
:lmao:lmao:lmao

I'm gonna hafta steal that line

The Reckoning
05-24-2015, 08:38 AM
crazy whirlwind of a movie. my first watch i just focused on action because that's what i was there for. the second time i'll view more from a thematic viewpoint. great movie.

Thread
05-24-2015, 10:58 AM
crazy whirlwind of a movie. my first watch i just focused on action because that's what i was there for. the second time i'll view more from a thematic viewpoint. great movie.

Other homages to RW:::A fast scan of a thunderdome early on---at distance/first blush, the woman inside the vault strikes one as Tina Turner's character.

SnakeBoy
05-25-2015, 04:12 AM

It's R rated. Although it's earned $212 million so far, not sure that would qualify as a flop.

Thread
05-25-2015, 04:19 AM
It's R rated. Although it's earned $212 million so far, not sure that would qualify as a flop.

True on both points. That's why the producers do the PG-13 shit. Miller stood tall here though there is a keen absence of visual bullet impact & death shots in this film. In PG-13 your mind recognizes this in the theatre. Here? On the drive home.

Anything over $156 million is gravy.

Thread
05-25-2015, 04:25 AM
True on both points. That's why the producers do the PG-13 shit. Miller stood tall here though there is a keen absence of visual bullet impact & death shots in this film. In PG-13 your mind recognizes this in the theatre. Here? On the drive home.

Anything over $156 million is gravy.

And for the R rating we get one gd (ass) shot of that woman on the watch tower. And it ain't the same woman on the ground as is showing her ass on that watch tower. No way. That was a cheat by Miller, a bitter one.

And thru all the intense action, tossing and turning, uping & downing and not once did we get a shot of the goods of those young girls. Not one fucking time. That long legged blonde about has driven me nuts in the two hours in the theatre and the 36 since. GD.

jeebus
05-25-2015, 03:24 PM
Box Office Mojo states that it has made $121 million in its first 5 days on a $150 million budget. How is that a flop?

It's not, it's doing incredibly well for an R-rated summer film going against Avengers and the Teen Girl singing movie.

Take a moment and realize that you're quoting a dipshit. Then disregard anything he says.

BillMc
05-27-2015, 05:58 PM
Best action movie I've seen since the first Die Hard, or maybe even Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I'd like a Furioso spin off too. (Charlize Therson is such a bad ass in this movie, I almost forgive her for running in a straight line in Prometheus and getting crushed by the ship for absolutely no reason.)

Pauly D
05-27-2015, 10:10 PM
I'd like a Furioso spin off too. (Charlize Therson is such a bad ass in this movie,

That's a stupid fucking idea. Admit it's just cause it's a woman and that that movie would flop. I loved her character btw but take it easy

BillMc
05-27-2015, 10:14 PM
That's a stupid fucking idea. Admit it's just cause it's a woman and that that movie would flop. I loved her character btw but take it easy

Don't think its stupid at all. I bet the movie would do well. Her backstory, I think, would be interesting.

Pauly D
05-28-2015, 12:31 AM
http://images.fandango.com/images/spotlight/nux-chrome.gif

Don't think its stupid at all. I bet the movie would do well. Her backstory, I think, would be interesting.

Like I said, she's a great character but the only reason you're saying that is cause she's a female. And tbh I don't think that'd even make a good movie. Obviously up to the point we see her in Fury Road she was a great soldier for Immortan Joe. Is it gonna be a movie about all the raids and shit she's done? That would be confusing for the audience, don't you think?

Malik Hairston
05-28-2015, 02:25 AM
http://images.fandango.com/images/spotlight/nux-chrome.gif

Like I said, she's a great character but the only reason you're saying that is cause she's a female. And tbh I don't think that'd even make a good movie. Obviously up to the point we see her in Fury Road she was a great soldier for Immortan Joe. Is it gonna be a movie about all the raids and shit she's done? That would be confusing for the audience, don't you think?

Regardless of quality, I wouldn't be surprised, at all, if they actually do make it, tbh..they could do a prequel to her getting taken from her family or whatever, followed by her rise into a top soldier for Joe..wouldn't be surprising if it succeeds in the current climate of feminism and White Knights, tbh..

Pauly D
05-28-2015, 03:18 AM
Regardless of quality, I wouldn't be surprised, at all, if they actually do make it, tbh..they could do a prequel to her getting taken from her family or whatever, followed by her rise into a top soldier for Joe..wouldn't be surprising if it succeeds in the current climate of feminism and White Knights, tbh..

White knights wouldn't want to waste their money just for the possibility of more white knight cred and women naturally don't care about action type shit, regardless of all this "Feminist Max" shit going around. It would flop

HI-FI
06-14-2015, 08:32 PM
Saw it again, this time in 2d. I preferred this version over the 3d version, which was very good but in 2d the world felt more cohesive and believable. So far Fury Road is my second favorite in the series and easily my favorite film of the year.

Hmm..I got to watch this if people are commenting on the score. I love movies with great soundtracks.
Soundtrack was pretty good. It's up there with the film in your sig and Tron Legacy, which is probably my favorite recent score.

~O~
06-14-2015, 09:08 PM
This movie is going to make imdb top 250....8.6 - 10.0. Tom Hardy is has been on the come up since inception and The Dark Knight Rises. I haven't seen Warrior however.

Pauly D
06-14-2015, 09:24 PM
Saw it again, this time in 2d. I preferred this version over the 3d version, which was very good but in 2d the world felt more cohesive and believable. So far Fury Road is my second favorite in the series and easily my favorite film of the year.

Soundtrack was pretty good. It's up there with the film in your sig and Tron Legacy, which is probably my favorite recent score.

I don't see how anyone could like Road Warrior more other than for nostalgic reasons. If someone hasn't seen any and they watched all 4, I can't imagine them no preferring Fury Road, and I'm not just talking about for the better graphics. All around it surpasses

This movie is going to make imdb top 250....8.6 - 10.0.

that's not a big deal tbh. I actually like using IMDB's ratings cause it's more for the casual person, but a movie like this is a guaranteed high rating, especially this early

Biernutz
06-14-2015, 10:18 PM
I thought Fury was a good action movie. Non stop action the whole movie.....

~O~
06-14-2015, 10:24 PM
Nah, it has more than enough ratings for me on IMDB with 800 reviews. That more than one of those simple movies. It might end with probably 300k ratings which tells me more than enough.

Pauly D
06-14-2015, 10:41 PM
Nah, it has more than enough ratings for me on IMDB with 800 reviews. That more than one of those simple movies. It might end with probably 300k ratings which tells me more than enough.

I've never even noticed anything like that. What do you mean?

Spur|n|Austin
06-14-2015, 11:34 PM
Saw this on Friday - it's the kind of movie that almost feels like you need a seat belt. Even the wife enjoyed it :tu :tu

~O~
06-15-2015, 08:11 AM
I've never even noticed anything like that. What do you mean?

To simplify this early, I look at the ratings as more than ratings. I see it as analytically and in correlation with human understanding.

Well before a movie is released, the people who endorsed the movie actually review it and rate. Those rating are always high(for the money). The reviews are in the tens of thousands beforehand. IMDB Pro users can only rate the movie before hand and people who actually played a major part in the production of the movie.

However, after a movie is released then the ratings usually take a huge fall to the average viewers who watch in the theater and other forms of media to. This then exposes the movie as a bomb. For Mad Max, this really didn't happen and the ratings have held up and exceeded its realistic expectations for me.

In my perspective, when a movie on the IMDB scale holds a IMDb rating above 8.0 with more than 150k user ratings translates to an superb masterpiece of a movie for me. These movies are bring on innovations and new stories to the industry. I also factor in the ratio of Revies(comments) to ratings to determine if the movie is worth my time.

From what I've seen, a movie that rates on the scale of 6.3 to 7.4 are average movies with general cliches. Some movies are absolutely rated too low. Some viewers lack education or won't educate themselves enough to understand the movie. Symbolism is concept new to many viewers and also empathy(placing yourself in position of the people in the movie). Other films are wrongly critiqued because of time period and relation to what was happening during those times. Foreshadowing is an elementary concept that spics aren't aware of.

There's many viewers who are horrible with hindsight. For instance, a certain character makes a decision that you know is wrong because you watched the movie and saw it play out to the characters dismay. Then you give the movie a awful rating on the count of this. Its important to understand....the motherfucking character didn't see how this was going to play out because the character isn't watching or hasn't watched the end of the movie. The character is playing their role in a certain moment of time no matter how many times a viewer watches the movie within different times in their lives. Interpretation.

Then there's movies who people absolutely didn't understand. Interstellar, The Prestige, Donnie Darko, Gone Girl; innovative and ground breaking movies which are rated with 8.0 plus ratings but still..don't do them enough justice.

Horror movies always seem to bomb. They just do not do consistently well so I have to adjust for them. That's because people "TRY" not to be afraid of them the expectation is always there. Something will freak you out. Horror movies are meant to be seen alone without a phone, closing of the eyes, and guessing the nerves. People make horror movies awful by watching it with people, not paying attention to the movie while high on weed. They just will not do well because this will

http://s20.postimg.org/anl7hozfx/Capture1.png

8.6 rating equivalent to Interstellar which is a movie I respect. Tom Hardy passes to me as a very respectful actor having been in the Dark Knight Rises and Inception. He even was in Black Hawk Down.............Really really young in that movie. Had a kid's voice.

MultiTroll
06-15-2015, 10:59 AM
Pretty good.
Great camera work.
Plot line pretty good. Some meandering on side plots and characters here and there, but mostly stuck to the plot at hand.
Casting was pretty good. Teen chicks i guess they went for the fairly hot but not super hot look.

Disappointed we did not get to see ToeCutter being killed. Instead we just get teen chick announcing he is dead. What's up with that?
Ditto Fat Blob warlord. Max sticks his fat foot on the gas but then we just get to see the car crash. I wanted to see fat blob splattered.

Feminist Road angle. The writer of that article is butthurt over something. No way did Threzon and the teen chicks and old moms de nutt Max. As to Max letting Furia take the last shot, takes a real man to let that happen. No way was that caving in. She was a better shot and he had just missed twice. One bullet left. Smart move.

Question:
Pasty White good guy and red headed teen. What was the basis for their love connection?

Fabbs
06-15-2015, 05:16 PM
Psssh.
So two of the U.S. teen chicks cast due to being offspring of music celebs.
Toast the Knowing = Zoe Kravitz
http://36.media.tumblr.com/37168c879230ffd463410f0cc1489947/tumblr_nohl4hRTXR1qgxk3vo3_500.png

"Capeable" is Elvis Presleys grandaughter.
http://emersonsalon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/madmax2.jpg

The two blonde twigs are Victoria Secret/Vogue anorexics.

The brown haired gal (and only true teen, the rest are all like 25) is Aussie.
https://nerdgeistdotcom.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/mad-max-fury-road-comic-con-trailer-screenshot-courtney-eaton-fragile.jpg?w=639&h=399

spurraider21
06-15-2015, 08:48 PM

3D is pointless unless its an animated film imo

spurraider21
06-15-2015, 08:48 PM
but :lol that scene where none of the daughters knew how to reload a gun except the black one

Fabbs
06-20-2015, 11:52 AM
Anyone remember this chick from the movie?
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/8b/f3/1a/8bf31ad6f5a222739d4c42e696011bc8.jpg
imdb says she was "The desperate woman".

~O~
07-05-2015, 04:35 PM
Bump. Excellent movie. Excellent Score as well.

MultiTroll
07-11-2015, 12:11 AM
Q
What made Nux leave the dark side and come over to Max and the chicks side? And when was his romance(?) with red head originated?
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2040948!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_635/madmax11f-3-web.jpg

AmericanPsycho
07-11-2015, 09:01 AM
Waiting for DVD.