PDA

View Full Version : NBA: MJ would never win in the Lebron James/Spurs era..

apalisoc_9
06-26-2014, 01:30 AM
- Team oriented era

- Advanced Stats

- Bigger and Stronger players

- More star players

I'd say so..

mavsfan1000
06-26-2014, 01:38 AM
You don't think the Bulls played as a team?

celticfan
06-26-2014, 01:38 AM
Put Jordan on the current Bulls and they would win a championship. They would easily defeat the Lebron-led Heat in five games.

apalisoc_9
06-26-2014, 01:39 AM
Put Jordan on the current Bulls and they would win a championship. They would easily defeat the Lebron-led Heat in five games.

:lmao

Prime Time
06-26-2014, 01:41 AM
I don't know about 90's players, but I do know today's players would absolutely murder if they played in the 80's. Not only are they more athletic and mobile, but they can also shoot the three-ball.

In 1985 the Dallas Mavericks led the entire NBA in made 3P field goals at 152 while shooting .343%.
In 2014, Stephen Curry made 261 threes while shooting .424% from behind the arc.

Yeah.

mavsfan1000
06-26-2014, 01:42 AM
Jordan needs to be on a team that at least wins 50 games.

jARS mEsH sEt
06-26-2014, 02:37 AM
The 3 ball has drastically changed the game. I'm not going to pretend to know how the Jordan-era bulls would've fared against modern day teams, but I don't think it's "obvious" either way. It's not at all "obvious" that the 72 win Bulls would've dominated the NBA today, or vice versa.

Venti Quattro
06-26-2014, 02:40 AM
The 3 ball has drastically changed the game. I'm not going to pretend to know how the Jordan-era bulls would've fared against modern day teams, but I don't think it's "obvious" either way. It's not at all "obvious" that the 72 win Bulls would've dominated the NBA today, or vice versa.
The 1995/96 Bulls may have inflated their win record to 72 wins because of shitty expansion teams like Toronto and lesser travel time, but they destroyed the teams they went up against in the playoffs. They won't win a three-peat in this era but to say that they're not winning is absurd. They win at least one title, probably another one in a separate year.

Infinite_limit
06-26-2014, 02:45 AM
I don't know about 90's players, but I do know today's players would absolutely murder if they played in the 80's. Not only are they more athletic and mobile, but they can also shoot the three-ball.

In 1985 the Dallas Mavericks led the entire NBA in made 3P field goals at 152 while shooting .343%.
In 2014, Stephen Curry made 261 threes while shooting .424% from behind the arc.

Yeah.
The players are also dumber, lazier on defense and lack fundamentals.

Watch NBAtv Open Court. They mention how they'd always discuss among each other how Bird had perfect fundamentals, meaning his positioning and instincts were pin point. Always had his hand in the right area, his foot planted correctly and in the right spot. It allowed him extra time to spot up for shots. They state it's the difference between MJ & guys like Kobe/James. Who never attended College. Jordan did for 3 seasons, under the guidance of Dean Smith.

Many of you never played organized basketball. The gym & street is nice but it's a disorganized circus and easy to exploit. When you play against opponents that are not only going full out (risking injury) but also in cohesiveness (strategy), the only way to score is thru team work.

StrengthAndHonor
06-26-2014, 02:45 AM
You can pretty much tell which poster nowadays are trying so hard to get into Harlem's POTM list.

Venti Quattro
06-26-2014, 02:48 AM
- Advanced Stats

How the fuck are advanced stats going to make them lose? Are you retarded?

I suggest you evaluate your life tonight and end it with a dagger shot in the heart

apalisoc_9
06-26-2014, 02:50 AM

I suggest you evaluate your life tonight and end it with a dagger shot in the heart

Makes it easier to gameplan against teams like the bulls..

Why don't you go ahead and evaluate yours first...

100%duncan
06-26-2014, 02:51 AM

http://media.giphy.com/media/4WnyHXu7GUC1G/giphy.gif

TE
06-26-2014, 02:51 AM
MJ's Bulls would win in this era. They would probably beat the best version of the post 2010's Miami Heat. They would challenge this year's Spurs tbh.

Infinite_limit
06-26-2014, 02:56 AM
- Rodman cleans the glass
- Kukoc & Pippen spread the defense
- MJ & Harper shut down the backcourt
- 7 footers at the basket

Pretty simple formula

Venti Quattro
06-26-2014, 02:57 AM
- Rodman cleans the glass
- Kukoc & Pippen spread the defense
- MJ & Harper shut down the backcourt
- 7 footers at the basket

Pretty simple formula

:cry :cry :cry YEAH BUT THEY STILL WOULDN'T WIN BECAUSE OF ADVANCED STATS :cry :cry :cry

Thebesteva
06-26-2014, 03:01 AM
- Team oriented era

- Advanced Stats

- More star players

I'd say so..

http://abload.de/img/untitled-5jmj4o.gif

dg7md
06-26-2014, 04:21 AM
Typical MJ hater. The entire league was different then. LeBron would terrorize the 1960s NBA and win every championship then. Different eras, different players, different examples.

spurraider21
06-26-2014, 04:44 AM
- Team oriented era

- Advanced Stats

- More star players

I'd say so..
:lmao wtf... how is "advanced stats" one of your lines of reasoning for why MJ wouldn't win? thats the most retarded thing i've read in a while, and this is a forum with koolaid_man and luva

edit: venti quattro beat me to the punch :lol

Thread
06-26-2014, 07:30 AM
LeBron would terrorize the 1960s NBA and win every championship then.

All 2 for 11 of him.

Clipper Nation
06-26-2014, 08:04 AM
Depends on whether Stern, Phil, Pippen, Rodman, Grant, Harper, and Kerr would still be around to carry DK :lol

The Batman
06-26-2014, 08:07 AM
Shitty thread.

ambchang
06-26-2014, 08:23 AM
The biggest difference in todays' NBA from the 90s is the decrease in post play and general increase in perimeter play. The Bulls just happened to be one of the best perimeter defensive teams of all time with Jordan and Pippen destroying all perimeter play, and should have no problems stopping even today's perimeter offense. They manage to stop Magic Johnson, Gary Payton, Drexler/Porter, Thomas/Dumars, Johnson/Marjele, Stockton/Hornacek. These are some of the greatest backcourts around, and they couldn't get their offense going.

That said, it was done during the handcheck rule days, so they may not be allowed to be as aggressive. On the other hand, it's Jordan, so he gets away with anything.

The three second rule probably wouldn't affect them much, the Bulls never really had much of a shot blocker anyways.

lefty
06-26-2014, 09:21 AM

http://media.giphy.com/media/DSzEO7atZbGLu/giphy.gif

Gummi Clutch
06-26-2014, 10:32 AM
You can pretty much tell which poster nowadays are trying so hard to get into Harlem's POTM list.
its sad tbh.

Gummi Clutch
06-26-2014, 10:32 AM

...:lmao

Malik Hairston
06-26-2014, 10:55 AM
Dad Killer would have still been an elite player, arguably the best player in the league, but it would be much more difficult to win in an era with less White players and more schemes/systems/talent/athleticism/shooters, obviously..

Even if the Bulls had played in the team-oriented 80s, it would have been more difficult, tbh..playing in the ISO, goon, expansion era with by far the most talented team in the era led to 6 titles, which was expected..

It would also be much more difficult to hide Jordan's role in killing his father in 2014, so realistically speaking, if he was playing today, he would be in prison, at the moment..

Kool Bob Love
06-26-2014, 10:58 AM
:lmao