PDA

View Full Version : Pistons: Kobe in 2004 against the Pistons..

Malik Hairston
06-26-2014, 11:10 AM
Many of us mock Kobe for his performance in the 2004 Finals, but after re-watching it, I can't really blame him too much, tbh..

The Pistons' spent all series hacking and grabbing at Kobe and the Lakers, their style of play was hideous, as Mark Cuban later complained about..basketball is a beautiful sport that should be played at the highest level of skill, not a bunch of goons that can't keep up with the offensive player, so they resort to hacking and grabbing all game..

There's nothing I hate more than being guarded by some fat ass that doesn't have any lateral quickness, so he grabs/hacks me when I blow by him..cheap basketball that was rampant in the 90s and 2000s, tbh..

Thankfully, a lot of this goon shit is being eradicated..we just need to eliminate Memphis, Indiana and Chicago, now..

UZER
06-26-2014, 11:24 AM
Did you ever watch rick Fox play? You just described his defense.

scanry
06-26-2014, 11:25 AM
Kobe had 29 more FGA than Shaq and yet daddy outscored him by 20 pts, so no. Kobe literally gift wrapped that series to the pistons. All he had to do was feed Shaq in the post and get out of his way.

UZER
06-26-2014, 11:25 AM
Did you ever watch Derek Fisher play? You just described his defense.

Thread
06-26-2014, 11:26 AM
+ '14 came along and now Kobe has James for company.

baseline bum
06-26-2014, 11:28 AM
Many of us mock Kobe for his performance in the 2004 Finals, but after re-watching it, I can't really blame him too much, tbh..

The Pistons' spent all series hacking and grabbing at Kobe and the Lakers, their style of play was hideous, as Mark Cuban later complained about..basketball is a beautiful sport that should be played at the highest level of skill, not a bunch of goons that can't keep up with the offensive player, so they resort to hacking and grabbing all game..

There's nothing I hate more than being guarded by some fat ass that doesn't have any lateral quickness, so he grabs/hacks me when I blow by him..cheap basketball that was rampant in the 90s and 2000s, tbh..

Thankfully, a lot of this goon shit is being eradicated..we just need to eliminate Memphis, Indiana and Chicago, now..

You can't blame him for not passing the ball to Shaq?

RsxPiimp
06-26-2014, 11:29 AM
a huge part of the lakers failure against da 2004 pistons was kobe's fault. no sugar coatin it, on the real.

scanry
06-26-2014, 11:37 AM
a huge part of the lakers failure against da 2004 pistons was kobe's fault. no sugar coatin it, on the real.

The Pistons had no answer for Shaq tbh and yet Kobe wanted to Enrique his way to the finals MVP. Too bad he got his ass handed to him.

Thread
06-26-2014, 11:44 AM
Did you ever watch Derek Fisher play? You just described his defense.

.4 & 6=7

- "Suck on that, Sport."

- "Travis Bickle" - "Taxi Driver"

Gummi Clutch
06-26-2014, 11:47 AM
a great, underhanded way of dissing 90's ball and hence Jordan...I mean...thats really going to make Lebron look better. What a sad asshat.

spurraider21
06-26-2014, 11:50 AM
If Kobe was getting hacked and not getting calls, but shaq in the meantime was being defended by a 6'7 player, there's an obvious adjustment :lol

Thread
06-26-2014, 11:52 AM
If Kobe was getting hacked and not getting calls, but shaq in the meantime was being defended by a 6'7 player, there's an obvious adjustment :lol

Well, whatever it was James didn't make it either a decade later.

kobe4life
06-26-2014, 11:53 AM
Good to see this Great Satan worshiper acknowledge the truth which is God is a better player than the Great Satan. I'm glad you see that the Pistons cheated against God by hacking and grabbing him.

Venti Quattro
06-26-2014, 11:54 AM
The NBA wouldn't let a team with a player a pending rape charge then to win the title... so what they did is they allowed the hideous style of play of Detroit and then rewarded them with a shit ton of free throws so that they would at least reach 80 points.

But that was 10 years ago, so water under the bridge.

spurraider21
06-26-2014, 12:00 PM
Well, whatever it was James didn't make it either a decade later.
are you suggesting James was getting hacked and not getting calls?

Thread
06-26-2014, 12:02 PM
are you suggesting James was getting hacked and not getting calls?

Are you?

spurraider21
06-26-2014, 12:04 PM
Are you?
no. but you are treading pussy and asshole territory if you are going to blame 5=5 on officiating

Thread
06-26-2014, 12:06 PM
no.

Me neither.

Malik Hairston
06-26-2014, 12:08 PM
The Pistons were fronting Shaq for a large portion of the Spurs, and even passing the ball is difficult while you're being hacked and grabbed, obviously..

spurraider21
06-26-2014, 12:11 PM
Me neither.
wonderful

spurraider21
06-26-2014, 12:11 PM
The Pistons were fronting Shaq for a large portion of the Spurs, and even passing the ball is difficult while you're being hacked and grabbed, obviously..
you're right. i guess the only solution is the relentlessly put up long range contested jump shots

ambchang
06-26-2014, 12:13 PM
It's sad that your hate for 90s ball is > your hate for Kobe.

It's even sadder that the hate for 90s ball was your man love for Lebron, and your illogical way of bashing 90s ball to prop up Lebron.

And yet, your OP backfired. If Kobe was destroyed by this grabbing holding defense with Shaq in the middle, how ridiculously good did Jordan have to be to win 6 championships in the 90s dealing with the same defense, with Will Perdue, Bill Wellington and Bill Cartrwight in the middle?

In fact, Lebron didn't have to deal with this defense, because his prime came in after the SSoL Suns that changed NBA offense, and yet he "only" manage to win 2 out of 4 in this perimeter friendly league.

100%duncan
06-26-2014, 12:15 PM
you're right. i guess the only solution is the relentlessly put up long range contested jump shots

:lol

Malik Hairston
06-26-2014, 12:17 PM
It's also unreal that Kobe only managed to shoot 5 FTAs per game in this series, too:lol..

Thread
06-26-2014, 12:18 PM
It's sad that your hate for 90s ball is > your hate for Kobe.

It's even sadder that the hate for 90s ball was your man love for Lebron, and your illogical way of bashing 90s ball to prop up Lebron.

And yet, your OP backfired. If Kobe was destroyed by this grabbing holding defense with Shaq in the middle, how ridiculously good did Jordan have to be to win 6 championships in the 90s dealing with the same defense, with Will Perdue, Bill Wellington and Bill Cartrwight in the middle?

In fact, Lebron didn't have to deal with this defense, because his prime came in after the SSoL Suns that changed NBA offense, and yet he "only" manage to win 2 out of 4 in this perimeter friendly league.

sniff-sniff....yep, amb, your shit doesn't stink again.

Malik Hairston
06-26-2014, 12:22 PM
Just for reference, here's prime Dad Killer vs. "physical" defenses:

Knicks in '93: 11 FTAs per game
Knicks in '92: 10
Pistons in '91: 12 FTAs per game
Pistons in '90: 10
Pistons in '89: 14

spurraider21
06-26-2014, 12:48 PM
Maybe if Kobe wasn't too busy going 4-23 from downtown he could have gotten more free throws

Gummi Clutch
06-26-2014, 12:49 PM
"dad killer"...:lol

What a terrible shtick. I mean, MJ was a terrible human being no doubt, gambling addict, cheater, shitty husband...but damn that diss is so bad that everytime you use it , it props Jordan up.

Thread
06-26-2014, 12:49 PM
Maybe if Kobe wasn't too busy going 4-23 from downtown he could have gotten more free throws

And maybe if Duncan had made that lay u............forget it. Fuck it.

Thread
06-26-2014, 12:51 PM
"dad killer"...

What a terrible shtick. I mean, MJ was a terrible human being no doubt, >>>>>>gambling addict, cheater, shitty husband...<<<<<<

:lol You were doing fine there, Gums, it just went on too long to support ceasing the stated indictment.

spurraider21
06-26-2014, 12:53 PM
And maybe if Duncan had made that lay u............forget it. Fuck it.
:lol enjoy 6 while you can, in 51-52 weeks it might be ours to gloat

Thread
06-26-2014, 12:55 PM
:lol enjoy 6 while you can, in 51-52 weeks it might be ours to gloat

It's all I got left aside from a basement full of fucking barrels.

spurraider21
06-26-2014, 12:58 PM
It's all I got left aside from a basement full of fucking barrels.
Don't you wish you were short 1 barrel?

Thread
06-26-2014, 01:03 PM
Don't you wish you were short 1 barrel?

Sure, and I was pigheaded about them. Remember, I wouldn't even roll them after about the All-Star break. Got my back up and called a Barrel Embargo. I don't even recall the issue now, but, I was Hell bent on not rolling them. Now I got a fire hazard down there & one upstairs. "What are you going to do with those barrels, Dale? I knew investing in oak futures was a mistake. I'm calling mother."

spurraider21
06-26-2014, 01:09 PM
Sure, and I was pigheaded about them. Remember, I wouldn't even roll them after about the All-Star break. Got my back up and called a Barrel Embargo. I don't even recall the issue now, but, I was Hell bent on not rolling them. Now I got a fire hazard down there & one upstairs. "What are you going to do with those barrels, Dale? I knew investing in oak futures was a mistake. I'm calling mother."

i think your vagina got sore after we beat the mavs in a regular season game and we "went easy" on them here, so you decided not to roll barrels until we lost. Coulda cleared up a lot of basement space if you rolled them out for the lake show

Thread
06-26-2014, 01:12 PM

i think your vagina got sore after we beat the mavs in a regular season game and we "went easy" on them here, so you decided not to roll barrels until we lost. Coulda cleared up a lot of basement space if you rolled them out for the lake show

That's right. I took umbrage and now I'm suffering for it. My Barrel Concession is defunct. My 5-4 is defunct. I only have The Bag. The fuckin' Bag. God bless it.

spurraider21
06-26-2014, 01:14 PM
That's right. I took umbrage and now I'm suffering for it. My Barrel Concession is defunct. My 5-4 is defunct. I only have The Bag. The fuckin' Bag. God bless it.
The bag is too subjective to have the same effect as the others, though. It's as though everybody on this board except you knows the bag fits Kobe better than Duncan

Thread
06-26-2014, 01:19 PM
The bag is too subjective to have the same effect as the others, though. It's as though everybody on this board except you knows the bag fits Kobe better than Duncan

It's still a flesh cutter though. I can tell from the attitude of it's respondents. That's good though, keeps the balance of the Board at prime, well, sub prime anyway. It's difficult for the heartfelt of your people to reconcile Duncan at ring and with a shit bag. And where it's true is that was the rule, I didn't have to fudge it to keep it in Texas. Circumstance played out to my benefit and we get at least another year of ball busting and fellowship.

Clipper Nation
06-26-2014, 01:20 PM
Pistons hacked, sure, but there's no excuse for Kirby not getting out of the way and letting the alpha (Shaq) carry them to victory....

spurraider21
06-26-2014, 01:22 PM
It's still a flesh cutter though. I can tell from the attitude of it's respondents. That's good though, keeps the balance of the Board at prime, well, sub prime anyway. It's difficult for the heartfelt of your people to reconcile Duncan at ring and with a shit bag. And where it's true is that was the rule, I didn't have to fudge it to keep it in Texas. Circumstance played out to my benefit and we get at least another year of ball busting and fellowship.
Your previous shticks were effective because they were cold, hard, simple facts. But based on the current state of their careers, nobody would give the bag credibility if you insist Kobe ain't wearin it

Gummi Clutch
06-26-2014, 01:24 PM
:lol You were doing fine there, Gums, it just went on too long to support ceasing the stated indictment.
I know we are in agreement on this. Cub.

Thread
06-26-2014, 01:26 PM
Your previous shticks were effective because they were cold, hard, simple facts. But based on the current state of their careers, nobody would give the bag credibility if you insist Kobe ain't wearin it

Where it has solid merit is Duncan's culpability in last June's disaster and quite frankly getting into the backseat this June. Those two events lend to tiredness and by association The Bag. And I'll tell you, I feel better and I stand on solid ground because of it. If he were not complicit last June, if he were in the front seat, even riding shot gun this June I'd still stand on the New Mexico/Texas border and stop the transfer, but, I'd look 60 years old doing it. Now, well now I'm 39 and righteous.

ambchang
06-26-2014, 01:38 PM
Just for reference, here's prime Dad Killer vs. "physical" defenses:

Knicks in '93: 11 FTAs per game
Knicks in '92: 10
Pistons in '91: 12 FTAs per game
Pistons in '90: 10
Pistons in '89: 14

Lebron vs. non-"physical" defenses of the space and pace age, teams that weren't even out there to get him:
Pacers in 2013: 7.8 FTA
Bulls in 2013: 10.4 FTA
Celtics in 2012: 11.4 FTA
Pacers in 2012: 8.5FTA
Celtics in 11: 8.7FTA
Bulls in 11: 10FTA
Celtics in 08: 12.8FTA
Spurs in 07: 7.3FTA
Piston in 07: 9.7

Kobe:
Playoff teams in 13 and 14: 0.0 FTA
Celtics in 10: 8.6 FTA
Jazz in 10: 9.5 FTA
Magic in 09: 8.8 FTA
Nuggets in 09: 12 FTA
Celtics in 08: 8.2 FTA
Jazz in 08: 15 FTA
Physical teams from 05 to 07: 0.0 FTA
Any teams as the alpha: 0.0 FTA

Thread
06-26-2014, 01:41 PM
Lebron vs. non-"physical" defenses of the space and pace age, teams that weren't even out there to get him:
Pacers in 2013: 7.8 FTA
Bulls in 2013: 10.4 FTA
Celtics in 2012: 11.4 FTA
Pacers in 2012: 8.5FTA
Celtics in 11: 8.7FTA
Bulls in 11: 10FTA
Celtics in 08: 12.8FTA
Spurs in 07: 7.3FTA
Piston in 07: 9.7

Kobe:
Playoff teams in 13 and 14: 0.0 FTA
Celtics in 10: 8.6 FTA
Jazz in 10: 9.5 FTA
Magic in 09: 8.8 FTA
Nuggets in 09: 12 FTA
Celtics in 08: 8.2 FTA
Jazz in 08: 15 FTA
Physical teams from 05 to 07: 0.0 FTA
Any teams as the alpha: 0.0 FTA

Shocky lit the pilot on the stove prematurely after Game 2. I told him to wait---he went anyway!!!

But, I'll boil it down:::

Kobe: 5

James: 2

spurraider21
06-26-2014, 01:42 PM
Where it has solid merit is Duncan's culpability in last June's disaster and quite frankly getting into the backseat this June. Those two events lend to tiredness and by association The Bag. And I'll tell you, I feel better and I stand on solid ground because of it. If he were not complicit last June, if he were in the front seat, even riding shot gun this June I'd still stand on the New Mexico/Texas border and stop the transfer, but, I'd look 60 years old doing it. Now, well now I'm 39 and righteous.
That's fine and well, but we all know if Duncan rings again and Kobe has a similarly lousy year, you will either:
a) refuse to reassign the bag for some new made up reason/excuse
b) disappear

a bag that only moves if you say so is like cutting up some construction paper, calling it the Currency of Culburn, and you choose to decide how much/little it is worth depending on your mood. Inherently worthless

Thread
06-26-2014, 01:45 PM
That's fine and well, but we all know if Duncan rings again and Kobe has a similarly lousy year, you will either:
a) refuse to reassign the bag for some new made up reason/excuse
b) disappear

a bag that only moves if you say so is like cutting up some construction paper, calling it the Currency of Culburn, and you choose to decide how much/little it is worth depending on your mood. Inherently worthless

No, I'll be here either of two ways:::I won't leave if I don't have a horse. Or, I'll return and meet you fellows immediately after it's over.

The Bag transfers if Duncan rings before KobePERIOD

Thebesteva
06-26-2014, 01:46 PM

When Medvedenko is your starting PF you're fucked. But people want to forget this beautiful CLUTCH gem from Kobe in 2004, despite it being a series loss this was some epic shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f8IbTSWc8o

Thread
06-26-2014, 01:48 PM
When Medvedenko is your starting PF you're fucked.

& you couldn't talk him (Jackson) out of it. Like when he tried to make Kwami Brown into James Worthy, or, Smush Parker into Tony Parker. He'd get a thought lodged between his fuckin' ears and it would take root no matter the calamity that grew from it.

ambchang
06-26-2014, 01:57 PM
When Medvedenko is your starting PF you're fucked. But people want to forget this beautiful CLUTCH gem from Kobe in 2004, despite it being a series loss this was some epic shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f8IbTSWc8o

Now you are just making stuff up. Malone started 42 games that year, and missed the others because he was injured. Medvedenko only started 38 of the 68 games he played in because pedophile (not you) was injured.

vs. the Pistons, Malone started all four games he played in, including Game 2.

Medevenko only started in Game 5 because the series was essentially over, and pedophile quit.

lil'mo
06-26-2014, 01:58 PM

Re watching a series from 2004. Yeah, you have a life :rolleyes

lefty
06-26-2014, 01:58 PM
OP has never played basketball :lol

It's a physical sport, you beta cuck phaggot :lol

AchillesHeel
06-26-2014, 02:25 PM

Kobe was the 2nd best player on the team and he played solid @ home, also worth noting he came off shoulder injury in the WCF + had knee surgery coming into the season, he wasn't 100% physically either and it didn't help that he was constantly hacked in that series (without calls) + the fact no one on the team could even shoot 40% or above except for Shaq. Check Payton's numbers in that series for example. Malone was injuried.

Lakers were just outmatched as a team, much like this year's Heat team. You have to give Kobe some credit - he did win his team the only game of that series, the games on the road weren't that close except for one game IIRC, and even then they lost by like 8 points.

overall his play was poor compared to what he usually produced, but he was having a down year as a whole - the Pistons exposed him to the point that Mark Cuban had to complain to the league about it and they ended up removing handchecking completely, which we all know ended up biting the Mavs in the ass in the 2006 Finals.

jag
06-26-2014, 03:04 PM

The losers are always forgotten.

Thread
06-26-2014, 03:07 PM

Cept for a 60 year old fart face in Phoenix we didn't even remember Duncan's hand in 6 must less forget it.

Killakobe81
06-26-2014, 03:33 PM
Kobe had 29 more FGA than Shaq and yet daddy outscored him by 20 pts, so no. Kobe literally gift wrapped that series to the pistons. All he had to do was feed Shaq in the post and get out of his way.

Still wouldnt have won, they were the better team. Heck PJ got outcoached as well.
But Kobe played like shit ...

Thread
06-26-2014, 03:39 PM
Still wouldnt have won, they were the better team. Heck PJ got outcoached as well.
But Kobe played like shit ...

Thank you, Killa. He (Jackson) had to face his failure there, his failure for the vicious divorce in public of Kobe & Daddy. Throwing up his hands does not absolve him. Does not end it. It starts it. But, Media let him off the hook, let him take his extensive philosophical library with him, waited till he cleared the EXIT sign then descended on Daddy & Kobe, split the shit sandwich & force fed them.

Killakobe81
06-26-2014, 03:54 PM
Thank you, Killa. He (Jackson) had to face his failure there, his failure for the vicious divorce in public of Kobe & Daddy. Throwing up his hands does not absolve him. Does not end it. It starts it. But, Media let him off the hook, let him take his extensive philosophical library with him, waited till he cleared the EXIT sign then descended on Daddy & Kobe, split the shit sandwich & force fed them.

Oh Cully I know this. The casual fan, Kobe haters shaqlovers and Phil sychophants blamed it all on Kobe. And trust me, he deserved his share. But Phil thrived on the tension because it ceded him control as the "harmonizer" and burnished his reputation as the massager of egos. But then he let the media that he loved to play like a fiddle spiral shit out of control. I love PJ as a coach (but always a bit more partial to Riles and Pop). But he is not infallible. Larry Brown, RC and Pop have all outcoached him at some point of his career even if he has beaten them as well. And his biggest crime worse than the Kobe secrets in his shitty book was the blatant disrespect his ego dished on Jerry West. It's why I have never blamed them for not bringing back Phil last year. It probably cost us Dwight (blessing and curse?) but he pretty much shit on my 3rd favorite Laker (based on his GM ship) because of his freaking ego. How we won 3 titles with Phil, Shaq and Kobe's ego at battle is a minor miracle tbh.
We owe him for "5" of the 16 but he cost us Jerry West's dignity.
I remember people used to bemon on here the way Pop shat on bob Hill ...PJ's crimes against Jerry west was far worse but EVERYONE ignores that.

Thebesteva
06-26-2014, 04:21 PM

Yup

Thread
06-26-2014, 04:45 PM
Oh Cully I know this. The casual fan, Kobe haters shaqlovers and Phil sychophants blamed it all on Kobe. And trust me, he deserved his share. But Phil thrived on the tension because it ceded him control as the "harmonizer" and burnished his reputation as the massager of egos. But then he let the media that he loved to play like a fiddle spiral shit out of control. I love PJ as a coach (but always a bit more partial to Riles and Pop). But he is not infallible. Larry Brown, RC and Pop have all outcoached him at some point of his career even if he has beaten them as well. And his biggest crime worse than the Kobe secrets in his shitty book was the blatant disrespect his ego dished on Jerry West. It's why I have never blamed them for not bringing back Phil last year. It probably cost us Dwight (blessing and curse?) but he pretty much shit on my 3rd favorite Laker (based on his GM ship) because of his freaking ego. How we won 3 titles with Phil, Shaq and Kobe's ego at battle is a minor miracle tbh.
We owe him for "5" of the 16 but he cost us Jerry West's dignity.
I remember people used to bemon on here the way Pop shat on bob Hill ...PJ's crimes against Jerry west was far worse but EVERYONE ignores that.

Your mother & I are so proud, Killa.

- Dad

Thebesteva
06-26-2014, 05:22 PM
Pistons hacked, sure, but there's no excuse for Kirby not getting out of the way and letting the alpha (Shaq) carry them to victory....

That Pistons team is on everyones list as the greatest defensive team in NBA history. None the less, I didn't feel that either Shaq or Kobe were the issue. Both were averaging 23-26 points a game, Shaq at about 50% from the fg and Kobe at about 38%. .

The problem was Fisher, Fox, Payton combined were averaging from 3-5 points a game and shooting 30%, Malone was injured, the bench had depleted itself. IMO, people forget what a toll that Timberwolves series took on the Lakers.

None the less, you gotta hand it to Pistons, they were a monster fucking team that year. One of the scariest fucking teams I've seen, they went on huge stretches of holding teams to less than 60 points. We're talking all season long here of teams struggling to score over 60. I often wonder how different things would have been if Reggie didnt shit the bed and made that god damned lay up

http://i.cdn.turner.com/drp/nba/pistons/sites/default/files/styles/story_main_photo/public/starting5_800_140616.jpg?itok=qSJIpAgm

Thread
06-26-2014, 05:24 PM
^Oh, was Wallace lit 17 June 2010. Had to be carried out by LAPD SWAT.

ha, ha.

IrisHockey
06-26-2014, 05:29 PM
Poor Sheed had to retire after that loss

Thebesteva
06-26-2014, 05:31 PM
^Oh, was Wallace lit 17 June 2010. Had to be carried out by LAPD SWAT.

ha, ha.

So wonderful to know Lakers ultimately owned that faggots career :lol

jag
06-26-2014, 05:31 PM
I didn't feel that either Shaq or Kobe were the issue. Both were averaging 23-26 points a game, Shaq at about 50% from the fg and Kobe at about 38%.

Oh

IrisHockey
06-26-2014, 05:32 PM
Medvedenko couldn't hit his outside shot
Fisher didn't do anything after 0.4
Malone's injury
Payton shitbag

Gummi Clutch
06-26-2014, 05:34 PM
:lol pretending he knows about basketball. Stick to shitty sports.

Thebesteva
06-26-2014, 05:36 PM
Oh

Against that pistons D, thats about all ur getting from a guard.

jag
06-26-2014, 05:39 PM
Against that pistons D, thats about all ur getting from a guard.

The contested fadeaways didn't help.

Thread
06-26-2014, 06:00 PM
Poor Sheed had to retire after that loss

Walked away from a lot of money too. It wasn't just peanuts.

It just destroyed HIM standing there watching Kobe get that 5th. The whole bunch of 'em (Celtics) are exiting to their locker room after Game 7 and you see Wallace heading diagonal to the ref's room. LMAO!!!

Thebesteva
06-26-2014, 06:28 PM
The contested fadeaways didn't help.

Kobe shoots too much, these r things we know

DMC
06-26-2014, 09:48 PM
Kobe shoots too much, these r things we know

These are things we don't hide like flowers in the attic either.

Red Hawk #21
06-26-2014, 11:58 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/drp/nba/pistons/sites/default/files/styles/story_main_photo/public/starting5_800_140616.jpg?itok=qSJIpAgm

Great team right here. #Squad

Thebesteva
06-27-2014, 12:08 AM

Great team right here. #Squad

They were a solid wall. No superstars, just a bunch of dudes that knew their role and Larry Brown was a monster coach for those few years. I have always said I would take a prime Ben Wallace over Dwight Howard any day considering the pay differential. One guy just wants to help his team win and the other thinks hes the next Shaq.

Red Hawk #21
06-27-2014, 01:34 AM
They were a solid wall. No superstars, just a bunch of dudes that knew their role and Larry Brown was a monster coach for those few years. I have always said I would take a prime Ben Wallace over Dwight Howard any day considering the pay differential. One guy just wants to help his team win and the other thinks hes the next Shaq.

I feel that Dwight has always had the physical tools but the focus and fundamentals were somewhat lacking. However, Last season I saw tons of brilliance in his game, Dwight is growing as a player. His footwork, his post moves and his fundamentals are all improving. As for taking Big Ben over Dwight I'm not sure honestly. The thing is we've seen Big Ben at his best during the mid 2000s, but I'm certain we haven't seen Dwight at his best yet. His game is still improving and should continue to do so for quite some time.

MarioSpeedwagon
06-27-2014, 01:51 AM

Re watching a series from 2004. Yeah, you have a life :rolleyes
Winrar

ezau
06-27-2014, 06:05 AM
.4 & 6=7

- "Suck on that, Sport."

- "Travis Bickle" - "Taxi Driver"

And yet, Duncan>Kobe. How's that old sport? :lol

ezau
06-27-2014, 06:10 AM

You don't have anything left 'cept for Duncan>Kobe.

ezau
06-27-2014, 06:13 AM

Your shticks:

8-finished
skunker-finished
5>4-finished
6-finished

You have nothing left Cul, there's only Duncan>Kobe.

ezau
06-27-2014, 06:16 AM
Cept for a 60 year old fart face in Phoenix we didn't even remember Duncan's hand in 6 must less forget it.

Duncan>Kobe. Just policing you and checkin assholes. Let us proceed.

Clipper Nation
06-27-2014, 06:39 AM
Prime Ben Wallace was a superstar in my book, just on the defensive end, tbh....

Thread
06-27-2014, 07:19 AM
Your shticks:

8-finished
skunker-finished
5>4-finished
6-finished

You have nothing left Cul, there's only Duncan>Kobe.

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 5

ezau
06-27-2014, 11:23 AM

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 5

Duncan>Kobe is the only reality that's acceptable. Let us proceed.

spurraider21
06-27-2014, 11:41 AM
That Pistons team is on everyones list as the greatest defensive team in NBA history. None the less, I didn't feel that either Shaq or Kobe were the issue. Both were averaging 23-26 points a game, Shaq at about 50% from the fg and Kobe at about 38%. .
:lmao if by "about 50%" you meant 63%, you are correct. he was dominating ben

diego
06-27-2014, 02:17 PM
Remind me what was the big difference between the 04 and the 05 pistons?